Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Silence and stillness (open)

Hybrid Elder (played by Kyra45) Topic Starter

Elder holds his head, still hurting. ''What did I do to get get out here again?'' He groaned, wincing. ''So their still after me and Silenia, huh..'' He said, shaking his head a bit. ''When will they learn that the real danger is the Were that turns hunters and not me?''
"Hey, hey, I took care of it, alright? I put up a new post on the bulletin and took that one down." Though that didn't mean another one wouldn't be showing up.

"So, are you always so intrigued by shiny things? Or is it just a side-effect of being drunk?"

''It's a bad habit that I hate to show. I like shiny things, but I force myself to ignore them at all costs. I guess my drunk self doesn't hide it at all.''
Sterling chuckled. "Well, I suppose we all have our hangups; yours is mild enough. And probably not all that surprising given that-" he cut himself off before he could mention that needles and swords were often shiny. It was probably a protective instinct that Hybrid had.

''Given that what?'' Elder hissed, eyes narrowed darkly.
Sterling shrugged and didn't continue that line of thought. "It's probably best if we start packing our things now, before the innkeeper throws us out."

''Innkeeper?'' He asked, rubbing his head a bit. Night was falling fast, and a new poster detailed that a new Were had claimed the lives of hunters.
"Well, after the fiasco in the bar and then the guild mess, we'll be lucky not to be run out of town. Come on. I know at least one inn far enough away that no one would think to look for us there."

''Wheres it at?'' Elder asked meekly, then gets sick again.
"A few miles down this road," Sterling said, pausing for Hybrid. "Can you make it that far?"

''Urgh....I'm so siiick...'' He groaned, gagging once more. His face was green from getting ill. It seemed mead wasn't settling too fairly on his stomach, and he was starting to get a fever as his tail started to droop until its tip hit the ground with a clink.
"Aw man," Sterling muttered, his spirits sinking as Hybrid's tail hit the ground. "C'mon, we're not so far from the next nearest inn. You have to make it that far at least."

He grabbed Hybrid's tail so that it wouldn't clatter along the ground behind. "Just put one foot in front of the other, and we'll be there in no time."

Elder staggered forward weakly, stumbling several times and nearly tripping as well. His gaze wavered with each footstep, and his face still felt hot.
Sterling grabbed Hybrid's arm to steady him and somehow managed to get him the rest of the way to an inn. The innkeeper, miraculously enough, took one look at them and handed over a key. Obviously he didn't want them to linger too long on the floor.

Sterling swiped it with a promise to pay in the morning and then headed for the room, shuffling along with Hybrid.

"C'mon, man, we're almost there..."

Elder stumbled some more, but managed to stay standing tiredly as they headed to the room. He was starting to get weak, feeling drained until he collapsed in the room, asleep, with a thud and his blade scraping Sterlings side lightly.
He winced as the blade scraped his side, but he didn't stop until he had Hybrid on the bed. And then he collapsed on the second bed himself. With a pained sigh, he put his hand to where Hybrid's blade had scratched. It bled sluggishly, more like a razor burn than an actual gouge.

"G'night, Hybrid," he muttered, clapping his hand to his injured side and then closing his eyes as well. He was exhausted from half carrying the other man in addition to himself.

Elder fell fast asleep with ease, drooling lots and slobbering everywhere. His tail twitched in his skeep, and he thusly started to snore loudly and annoyingly.
Sterling didn't mind; he was sawing logs of his own, but if he twisted or rolled in his sleep, his own snores were interrupted by winces and grimaces.

By morning's dawn, there were a few pink spots on Sterling's bed, where it was obvious he'd lain with his injured side against the sheets. And even more obvious was the fact that he was grimacing in his early morning bleary-ness. He should have wrapped his side before going to sleep. Now he wasn't even sure he could get up. Let along hobble to the bathroom for a shower. Which was going to hurt a heck of a lot.

Elder was awake by morning, his bed soaked in drool and a few spots where his tail had sliced covers along with his head horns. He'd stir a bit before opening his eyes. He had a splitting headache from drinking, and a heart racing loudly as his muscles tensed up as his mind began to slowly reconize the room. His tail moved with a clunk, stuck deep in the wall and near wires.

He'd look at it and grunt, then eyed Sterling.

''You...Uuuh..Pink..''
Sterling pried his eyes open and sighed when he saw the covers around him. "Yeah. I know. Today is gonna be rough."

He didn't move for a moment, opting to stay unhurting for a little bit longer. "It's just flesh wound," he muttered to himself, plucking up his courage to sit up. And after a few minute's deliberation, he did. With a grimace and a few winces.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Silence and stillness (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus