Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Across the Sea [closed]

"Sendara breath can heal him, purple royal dragons can... and take us up there quick too. Maybe this time I'll hold your cloak and take a better look at your flawless skin after uh?" Smiled Calico seeing this the easiest remedy

Taff was about to give him another backhand but limited himself to make the wounded man comfortable

"master is right" muttered Taff agreeing reluctantly
Ryiah Sendara Bet'Lu (played by BreezyDawn) Topic Starter

Ryiah looked between them all, rain dripping from chin her hand still clasped over her cloak. Her eyes momentarily regained their normal firey spirit at Calico's cheeky words, and she narrowed her eyes at him.

Finally she nodded at Taff. "Lets do this again then." She said, seeming resigned. Glancing at Kendra she raised an eyebrow. "I guess you get to ride a dragon a while longer." This sparked a question in her mind to ask the warlock, but she decided to save it for a more opportune time, one when a man's life was not on the line. At least this time there was no creature awaiting them at the top. Simple... right?

Except for the pain which came again when Taff once more called forth her dragon name. When he did so, she felt the change coming to take hold like a theif in the night. Loath to do so, and not a moment too soon she removed her cloak, rain once agaim sheeting down upon only smooth pale skin. Then her vision would once again go black, her form falling to the sand momentarily.

When next she knew herself, it was as Sendara. The dragon snorted, shaking grogginess from her head, once again a bit confused. The change was a bit easier this time, however, and she could soom stand, flexing her powerful wings. Then she remembered Kendra, who had dared to claim the title of dragon rider. Looking at the small woman standing nearby she growled low, puffing out a steamy breath. The rope was still around her neck, however, a bond which kept her from acting on her grumpiness.

She crouched a bit, kneading the sand with restless claws.
"You owe me big time... captain... casting such powerful curse defying spells are not without its costs" huffed Taff sitting in the sand gazing into the sea waves, painfully reminded of Elektra.

When Sendara returned to her form Taff came over to the beast patting it gently.

"Be still... one day you will free your father and you need not be a half but a whole... any more" muttered Taff

"Your curse shall never be lifted or forgiven but at least you will be able to be yourself and retain your memories and feelings, regardless of your form... we must find the treasure... soon as we can" urged Taff running the finger through the sand to draw the gem he had seen at the top, to encourage the dragon a little more.
Kendra 'Snake' Hornsby (played anonymously)

She didn't like seeing Ryiah transform, she didn't really know why, but it set unease inside of her. Maybe it was knowing that the beast wasn't free, that she was tied to her human form, curse from being who she wanted to be. She knew the feeling well, she didn't feel free at the moment either. So as she watched the man cast and transform her, she just looked at the dragon.

Kendra sensed the anger of the beast, she was happy the rope was still there or else she worried that she would be the meal she didn't eat up on the cliff. She slid around Sendara's neck gentle as she could. She took a breath. "Grab them, ascend the cliff." She said to her as she held tightly to the rope.

Sendara looked at Taff a long moment as the warlock spoke, obviously understanding his words yet showing no outward response. Her glance moved down to the drawing, knowing the gem he spoke of, her treasure. Why did he think she would share it with them?

Feeling the pirate woman slip behind her gracefully curved neck, sitting upon purplish obsidian scales, she shuffled with unease. Finally she lifted her great wings and took to the sky, her heart lifting with the freedom of the sky. Making one circle she came back around, picking up the roguish pirate, the warlock, and the dying one, feeling herself weighed down with each new body. Finally she pumped her wings hard and wheeled in the sky, offering a bugling trumpet as she caught a nice updraft, the storms turbulent winds helping her lift up higher towards the cliffs top. Rain continued drenching the humans, yet the wetness rolled off her gleaming scales easily, her armor protecting her from the gale and the rain both.

Touching down at Kendra's command atop the cliff she put the others, still none too gently, down on the earth. If Kendra should then dismount, she would begin moving without further ado toward the center of the plateau, where the crackling energy of her treasure awaited. Her orange amber eyes gleamed with anticipation.
Calico Jack approached the pillars in between which the storm seed was kept, he cared not that taking such gem might infuriate the selfish dragon, he just eyed the priceless treasure with a gleaming if greedy smile.

"As beautiful and unique as each of them can be" smiled the man broadly handing the lighting rod to Taff for the warlock to contain the storm, deciding on taking up the gem all by himself and for himself, the pirate within him not one to share, and leaving the more arduous task of disabling the storm to the slave, after all, that is why he had spared his life in the first place.

Taff being but a slave didn't agree with the change of direction as he was supposed to be the one to retrieve the treasure keeping the dragon calm with his soothing voice but, a slave is not his own master, Kendra was busy enough containing the beastly dragon and Rufus on his deathbed, clearly, Calico Jack would have it his way after all. Taff reluctantly grabbed the lighting rod touching the gem and watching the storm all but seize altogether as if it had never rained or been cloudy at all whilst Calico Jack expertly and quickly removed the storm seed from its resting place into a pouch and placed the pouch upon his neck

"I've got it, I've got it" cheered up the man clearly pleased with the achievement, his smile vanishing as he beheld Rufus struggle to breathe, his eyes rolling back white.

Calico Jack sighed coming to kneel by the man, resting Rufus head upon his lap and holding the dying man's hand.

"Sendara... he needs help, your help, will you restore him to health and lengthen his life?" asked Calico in a softer voice looking up the beast, clearly so small by comparison that Sendara could easily eat the pair in one mouthful

Sendara did not remain idle as Calico Jack laid hands upon the treasure she felt should be hers alone to guard. As the pirate knealt by the dying one Sendara to a flying, yet surprisingly graceful leap and came down with her large talons on all sides of the two men, her gleaming eyes glaring down at Calico while an ominous rumble rolled from her body, a steamy breath ruffling his hair. The treasure is mine... her voice slid through his mind, the barbed tone perhaps causing a slight pain to shoot through his head.

Whether Kendra was still on her back or not, the dragon had moved to quickly in pinning the men to allow for an order to stop, now she awaited the return of her gem. She did indeed see one of the pirates was nearing his end, but why would such a thing concern her? Perhaps if she had her treasure back... she would be more inclined to heed his question. Or perhaps not, she was feeling rather fickle, and uninclined to bend her will to aiding these choosy mortals
"Nuh uh ... fat chance...finders keepers, looser weepers, you belong to sweet cheeks over there and the stone is mine to keep, I'm a pirate after all, taking treasure is what we do best" objected Calico outright refusing to give it to anyone, causing Taff to look at him baffled, wide eyed in disbelief if horrified at the way Calico was taunting the beast

"How about you let go of the storm seed, and we'll see if Sendara wants to be a bit more, helpful." She said still sitting on her back. Kendra was grinning. "You can't just expect anyone to just give and give and give, with nothing in return. Give up the seed and maybe she'll consider it." She said as she still held onto the rope. "I would ask her too, but I really don't want to be dragon food." She said patting her head from her place. "This wonderful creature here seems to have her eyes set on the prize that suits her."

"Don't crush them, or else they might do something they regret." She said with a sigh. As she stared at them from aback Sendara. "Just give it to her, it'll fix your current situation." She said with a shrug. "Then, if she doesn't herself, I'll tell her to heal your dear Rufus, before he draws his last breath."

It was almost as if Sendara gave a draconic smile at Kendra's words, feeling a bit more inclined to like the woman rider as she would not order Sendara off just yet.

With another hiss of steam, the dragon allowed several drops of hot water to roll from her jaws and sizzle onto the pirates clothing in warning, the she flexed her talons, sliding them a fraction closer to his head. The pirate was looking as if he could provide a snack soon enough...

Kendra grinned. "As of fact Calico, I'm a pirate myself, although the seed isn't the treasure I seek, I want to sail again, and if I left you here or had her simply crush you and take the seed for herself, I could just steal you ship." She said with a laugh. "I feel your crew would warm up to me once I showed them Sendara, and if not I could find another ship, leaving little old Calico Jack dead on a Cliffside, never to be heard from again. I would have my ship, Sendara would have her treasure, and I would even consider setting her free after that. What would a pirate do with a dragon?" She said with a chuckle.

"So, I'm sure it's in your best interest to hand over the seed." She barked. "And you better hope we're feeling kind after all you've done to Sendara's human form. Staring at her like she's bait on a hook." She said with a grin. "I wouldn't be too happy about that."
"Fine, if you insist, have Rufus for supper then, he would have died all the same, at least it'll be over quicker" sighed Calico dramatically taking a step back from the dribble.

"The skinny one is your next meal if you don't choke with the bones, but precious here is my royal quest you're not having it" rejected Calico outright clutching the stone tighter to make it clearer

"There's few things I refuse to share and this precious is one of ten" informed Calico

Sendara growled again, frustrated the woman atop her back had said not to rip them apart yet. The pirate was surprisingly unintimidated by her threats. If she were not so annoyed at him still clutching her treasure, she would be feeling a begrudging respect for his courage - or was it merely foolhardy greed? In either case, Sendara sympathized with both. She snorted, slamming a foot down on the earth. And causing a bit of stone to shake free.

She lifted her head and growled, the sound loud, booming through the sky, perhaps causing those around to cover their ears in pain.

Kendra held back her wince and rubbed her ears with one hand before shaking herself out of it. "What's your plan here Calico? You're going to die with your treasure? That's the only way out for you, you can't jump off the cliff without meeting your end, Sendara isn't going to take you down without your giving up of the seed. So you can jump and we'll simply find the seed once your hit the ground, you can stand here as Sendara stomps on your or crushes your skull, or you can give us the seed and live to find another treasure." She said as she began tapping her chin. "I know they're all very difficult choices."

She sighed. "I'll give you four seconds to consider, since I'm a patient woman, Sendara might only give you two, so I would make haste with your decision or else it may not be yours to make." She said with a playful glimmer in her eyes. She was having quite a fun time playing with the pirate, after all the things he had put them through she was feeling quite a bit playful. "If he doesn't hand it over, destroy them to your hearts content."
"Now now my precious, I'm well used to girly pouts, I've kidnapped enough wenches, it's mine and stays mine, now get over it... plenty other pearls at sea for a pretty necklace for you" advised Calico patting the bag.

"I told you already, honey, you'll never make a good pirate if squashing those beneath you is out of the question" reminded Calico

"Lord Calico Jacksworth Pont-de-Ter may I remind the lord commander is honour bound to obey the princess, and oath bound to obey her after losing the bet? Till such time as you cross swords you're her slave. Pirate code, pirates ways" remarked Taff watching Calico huff and cringe.

"You ..... urgh! ... don't you go siding with them too, scallywag ... can't wait to get that duel done and over with" muttered Calico taking out the pouch

"Here cranky mistress, all yours... a bet is a bet after all.." Muttered Calico holding it out for the dragon to snatch it

Sendara did just that, looping a single talon into the bag Calico proffered almost purring in satisfaction. Curling her long tail about her, nosing the pouch containing the treasure, she took one glance at the dying man who seemed to be taking his last breaths. Leaning toward him she seemed about to snap him up, when instead she puffed a breath of steam which glowed a light purple and gleamed with magic. The breath enveloped the man, halting the poison and curing his body. After only a few moments he would be seen to breath normal once again, soon after, he would have energy to rise.

Shaking her head a bit she rose and padded a ways away from the pirates and the warlock, having no idea what the words had indicated. Who was this princess they spoke of, and a dual? What had that to do with her? Yet she was glad it had caused the greedy one to relinquish what was hers. Curling into a heap about the small satchel and nosing it softly and tenderly, almost affectionately, she seemed to have all but forgotten the woman on her back, and their desire to return to the ship.

Kendra sighed. "Sendara, there maybe more treasure for you if we continue the quest, maybe an entire bed of it for you." She said with a smile her voice sounded like taffy, sweet but sticky. She glanced back at Taff. "The skinny one may be able to lead us there, then you can truly nose up to some treasure, it will keep you company, and you'll be free to it, no rope around your neck."

Kendra just had to figure out how to get herself a ship and get out of this mess. "Say captain, have you ever been Marooned before?" She asked glancing back. "This seems like a beautiful place for such things, don't you agree?"
"Aye, I have, one too many times... the slave here is mine though so he is staying too. I will run him through with a sword before you even dare think him yours" frowned Calico forcing Taff to his knees

"Not if the dear dragon tells you no." She said with a smile. "I doubt you would go back on your word so quickly. Although if you plan too, I'm sure we could come to some sort of trade for your man, he is just a slave and those all have prices, don't they?" She asked as she patted Sendara's neck. "For instance, your life seems like a great price, or the lives of your crew."

Sendara was back on her feet as soon as Calico Jack drew his sword. She had no wish for the warlock to meet his end. It confused Sendara, yet she felt that this warlock held some sway with her. He was important.

No... her voice slid into everyone's mind this time, her menace real. No one would tamper with this one's life while she was present. Yet for reasons she couldn't explain even to herself, her desire to crush the rest of the mortals had slimmed considerably. Now, she just wanted them all off her island and gone, leaving her in peace with her treasure.

With this thought she took to the sky, the satchel clutched between her jaws as she glided over the others, snatching them each in a clawed grasp. Without further ado, she spiraled dowm the cliff, which seemed far less intimidating without the storm raging around them.

Depositing all on the sand she landed nearby, watching them all closely as if expecting them to depart and leave her in peace.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Across the Sea [closed]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus