Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Pokemon Sun/Moon?

TinyCentaur Topic Starter

Sanne wrote:
I came across an image album on Imgur about SuMo and this one stood out to me:

6U5NOSW.jpg

I legit do NOT understand why the devs didn't think to animate the player character's face to respond instead of always having the same static expression. :(

I agree with this a lot

And sometimes even in normal situations just

tumblr_ohkakumCO11ttdkobo2_400.gif

I feel like the player character is thinking about murder on a constant basis.
They could at least put a little animation where the player beams at Hau sweetly as he eats, and maybe laughs at him.
Nah, instead we get

O
)
O
Sanne Moderator

TiniestCentaur wrote:
I agree with this a lot

They could at least put a little animation where the player beams at Hau sweetly as he eats, and maybe laughs at him.
Nah, instead we get

O
)
O

Oh my god lmao.

That reminds me
h56UhK0.jpg
@Sanne: ...I-I never noticed that until now. I think the only time the main character's expression changes is at the start of the game when you first meet Lillie. XD (Or at least from what I've played so far.)

Edit: spoiler tags just in case~
The one thing that disappoints me about the character customization (as it pertains to males) is the lack of full-length pants. There's some 3/4 length pants, but this game really pushes the shorts on you.

I don't care how comfy and easy they are to wear, Youngster!

While my character is feminine, I do think the lack of masculine Clothes is really unfair compared to the feminine clothes.

What I also find very unfair is that Sun only gets warm colours, and Moon only gets cool colours.
Blue is my favourite colour yet I can't get anything blue in my game. It sucks.
I spose Pink will have to do. The yellow clothes could of been nice but the shading on them looks... weird.
TiniestCentaur wrote:
What I also find very unfair is that Sun only gets warm colours, and Moon only gets cool colours.
Blue is my favourite colour yet I can't get anything blue in my game. It sucks.
I spose Pink will have to do. The yellow clothes could of been nice but the shading on them looks... weird.

I believe you can get the other version's colours through the Festival Plaza, but so far I have not seen one. I think it has to be done through the recommendation feature in the Plaza.

I'm playing Moon, so I've tried to dress my character like a delinquent who would spend all of his time out at night.
Asroc

TiniestCentaur wrote:
Sanne wrote:

6U5NOSW.jpg

I legit do NOT understand why the devs didn't think to animate the player character's face to respond instead of always having the same static expression. :(

I agree with this a lot

Nah, instead we get

O
)
O

Hau. Run. RUN.

RUN!

Anyways.

I just hatched a batch of Littens. Would anyone want one?
TiniestCentaur wrote:
Sanne wrote:

6U5NOSW.jpg

I agree with this a lot

Nah, instead we get

O
)
O

I'm breathing so heavily right now. I'm dying at this. All my words ever. I love it oh my god.
I'm a murderer, in a children's game.
All of those rattata I slaughtered.

tumblr_ofpkfhx0sH1vfo2wio1_500.gif

More proof the trainer is a cold hearted murderer. Lmao.

"CRUSH THEM."
You BEAT ME TO IT! I was just about to make a thread. My starter was rowlet. Would be litten, but I dun like the final form. It may be dark type but it looks more like another fire/fighting...

Currently I'm trying to find a male jangm-o so I can name him Terrador, after the earth guardian dragon from Legend of Spyro. I've found nothing but females -_- Also, 5ish hours into the game I found a shiny alolan meowth! Named her Bluestar after the Warrior Cats character.

Love that meme lol, it's true. The one with the text emotes. And here's a conversation starter. We know Lillie and Gladion are siblings and their mother is the psychotic leader of the Aether Foundation, but who is their father? Could it be Guzma? It's said that Lusamine liked him for his strength/power/whatever. If it's not just a random guy, possibly also in the organization, Guzma seems the most likely. She could've just never told them or him and they look nothing like him so there's no way he'd figure it out if he's away running Team Skull. This would also make them twins, they look about the same age and if he was away, he wouldn't be able to go on a romantic romp with Lusamine. I'm thinking it was just a single one night stand that resulted in both of them. Idk. Random theory.
Sanne Moderator

@Dragoncat: Probably best to put that last paragraph in between spoiler tags for those who haven't had enough time to get to that point in the plot yet! ;)

To answer your question though: The dude from Pelago, Mohn, is their dad.
Well I assumed that since there was a spoiler warning on the first post then I wouldn't have to, but I did :)

Where is that said? The answer I mean.

Disappointing. Come on Game Freak, where's the intrigue? xD
Sanne Moderator

It's true there's a spoiler warning, but if a (new) member befriends us they will be shown the link to our posts, not the first post, and might not realize the topic can contain spoilers, so it's better safe than to be sorry! I also know of several folks (teens/kids and adults alike) who won't be getting the game until Christmas and they'll end up having the story spoiled for them, so spoiler tags are a pain free way of talking freely. :)

It's actually mentioned throughout the game, a scientist/professor named Mohn got sucked into an Ultra Wormhole while researching them, and this seems to match with what we know of Lusamine's husband. He's also got blond hair and blue eyes. It's also mentioned on Bulbapedia.
I chose Moon. Choosing a starter was trickier though as I wanted either a Litten because I liked Incineroar, but I also liked Popplio because I really really like Mermaids. I chose Popplio though because I thought I could wait enough to get a Litten later, but Marius really surprised me. I don't have a sixth pokemon just yet because I'm deciding to play through with new Alolan-only mons, and only those I immediately like, and I plan to transfer all my pokebank mons over to the game for the pokedex in due time. If I ever get a Rowlet, I have several potential names lined up for it, but a funny one that popped up just right this moment as I typed this was the name 'Beowlzebub'.

My team thus Far:

Marius, Brionne (Torrent, Careful, Somewhat of a Clown)
Jack, Alolan Raticate (Hustle, Impish, Often lost in thought)
Genji, Alolan Persian (Fur Coat, Naive, Good Endurance)
Fable, Lycanroc (Keen Eye, Bold, Good Endurance)
Jesse, Mudbray (Own Tempo, Naughty, Proud of its Power)
Stips Chilan (played by Ystips)

tbh i want pokemon Moon the legendary is awesome o and as for starter wise i choose Popplio so cute!i mean*coughs akwardly*MANLY!
Sanne:

I knew of him and the wormhole, but still...evidence is lacking either way, and the game never even mentions Lusamine's husband as far as I know. *sigh* I was quite fond of my theory. I thought Lusamine and Guzma had chemistry. And I loved the idea of an estranged family where the parents are both pretty much not right in the head and the kids they rejected(at least in Lusamine's case) decide not to fall into the same trap and be good people.

Maybe him disappearing was the reason she went psycho? I can see that...maybe she initially wanted the ultra beasts so she could get him back? Idk what happened to change her motive entirely though. It can't be her kids making off with the experiment pokemon. It's heavily implied they did that because she was turning nasty, something had to happen to trigger that...

I'll post my team and stuff later. Still working on that male jangmo-o. Found one, but fainted him. Tracked down the thunder wave TM to hopefully make it easier, but I have to find another first -_-

EDIT - Posting everything I have, not including the ones gotten from ingame trades. Oh and I have Sun.

Deadeye (M)
decidueye
brave
overgrow
spirit shackle, leaf blade, feather dance, sucker punch
Named after the ultimate skill for archers in Fire Emblem.

Bluestar (F)
alolan persian
hasty
fur coat
swift, power gem, faint attack, work up
While in Hau'oli at the beginning of the game, I found this girl and it didn't click she was shiny at first because it was night and I hadn't encountered a wild meowth yet. She's named after the leader of ThunderClan in the beginning of the Warrior Cats series.

Racket (F)
primeape
docile
anger point
payback, smack down, bulk up, brick break
I have a habit of naming female mankeys Racket. She has a clone here, in the team of my character for Pokemon United.

Fyrus (M)
magmar
lonely
flame body
fire punch, focus blast, confuse ray, psychic
Used the psychic TM on him because I actually don't have any psychic types yet...it works.

Scrape (F)
vikavolt
quirky
levitate
acrobatics, thunder wave, thunderbolt, x scissor

Triton (M)
seaking
modest
water veil
aqua ring, waterfall, smart strike, round
Round is kind of a placeholder until I find a better move to go there.

Chomp (M)
munchlax
rash
thick fat
tackle, metronome, hold back, happy hour
The mystery gift munchlax, I got him as early as possible but haven't used him yet.

Floof (F)
cottonee
timid
infiltrator
absorb, fairy wind, growth, leech seed

Tawny (F)
midday lycanroc
adamant
keen eye
tackle, stealth rock, swords dance, rock slide
I regret deleting bite, will give it back to her when I can and replace tackle.

Imp (M)
salandit
bashful
corrosion
flame burst, sweet scent, dragon rage, smog
I caught him before I knew that only female salandits can evolve. He's hanging out in the PC and Poke Pelago until I can find some use for him.

Icestorm (F)
snorunt
modest
ice body
icy wind, bite, ice fang, headbutt

Crusty (M)
crabrawler
rash
hyper cutter
rock smash, leer, pursuit, bubblebeam

Crush (M)
turtouga
impish
sturdy
rollout, bite, protect, aqua jet

Buzz (M)
cutiefly
naughty
honey gather
absorb, draining kiss, stun spore, silver wind

Electron
magnemite
lonely
magnet pull
thunder wave, metal sound, thundershock, mirror shot

Cerberus
10 % zygarde
serious
aura break
safeguard, extreme speed, bind, thousand waves

Cuke (M)
pyukumuku
quirky
innards out
taunt, safeguard, counter, purify
This guy was obtained via Poke Pelago. Hoping to get more useful pokemon from there in the future.

Rampage (M)
cranidos
rash
mold breaker
leer, focus energy, pursuit, take down

Tropical (F)
trumbeak
sassy
keen eye
pluck, roost, fury attack, brick break
Her name was Needle when she was a pikipek. There was this old cartoon called The Wild Thornberries about a girl who could talk to animals, her family traveled the world and did a nature show, and in one episode she gave needles to finches to help them get bugs out of logs. That's where the original name came from. Changed it when she evolved. I do plan on evolving her fully eventually.

Sandwire (F)
alolan graveler
rash
sturdy
rock blast, thunder punch, brutal swing, rock polish
Her original name was Blackgrit, but I thought Sandwire sounded better so I changed it.

Clyde (M)
mudsdale
naive
own tempo
stomp, iron defense, heavy slam, double kick

Shredder (M)
aerodactyl
quiet
rock head
roar, aerial ace, rock tomb, crunch

I have this weird habit of not catching a whole lot so yeah, this is really all I have.
Oh my, didn't notice this before! I got Sun and went with Litten! I thought my bro was getting Rowlet, but he thought I got rowlet instead, so I've got a Kitty-tag team :P My team is:

Incineroar - Rowrf
Incineroar - Sir Meowow
Pyukumuku - Pyu-Ku-Ku
Vikavolt - Gruubr
Mimikyu - Kyu-Kyu
Araquanid - Bubbles

Araquanid is dangerously powerful. Sweeped nearly everything.

Is anyone aware of the second Cosmog? If not, you need to complete the Ultra Beast storyline, take your respective legendary (Lunala or Solgaleo) to their respective Altar and journey through the portal to the Altar of (other game), and Cosmog! Correct me if I'm wrong though. Brother told me, since I'm not finished the Ultra Beast story ^^;
So your brother gave you his starter, Sin Dragon? That's wierd...why didn't he keep him? I assume both incineroars are male?

Yes, I am aware of the second cosmog. Serebii has it on there and I found out when doing some research.

Finally! After almost a whole day of trying, I have my male jangmo-o! He's evolved now, but not fully. Don't remember the names of the evolutions off the top of my head. I named my solgaleo Nebby xD
The big pundle of plot that happened (and I actually take blame for it, I took a break after the mass of plot that happened first, went to breed stuff and then come back to a thing xD Yeah, Sorry Hau, I kinda lost focus and I guess we lost a thing on the meanwhile), Hau is kinda redeemed. He's still not the best character, but at times you appreciate the silly person that he is. Yeah. You shove those malasadas down the throats of your enemies. I hope they're bitter-sweet flavour

Either way, came to share this, not my art, but I find it cool. Hau fits this, he does.
Possibly slightly spoilerish? Though it's just a thing that he keeps stating over and over and this is some fanart of that, so... Not too big of a spoiler?
Dragoncat wrote:
So your brother gave you his starter, Sin Dragon? That's wierd...why didn't he keep him? I assume both incineroars are male?

Yeah, but that's cause he decided not to take it up :P Plus Kitty Cat tag team! And yeah, they're both male.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Pokemon Sun/Moon?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus