Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The IC Chat. Come One, Come All!

Arinbjorn (played by JayBird) Topic Starter

Arthur gaped slightly at the thought of someone being thirteen thousand years old, but he remembered the snippets of conversation that he'd caught the last time he saw one like the giant, and seemed to have gathered that they were a very long lived species.
Slowly, the Norseman set his silverware down, then repeated his bow, making sure that his fingers were open. Seating himself, he started eating, quickly but cleanly, before flicking his eyes up towards the giant. "My name is Arthur Step. it is not the name I was born with, but that is besides the point." Clearing his throat, Step looked around with accusing eyes, trying to find the culprit that applied Tabasco to his omelet. "Several days ago, I was in here having another meal when a man and I began having a discussion. The man's companion was the one who looked like you, though he was taller and heavier. He also seemed quite innocent, though not childish. The young man... Relan? Raven? I could not quite catch his name, but he spent his time speaking to a rather violent seeming woman."
He'd been trying to play it cool, not watch his intended target of his joke too closely for fear of giving himself away too early. But he was slightly disappointed by the lack of response. He should have added more Tabasco sauce.

And then the door opened to admit an angel. At least, Arien was pretty sure the goddess in the entrance was as close to an angel as anything else. He forgot entirely about the Tabasco sauce incident and rose to his feet, heading for the door. His blue cloak swept out behind him as he approached and offered a slight bow to the lady.

"May I help you find something?" he inquired. "A seat? A beverage? Or maybe a meal?"
The Man in Gold (played by Witness)

He leaned back in the chair and gave Arthur a very dissatisfied look, but not disappointed; almost as if he had been expecting the answer. He groaned in frustration.

"Relyn," he spit out, "Terisian scum. No member of my race would use such a ridiculous name, or at the very least, would not be telling it to people. I suppose the other man was short...regular sized, that is, for a human, and he had grey eyes? It doesn't really matter what you say, I already know that Jack's been around here. There is scarcely a thing which that man cannot do which I do not find out about one way or another."

He finished his eighth drink of the night and had another one brought to him immediately. He left the drink alone as he felt the surface of his helmet and stared into its eyes.

"It's not often that I get to see that gesture, and it's even rarer that I hear news of...others like me. I'm not angry with you, Step," despite the drinks and the outburst, he had caught the name, "but it's hard being the only one left."
Neva (played anonymously)

A sound hit her ears, eyes looking to Arien. It was asking Her something. She didn't respond immediately, she was deciphering his language in her head. "You think you can speak to me." she said unwavering, appalled that it would approach her and not cower in fear, or beg for it's life, then she remembered she looked like one of it's kind. She was studying him, he was attempting conversation... offering her things. "Your gesture is noted, but I decline it primitive." She stepped forward a little. Tilting her head as she did so, studying everything. she didn't step too much further away from him though, just keeping a short distance between the two of them.
Arien blinked at the woman, unsure of her rejection. Not that he took it personally. "Are you sure? Let me guess, you're looking for someone? Anyone in particular?" Of course if she was looking to get rid of him, she'd have to try a little harder.

Neva was eyeing the Jukebox, eyebrows contorting in confusion at it's structure. A little more forward she would go, hand reaching out to slide across the top of a table. She could hear the human speaking to her still, she took her time in answering, preferring to study this odd place before hand. "I'm looking for no one. I'm not even sure what this hut we occupy is supposed to be." People were gathered here, eating drinking, conversing. Some enjoying peoples company, others arguing. A watering hole, it looked like to her. She was still running a million thoughts through her head, now looking at the lights over head.
Arien sighed. She wasn't making it easy for him and he rather got the idea she wasn't interested. "Probably an inn with an adjoining tavern, is my likely guess. Well have a good day, miss." He wandered back to his bar stool and ordered another ale.

The fourth one would definitely start impairing his judgment.

A glance was given back to the human as he answered her. "An Inn." She repeated. She stood there silent for a moment. Listening to the sounds in the. She stepped back a moment, giving a large sigh. She was stuck here... They had stabbed her in the back and stranded her here. And there was nothing she could do about it. She held out a hand, in an attempt to use one of her powers... the tips of her fingers tingled but nothing happened. Her stern cold gaze returned to the Human, as she slowly slinked into a seat near him. Neva watched as he ordered a drink. "By what name do you call yourself." She asked him, she glanced down the bar, more people were ordering the Slave behind the counter to get them things. Another confusing thing.
Hope almost surfaced when she asked his name. "I'm Arien. Arien Chase. What's yours?" He'd noticed her trying to do something earlier by sticking her hand out. "What were you trying to do earlier?"

She thought for a moment on her name. shortening it's length tremendously. "Neva.." she responded monotonically. When he asked her what she was doing, she didn't respond immeaditly. she searched her shell's brain for the human terms for it. "I was attempting to slow time, get a better look at things. Things did not go as planned." Glancing down at her form again. "Nothing really is." She doubted he could understand the full implications of her situation. "What does the slave do?" she broke off asking about the bartender.
"Neva?" He frowned, figuring she was just giving him a fake name but not having anything to base that on. "Well, that slave is actually the bartender. He or she will get you a drink if you ask nicely. They'll throw you out of the bar if you ask not so nicely." He grimaced, obviously giving weight to that comment from personal experience.

"As far as slowing time..." he shook his head. "That's something my father-" another grimace "-would know more about. Is there something you wanted to know more about?"

Arien Unnerved her a bit, he was nice, and it was a genuine nice. He wasn't scared of her, and that sent the weight of the situation hitting deeper as the seconds went by. At the mention of drinks, she glanced to the bartender. "He is well in his duty." She off handedly commentened. Eyes shooting back to Arien. at the sound of his father being able to manipulate time, it impressed her slightly. Perhaps Ariens bloodline was more evolved than the typical primitive. He promoted him in her head slightly, from screeching primitive to primitive who had discovered fire. metaphorically speaking of course. "I'm aware of how to slow it... It just isn't working at this moment." She thought on his question. She knew nothing of this world, of course she had heard of earth and the humans before. Just as one would passingly know knowledge on certain subjects, There were other Tsvorians who had sutdied them immensly, she though was far too busy to concern herself with those things. She knew more of the ones that had came before the humans, all of them dead now. Less so on the current rulers of this backwoods planet. "Most of the primitives here share physical characteristics with you... I however am shaped differently. What does this denote?" It was funny how she thought of him as primitive, yet.. he was at this moment her well of knowledge, at least on humanity.
Arien blinked at her. She was unlike the usual women he interacted with; and there was something compelling about her. He liked her, though her occasional comments continued to throw him off balance. "Maybe you need a quieter space--it's kind of busy in here," he admitted.

"As for physical characteristics," he took a drink of his ale before finishing his train of thought. "I'm not sure what you mean. We're both human, if that helps. And, ah, I'm a guy while you're a girl...?" Right, hopefully she would ignore that flush of embarrassment on his face since he felt stupid going that far to point out differences between them, and then he hastily stammered: "So, where are you from?"

"Yes your world is quite cramped, Everyone screeches needlessly." She watched him speak to her, while he took a drink of his ale. She scoffed silently when he called her human. Though she was aware he had no clue that she wan't actually human. She was in control of a human body, so she held back from correcting him. "Female." She said.. while her people lacked genders, in their minds an evolutionary thing. She knew of races with genders, why it hadn't donned on her that the genders would look different was more of a misunderstanding. When he asked her where she was from, she looked away. "My home is.. was Svorn." She didn't elaborate, nor go into details. "It is far from here." She looked down not letting the shame she felt for being defeated by her lessers show on her face. "I am not sure how or when I got here, I awoke moments ago."
Arien could read between the lines; knowing that she didn't want to talk about her home and that something bad must have happened.

"This isn't exactly the best place to wake up at," he murmured. "I've been travelling for a while." He nodded over at a pack that he'd left by the door--far too heavy to steal--and shrugged. "Decided to swing by and haven't left yet. Not likely to either, since my company is improving. But I'm always ready to go at a moment's notice."

"How long have you had the ability to manipulate time?"

Neva looked up from the bowl of peanuts she had been studying. Listening to every word he spoke. "It's like finding oneself in a gutter." She decided to expand on his thought. She glanced over to his pack, then back to him again. "A vagabond." She responded. "Have your travels been treacherous?" She was curious about it, it had to be hard for primitives to get around. When he mentioned his company improving she responded "You attempt flattery." Before going silent again, letting him speak. "It was an ability I learned long ago. as a child. We had institutions that teach such things. Some of my other abilities are inborn. Plant life for instance, they sing quite beautifully. Their language complex. Not all of my people can hear their song though."
"I'm not a vagabond; I'm a traveller. A huntsmen and a tracker if I must be specific. The travels have been less treacherous of late, when I'm not being hounded by wolves." He huffed slightly and then eased up a bit.

"Plants sing?" he leaned forward slightly. "I've always thought there was something beautiful about an early spring morning with dew still on the ground..." It was true, even if it didn't happen all that frequently. He was a night owl, preferring to stay up late and get up late. Though he didn't mind the occasional early morning.

"So you've been trained then. I had to find my ability on my own; not an easy thing, I might add,when you weren't entirely sure what it was to begin with."
Shita Simuo (played by Luulu)

Shita enters the area, her green eyes wide with curiosity. Her hair, newely cut, bounced around tanned shoulders almost merrily, while the many glad bottles at her side clanked together. These sounds, alongside the multiple clinks and clanks of someone unuse to the light armor they wore made the young girl appear rather noisy.

She was curious though, about this place and the people in it. What new wonders would there be to behold? On her back was a simple sack, brown and dirtied with age, and her feet were bare. Shita preferred it that way.
Jensara (played by Kyra45)

The demoness headed in, still wearing a tattered dress. She went to the bar, where she fetched an odd drink composing of nothing but chocolate. Though her dress was torn, and fragile.

Neva watched him as he explained what he was. She raised a brow at the word wolves. And figured in her head it must be some sort of predator, His ability to survive being hunted by them was intriguing. Like a mouse outsmarting a cat.

"Yes, their choirs produce unimaginable ballads." Her eyes broke away from him for a moment as she glanced around her again. Though she was conversing her mind was also, always on her surroundings. Years of paranoia, and recently being betrayed had gotten the best of her. "Trained yes, getting a grasp on ones inner abilities is important." Eyes back to him now. "You are self trained." She said taking it to memory. "How did you come to find your ability?" He intrigued her, he was impressive, for a primitive anyway.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The IC Chat. Come One, Come All!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus