Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Kritarchy of Dei Iuris Discussion. (Closed)

KhaeosMage wrote:
Questiooon
Is there anything specific Ramez sells or is it pretty much anything he can get his hands on? Just so I know why exactly Umran is wandering around the marketplace
P much anything he can get at this point, so feel free to conjure up any sort of knick knack you think would catch Umrans attention.
Following your lead Gamers.

Inb4 Ramez has the necronomicon which was mistaken for a twisted cook book.
TheTwilightWarrior

Bit rushed, but whatever, I gotta go soon.
Loren Topic Starter

Awesome! Quick thing, though - they weren't within the marketplace just yet.

By the way, about the language: even though it's claimed by the Clerks that the Kritarchy exists since the dawn of time, the dialect spoken by its people is rather similar, if with some differences, to that of neighbouring realms. Elazan, having made his way through them, is somewhat familiar with it, and I presume the same could apply to Ilyse? About the lingua franca, such as it is, that'd only be spoken by the elusive Dune Raiders, from prowling the realm's borders and interacting with wanderers and travellers, and some of the merchants, with the commonfolk not really familiar with it.

About the status of women, since Gamers asked me, it's not quite as bad as one might think. (It's still bad, though, considering the setting.) Slaves are treated badly, but they're treated badly independently of gender, and the same applies to the poor. Women are allowed to run their own businesses, and a few of the heads of the Thieves Union are women. Justiciars and necromancers - but not city guards and most certainly not Justices and Clerks- can also be female.

About the dune raiders: they're not the mercenaries. Instead, the latter serve as intermediaries between the merchants and them. They're elusive desertmen who live off raids against nearby cities and who have not been completely tamed even by the Kritarchy.

(Also, there were probably not that many mercenaries guarding the cart. :P Maybe a little more than half a dozen?)
So should we simply move the accosted cart to the city's entrance (next to Elezan & Clerks) instead of the market place? Does the entrance at least have some stands lining the road?

I'll wait till morning once more, but my post is written at this point.
I'll take nap before I work on a post tho I might actually sleep through the night and work on a reply in the morn tbh
TheTwilightWarrior

Loren wrote:
Awesome! Quick thing, though - they weren't within the marketplace just yet.

By the way, about the language: even though it's claimed by the Clerks that the Kritarchy exists since the dawn of time, the dialect spoken by its people is rather similar, if with some differences, to that of neighbouring realms. Elazan, having made his way through them, is somewhat familiar with it, and I presume the same could apply to Ilyse? About the lingua franca, such as it is, that'd only be spoken by the elusive Dune Raiders, from prowling the realm's borders and interacting with wanderers and travellers, and some of the merchants, with the commonfolk not really familiar with it.

About the status of women, since Gamers asked me, it's not quite as bad as one might think. (It's still bad, though, considering the setting.) Slaves are treated badly, but they're treated badly independently of gender, and the same applies to the poor. Women are allowed to run their own businesses, and a few of the heads of the Thieves Union are women. Justiciars and necromancers - but not city guards and most certainly not Justices and Clerks- can also be female.

About the dune raiders: they're not the mercenaries. Instead, the latter serve as intermediaries between the merchants and them. They're elusive desertmen who live off raids against nearby cities and who have not been completely tamed even by the Kritarchy.

(Also, there were probably not that many mercenaries guarding the cart. :P Maybe a little more than half a dozen?)

Next time, you should probably provide a bit more context. Unless I'm missing a few sources here? I should've written Slavemongers as opposed to Dune Raiders, yes?
TheTwilightWarrior

coke_monster wrote:
So should we simply move the accosted cart to the city's entrance (next to Elezan & Clerks) instead of the market place? Does the entrance at least have some stands lining the road?

I'll wait till morning once more, but my post is written at this point.

I like that idea though. Let's do it.
Loren Topic Starter

JohnAtArms wrote:
Next time, you should probably provide a bit more context. Unless I'm missing a few sources here? I should've written Slavemongers as opposed to Dune Raiders, yes?
No no, the post itself is fine. I was just throwing in more ideas since this might come into play later, but in your post you mention the dune raiders first and then the mercenaries afterwards, which is correct.

About the accosted art being in the entrance, that's where it is, right? It's heading for the market, and is crossing the street in which Elazan is in the middle of. (The street itself leads to the entrance fo the city and, from another direction, to the market.)

It does have guards. (And a sand clerk.)
Goooot it. Im guessing a market stand wouldnt be nearby then, so I'll be making adjustments. I think we assumed time had passed a bit to allow the cart to pass Elazan and the 3 stooges into a market place that was closer than first imagined.

I dont think your post, Khae, will impact mine if you will be interacting with Ramez so deep into the market so go ahead whenever you're ready.
I think it was my post that made the mistake. I meant that the cart was heading in the direction of the market, not that it was already there, along with everyone else. Sorry about that!
That's as good as I can get it sadly.

What are the Dei Iuris people called? Iurisians? Deins?
Loren Topic Starter

It's good! And probably Iurisians, I suppose.
Lmao I have a stupidly funny post in mind. I'mma PM Khaos.
Oh boi.
evil-laugh.gif
Loren Topic Starter

A'right, I'll go start working on my post now.
Table has made their rounds. Let the fireballs fly.
I'll wait on Lorens post to post. I shouldn't go out of turn anyway lol
Loren Topic Starter

I've been slightly busy all day and am getting a bit distracted by family and other non-roleplay matters so I don't know if I'll finish this post today. We'll see.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Kritarchy of Dei Iuris Discussion. (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus