Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Kritarchy of Dei Iuris Discussion. (Closed)

TheTwilightWarrior

Loren wrote:
Alright, so I've been a bit busy today but I started the post - I'll finish it tomorrow.

All good, bruv.
Loren wrote:
Alright, so I've been a bit busy today but I started the post - I'll finish it tomorrow.

Edit: coke_monster: How about:
"Ah, you foolish mongrel. I can see the vultures circling above you as we speak."
"Brace yourself, foreigner. You'll make a lovely corpse for the scarabs to devour."

Edit: Ohhh wait I just remembered. Totally misinterpreted what that was for first pass through. Yeah, I meant more like words to mean such things, but those phrases are likely to be used with some alterations, definitely.
Loren Topic Starter

Ah, I see. No idea, but I'll try to come up with a few!
Also finally finished my post. I really dug deep into the magibabble with this one. For the record, the reason why Elazan is able to detect the anomaly with his thaumaturgical sense is because of Ilyse's spell, being kind of clerical, would probably "announce" itself, if you will, more loudly and proudly than wizardly spells, and because she's not trained in their concealment. (There's another reason for him having felt it so strongly - Edlin's own active abilities.)

I also wasn't sure how to end this post so the ending was kind of meh. I'll probably polish it a bit tomorrow when it's not 2 am. :P
Loren wrote:
Ah, I see. No idea, but I'll try to come up with a few!
Also finally finished my post. I really dug deep into the magibabble with this one. For the record, the reason why Elazan is able to detect the anomaly with his thaumaturgical sense is because of Ilyse's spell, being kind of clerical, would probably "announce" itself, if you will, more loudly and proudly than wizardly spells, and because she's not trained in their concealment. (There's another reason for him having felt it so strongly - Edlin's own active abilities.)

I also wasn't sure how to end this post so the ending was kind of meh. I'll probably polish it a bit tomorrow when it's not 2 am. :P

Yeah, Ilyse's training basically went: "You are now Oath-Sworn. Pick your patron. Okay cool, this is how you cast this. Awesome, lets go blind some people." They had their own designated mage, so Ilyse actually acted as a swordswoman/fighter. Detect away my friend! Your wizard would probably know more about her magic than she does,
to be honest (save how to learn it)
I am back from camping, so I'll be able to post here soon.
Loren Topic Starter

How was camping? O:
Ooh, fun. Hope that went well!

The merchant's about to have a bunch of new customers, which sounds deceptively positive. What are you planning on using to prompt him to help and/or join the rest of the characters on their quest?
Camping was fun!! I wish I could've stayed longer but my friend I went with could only get a couple days off work. And my car is in the shop until tomorrow.

And! As for Ramez, his life is getting worse and worse as a merchant in the city. With his latest scheme failing because of the Thieves Union, he is wide eyed for another opportunity at a better life. He will take the new customers~ as a sign of a new direction in life.

Edit: Aaand posted :>
Woot woot. One step closer. I'll be done with my work in 2ish hours, so I'll be replying to my RPs then.
Hrm, question for ya, Lore. If Dei Luris has a different language than the common tongue, how will the group communicate with one another if half of them are foreigners? With Ilyse coming into the stall, I'm writing it assuming she is not understanding what the other two are saying. I'll edit it to change that if it turns out to be different.
Loren Topic Starter

Well, the language of the Kritarchy has the same roots as the languages of the nearby kingdoms, so I suppose Ilyse could recognize at least a few phrases or something. I really don't know Edlin would be able to understand anything, though. (But the resulting conflict/misunderstanding is part of the fun. >:D) Also Ishmael, the merchant (I guess he'd know common?) and Elazan (although he's only got some amount of familiarity with the language) could help translate.

Edit: Also nice callback ;)
TheTwilightWarrior

Poor poor Edlin :< like a tiny little goldfish in a new aquarium.
JohnAtArms wrote:

When we get him some proper armor and weapons he'll likely be more like a goldfish with nuke :D Or at least it seems so
TheTwilightWarrior

Gamers wrote:
JohnAtArms wrote:

When we get him some proper armor and weapons he'll likely be more like a goldfish with nuke :D Or at least it seems so

Heeeell yeah! Although, I reckon he'd be pretty adamant in getting his sword back; that thing was an heirloom and he ain't giving it up just yet ;)
Loren Topic Starter

Oh, we'll run into those slavers again, worry not.
Lore dishen' out that lore. Is that shortening of a two syllable word intentional?

Being designated translator is going to be extra for anyone not Ilyse, but that's going to be fun. I have an idea for Edlin's eventual disguise, so someone remind me when that comes up.

Khae, you can go ahead and reply to Ramez before me as I might not get done for a while.
It was definitely intentional. I saved five whole nanoseconds!

Also, there is about a 90% probability that Ilyse runs out of funds to pay him with, just throwing that out there.
If Ishmael's the one to solve that instead of Ramez or another patron, that bill of hers is just going to keep racking up.
I will... tryy to make a post.
Also I'm probably overthinking this but what would a fair price be to get back a possibly stolen but very valuable magic book
KhaeosMage wrote:
I will... tryy to make a post.
Also I'm probably overthinking this but what would a fair price be to get back a possibly stolen but very valuable magic book

With a merchant accustomed to haggling, more than it's worth :P

I don't think the stolen part factors in much, especially if the merchant really did buy it from someone else, making it his until sold or stolen again. So the main words there are 'very valuable'.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Kritarchy of Dei Iuris Discussion. (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus