Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Red Cloud of Violence (OPEN)

Derek Strasse (played by Doctor_Dredd) Topic Starter

Derek just shook his head. "No, it's fine. A few articles won't take but a few dollars anyway. I have a job, anyway. I'm... Ugh... I'm a riot weapons tester.. But I test the effectiveness of weapons, not comfort or firing..." He was actually a little embarrassed by the fact, due to his masochism. He cleared his throat. "So then, just take what you like and what fits, the others I'll go ahead and sell to a pawn shop." His job actually paid rather well, a thousand a week! (which was actually to prevent lawsuit!)
"Are you sure? I mean I don't want to impose on you." Unlike most women of Kuro's age, she wasn't eyeing the clothing since she was more focused on keeping herself alive. She only had a dagger and pocket knife, that held protection, but not from a bullet in the chest or thoart. She didn't want to be rude and take from him more than she already did.

Derek smiled. "Go ahead, i'm sure. Just get enough to last you a little while and we can buy you more clothing after you're here for a bit. So, uh, this "Master" you mentioned.. What's the story there?"
"My master, is better known as the guy who made me, and I don't mean like my father. I ran away from him when I was 13 and he's been hunting me ever since then. I beleve he still thinks I'm in America or Canada." Kuro hated her master more than anyone, for the reason he made her who she was. He forced her to kill people of all kinds for what he called his strenght tests but she could tell it was some sick, twisted fun of his to watch her suffer like that. "He's a cruel and ruthless person, he won't stop at anything to get what he wants."

Derek scowled. "I could kill him if he ever traces you to here.. Or die trying. I may be a little ruthless myself, but forcing someone to do something that tortures them is just... Sadistic."
Kuro nodded. "Yeah it is, but he never does his own dirty work. He's been sending his failed experiments after me, all which have failed to return." She looked down remembering that whatever she did, she had to kill someone, weather they were hunting her or not.

Derek put a hand on Kuro's shoulder, bringing her close in a hug. It seemed a little awkward at the time, but he could tell she needed it. "It isn't your fault." He said. "You were used. Like a tool... And there was nothing you could do about it, Kuro. Now all you have to do is get revenge.. He's a wealthy guy, right? We can nail him financially. I know people who can ruin him."
Kuro was caught off graud by the hug, she wasn;t use to any signs of affection since she left her master, and those were from her brother. "You don't have to help. This is my promlbe, no yours. I don't want to be anymore of a bruden than I already have been to you." Kuro never liked troubling people if she could help, it was the reason why she lived in the woods during the four years she's been on the run; always waiting for what the next day would bring for her.

Derek sighed. "I want to help, but if you don't want any I won't. Still, i'm here should you ever need me. Well.. I'm going to bed. You can too if you like. There's food in the fridge, get anything you like, just don't clean me out." He said with a chuckle. [It's 1:56 here, XD Night]
[It's 1:54 over here. XD Night.]

Kuro nodded. "Alright, no promises." She joked as she pulled out of his hug. "I'm gonna to do the same, it's been a pretty busy night." She waited till he left to change clothes into something more comfortable for sleep. She had been stuck sleeping in T-shirts and jeans on cold ground which was not comfortable at all.

Derek awoke very early the next morning, as usual. Five-thirty, on the dot. He lay in the bed for a long moment, felt like an hour, before he slipped out of bed and went into the bathroom (his room had it's own master bathroom, thankfully) to shower. Once clean he dried off and got dressed, wearing something similar to what he had the day before. There was a reason for that, actually, but that's a different story. He'd quietly sneak down the hall as not to wake his guest, and once in the livingroom, pick up a piece of paper and take out a pen. "Gone to sell the other clothes and work. Be back around 3:30." He left the note on the coffee table and picked up the plastic bin that he'd lazily left out on the floor last night, and opened the door, shutting and locking it behind him (of course there were locks on the inside). He'd then go to his favorite car, never went anywhere without it. Literally, he always took boats just so that he could take his car with him when he went to other countries! It was a red Corvette, dark red. He opened the trunk and put the bin inside before closing it and starting the car up, pulling out of the parking space to speed off to do what he needed to do.
Kuro woke up only a few hours after Derek left. She changed out of the baggy clothes she choose to sleep in. She combed her hair with her fingers the best she could but it was long but not knotty. She walked into the living room and found Derek's note and read it. Alright, I'm on my own for awhile. She though as she looked threw a few cabnets to make some tea. She finished making a glass of tea, and fixed her something small to eat. She wasn't a great cook but she at least knew the basics and for her that was good enough.

Derek returned a while later, at 3:30 like he'd said. He brought the empty bin into the house with him, and seemed to be limping slightly with a few more bruises. "I hate my job for what I do, love it for the pay." He said with a chuckle to Kuro as he put away the plastic tub into the closet again. He then sat down on the couch, turning the TV on if it wasn't already. "I hope I didn't leave you to be bored all day." He said with a sigh of relief now that he was off he feet.
"I was fine being here alone." She said as she was setting down a book she found in the guest room. "I found a few books in the guest room and though you wouldn't mind if I read them." There was two other books on the coffee tables not far from the book she was reading a moment ago. "I already finished one of them and working on the other one." Kuro always loved reading and learning as much as she could.

Derek nodded. "I'm glad. This is strange, but we'll get used to it... Sure beats sleeping on the ground or on a cold floor, right?"
"Yeah, that's for sure. I can't remember the last time I staied in a house even though it's probly been only four years." Kuro let a small sigh that her memory was letting go of the simplest things in her past. The last time she staied in a house when she ran into one of her friends from when she was in Russia. It was short visite though.

"So, what's your story? You're special in some way, otherwise you wouldn't have been brave enough to step in front of me when I almost killed those police."
"I'm half human half animal. My master made me, my brother, his wife, and him go to different countries and kill the strongest man they could offer. I only did it because I was young and he threaten to kill my brother instead of who I had to fight. I left when my bother turned eighteen so that he could leave his father behind and wouldn't be in harms way." Throughout her whole story, Kuro wasn't looking at Derek, she didn't want to see what emotions would show in his eyes.

Derek's face softened a bit, but he tried not to show too much emotion. "Ah.. So, what animals? I'm guessing like.. Wolves, bears, dangerous ones like that?" He asked, propping his feet on the tabletop.
"Wovles, tigers, and other animals. I can't remember them all." Kuro looked up at him, she had a hard time remembering all the animal genes on in her bloodstrem. "Too many, how about that?" She let out a small laugh.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Red Cloud of Violence (OPEN)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus