Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Midsummer Art Trade!

It's time for an art adventure! Challenge yourself to draw something new and unexpected -- get character art in return that may be in surprising new styles!
artist_Elf.png
In a trade like this, artists post information about a character (or characters!) that they would like drawn. At the end of the sign up period, all entrants are sent a randomly selected name. Each entrant draws one of the characters that their assigned person submitted, and then on a certain day, you all exchange what you drew! Pretty cool right!? Everyone gets to have some fun, and get some cool new character art in the process.

RULES
This event is for artists. Artists of all skill levels are welcome! However, if you have never drawn before, only drawn a few times, or don't consider yourself to be an artist in any way, this event may not be for you.

ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY JULY 20TH
ALL ART MUST BE SENT BY AUGUST 17TH

PLEASE BE CERTAIN YOU CAN COMPLETE YOUR ASSIGNED PIECE IN THE TIME ALLOWED. If you're not sure, just play it safe and don't enter. We do two art trades every year, so if you're not positive you can complete this one, try for the next one instead.

If you do not turn your art trade piece in, you will be asked to sit out the next art trade on the RPR. Failure to turn your piece in in two art trades may lead you to be banned from the art trade. The RPR commissions replacement art when a piece is not turned in to someone who DID complete their assignment, and we don't have an infinite budget for this.

Artists are NOT required to include a background in their drawing, but you can include a suggestion with your entry, should the artist that gets your character feel up to drawing it.

Only entries drawn by you, digital or scanned, are acceptable. Please do not submit photomanipulations or images created with doll makers.

Any artist caught passing off traced or stolen artwork as their own will be banned from the trade - and any other art-based events or contests run by the RPR - for life.

When entries are due, all artists must post them on the art trade thread--no exceptions.

Please keep in mind that pairings are random. You may be asked to draw a type of character that you don't normally -- for example, if you normally don't draw anthropomorphic characters, you may have to challenge yourself to make your best attempt at something outside your comfort zone! However, you will never be asked to draw an image with a rating above PG13 in this trade.

All entrants must link to three recent examples of their artwork when joining.

THE CATEGORIES
Dabbler
This category is for beginning or occasional artists. Dabblers are still required to put their full effort into the piece they submit for their trade!

Devotee
If you have been doing focused art practice on a regular basis for at least three years, this category is for you. Not all artists in this category are necessarily professional level! However, they are not really beginners, either. Think of this as intermediate and up.

If you are a devotee, you may still enter into the dabbler category if you wish. :)

In the past, some people have tried to join as a devotee even though they had never drawn before, because they planned to "work really hard" on their trade piece. Please be realistic: one time effort is not equivalent to years of practice. Both dabblers and devotees are asked to put their best effort into their trade pieces.

Keep in mind that the art you are receiving is a gift. Whoever got your character put a lot of time and effort into the drawing, so if it's not exactly right, please don't be angry or upset! This contest is meant to be fun for everybody.

Ready to enter? All you need to do to enter is fill out this form and post it as a reply to this topic! When entries close, you will all be PM'd the name of the person you are drawing for. Please keep it a secret, and do not give your trade their art early! If you are going to be out of town on the due date, please PM me (Loki)with the artwork and I will make sure they get it on the right date. Please also PM me if you have blocked the person you are paired with so I can get it fixed right away! No matter how many characters you submit, the artist is only required to draw one character, and backgrounds are optional.

Code:
[b]Did you read and understand the rules of the trade?[/b] [b]Dabbler or Devotee?[/b] [b]Why did you choose that category?[/b] [b]Please link to three examples of recent artwork you have completed:[/b][collapse name="Examples"] Link or post your pictures between the brackets [/collapse] [b]Character Name:[/b] [b]Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials:[/b] [b]Species:[/b] [b]Gender:[/b] [b]Personality:[/b] [b]Brief physical description of the character:[/b] [b]Suggested environments:[/b] [b]Anything else we need to know:[/b] [b]If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no)[/b]
Did you read and understand the rules of the trade? Yes
Dabbler or Devotee? Devotee
Why did you choose that category? I've been drawing for some time, and I entered the 2015 Winter Art Trade as a Devotee as well.
Please link to three examples of recent artwork you have completed:
Examples
ml_civ_group_by_freejayfly-da3i5o8.gifyt_channel_img_may_2016_by_freejayfly-da4lg0s.pngbeltrixie___overwatch_cosplay_by_freejayfly-da5qbj9.png

Character Name: Pixie Moreno
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Profile Page - Art Tab; Current appearance
Species: Human
Personality: Bubbly, fun loving, peppy, relatively friendly, sweet-tooth (particularly for chocolate or Neapolitan desserts), cares very much for Beltrán
Brief physical description of the character: Stands at 5'3", has short cut auburn/rust-coloured hair that is dyed pink at most tips though blonde at the bangs, her eyes are almond shaped with a spring hazel colour to them, Pixie's skin tone is also a kind of bronze-y olive colour. Heart-shaped face with a small nose with a slightly concave bridge that results in a somewhat button nose appearance. Pixie also has several tattoos, though three of them are generally hidden by her clothing choices, and the only ones that can be seen are the thin bands around her left wrist. As for body type, Pixie is a mesomorph and does have a little bit of chunk around her tummy and thighs.
Suggested environments: Doesn't really matter too much to me. Something that isn't sombre is my only request.
Anything else we need to know: Nothing that cannot be read in her linked profile.

Character Name: Beltrán Moreno
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Beltrán Appearance + some additional information for those interested.
Personality: Stoic, generally stand-offish, serious expression most of the time, keeps to himself, has a sarcastic sense of humour, loyal to his friends, dorky and seemingly more warm around Pixie
Brief physical description of the character: Beltrán stands at 6', has deep blue eyes, a mole under the outer corner of his left eye, unkempt black hair, somewhat pronounced nose with a straight bridge, and tanned peach skin from spending his time in the sunlight. When he is not wearing his poncho, Beltrán can be seen wearing a sleeveless turtleneck, and his arms are adorned with scars from large, predatory bird-Pokémon on the his right, and tribal-inspired tattoos on his left. Generally, Beltrán also wears dark blue denim jeans, and wears reddish-beige work boots.
Suggested environments: Doesn't really matter too much to me. Something that isn't sombre is my only request.
Anything else we need to know: Mmm not that I know of.

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) Definitely. Beltrán and Pixie are married, so it would be appreciated.

Other Notes: If Netherweave so chooses to enter this event, please know that we live together, and it would be very difficult (and admittedly disappointing to the both of us) if we are to gift either of our entries to one another since we already draw for one another, as well as have to share a computer at current (so keeping it a secret would be difficult).
Did you read and understand the rules of the trade? Yessum.
Dabbler or Devotee? Devotee.
Why did you choose that category? What I've always entered as :3
Examples
WQpnABU.png 97Z0DGe.png BXyQyh9.png

Character Name: Emmalina
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/c/Emmalina
Species: Furred and feathered dragon with a humanoid form.
Personality: Calm, easy going and all round pleasant.
Brief physical description of the character: Very feminine. Wears long dresses and feminine attire as a rule. Hair usually left down or in intricate braids. Splash of teal above silver eyes that looks like make up but us actually markings. long canines if shown.
Suggested environments: Forest, or lavish manor type homes/gardens.
Anything else we need to know: Not a modern character, no modern clothing/scenery.

Character Name: Ah
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/c/mouthtail
Species: Demonic Tailmouth
Personality: Indulgent, arrogant and lazy.
Brief physical description of the character: Third eye in forehead is always open. Eyes usually glow. Currently sporting an undercut hairstyle. Thick fur around his shoulders. Usually in Arabian style clothing, or simple harem pants. Only has 1 horn. Teeth are sharp if shown. Tongue for tail and his mouth are blue.
Suggested environments: Opium den, anywhere with plush pillows and silks.
Anything else we need to know: Not a modern character, no modern clothing/scenery.

Character Name: Brokk (Vince as Alias)
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=63981&page=138887
Species: Forest fae.
Personality: Cheerful, impish and bright.
Brief physical description of the character: Always in his glasses. One eye is green, one is gold. Typically found in hipster type fashion, can have fun with that. Young, so has a slight bit of chin scruff to make him look older.
Suggested environments: City, forest, apartment, gardens.. anything goes.
Anything else we need to know: Modern character. If you like the look of his fae form more, feel free to draw that instead. If so, his skin glimmers with gold dust, his eyes are solid and glowing, ears are pointed and no glasses.

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) No thank you :3
Ilmarinen Moderator

Lemme just copypasta from the winter art trade thread ... my art refs are now 6 months old but I'm on mobile, so I'll try to update them in a little bit!

Did you read and understand the rules of the trade? I did!
Dabbler or Devotee? Devotee!
Why did you choose that category? I'm a professional artist and have participated in every one of RPR's art trades so far 8)

Character Name: Ivian
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials:
Main reference: https://www.weasyl.com/character/55578/ivian
http://athousandrasps.com/imguploader/view.php?name=ivian_bigref.png
http://www.rprepository.com/c/heartseeker
Species: human
Sex: cis male
Personality: Haunted by his past, but good-natured and desperate to please.
Brief physical description of the character: A stocky soldier in his late 20s. He has long, shaggy blonde hair and a couple of scars on his face. His green eyes are haunted and sunken and his nose is turned up a little. He has soft, somewhat boyish features and a blocky build. Extremely scarred arms.
Suggested environments: A castle, guarding a wall, an open field ... lots of options.
Anything else we need to know: He can be drawn in a wide array of medieval outfits but he has refs on his page. If you want to depict him with weapons, he could be carrying a ten foot pike or a massive tower shield. He also has a falchion, the ref for which is in his gallery. Feel free to take some liberties with his outfit.

Character Name: Oberlan
Main reference: https://www.weasyl.com/submission/1138563/lord-of-the-lances
http://athousandrasps.com/imguploader/view.php?name=oberlan_sunsetgarb.png
Bonus!
http://www.rprepository.com/images/gallery/gl-37951-1470454721.png
http://screamingnorth.com/imguploader/view.php?name=oberlandisturbed.png
http://screamingnorth.com/imguploader/view.php?name=oberlanthrone_wip2.png
http://screamingnorth.com/imguploader/view.php?name=ivylane.png
http://screamingnorth.com/imguploader/view.php?name=dance.png
Species: human
Personality: Driven and commanding, willing to do anything he needs to get what he wants.
Brief physical description of the character: A sharp-featured nobleman in his early 30s. He has wavy/curly red-gold hair with prominent bangs. His eyes are amber. He's tall and lean, but strong, like silk.
Suggested environments: Anywhere in a castle.
Anything else we need to know: His clothing should appear fairly wealthy. Velvet doublets with tall boots and puffy shirts are always good options. He primarily wears reds, oranges, yellows, white and black, purples, etc. Rarely greens and browns.

Character Name: Zazeal
http://www.rprepository.com/c/zazeal
Species: ram-horned minotaur
Personality: Cunningly brutal, brutally cunning. Cruel and gluttonous.
Brief physical description of the character: A Trivantine minotaur from humble roots, now moderately wealthy. He is large and burly, very string but hefty as well. Instead of standard bovine horns, he instead has ram horns. He dresses richly and is fond of brass jewelry. Attire is Roman-themed, very drapey, and might show some skin. Tons of rings, piercings, etc. Scarlet eyes, and also scarlet geometric markings on his arms and face.
Suggested environments: Slums, an arena, a tavern ...
Anything else we need to know: nope.

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) Ivian and Oberlan can be drawn together (they are somewhat romantically involved), but not Zazeal, since they are from AUs!
I haven't been able to join one of these in a while, I'm pretty nervous but excited about it <3

Basics
Why did you choose that category? Been working on art for about five or six years now, so I figure I fit; I may go through a ton of art blocks, but I do have a general idea of what I'm doing XD
Examples
These are ALL oc's of mine, but still work as examples!
19062016___ali_by_featherhowlart-da6z4ac.png6_14_2016___alison_parks_by_featherhowlart-da6fwsl.png22062016___snap_by_featherhowlart-da7ajt3.png

Character Name: Melody Martineau / Maladie
Character Sheet (Written)
Character Sheet (Visual)
Outfit Recolors 1 and 2
Personality: When relaxed in her casual clothing, she's a huge bubbly dork who doesn't seem all that smart upon first glance. She's clumsy from being oblivious and seems really stupid. However, upon starting a deep conversation with her, she's actually rather intelligent... Also, memelord. When in battle, she seems to take a complete 180, being very quiet and focused to the point where it can be somewhat terrifying...
Brief physical description of the character: Slim, a bit lanky. She stands around 6' and has little fat on her person, though she's not skin and bones either. Very delicate.
Suggested environments: Any of the Overwatch Maps, specifically King's Row or Hollywood, but honestly, any of them would do! If these are unknown to the artist, she doesn't have to be on a background <3
Anything else we need to know: Don't think so!

Character Name: Ssevina
Character Sheet (Visual)
Character Sheet (Written)
Extra Image
Species: Naga (Appears Night Elf / Blood Elf)
Personality: Sneaky and very stereotypically pirate. She's more interested in shiny things than she is with whatever crew she's joined up with. Usually after she gets what she wants, she takes down the crew with her siren-like song and ends up hiding out in her own little slice of heaven. She's very sarcastic, cocky, and sometimes more lustful.
Brief physical description of the character: Lithe, athletic, slim, and lean. She has B-Cup breasts and slim hips, but her curves are definitely present enough. Lanky arms and legs, but they don't look awkward.
Suggested environments: Pirate ships, beaches, etc. If you draw her naga form, it'd be nice to have her in a cavern near a beach, covered in algae and waterfalls, stuff like that!
Anything else we need to know: Don't think so! She does belong to the warcraft universe, but if the artists has no clue what that means, it's fine!

Character Name: Queriah Moonfox
Main Piece
Clothing Lineup
Character Sheet (Written) - Most detail/up-to-date
Character Sheet (Visual)
Species: Eternal Dragon - Looks Quel'Dorei
Personality: Very kind, gentle, though extremely mischievous and curious. She tends to cause a lot of trouble, though it's always accidental. If she ever means anyone harm, which is rare, she's not going to be subtle about it, so if she is subtle and causes anyone harm, it means she did not do it on purpose. She's very apologetic; tends to be one of those people that the conversation ends with someone going, "Stop saying sorry!" only to have her apologize for saying sorry too much.
Brief physical description of the character: Fit, lithe, slim, toned, longer legs. Small breasts but thicker hips and thighs (extreme pear shape).
Suggested environments: Forests of autumn-colors, or a log cabin with lots of pelts and things. Not required, obvs.
Anything else we need to know: If you do decide to draw Quer, please don't forget her tattoos! They don't have to be perfect (in that first piece, they're far from), but some amount of her tattoos being shown would be nice! Also, she has so many pet foxes, you can't even count them, so if one or two are in there, that'd be AWESOME, but don't feel required!

Character Name: Starelleka
Written Character Sheet (Trigger warning in her history for abuse)
Piece 1
Piece 2
Dragon Form (If you want to draw it heehee)
Species: Green Dragon (looks Night Elf)
Personality: A bit darker and certainly not as optimistic as her sisters; she's quite the pessimist, mostly because of how her father has treated her versus her sisters. She tends to come off as cold until you get to know her, and once at that point, she's... well, still kind of cold and untrusting, but certainly less so.
Brief physical description of the character: Athletic and slightly muscular. She's pretty plain overall. Small a-cup, slimmer hips.
Suggested environments: Nagrand or forested-environments
Anything else we need to know: She's a very grumpy little bean. Her smiling or making peace signs or etc. would not be characteristic of her. The grumpier/more depressed/angry she looks the better!

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) No thank you!
Did you read and understand the rules of the trade? Yes, of course!
Why did you choose that category? I've worked consistently on my art for several years, and regularly take commissions!
Examples
2AIpKo5.png
4UW7K9O.png
abelie___ych_commission_by_libra-da80r2e.png

Character Name: Tuesday
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Tuesday's RPR is a haven of information. Her gallery is near the middle of the page and is all linked to Imgur.
Species: Fae-touched Human
Personality: Sweet, bright, vibrant, loving, fun and adorably awkward at times. She's got a bit of sarcastic humor to her, and enjoys a good laugh. Easygoing and friendly.
Brief physical description of the character: Dancer's build (she did ballet as a child and continues to dance), dyes her hair all sorts of colors, freckles across her nose, cheeks and shoulders. She's 5'8" and mostly all leg.
Suggested environments: Cafes, a park, riding a bike, dancing!
Anything else we need to know: You can color her hair ANY color you like! When not glamoured to look 'natural' she is a kaleidoscope of colors, similar to Karolina Dean.

Character Name: Jie
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Jie's RPR is still in the works, but has a gallery and some character information.
Species: Weredog - Shiba inu
Personality: Jie's pretty doglike in several ways, but she's also very confident and proud of herself. She loves eating food, and is very adventurous when it comes to her meals. She's very energetic.
Brief physical description of the character: She's -short-, standing at 4'1". Her skin's dark, and she's got naturally light blue eyes. She has long hair, and keeps it dyed platinum blonde with half of it dyed a pastel purple.
Suggested environments: Anything, really!
Anything else we need to know: She can be drawn as a shiba inu, just remember to include the bits of purple!

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) Sure! Tuesday and Jie exist in the same community.
Why did you choose that category? I've been drawing for about nine years so I feel I fit the category best rather than dabbler.
Examples
wip_of_sylvanas_by_kaygeeh-d9uhyaa.pngnew_canvas_by_kaygeeh-d9oqdzy.pngtoffee_by_kaygeeh-d9lcxub.png

Character Name: Faeliteas
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: website / reference / outfit options
Species: Cinihel (closed species made be myself)
Personality: regal, composed, and cautious, avoids other races either from prejudice or outright racism, and thinks incredibly highly of herself.
Brief physical description of the character: tall, lithe, with barely any body fat on her. appears sickly with skin stretching tight over her bones. dark red hair falls in large round curls ending at the small of her back just above where her tail base is. left eye socket is missing with scars over it. teal blue crystals protrude from various points on her body, the longest and largest ones on her back and shoulder blades.
Suggested environments: dark rooms/places, anywhere with fire, her body is diseased and has a habit of killing flora in certain environments.
Anything else we need to know: she's spoopy but doesn't mean to be.

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) n/a
Did you read and understand the rules of the trade? Yes.
Why did you choose that category? I've got a BA in art, so I hope that counts for something.
Examples
Some stuff I pulled off my old tumblr:
tumblr_nbdawu8Kps1sn661eo1_1280.png
tumblr_nbxdcsKmcT1sn661eo1_500.png
tumblr_mxanmvgLoB1sn661eo1_500.jpg

I never really settled on a distinctive style, so apologies for being all over the place.

Character Name: Blondy
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Blondy's RPR
Species: Coyote (southwestern variant)
Personality: Sweet but shy, and often lost in thought.
Brief physical description of the character: Anthro, on the petite side, and underweight. He has a reference sheet on his RPR profile that covers all the basics (ref contains nudity, but nothing sexual in nature). Side note on clothing: loves ponchos, serapes, and bandanas, but no hats or shoes.
Suggested environments: If you feel up to it, out in the Mojave Desert. A modern town or city typical to the southwest desert region of the US also works. If making a background is too intimidating, don't worry about it!
Anything else we need to know: Blondy's not having a great time at the moment. If you feel like drawing someone looking sad or anxious, you're in luck.
If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) No one else listed. All you got is coyote.
Why did you choose that category?I've actively been focusing on art improvement since 2010.
Examples

the_wolf_with_the_red_roses_by_morianrhod-d9rlzdd.png - This was drawn in February for Rat of RPR.
pokimono__ukiyo_e_style_taro_riding_yuko__by_morianrhod-da16yrb.jpg- This was drawn in May for a DA group.
magic_mirror__rpr_epic_week_2016_entry_by_morianrhod-da77nx5.png This was drawn for RPR Epic Week Mascot Contest 2016.

Character Name: Goober
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Goober!
Species: Genetic Abberation (Mammal-like Reptile)
Personality: Quite Curious and catlike in playfulness. Goober has a few doglike characteristics, and with a greater frequency of making sounds and has human-like expressions, yet can not speak. He is an almost normal animal, personality-wise. Imagine a miniature Toothless, but more bitey.
Brief physical description of the character: A small crocodile-like cat the size of a fox with a large red crest and single layer of spikes. Goober has faint variegated markings on the body, comparable to a lion cub's mottled fur. Goober's fur is somewhat velvety, and quite short. Though Goober's fur is predominantly greenish fading towards a pale mint on the underbelly. The eyes are golden.
Suggested environments: Urban areas.
Anything else we need to know: Goober is inspired by the tales of 'Fearsome Critters', mythical beasts said to inhabit the frontier wilderness of North America in early lumberjack folklore.

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) Only Goober.
Did you read and understand the rules of the trade?Yes
Why did you choose that category? I draw fairly regularly and do most of the art for my OC's
Three examples of recent artwork you have completed:
Examples

gEsc3fll.jpg
Something one of my Characters 'drew' IC
xLbmRuy.jpg
A throne picture of one of my Characters
beOAB1g.jpg
Ayy pretty cool demon fire horse, right?

WIP
Character Name: Azazel Black
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials
Species: Desire Demon
Personality: Either playful and relaxed, or serious and stressed
Brief physical description of the character: Pale, green eyes, black hair, pear shaped body with long lefs, wears green
Suggested environments: In a courtyard garden for carefree, or some sort of war or throne room
Anything else we need to know: Her country is currently the largest power in an intense world war on my planet, and her country is 1600 Advancement at best

Character Name: (General) Canary
Species: Human (with a lot of robotic parts)
Personality: Hard and Harsh, Canary doesn't really have time to relax anymore, but then again she was never very fond of that in the first place.
Brief physical description of the character: Fairly muscled body, pale blue skin. long blue hair, Mechanical arm and Leg and Jaw, with different colored eyes
Suggested environments: on a battlefield or military cafeteria or doing excersise in a sort of Prometheus-Ship styled enviroment
Anything else we need to know: She is completely Anti-Nonhuman, and is leading the war against the character I mentioned above, and her country is superadvanced

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) Yes, but only if they are done in a meeting (midevil style room, Azazel would never go to Mitya) Or about to kill one another.
Did you read and understand the rules of the trade? Aye!
Why did you choose that category? I'd like to put my maximum effort into this trade!
Examples

Character Name: Lorena Ramirez
RPR - 2 NSFW art pieces
Species: Wendigo
Personality: Shy and soft spoken, a bit of a honey pot. Plays with others to get what she wants but is loyal to those she gets attached to.
Brief physical description of the character: Frail, slender, wears colorful wigs and clothing. Wendigo form is skin stretched over skeleton, long limbed and holds onto the hair she hides under wigs, which is a short pixie cut. Antlers, torn skin, generally horrifying. Up to the artist how it's expressed, there's no set appearance for it.
Suggested environments: She's a baker at a cafe, so if you want to do something with that you're welcome to. Otherwise, she's a bit of a homebody. Kitchens are her safe haven. If you want to go the creepy route and do wendigo form, you're welcome to that as well! Lives in New Versailles, which is set in a bayou but also a fairly big city, so her being creepy in an alley or swamp could be done. :)
Anything else we need to know: THIS IS MY BABY. Just kidding. I've got nothing else.

Character Name: Taullie
Her RPR - 1 NSFW piece of art
Species: Red Panda trickster spirit, sandman
Personality: Bubbly and playful, super flirty. Tries to channel the cute school girl anime stereotype, is self aware of this and does it on purpose.
Brief physical description of the character: Short and curvy, she doesn't even hit five foot in height. Bob hair cut, she always looks like she's on the edge of laughter, and generally hides her body shape in layers. body type reference
Suggested environments: Sleeping outdoors, cuddled in blanket pile, or just being a cute silly thing (but first, let me take a selfie). Really, just have fun with her.
Anything else we need to know: She wears circle lenses of bright colors to hide her animalistic gold eyes, and hair runs through the spectrum of pink and red, so any shade of that is fine!

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) If you want to, sure!
Did you read and understand the rules of the trade? Yeah
Dabbler or Devotee? Dabbler
Why did you choose that category? Because I am somewhat confident with my art skill.
Examples
Link or post your pictures between the brackets [This is my facebook profile with pics of my artwork XD: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100012538385504&sk=photos&collection_token=100012538385504%3A2305272732%3A69&set=a.129616960799583.1073741830.100012538385504&type=3 I have no other examples XD /collapse]

Character Name: Cam
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=46010&page=102481 (Artwork was found on Google images. I don't own any of it)
Personality: He is shy mainly. He dislikes people. He is gay. He is single and sees himself as dangerous.
Brief physical description of the character: Blonde hair, Blue eyes, Tall, lean and somewhat scrawny. He likes electricity because he is a technopath.
Suggested environments: He likes the outdoors but only in gloomy weather. So if you want to draw him in a cloudy area that would be nice.
Anything else we need to know: He's gay. He doesn't like to smile. When he does smile, it's awkward. I hope i did this right XD

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) Yeah
I screwed that up a bit. Just click "Examples" and it will show the rest
Did you read and understand the rules of the trade? yes
Dabbler or Devotee? devotee
Why did you choose that category? chose it last time

Examples
creep1_by_ghostiel-da4eyvp.png

simiel_by_ghostiel-da3c5fa.png

daxx2smol_by_ghostiel-d9j7qhe.png

Character Name: Yune
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/c/yune
Personality: Egotistical and disagreeable. Sad inside.
Brief physical description of the character: Dark brown hair (styled back or greasy) and grey eyes with some periorbital discolouration. Muscular but not bulky. Strong jaw, always clean-shaven. His right hand and wrist are usually bandaged or splinted. Note that he doesn't actually have this injury.
Suggested environments: No backgrounds please.
Anything else we need to know: You can draw him with black hands and/or black veins if you want (like in rpr picture). Please have fun with it.
Sanne Moderator

No dabblers this year? Come on guys! :D I'd love to see you all enter!

Why did you choose that category? I've been drawing on devotee level often, but I also joined the dabblers before and always loved the art I received. :D
Please link to three examples of recent artwork you have completed: I haven't been drawing much recently sooo my examples aren't all 'recent', but I can put out art of this level still! ;)

Examples
DiGMwTe.png
guQIWDv.png
0ARQDQU.png

Character Name: Pearl
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/c/bloomingpearl
Personality: Usually kind and a listener above a conversationalist. She enjoys social interactions in moderation but prefers to spend time with her animals at home. Enjoys reading and learning new things, but is hesitant to apply this knowledge in practice. She wants to do good but has difficulty making the right decisions, inadvertently making people angry with her.
Brief physical description of the character: Slightly taller than average with a pear shaped body. Brown hair, cut at chin length and naturally wavy. Her face is on the rounded side with almond shaped eyes. Pale complexion, green eyes with gold flecks. Wears comfortable dresses (as referenced on her page).
Suggested environments: Forest, around animals, in a medieval styled forest cabin.
Anything else we need to know: She's a knitting witch! She knits and weaves spells into her projects, which is absolutely fine to depict. :)

Character Name: QT Pi
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/c/qtpi
Species: Plushie Robot
Personality: Always kind and appreciative, sometimes a little sassy. Loves puns and kittens.
Brief physical description of the character: A knitted robot plushie in gray and green colors. Green bolts on the sides of his head, limbs have mismatched striping patterns, green buttons for eyes, large green heart in the center of his chest.
Suggested environments: Digital, being hugged by someone (your character maybe?)
Anything else we need to know: N/A

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) Nope!
Why did you choose that category? Only have mouse, not an artist
Examples
Link or post your pictures between the brackets Silly doodle of someone's OC
MWoKTzO.png

Winter Art Trade
1d316eec822bcfe40bcf9cd7c2041384.png

One of my FR dragons
nG6KuG1.png"]

Character Name: Merin
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/c/merin http://pastebin.com/xTgNcHvj <-- some additional info
Species: Dragon (often takes human form)
Personality: Upbeat, outgoing, kind
Brief physical description of the character:
> The Bard was tall and lean, with brassy hair and odd colored eyes. He was often garbed in silk or velvet and favored greens and golds. He almost always had his lute within reach, although on occasion this was traded out for a harp or a fiddle. He was charismatic, with an exceptional skill and passion for his chosen profession. He was rumored to be capable of charming down a stone wall and had a tendency to talk more than any five people combined ever should. Sometimes a glimpse of a large rather garish key shaped amulet could be seen, or at least, the glint of a thick gold chain. There was a strange energy about the man, who had been both Trickster and Hero, and there was something about him that was just a touch unearthly.

Suggested environments: Tavern common room,(human only) woodlands, meadow.)either form)
Anything else we need to know: Feel free to draw him as a human or dragon, which ever you prefer.

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) No, simply because they do not know each other, so that would be a bit strange.

Character Name: Hox
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/c/hox
Species: anthro civet (Otherworld Beast traits)
Personality: Calm, wise, serious, absent minded, a bit eccentric
Brief physical description of the character:
The Civet was fairly tall, a full 6'3 when flat footed, and prone to wearing boots that bought him about another inch or so. His frame was lean, but not quite to the point of looking lanky or underfed. Rather than the classic brown, grey and black shades more typical of his species, his fur was a pale cream, with dark burnt orange markings. His nose was brown, splotched with pink. His eyes were a vivid flame orange. His hair was an inky black, about shoulder length, but choppy and wild. Short bronze horns stuck up from the out of control shaggy mane. Less noticeable, as it was often covered by his clothing, were bronze colored scales on his abdomen, arms and legs. Typical attire consisted of baggy brown pants tucked into high cuffed boots, tunics or coats in browns or blues, and rarely was he ever without a deep midnight blue hooded cloak, that was a brilliant shade of gold on the inside.

Suggested environments: Library, woodland or mountain path
Anything else we need to know: He's a Wizard, if he'd draw doing any magical stuff, his magical energy tends to be golden/orange, or deep blues, or a mixture of the two. He almost always wears the cloak.

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) No, simply because they do not know each other, so that would be a bit strange.
Did you read and understand the rules of the trade? Yes~
Why did you choose that category? I am now a 'professional' art-artisan, a graduate, I think that says something xD But yes, been drawing all my life, I live for art all that jazz~
Examples

The usual 3~

Character Name: Christofer Markov
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Link
Species: Canid (can be a human)
Personality: Shy to strangers, open and kind to mostly all of the others. This boy wears a gentle smile on his face most of the time and will do his best to make you happy (although if you try hurting him or those near him he's going to get serious)
Brief physical description of the character: Feminine. Bodyshape somewhere between a pear and an hourglass. If a canid, very very fluffy tail. His eye colors vary depending on the lighting of the space
Suggested environments: Anything goes~ Really xD
Anything else we need to know: The picture is a bit small, but this is the base of his gun, a Mauser SR97 and again, the eye colors vary, if you want to go and try that one out. He loves sweets!!! Candy is the best thing he knows (Also there is the TGT page if you want to draw a different outfit on him but that is completelly optional (It's canid only though)

Character Name: Sergei Sila Volkov
Personality: Calm and collected, cold towards basically everyone. Doesn't exactly make friends easily and wears the same fasical expression almost 24/7
Brief physical description of the character: Not overly muscular but very fit nonetheless. Tall. Hazel eyes (brown on the borders and near the iris, green in the middle of those
Suggested environments: Mostly wintery spaces or military related
Anything else we need to know: The Dragunov is his preferred weapon. (also with some time there might probably be a TGT page for him too, giving you some alternate outfits to work with (Canid only))

Character Name: Dmitri Novikov
Personality: Rash and hasty when angered. Otherwice rather calm but has a sharp tongue and is not afraid to offend you with it.
Brief physical description of the character: Slim but healthy, an albino man with his left side eye blind from birth
Suggested environments: Anything goes, probably something military related, maybe a bone yard if you want to go that far xD
Anything else we need to know: He's a knife maniac. This man loves his sharp tools and carries a specific dagger/knife around with him everywhere. The blade is crimson and the part that separates it and the handle is shaped like a hawk (because of his surname)

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) Yes~ Absolutelly feel free to do that :2
Did you read and understand the rules of the trade? Yup!
Dabbler or Devotee?Devotee
Why did you choose that category?I am a professional working artist
Examples

Character Name: Sven Evans
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Sven's Profile
Personality: sweet, heroic, dumb
Brief physical description of the character: Buff viking looking dude with shoulder length blonde hair, bangs, green eyes, broken nose, russian garb, and a scar across his nose.
Suggested environments: out in a field, by a stream, on his horse, in a gym(joke)
Anything else we need to know: Sven is a dragon hunter...not sure if that is relevant. Sometimes he wears leather armor, but his look is period slavic inspired.
If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no)No other characters
Did you read and understand the rules of the trade? Yes indeed!
Why did you choose that category? I may not be the best artist, but I spend upwards of 4 hours a day drawing so I can't really call myself a dabbler anymore :3
Examples
zipps-a-silly-pink-thing.png
zipps-sleazy-princess.png
zipps-adoptable-satyr-pair-1.png

Character Name: Barton Free
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Scarred up jerk
Personality: A snarky bugger. The kind of guy who smirks at you from across the room but doesn't even want anything, he's just smirking for the sake of it. Has issues with authority, prefers to be on his own but doesn't mind company.
Brief physical description of the character: A thick chest and legs, a bit stocky but not really wide bodied in particular. A little bit shorter than average, but not actually SHORT either. Very pale and easily flushes in the cold or due to alcohol. He has a mop of dark auburn hair on his head that he hardly brushes, streaked with bits of grey even though he's a bit too young for that. He has numerous scars all over his body, but the ones on his face are the most important. He dresses simply in roughspun outdoor gear, and is quite hairy underneath it.
Suggested environments: Taverns, the woods around a campfire,
Anything else we need to know: The teeth behind his lip scar are badly chipped, so he always has a bit of a wonky smile.

Character Name: Selmy
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Click for the Blinker! His refsheet is at the bottom of page one.
Species: Minotaur
Personality: Nervous and shy and all around a terrified innocent baby bird.
Brief physical description of the character: Thin and weedy, bronzy skinned with hooves, horns, a long tassled tail and ears like a brahma bull. Soft short hair in a mossy green, with one big eye right in the middle of his silly little face.
Suggested environments: Anywhere you'd want to display a bizarre curiosity, or perhaps a harem of some sort though I'm sure the others wouldn't want to be too close... if you want him to be very excited you can put him outside, but he hasn't gotten that far yet really.
Anything else we need to know: Clothing is entirely up to you! I have very little preference at all when it comes to style or culture!

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) No thanks ;v; I don't think they even exist in the same universe...
Why did you choose that category? Graduated art school

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) None of these characters can be drawn together

Character Name: Nagi
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/c/thuglife
Species: Demon, resembles a manticore a bit
Personality: Napoleon complex, though he'll hide it. He seems all bubbly and adorbs, but will cut you if you cross him. Or his things. Or think about it. He might just want to cut you.
Brief physical description of the character: Petite, feminine build, tanned skin with reddish freckles, white blond hair, black eyes and a button nose. His full description is on his page as well as his reference art
Suggested environments: Anywhere really is fine. As a reaper, he goes where he wants.
Anything else we need to know: Nagi is a thug despite his stature, it should reflect in his posture.

Character Name: Krieja
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: (some nsfw art there) http://www.rprepository.com/c/krieja
Species: Humbite
Personality: Gruff, uninterested
Brief physical description of the character: Buff build, dark skin with swirling patterns over it that change color with mood. The pinky digit on his right hand is tentacle. His hair is purple, eyes are gold with black sclera. Full descriptions and reference art is on his page.
Suggested environments: Near/in water or on fancy bedding
Anything else we need to know: Krie's bio spots reflect his mood, depending on his depiction, they'd change colors. They can be picked like with a mood ring!

Character Name: Wren Nuovo
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/c/punkrockwitch
Species: Human, witch
Personality: Playful, teasing, coy
Brief physical description of the character: Tall and lanky, very thin. Punk rock clothes and messy eye make up are always a good choice and when he does magic, his eyes swirl like an oil spill. Full description and reference images on his page
Suggested environments: On the streets,
Anything else we need to know: Wren has a carving in his low back of a devil's trap which would be fun to depict if wanted. He's also a chain smoker and will likely have a cigarette in his hand/lips at all times if outside. Also, if depicted doing magic, his eyes change color to resemble an oil spill.

Character Name: Zvejzdan
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/c/zvjezdan
Species: Demon, nightmare
Personality: Curious, seems friendly, observant
Brief physical description of the character: It's form changes easily, however the normal is an androgynous, slender body which is colored like a gradient of twilight. Big, void eyes with shifting hair as if it was in water, freckles like starlight over its face and cloudy spots dot it's waistline. Full description is on the page with some reference images.
Suggested environments: In a dreamscape or a mist of colors like it was shaping something.
Anything else we need to know: Jez can change its body to male or female, it can be depicted as either or something in between.

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Midsummer Art Trade!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus