Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Eris RP discussion

I can try doing a short reply tomorrow?
Sure
*Resist the urge to post*
I mean, might as well post?
I would but one of my character is stuck with Spider
I just learned our years ago quantum conundrum bull-talk intimidated what is now a good friend of mine from joining all that time ago. I blame Robinn whole heartedly or however you spell that! HaRummf!!

Will find time to read and write here later today, nice to see y'all after the holiday madness.
Your other character was asked a question by coke's tho right?

And aaaw, that's a shame ^^'
Yeah I could reply with that if you want to
I mean I can talk about Physics stuff .....like Laplace's Function.
One google search later, and I am noping out of a wikipedia article with too many funky letters.

Edit: My goodness it's been so long I've forgotten which way is up. If Silencia wants to keep to his/her/zer shtick, I guess I'll post.

We're going to need Sp8s as soon as they see this. I have the urge to arrive at this hideout we're going to, but don't want to describe it without getting some idea from them. I'll conjure a seedy underground cesspit linking to a similarly luxurious hideout Silent has. With plenty of edgy decor and a few Alice references of course.
Oh no no. That's Laplace's Equation. This is Laplace's Function

"We may regard the present state of the universe as the effect of its past and the cause of its future. An intellect which at a certain moment would know all forces that set nature in motion, and all positions of all items of which nature is composed, if this intellect were also vast enough to submit these data to analysis, it would embrace in a single formula the movements of the greatest bodies of the universe and those of the tiniest atom; for such an intellect nothing would be uncertain and the future just like the past would be present before its eyes.
— Pierre Simon Laplace, A Philosophical Essay on Probabilities"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laplace%27s_demon
Hey guys, I’m thinking about starting a dystopian future rp. One where the country is divided by the two ruling political parties into two separate states with competing ideologies. They are also separated both physically and metaphorically by a large wall. Each side is a symbolic representation of the extremes of both parties and the effects they’ed have on individual societies should these extremists beliefs take hold.

Any ideas on how to improve this or know anyone that might be interested?
First determine the extremes, then work up from the extremes like what they do, what organizations there are. Then work on what part of the city they hold and what happened to those parts of the city from their regulations of extremes. Then perhaps maybe there's a center place where they have fights, arguments, conference, etc for both of the parties.
Laplace is just a godmodder who wants to predict the future with infinite computational power. What a dork.

I have no idea what else to say to that. Reminds me of Elder Gods and or all Love Craft monsters and jazz like that. (A computer or being that could compute the future and all that).
That’s great advice robinn...though I noticed you said city. That’s the only real flaw I could find...it’s minor and inconsequential though.
Well unless you want to create a free-roam scenario, it's best to shift the rp down to a city size you know? My RP group shift to free-roam because all parts of the world are walkable and there's a lot of stuff to do...
Sounds like you have half a setting idea nailed down so far, Jack. I agree with Robinny-The-Linguini, flesh out some more major ideas. What are the extremes exactly? Are you going to be setting up a space for satirizing western politics and how crazy it is today? Like have the extreme Radical Left and extreme Radical Right be the views here? Or will you focus more on crazy fictional cyberpunk political topics like the production of artificial human organs solely for replacement, or how far can someone be augmented to still be recognized as Human and granted Human Rights as opposed to being one of the automatons who carry out menial labor across the city country.

Aside from the subject matter and setting, what exactly will the players be doing? Will this be a "debate" style roleplay where they act out what their character's would argue? Or is this all a backdrop for a cyberpunk adventure scenario starring these characters with extreme opposing views to fight back against the corporations obviously stoking these rivalries to distract the public from realizing their slaves under a tyrannical elite!!!

Uh. Got a little carried with that last sentence. Did that help? Also stop being so rude~ you should make a General Disucssion Thread to discuss this idea and then link it to us to discuss rather than discuss here on Bullet Fuse by Sp8s.
Sorry coke, writing a thread would take forever and it’s kind of late.

And honestly, this rp is meant to satirize current western politics which I feel by this point has become absolutely absurd on both sides of the argument.
The story concept centers around a small group of like minded individuals finding common ground and starting a cultural revolution(and a literal one). Which topples these extremist ideals in favor of a more neutral version of society where ideals are freely expressed and properly conversed.
I’ll probably make a thread as soon as I’m
Not feeling lazy.
My first reaction was that this would be a satirical play on the craziness going on, but I didn't want to make a fool of myself if it wasn't that serious. Well. Cool! I really think that's going to fail super hard given it's politics, but I hope it doesn't. Thinking on it more and more, I just can't help but feel like I don't know enough to say much more. I definitely want to hear your full thoughts in a thread if you make it.

I can just imagine your rp being shut down if people start IRL bickering as an ironic result when the main idea is of it is that free speech should be treasured above following ideologies.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Eris RP discussion

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus