Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Across the Sea [closed]

Rufus needed but a furious meaningful glance from Calico Jack to know exactly how much Taff had just messed up.

He seized the skinny servant knocking him behind the knees to watch Taff collapse to his feet, swiftly shackling his left arm backwards by the wrist, attaching it to the boat bench, well prepared for transportation of slaves, to keep it from interfering.

Then he placed a gag around Taff's mouth to gag the screams that would soon be pouring out of his mouth.

Once the servant was securely gagged and tied, Rufus firmly grabbed Taff's right arm and tugged the sleeve back to expose the right wrist and hand, extending it over the solid wood of the edge of the boat, taking up the cutlass to severe the culprit's hand at the slightest signal of Calico

"No slave dares raise a voice never mind a hand to strike captain in my presence.." informed in a dry disgust

"Look, I'm sorry, alright... I.. I didn't mean to... I...I just.." stammered Taff clearly alarmed and worried, staring wide eyed at the sharp blade

"I am sorry, it won't happen again it was done on the spur of the moment... a moment of madness... please have me flogged but spare my arms I need them to work... have some mercy... " pleaded Taff mumbling as he was gagged, clearly Rufus not caring for reasons or explanation
Ryiah Sendara Bet'Lu (played by BreezyDawn) Topic Starter

Ryiah subcontiously pulled her cloak tighter with a narrowed glance at Calico as the pirate openly eyed her sopping wet form, shifting slightly on her seat in the boat as they cast off for the Island. She smiled gratefully at Kendra's offer, but declined, wanting the woman to keep her cloak. Beside she already had one, which apparently needed adjusting.

The next events, with Taff up and smacking Calico Jack caught her completely off guard, rocking their small boat somewhat. Eyes wide she watched speechless as Rufus stuffed a gag in Taff's mouth and threatened to cut off his hand. She rose as he did this, orange amber hues now blazing a bit in indignation.

"Calico Jack stop this nonesense at once." She glared at the pirate, "Taff was merely protecting my honor from your rakish gaze. If you insist on his wearing a gag and being punished in other ways as well then I shall have to call in my bets and order you, as my slave, to have the same treatment." She lifted her chin, gazing at him, "so do you wish to wear a gag for the remainder of the trip to the Island?" An eyebrow went up as she waited for his response.
Kendra 'Snake' Hornsby (played anonymously)

Kendra shuffled a chuckle. It would be wonderful to watch Ryiah order around this captian, forcing him to be merciful to the little manservant. "Careful captian, I think she's serious." She said with a smirk. She would glance at Taff with a look of pityif anything before shrugging. She wouldn't allow it in her ship so she didn't blame Calico's behaviour.

She did enjoy that Ryiah was becoming more a custom to how to deal with these men. She seemed to be a natural and Kendra regarded her strength. She chuckled as she watched the interactions between the two, this was better than any show she could see.
Calico raised an eyebrow at Ryiah with a baffled expression

"This slave has struck his master, worst possible ever deed, unthinkable in fact, a master who happens to be a lord of the realm and the ship's captain too, to worsen the matter... Never mind maiming him removing the guilty limb... most slaves don't breathe a minute longer for as little as questioning orders, never mind outright rebellion and assault.

"Its unforgivable at all levels. You can't expect me to simply brush this serious crime aside and show undue mercy without a good cause..." frowned Calico

Besides you already burnt me out with tar and soaked me in water for no apparent reason...what on earth can you possibly hold against me this time, mistress?" Quizzed Calico

When Calico Jack mentioned himself as being "lord of the realm" Ryiah raised an eyebrow, a hand going to her hip. Standing squared off with the pirate, the boat all but stopped, rain sheeting down, she tried to think about the matter from all side. It was an blasted infernal situation. Annoyance flashed across her features, because, in a way, he was right. One had to be able to count in obedience from those under their command. Yet, did he truly feel that Taff was under his command? Ryiah wasn't so sure, and her glance at the warlock held a twinge of uncertainty. Why did he allow himself to be treated this if he was so powerful?

Expelling a breath Ryiah shook her head, a fraction of the fight slipping from her posture, but none of the determination. "If you insist on teaching Taff his place, fine, but no maiming. I will not have him forever harmed simply for trying to protect me. Surely you can understand that as I must try to understand you - a hard enough thing to do I assure you.

Blasted rain... Ryiah reached a hand up and wiped at her brow, trying in vain to make it easier to glare.
Calico Jack smiled broadly.

"I intended punishing the slave fairly but.. fine ... I will teach him his place instead, as you insist and wish, mistress. Rufus, tie his hands and feet, and toss him overboard to drown, whole and not maimed, the only place for rebellious slaves is down to Davis Jones locker after all. No gag though, she is well capable on making good on her threat and force me to wear one too" granted Calico as if doing her a favour by having e slave executed whilst keeping his limbs.

"No no no please I rather loose my hand" pleaded Taff Gelligen as Rufus set about the given task

Kendra sighed, they were getting away from the task at hand. "If you kill him you and your first mate will be doing a lot of rowing." She said with a shrug. "It may not look that far to the island, but who really knows how rough the tide gets when you get closer to shore." Her state was cold as she looked out to the island. Years turning on her head.

"Not to mention he would be ideal bait for whatever awaits us, maybe even a shield." She said with a shrug. "Plus if you were going to send someone over board, tying him like that will not give him the outcome you would like." She said moving a piece of her way hair out of the way to show Calico a dark smile. "Although that's only in my experience." She chuckled a bit. "So I really don't think tossing him over will be necessary."

Feeling as if her words had been yanked, twisted, and ruined beyond repair, only slightly aided by Kendra, Ryiah quickly moved a row up to confront the blasted pirate, her eyes practically spitting fire as she tried to make herself as tall as possible, standing before him furiously. "If you throw him overboard, you dim-witted...cantankerous...scoundrel" , she hissed, throwing out whatever names she could think of in her current state, "our plans could all very well go down the drain - and you with them for all I care. We need Taff." If that was all Calico Jack was concerned with, so be it. She would remind him of it whenever necessary.

Keeping her glances as far from pleading as possible, she wiped again at her brow, feeling as if she were drowning as well in all this infernal rain.
"Clearly you are going to force my hand on the matter, aren't you, princess? Well... Let it never be said I defied your orders, mistress." muttered Calico with ill contained annoyance raising his hand to halt Rufus

"Cut him loose and let him continue to row the boat.. on this occasion" yielded Calico through gritted teeth

Rufus was about to protest but pursed his lips and released the bound slave watching Taff scramble to get back to rowing.

Ryiah huffed out a breath as the pirate finally relented and released Taff. Feeling sorry for their ire toward the manservant over his protection of her she shot him a grateful look, but then shook her head. "I can handle myself Taff. Don't get yourself killed for my honor." She muttered. Annoyance still flickered through her, and she moved back to her seat, plunking back down with a thump.

"A bet is a bet after all captain. Never let it be said you didn't hold up your end of it." She said raising her chin stubbornly. She could see the annoyance rolling off Calico Jack now, and Rufus as well, sudddenly feeling herself outnumbered. She fell silent and turned her gaze to the looming Island while she gripped the side of the wildly rocking rowboat.

The sight of the Island was ominous, looming as it drew ever nearer. It seemed Kendra had been correct as it took far longer than the group had expected to row to the Island's base, the bottom of the boat grinding against coarse gravelly sand, signalling their arrival. Above them, causing Ryiah's head to tilt back as she gazed upward, was a towering cliff.

A trip around the cliff would yeild no other way up but for tiny, nearly vertical stairsteps etched into one portion of the cliff. Time and foul weather had worn away at these until they were almost nonexistent.

A sigh escaped Ryiah as she regarded them. It seemed that nothing would be easy.
"After you..." muttered Calico making Taff walk in front watching him like a hawk

Ryiah gave a glance to the others as she stopped at the base of the cliff. Above, lightening arched across the sky, sending booming rolls of thunder ripping through the air. She shivered slightly at the ominous feeling. What was up there? Why was this storm so violent?

Taking off her bandana momentarily she wrung it out before replacing it on her head, to keep her dripping hair better out of her eyes as she tilted her head to gaze up, blinking away the rain. "I'm going to try to climb it." She murmered to the others. Checking to make sure a sturdy but small knife was where she'd placed it before coming here, she took off her sword, setting it at the base of the cliff. It would only get in the way of her climbing. Then, slipping out of her shoes to better grip the rock, she moved forward to prepare herself for the climb, taking several deep breaths.

It wasn't her fist time climbing, yet at home when she had done it the rocky face had not been slick with rain, nor had it been dark. She wasn't even sure it was possible now, but she wanted to try all her options before resorting to what Taff had mentioned earlier.

"You're going to break your neck climbing up like that, right now at least." Kendra called to Ryiah, going to catch up with her. She looked at the cliff and at the surroundings it was terribly difficult to get a feeling for what was going on in this storm. "If you're planning to climb up you're going to have to wait for the storm to let up."

She sighed looking around for anything other than the sheer cliff, to find nearly nothing. "I'm afraid to say unless you plan on changing yourself, we're going to have to wait for the storm to pass, climbing against it will only hinder us further." She called to her again.
"Up we go then" muttered Calico pointing Taff Gelligen forward and following Ryiah up the steep path curiosity getting the better off him

He wasn't sure what was up there but he certainly was going to go and find out

Ryiah struggled for only a few moments before coming to the realization that Kendra was right. "We can't climb up here or anywhere. The storm will not abate for some time." She murmered, thinking aloud.

Finally she sighed, reluctant but knowing it was the only recourse. Turning to Taff who still stood under the watchful and annoyed gazes of the roguish pirates, she took a breath and gave him a nod. "It seems I will have to change, if you can somehow manage to unlock the form for me. In addition..." she trailed off to rummage through her satchel she'd brought, and took out a length of metal rod, with a sphere at the end. The handle was well wrapped in non coductive material, and the whole contraption looked to be something like a lightening rod.

Turning back to the others she tried to make herself heard above the thunder. "My father gave this to me as he died, it is connected with collecting the storm seeds somehow, and I only hope we can figure it out when the time comes. In my dragon form, I cannot use this, it is too small. I will need to carry someone, or several, up there with me.."

She felt a snaking of fear run through her, yet she would do what must be done. Chin held high she waited to see if the rest were willing.

Kendra raised an eyebrow. "Are you actually going to turn into a dragon? Are sure you haven't caught a cold?" Kendra asked as she stared at the rod. She had heard stories as a child of such things, but she never thought I'm her wildest dreams that any of it was even remotely possible. She stared up at the rocks, maybe if they had rope of any other gear.

Kendra sighed before looking at her. "If you're crazy enough to believe something like that, more power to you." She said with a small grin, a bit of skepticism in her eyes. She glanced about some more, the storm would take hours if not till tomorrow to let up, this night be their only option.
Taff Gelligen swallowed hard.

"The storm will never pass, it is summoned from within the gem. This rod can entrap the storm energy long enough for me to take the gem from its bed but someone must hold it while I do so..." noted Taff looking at Kendra and Calico meaningfully extending the rod

"Also... I am a manservant not a dragon rider... those are normally warriors and they struggle to control such beasts. We need a steady hand and I won't be responsible for any harm or damage the dragon causes" insisted Taff looking at Kendra and Calico meaningfully

"Each dragon only ever responds to its rider too" muttered Taff not volunteering for the task leaving it among them to decide who would handle the rod and who the dragon

Taking Kendra's disbelief in stride, as she could hardly believe it herself, she listened to Taff's words to the others, glancing their way to gauge their reactions. Did she really change so much while in dragon form? To be so feral? Perhaps this was merely because she would be changing the rules, taking her form before the energy seeds had all been collected. Perhaps when her form was truly released, she would maintain more control.

"I will fight the dragon's desires... its whims.." she murmered, hoping that was possible. "I will do my utmost to harm no one." This was all beside the point if Taffs words were false, if she couldn't find her dragon form. With a deep breath Ryiah readied herself. They would soon find out what was possible, and what wasn't.

Kendra looked at the stick then at Ryiah. She smiled at her and patted her on the shoulder. "What kind of person would I be if I let a man such as Calico ride the princess?" She asked with a grin. "The captain can handle his mighty sceptor, I shall take on the real challenge."

She leaned over to Ryaih, quietly so no one could hear. "What exactly is a dragon?" She asked, her expression hiding whether she was kidding of telling the truth. I'm reality an had heard few stories of the mighty beasts, and she was quite interested to truly see ond.
Taff tore the back of her dress to expose the flesh and her purple scales feeling embarrassed at the gesture. He stared at the scales despite his blush to read her dragon name and closed his eyes tightly, opening them to show glowing golden eyes.

"I am the immortal warlock... the keeper...I thus summon you Sendara to take up and show your true form. I release you, Sendara, from the shackles of human flesh till I call your name again." Recited Taff rushing scared to hide away from the wild beast that would soon roar.

He had to follow the dragon to find the gem but he was not planning to become its dinner in the process

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Across the Sea [closed]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus