Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Silence and stillness (open)

Jensara (played by Kyra45) Topic Starter

Jenna continues to head forward, through the marsh of terror. The animals were still hiding in fear of something, not even budging as the group walks past. The marshes were also full of treasures, yet the ground was soggy and murky in some places.

Hunters usually dreaded going here, not just because of the slime frogs.

''Well, this marsh used to be called the marsh of hope until my husband took it over. It wasn't rare to see hunters cross it without much trouble, as back then slime frogs didn't overrun this place.'' Jenna inquired. ''Humans came here to hunt the rabbits and fish. They had fun here, they found hope here. They didn't come here to just waste time. They came here to enjoy it..'' She added, ''Then my husband came and gradually humans started to stay away until slime frogs infested the marsh.''
Sterling grunted as he picked his way through the marsh. "Was your husband always a werewolf? And did he pick this place on purpose to set up a pack?"

He wished he had seen The Marsh of Hope in its heyday. What would it be like without the slime frogs and the werewolves? Probably another marsh for him to just slog through. He shook his head. Keep optimistic, Sterling, he thought to himsef.

''He was born a Were. He made this place his packlands because everyone was here. That is, until he got here. Then everything fell apart.''
Sterling shook his head. "Was it the pack over-hunting humans?" He had seen it happening more often than not. Usually in rural areas, not so common in cities or towns.

''Perhaps. But now horror lives here. No humans come, and now toads have infested it. Plauged by silence and stillness..''
"What you need is a group of Hunters to come through and clean it up. Get rid of the frogs and the 'wolves and you'll be good to go again."

Not that it would be that easy. It would probably take years of constant vigilance to get the land to return to what it was before. But it could happen if someone devoted the time and energy to it. That someone not being Sterling. He didn't do slimy.

''The problem is that my husband has turned hunters against themselves.''
"You mean, he's turned Hunters into 'wolves?" Sterling asked.

''Yes, and he pins the to the ground and bites their necks.''
Sterling grimaced. Unfortunately such a thing was not uncommon. Most Hunters, however, preferred to take their lives than live on as the very creature they swore to destroy. But there were a significant number of Hunters who were not taking their duties significantly, and by doing so, were further endangering others.

"That has to stop." Sterling muttered. "And very soon. I shall have to talk with the Guild about that happening."
Hybrid Elder (played by Kyra45) Topic Starter

Soon the group, after traveling for weeks, made it to town. Dark,Jenna,and Silvers scattered.

Elder stayed with Sterling, just limping a bit. ''We made it..''
Sterling sighed in relief as they finally stumbled into town. "Oh thank god, I didn't think we'd ever make it."

He collapsed onto the nearest bench he could find. His arm had healed with only a slightly jagged scar showing from the wolf's bite. And he closed his eyes to turn his face up to the sky. "I'm gonna get drunk at the first bar I find. What about you, Elder?"

''I don't drink. I thought you were going to tell the guild about the Were?'' He hissed, wincing slightly from sore muscles. ''We still got to see if they kept to the promise of leaving Silenia alone.''
He waved his hand at Elder. "Right, right, I'll do that later. First, a drink." Really, he needed to get the stench of demon off him or there would be hell to pay at the Guild. But of course he wasn't even thinking coherently about the fact that alcohol would more than wipe off the scent of demon. More it was the thought that if he could forget about everything that had happened--then it didn't happen.

"You wanna meet up over at the Guild? I'll probably be there about, oh, closing time." He slowly, painfully, levered himself to his feet once more.

Elder sighed. ''Fine. But if I get killed by hunters..'' He sneered, broken claws pointed at Sterling. ''Your going too.'' He hissed, tired, as he dragged himself to somewhere hidden and stayed there as other hunters were walking around and commenting on a foul stench they smelled.
Sterling sighed, and then went after Elder. "C'mon, you need to come with me. If they find you wandering around I can't keep my story straight with eye-witnesses."

He grabbed Elder's arm, careful not to grab a blade by accident, and towed the mutant behind him to the nearest bar. "You really just need a drink, trust me, it'll solve all your problems."

Elder growled, getting towed away by Sterling, and stumbling a bit. ''You are aware I have a tail, right?'' He sneered, flinching. Grumpy Elder is grumpy. ''They wouldn't beleive you anyway, upon seeing me.''
Sterling snorted. "Please, if I tell them that you're in my custody, they'll let me get away with anything. And you nearly the same. At least have one drink. You need to loosen up."

He dragged Elder into the bar with him, selecting one of the lesser lit areas to put Elder so that his...uniqueness, wouldn't be quite so obvious. And then he hailed a server. "Two ales--no, mugs of mead," he ordered. "One's for you, Elder, drink it."

The server returned and put down the two mugs, a Sterling flipped her a coin and picked up his mug. "To a real bed for once."

Elder grumbles as he took his cup, his bladed tail close to his body. He hadn't had a drink of such ever, and one would dread the results of a bladed creature drinking..
If Sterling even considered the effects of alcohol on a man bristling with knives, he didn't show it. He drank his mead in three gulps and ordered another. Was he even tasting it? Probably not. He'd been serious about getting drunk.

"Whatcha think?" he asked, Elder, who seemed to be contemplating the drink rather than tasting it. "It's sweet-ish. Like honey. Fermented honey."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Silence and stillness (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus