Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Across the Sea [closed]

Kendra 'Snake' Hornsby (played anonymously)

"Stay." She said to Sendara before looking at Taff. "Do you have the energy to change her back?" She asked looking at him. Gripping the rope tightly. She felt her stomach turn at the idea of even leaving the island with Calico, without having Ryiah to keep him busy, if she was lucky he would maroon her here, although she doubted she would be so lucky. "She might still have more to her great quest.
Taff hesitated going back to kneeling before his master Calico with a wince as soon as his cold blade touched Taff shoulder.

"Sendara... thank you..." Muttered Taff knowing all it needed was to call out her name
Ryiah Sendara Bet'Lu (played by BreezyDawn) Topic Starter

Not even hearing the voice whispered, Sendara nevertheless felt its power ripple through her from her place pressed near the cliffside. This time she fought the change, not wanting to let go her gem, curling her body around it protectively as if that would keep her in dragon form.

Eventually, the change complete, Ryiah lay still curled around the dragon seed, but did not stir. The energy needed to transform twice in such quick succession had taken its toll, leaving her now uncontious upon the sand.

Her bright red orange hair fell softly over her shoulders, her skin nearly matching the color of the sand beneath her. Shallow breaths escaped her lips, but she still did not stir.
Calico Jack took his large cloak and shirt doing his best to dress her and picked her up gently, bringing her to the boat, in his strong arms, whistling for Taff to get on board and row the boat as well as Rufus, letting Riyah hang onto the sack with the gem

"Come on Snake we don't have all day, there's another nine to retrieve" urged Calico

Ryiah's body would be limp in Calico's arms, her mind dark for the better part of an hour as the boat rowed through the last hours of darkness, the sea now calm. The black waters lapped gently at the sides of the small rowboat, a stark contrast to its earlier rage.

Slowly, Ry would reach for wakefullness, struggling to rise from the groggy tethers which bound her. Putting a hand to her head she groaned softly, blinking open her amber hues and turning her head to try and make sense of her surroundings. Gone were Her wings, her claws, her scales, but for the small patch that remained on her back shoulder blade. She felt small, vulnerable. A sigh escaped her lips and she sat up, only to find herself in the roguish captains arms, wearing... what? Eyes going wide she blinked rapidly a few times, her mouth hanging open as she tried to reason out how she might have gotten here.

Before she could say anything she noticed the small satchel clutched in her hands, a glowing energy coming from inside. Opening it slowly she peered at the dragon, seed, a soft smile coming to her lips. "We did it.." she breathed. Suddenly she remembered where she was and tried to lurch off and out of the captains arms, cheeks burning, yet hadn't regained full control of her human arms and legs yet, sending her with a thump to the bottom of the boat.
"Now now be still sweetie, you could have gotten seriously hurt with a stunt like that" sighed Calico coming to pick her in arms and sitting her on his lap, protected by his strong arms.

"Don't be anxious mistress, I am looking after you and catering to your needs as any other slave is expected to.. you can keep my clothes till you reach my quarters" soothed Calico in a smooth soft voice

He smiled briefly and warmly

"We did it indeed, one of ten gems recovered, we're doing good progress" nodded Calico watching Rufus and Taff row to the ship, his voice coarser and louder as he started barking orders to the crew, to raise the boat and lower the rope ladders

"After you, precious" invited and prompted Calico offering a strong arm and firm grip to help her return to the ship safely.

Ryiah couldn't very well do much else in her groggy state, and so, cheeks still a bit pink, she sat quietly until they reached the Nonesuch, though she may have muttered a few things under breath about the pirate scoundrel using the situation to his full advantage. Still, it was better than laying on the boards at the bottom the whole way as she felt she could hardly situp, tiredness coursing through every muscle.

With a glance to Calico before she grabbed the rungs of the ladder, she narrowed her eyes. "No peeking as I climb up." She said, voice resigned but giving him as firm a glare as she could currently muster, very aware of her clothing situation.

Once she was on deck, having barely made it the distance up the ladder, she held tightly to the railing, chin up and trying to maintain her dignity despite the situation, and her less than dignifying return. "I wish to return to my own quarters, not yours Pirate Calico. You may have your cloak back on the morrow... I thank you for its use." As she said this she wobbled a bit, her legs threatening to stop holding her up.

Finally she remembered one last detail, her brain seeming to become fuzzier with each moment. "No picking on Kendra. I feel that.. somehow you two did not get along when I had my dragon form." Gads... she hoped sleep would cure this cursed fog

Kendra climbed onto the boat and didn't move to help Ryiah, she was strong, she could do it. Helping her would show weakness, she didn't need to do that. At her words Kendra smiled a bit playfully at Calico before chuckling. "Oh Miss, you flatter me." She said with a wink. She sighed and leaned against the railing of the boat, watching Ryiah and the rest of the crew, her eyes flicking around her to every movement. They would land back on Ryiah as she left.

"Hmmm so what came over you, trying to keep the treasure from a bloody dragon?" She asked, words focused towards Calico. "Do you truly have a death wish?" She chuckled afterwards. "Did you really try your luck and your life for such greed?" She said with a shrug. "And the life of your mate and slave?"
"Everyone aboard my ship are but slaves of mine, I will dispose of them as I see fit, yourself included" dismissed Calico coldly going tRiyah rooms to finally conduct the duel as soon as she came out

Oblivious to the heat that went on after she began to make her way toward her mothers old quarters, as well as the fact that Calico Jack still considered them all slaves, Ryiah tried to ignore the leers of the men she passed, giving some of them outright glares. If she'd had her energy she might have challenged them all to a duel as well. Still, she kept her cool and finally reached her rooms, sinking down on the bed with a heavy sigh, falling more like it. Exhaustion pulled her into sleep as soon as she did so, before she could even change into clothes of her own.

Unknowing that Calico Jack had followed her to her room, she slept on for hours, until the light of the new day dawned, the freshness of the air from across the sea awakening her much more refreshed than before. She felt once again in full control of her human body, her mind, though confused still about events which had happened, was clearer now as well.

Mindful of the day ahead, probably to be filled with general busiwork as they made course to the next island on the map, and remembering the duel she'd requested of Calico Jack, she dressed in close fitting leggings, topped by a loose blouse whiched laced at the top, leaving a bit of that undon so as not to be so hot. Strapping her beloved sword on her sash, she tied a bandanna around her fiery locks, then gathered up tbe pirates shirt and cloak, blushing as she did so, trying not to think of how she'd gotten into them in the first place.

Finally she exited her room, looking about for Calico Jack. If she spotted him nearby, she would move over, pressing his clothes into his arms. "Thanks again.." she murmered. "Now.. about that duel?" A small amount of residual tiredness clung to her, yet she pushed it away, feeling better than before. Perhaps it was not tbe best conditions to fight in, yet she didn't think the pirate would put it off any longer.

She scoffed. "I'd like to see you try, and that makes you a slave driver, not a captain." She said coldly. As she stared out over the sea she waited. It would be a few hours before Ryiah came out, they should be on course towards the next seed. She looked towards Taff. "Where is the next seed?" She asked him. "Will it be as difficult as our current seed?" She asked a little grin in her eyes.

Despite herself she really did enjoy this quest, save for some of her accomplices. She did truly enjoy this quest, coming across the woman on the docks may have been her best string of luck yet.
Calico looked at Riyah accepting the clothes back and handing them to Taff to do the laundry. "Back to work you scallywag" muttered Calico watching Taff return to his chores

Jack them came to his desk, looking at the maps answering Kendra's remark

"Storm seeds only reveal themselves, one at a time, when the previous one is removed from its resting place, easiest to hardest thus it may not be so easy next time" muttered Calico

"And you missy best you stop wearing my patience thin else I will have you tossed into the sea with naught but a row boat at best" warned Calico Jack gazing at Kendra briefly, the tension heavily noticeable, before looking at their position position and marking the path to be followed

Once done, he handed the parchment to Rufus to change course and took up his sword.

"En garde, unless you seek surrender and forfeit" offered Calico reading himself

Having arrived in time to hear Calico Jacks first words, Ryiah's gaE momentarily went to the map. Each seed would be gathered with increasing difficulty? That didn't bode well for her.

Finally, turning to fave the pirate once again Ryiah raised an eyebrow, moving to a clear space on deck which looked to have minimal footing hazards. "You wish pirate slave." She murmered, drawing her own sword. "Surrender is not an option I usually consider." The green hilt of the weapon glinted in the sun, and she held it easily, the shape perfect for her hand.

For the time being she held the sword in her right hand, shifting to a solid stance, as her orange amber hues watched Calico closely, gauging the way he moved, the way he held his own sword, and what she thought would be his preferred methods. A half smile lifted her lips, a thrill running through her. It had been too long since she'd had a chance to cross blades with anyone.

"Any last words, pirate?" She asked softly.
Calico smiled broadly at Ryiah raising and eye brow at her statement.

"Lass, you should have accepted defeat rather than make me break some sweat for it... it might cost you more than just your sword now that I have to work at it" grinned Calico Jack raising his sword briefly at her, into a vague attention stand, ready yet clearly not about to take the duel seriously at all, giving her opportunity to start off

"Ladies first... madamme... I might expect a very thorough massage from you after this" informed Calico with a broader grin

Ryiah laughed and shook her head. "Not so fast Pirate... there will be no wagering off of the duel I won fair and square from our last game of chance. This duel is part of my winnings. Lady luck and all that. It seems you must break a sweat and get nothing from it but the satisfaction of crossing blades with me."

Now... to wipe that bloody smirk off his face. she thought, thinking him all too cocky. With that, she took a quick shuffle step forward and lunged her sword straight at his middle, and, should he block it in time, she would roll the blade off of the parry, using initial momentum and strike again at his side. The blade was held steadily, her grip sure. It was obvious she knew how to use it. But did her skill match Calico Jack's? The renowed pirate, sailor of the wide seas, and the terror of human hearts, should surely not be underestimated.

[Woops. Perhaps a dice roll is in order. One 20 sided die... less than 10 is a none hit, the worse the roll the worse the miss. 10 and above are a 'hit' or success, but the better the roll the better the 'hit' ]

[Edit. Heck ya! I'll leave the response to you xD]

rolled 1d20 and got 20

Calico Jack watched her predictable moves with a small smile on his face

"I will grant you that you at least have good memory" smiled Calico "it was indeed your winning prize to have this sword dance and I shall honour it" nodded Calico

"Still I insist girls shouldn't play with pointy sticks, you should stick to lipstick instead, it can be just as deadly but far less dangerous" advised if teased Calico

(( OOC: double post due to missing out the dice roll ))
Calico Jack watched her thrust forward with her sword, with confidence, making no move to immediately block her but rather took one evaside step sideways to stand aside, for her blade to run through naught but thin air, conforming on defense for now, to let her try out a few moves.

He grabbed her wrist sharply pulling her forward a little more, hitting the wrist harder to dislodge that sword and watch it fall with one hand, his other hand placing his sword blade carefully against her neck, for now just the handle itself so as to not injure the princess

"Right now, you would have lost your neck, head and sword already..." noted Calico in a teaching mindset "Had I hit your extended arm instead, you would have lost the limb and the sword thus your ability to continue fighting" added Calico further

"Overall, you're not too bad, you have a good stance and firm grip yet it is clear you were trained at the palace between four safe walls and much too careful hands and moves, the real world is sharper and more dangerous than the formal regal palace fencing, you need broader if more deadly and rudder skills than that... pick it up and try again..." complimented Calico Jack

"Just don't forget that you have to protect front and back when fighting... do not just plunge forward without accounting surroundings" instructed Jack

"Honestly I do not feel comfortable endangering my future queen like this... are you sure you want to continue?" quizzed Calico in a more concerned voice pursing his lips as she clearly was determined to see the fight through

rolled 1d20 and got 20

Ryiah felt the sharp thwack of Calico's strike to her wrist, but she had experienced such before. While it caused her to fumble and drop the blade, it did not fall completely, instead she caught it with her left hand and twisted to bring her hands up to grab Calico's hands and the hilt of his sword in am attempt to twist away from the hold. As she did so, she murmered "I don't need lipstick, my lips are perfect the way they are." She said, eyes focused but with a flash of humor.

Then, she swung her leg out a bit, trying to trip up the pirate, while simultaneously aiming a blow from her sword to his opposite side. Intending to knock him down and disable him, though not truly hurt.

Regarding him with eyes dancing from excitement, her lips curved upward in a grin. "You won't hurt me, Captain, you are too skilled for that, right?" Her tone was a bit of a taunt, but playfulness was there too.

rolled 1d20 and got 17

Kendra was watching the fight with a smirk as she watched their exchange. Maybe Calico was skilled, but Ryiah seemed to be keeping up quite well. She was sure full of surprises. She was enjoying this quite a lot as she silently cheered for Ryiah from the side. Her lips still smirking.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Across the Sea [closed]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus