Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Maximum Ride RP (closed RP)

Riya (played by Nightmarish)

Why rope? Isn't it too weak?

She was tied up, as usual, rope, not metal. Thick rope, strong enough to keep her from breaking it.

It's fine, it's too thick. We used to keep her in metal until she electrocuted one of us to death.

Pale blue eyes watched the two whitecoats as they moved about the room, speaking in low voices to each other. She attempted to open her mouth, but as always the gag kept any words from coming out. She wasn't sure what she would say anyway if she could talk. Riya jumped as red lights suddenly started flashing a loud alarm went off.

What the hell?

Someone escaped!

Shoot. Come on.

What about her?

Leave her. There's nothing she can do.

Riya couldn't hear their conversation and really didn't care. She was struggling, twisting around in her rope, attempting to flap her tied up wings, anything. She huffed and wondered who had escaped this time and if they would even get away. She attempted to listen to any noises from the hallway.
Xyla Kailani (played by 8TigerBunnyTora) Topic Starter

(with Riya)

To Riya, it was almost as if there was a strange miasma on the floor next to her, before it looked like something grey appeared. It wasn't quite clear at first, it was blurry like it was being deep through murky water, but eventually it became visible.

It was a small grey blade like a boxcutter, sitting innocently on the floor a mere couple of inches from her.

All of a sudden, Riya could hear a panicked female voice echoing throughout the room. Or was it just in her head?

Go, get out of here! This is the best I can do, they didn't know they dropped it!
Now find me! Please!
she begged. Help me! Before they get rid of me!

~~~~~~~~~

(with Drake and Jamarco)

The voice resounded again to Drake, but this time Jamarco could hear it too. Where are you?! Hurry! her voice was even more panicked than before, her voice also louder as he seemed to get closer to the room, or maybe it was just because of her level of panic. They're coming to shut me off, and then they'll get rid of me!
Jamarco nods and stretches his wings, following the young man out of the room. He was starting to like this guy; he was a natural leader, one who thought fast and acted faster. Maybe this fellow could help him. "Yeah, the name's Jamarco Comerford. How about you?" When the boy heard the voice in his head, he flinches from surprise but listens carefully. Wherever this girl was, she sounded really frightened and it made him more dedicated. "You weren't kidding, man, we don't have a lot of time. One of us should work on getting the girl, the other will free the others. So, what's the plan?" There was a new sense of urgency in Jamarco's eyes, one that seemed to make his previous pain dissolve.
Drake Blade (played by CrimsonWolfGod)

The young man took a deep breath to calm himself before the voice screamed in his mind.

I'm on my way, just hold on! he replied before looking at Jamarco.

"You get as many people as you can. I'm gonna go get the voice." He wasn't sure if he could rely on Jamarco, but in this type of situation he couldn't imagine someone messing up. Plus, for a fellow student, Jamarco didn't seem to have that lack of hope he had felt for years.

The young man turned away,"..My name doesn't matter right now. Call me whatever you like. Let's just get this done!" He said, quickly running off to find the voice.
As he ran he glanced back,"Jamarco, stay safe in here!"

Riya huffed and tapped her feet, expecting the red lights to stop and news to come that the escapee had been caught. What she did not expect was the strange vapor that appeared, only to disperse soon to reveal a boxcutter. Riya's eyes widened, the blade within reach. Where did this come from? She jumped as a voice sounded, and looked around to see where it was coming from. Riya couldn't figure out if this was real or if she was going crazy, but either way, she wasn't going to pass up this chance.

I don't know who you are, but you got it.

She dropped down to the floor and turned herself around, reaching out her hands and grasping the sharp object. She quickly got to working her way through the thick rope, and within a couple minutes, she was free. She then got to the rope tied around her torso and dropped that one next. She stretched her cramped wings and winced at the rope burn the struggling had given her. She finally cut the rope on her legs and stood up, taking a few unsteady steps to the door. She stretched her muscles then headed for the door.

Riya quickly tore off the gloves that held tight to her hands, and electricity zapped in between her fingers. She grabbed the door and peeked outside, on the lookout for guards or really anyone else. At seeing no one, she hurried into the hall.

Hey voice, if you can hear me, what room are you in? She wasn't sure if just thinking stuff would allow her to communicate with the unknown girl, but it was worth a try.

(to Riya)

I don't know, but the fact that you can hear me means you're close by! the girl's voice resounded. Check the rooms around you, maybe!
Jamarco nods in affirmation and grins. "Don't worry about me, man. I got the easy job, you're the one I'm worried about. He looks around before dashing down a hallway looking for a tool to free his fellow captives with. After quietly subduing a guard, the boy finds a pair of bolt cutters in a janitor's room. Using his wings for support, he moves almost effortlessly through the School and uses the bolt cutters to cut the locks off of any cage he finds. His augmented movement abilities allows him to reach tall cages as well as hide from any whitecoats going to halt the escape. Surprising even to himself at times, Jamarco had remained hopeful throughout the torture and disappointments because he had tasted freedom. He knew what it meant to be free, to be human, to be like any other person on the earth. The boy had tasted real Jamaican jerk instead of the slop that he was fed throughout his life; he had listened to real music, music that made him felt warm inside instead of the mechanical noises that bounced off the walls and flooded his ears at the School; he had been able to talk and laugh and play with other humans instead of crawl around in misery with the other experiments. That was the best time of his life and every time he laid down at night, aching all over and barely able to withstand the day's events, he remembered that glorious time in the Caribbean and suddenly the pain was much more bearable.

After he had freed 50 experiments or so, chaos had erupted in the School. Experiments were attacking the whitecoats in a push for freedom while the whitecoats, armed with stun batons and clubs, were fighting back to quell the resistance. Jamarco jumped and glided over the carnage, looking around for the young man who freed him. When his feet touched the ground, the boy sprinted back the way he came, the bolt cutters still in his hand. Following him were the survivors of the riot, ready to follow their liberator away from this wretched institution.

The owl boy ran through the halls of the School, doing whatever he could to make the jobs of the security guards more difficult, yet through the sound of the emergency alarm, he heard something else. Screaming? Cheers? He wasn't sure, at the moment he didn't let it distract him.

He went through multiple rooms, coming up empty with finding the voice, though he did manage to assist other students. It wasn't until he made it to a lone door at the end of the hall, heavily armored, from what he saw it required multiple ways to unlock it. The White coats must have really wanted to keep the voice locked up.

The owl boy smirked, it was a shame they never thought the students would attempt an escape of this scale. He began to focus on the door, utilizing his powers until..

Hold it!

A deep voice echoed over the sirens, the young man turned around to see a lone guard, also heavily armored, this was the last thing he needed. Time was running out.

The guard pressed a finger to his ear and spoke,"Got one by the package, requesting back up."

Copy that, squad on your way now E.T.A three minutes, can you identify the student?

"Male, brown skin, dreadlocks, seems docile. Species, currently unknown, beginning capture protocol." he said, slowly walking over to the owl boy, the tranquilizer rifle aimed at him,"Let's just take it easy, you got no where else to go. I don't want to get rough with you."

The student continued to stare at the guard before speaking,"...Why won't you just let us go? We shouldn't be treated like this, we're people."

The guard scoffed,"You're things. Experiments. Freaks of nature. You think you're people? You're the farthest thing from it..Let me guess, you think society is just going to accept you? You want to feel the sunshine? The fresh air? Meet humans?" he asked.

The owl boy glared at him, he wasn't wrong. The young man wanted freedom, he was tired of being a plaything for White coats. He was tired of having his trust broken..He didn't care to meet other humans, as far as he was concerned they were no better than the White coats in the School.

"Well let me tell you something, no body is going to accept you. You'll have no place outside of these walls. You're only asking for trouble by breaking the others out..You guys will either die or end up back here."

This is Dr. Ikniles, do NOT engage with the student, do NOT look into his eyes! Fall back! I repeat, fall back!

The guard pressed a finger to his ear as he continued to stare at the horned owl,"Sir? I can't understand, repeat orders?"

F-*static* B..ck! ....T..n..ge!

"Repeat! Do not copy! What are the ord--.." the guard soon paused, his pupils slowly dilating as he stared into the owls eyes.

The student spoke,"Release me." he ordered as the man slowly walked around him and began to undo the lock on his jacket, successfully freeing him. The young man looked at his hands for the first time in...Huh..He doesn't even know how long. He then looked back at the gaurd,"I guess we'll take our chance dying. Give me your thing..The one that you talk to your boss with." he ordered.

The guard removed his head gear and handed it to the student," Make sure you keep your friends distracted, shoot them with whatever you were gonna shoot me with if you have too." he ordered again, watching as his new puppet began to walk down the hall before speaking into the walkie talkie, eventually learning how to figure it out.

He..o!? Do not ENGAGE.

The voice sounded familiar, it was the one that always spoke to him during the experiments,"A bit too late for that."

--Within the emergency room--

The white coat, now known as Dr. Ikniles, clenched his fist,"0031..! It's time to stop, you don't know what you're doing!"

I'm leaving. Plain and simple.

"None of you will survive out there, you know nothing of the outside world."

Whose fault is that!?

"We are only doing what is needed! We are you're family, you need us! Whatever influenced you to start this little..Riot..it needs to end." the Whitecoat stood up and began to pace around the room,"...I'll tell you who you really are, your name, your family, everything and anything you want to know."

The few people inside the emergency room looked at him in shock, but the doctor continued. Focusing on only the silence on the other side of the speaker.

"End this charade, walk away from that door. And I'll reveal everything to you..Hell I'll even put in the paper work so that you can see them. How does that sound?" he asked. Again, only silence.

"...0031? Can you hear me?"

--With Owl boy--

He stared at the floor, would the doctor truly reveal everything? Would he finally learn about his past? Why he was placed in this damned facility? It was a good deal for him..He didn't even have a plan on where to go if he got out, what would he do? How would he survive? Would he have to be concerned about other students? The School following him?

He wasn't sure.

..0031? Can you hear me?

"Yeah. I do."

And?

He looked up to see a now open room, the door tossed to the side, a bit crumpled,"...I think you're just saying whatever I want to hear. You really think I'd trust you? The person that used me as a damn experiment in a place that poked and prodded me like I was a toy? No deal. We're leaving.

You are making a huge mistake! We'll find you! Bring you back and keep you bound in damned chains!

"You'll have to kill me first. And you know how stubborn I can be."

With those final words, he dropped the speaker and entered the room.

--Emergency room--

The doctor yelled, throwing his mic to the wall, scaring some of the white coats, before walking up to a gaurd and grabbing his walkie talkie, pulling him close,"Order all available forces to the package! They cannot escape! Kill the boy if you have too!"

"But sir..!"

"NOW, DAMMIT, NOW!

Without a second thought the gaurd spoke into his mic,"All available forces to secure the package, do not allow package to leave that room, deadly fire on male is granted. This is a priority one order."

Riya looked down the next hallway, three guards. She started to hear distant noises. cheering and yelling it sounded like. She wondered if this whole goddamn place was breaking out, and if it all had to do with the voice. It looked like the guards here were meant to cut off anyone going this way. Too bad for them they were looking the wrong way.

Riya simply moved silently and quickly forward and pressed her hands to the backs of the men, sending an electric shock through them. It felt so relieving, a sensation she hadn't felt in a long time. She continued to grab the gun of the third man and dodge away and he shot, sending an electric shock through the gun to him too. She moved forward, stopping or distracting guards in any way she could, and ignoring the noises behind her. Right now, she was focused on figuring out whatever or whoever it was that had helped her escape.

She moved through a few more hallways and could hear the distant voices of guards. They were probably all out at this point, the place was in total chaos. Down the next hall, she saw a guard walk past her with a gun, though he seemed uninterested in her, and after he disappeared around the corner she heard gunshots. She noticed the open door and walked over cautiously, looking in to see two experiments like her, one free and one still trapped. She assumed the girl was the voice that had freed her, and she seemed pretty important. "Hey, do you know how to get her out?" She asked the boy, looking back at the door. She expected more guard to appear any second.

Riya could hear her panicked cries coming to a crescendo coming from the door beside her. The girl before her was probably one of the many experiments that Jamarco had freed. Through the small window of the door, there were a lot of computers with labcoats already working on them, and guards backing them up. They surrounded what looked like a metallic capsule with several wires trailing from it, and the disembodied voice seemed to be coming from them. The longer that the labcoats were on the computer, the greater the pained cries became, until she was screaming.
Jamarco looked around and didn't see the young man who freed him or the girl that he was supposed to find. It started to worry him, knowing that there were people here that might need his help. The boy turns to the most senior experiment he could find and directs him to find a way out. As his fellow experiments cheered and surged through the halls, the macaw hybrid turned the other way and ran through the halls, listening closely for any calls for help or movement. A squad of guards in riot gear saw him and started to pursue, one of them yelling into a walkie talkie.

"Ma'am, Crown Jewel sighted! Move to contain!"

Jamarco peered behind him and sprinted down the hall, mentally panicking as all he could think of to do was run. The boy was never good at making decisions in times of crisis and he had absolutely no plan to escape. Without thinking, he burst his way into a large room with no other exit. His heart dropped as he realized that he was cornered, scanning the room for any way to leave; there was a vent on the ceiling but otherwise none. Behind him, the boy could hear heavy footsteps.

"Crown Jewel is contained, moving to secure."

A few seconds later, the guards burst through the door as Jamarco has his back to the wall. They move towards him as he sinks to the floor, the leader speaking to him.

"Come along, now. Miss Adelsson would be heartbroken if she lost her favorite pet."

Jamarco's mind locks up and he curls into a ball, gritting his teeth as he wishes that he could be anywhere but in that room. The boy waits for a hand to grab him by the scruff of his neck and force him to his feet. Instead, he felt himself hit a flat surface, as though he had fallen onto the floor. Jamarco looks up and what he sees feels like a dream. The guards that were right in front of him were now on the ceiling, staring down at him in awe. What's more, the only door was on the ceiling, and the vent that was on the ceiling was now on the floor, and all of the fluorescent lights were on the floor too, and...

Wait, Jamarco thinks as he finally realizes what has happened. Am I on the ceiling? But it feels like the floor... Thinking about it gave him a major headache, and there was a light soreness in his limbs after the change. The sound of the leader yelling to Adelsson that shook him from his trance. Quickly, the boy rips off the vent cover and jumps inside to escape from a very close situation.

"Ma'am, we do not have the Jewel! I repeat, the Jewel is not secure!...I can't quite explain it, ma'am. He just floated to the ceiling and entered the ventilation system...Understood. Let's move out, Boss said to put guards on every vent! Double time it!

Meanwhile, as Jamarco crawled through the vents to find another room, he thought about what the squad leader was talking about. He called me 'Crown Jewel' before. Is my name 'Crown Jewel?' He also said that Miss Adelsson would be 'heartbroken if she lost her favorite pet'. Is that what I am? Am I her favorite pet?

At that moment, something changed with his surroundings and he fell down on the top of the tunnel, which was actually the bottom. "Damn, this is gonna get confusing," the boy mutters to himself, flipping around and continuing through the system. A pet…that's all I am here. A figurine, a trophy, the main attraction at the freak show. Everything that I have, everything that I am, is there because someone gave it to me. I don't deserve freedom, I don't control my fate, and I don't have the ability to think for myself. Just a pet…

Suddenly, Jamarco stumbles as the floor under him disappears. He slides down the vent while bumping against the sides, yelling as he can't see a thing. When he finally reaches the bottom and slows down, the boy takes a deep breath and dusts himself off before pushing further into darkness.

The young man looked at the girl speaking to him, a bit surprised to see another student away from Jamarco, perhaps she managed to get herself out with all the chaos. It was then he remembered he was supposed to rendezvous with Jamarco by now. He couldn't afford to waste any more time, when he glared at the white coats surrounding the capsule he slowly smirked,"Yeah. I got an idea.." he noticed the woman had a gun, raising an eyebrow, he wanted to question if she knew how to use it but he preferred to watch in this situation.

"Make sure nobody gets out of here except the voice. That's my plan." he said, walking in the room.

Hey!

He yelled, startling the Whitecoats,"Wh-what are those things doing here!?"

"Someone call securi-"

Whack!

A chair was tossed at the whitecoat, knocking him out, the owl boy looked over to the others,"None of that. If you people don't want to get hurt, I suggest you do what we say."

Another whitecoat was seen raising her hands in the air,"We..We'll do what you want! Just don't hurt us!"

Two more joined her in surrendering while the rest glared,"Cowards.." one muttered, running for a button on the wall, most likely to call for more guards, the owl boy used his powers to lift them in the air before glancing at the student with the gun,"Deal with the ones who surrendered, make sure they get her out without any trouble. I'm gonna deal with the brave ones." he ordered, throwing his captive at the ones who refused to comply, walking over to them.

"Let's try to be quick. We need to meet up with another one of us..!"

Riya had little idea how to use the gun, but she knew she was holding right so worse came to worse she could just shock them. She watched the other student as he scared three people into submission. She did as he said and trusted that the other could handle the rest on his own. She pointed the gun at the three scientists, who started trembling and asking her not to shoot them.

"Release her." She ordered strictly, motioning to the container. The three in front of her scrambled to their computers. She smirked, liking finally having control of the people who had messed with her like she was some toy. She looked over their shoulders and watched as they worked on the computers. One of the labcoats whispered to another, and Riya put the gun towards her. "Have an issue?"

"W-we are not supposed to-" Riya rolled her eyes. "I don't care." The labcoat quieted up and opened the container, the other two rushing over and detaching her carefully from her wires. Riya walked over and looked at the strange girl, offering some support in case she needed it once they let her down.

The girl had stopped screaming the moment that the labcoats finally went onto their computers and shut down the capsule, and with a mechanical hiss it was lowered from its elevated position. As it opened, It revealed a young girl, small and almost frail. She was wearing only hospital scrubs, and was tethered into the machine with metal shackles on her wrists, ankles, and one over her stomach. Electrodes had been placed all over her, particularly around her arms and head. Long black hair framed a gentle face, and her small frame looked malnourished. Currently she was unconscious, and her chest moved up and down in small and shallow breaths. She had likely passed out from whatever pain the labcoats had been giving her earlier. As the shackles were removed and she was lifted out of the machine, crumpled wings with crooked feathers, pressed together from being squished for so long, could be seen on her back. It was a beautiful pattern of mottled browns, like that of a falcon.
Jamarco finally finds a small light and quickly crawls towards the light, kicking the vent cover off and crawling out. The boy was covered in dust but he was right down the hall from where he could hear some voices. He quickly recognized the voice of the young man from before and he runs over to the room, peering inside. He sees the young man as well as a few new faces and he smiles, glad to finally see a friendly person. "Okay, I've freed as many as I can. I ran into a little trouble, but otherwise, I'm okay." Jamarco shakes his head to get rid of the dust and looks at the girl in the capsule, intrigued. "Is that the girl you needed to get to?"

The owl boy looked back at Jamarco and Riya, the white coats now under his control,"I think it's her." he stated, walking over to the group, patting Jamarco's shoulder,"Good job on getting them out of the cages, now we just need to get out of this place." he stated, looking at the small girl that Riya was assisting out of the capsule,"..She's so tiny..What were they doing to her..?" he mumbled.

He shook his head, these were questions to be asked later, when they were safe, he then looked at Riya,"Thanks for backing me up." he nodded, the young man stared at the white coats that weren't under his control,"How's it feel? That feeling in your chest? Hard to breathe right? That's what we endured for years..Not knowing if we were gonna die." he helped carry the small girl,"..You're only getting a small taste of it." with those words he turned to his minions,"Beat them down, don't stop until security ties you down.."

His minions got up and began to walk over to the whitecoats, the owl boy turned to Jamarco,"Take us to the group you freed, we're getting out of here together." he stated simply before glancing at Riya,"Feel like joining in?" he asked.

Riya turned to see another one of them as she got the small girl out of the capsule. She guessed he was someone else who had helped in this whole endeavor. "Getting out of here will be the easy part." She said. She watched the boy set his minions upon the whitecoats. "Yeah sure. But do you have any idea of where we can go once we're out of here?" She asked. "Getting out isn't going to do much if we're just going to end up getting caught instantly."

"Where? I've only starting seeing things for the past 20 minutes. I hardly know anything about the outside. I didn't even have a plan until our little friend there starting talking to me." The young man said, crossing his arms,"Once we get out of here, we just fly. And keep flying until we find a place that's safe..Maybe go in random directions to throw of any possible trackers."

He then turned away to start heading for the exit," You guys don't need to follow me by the way, once we're out of here you can go wherever you want, doesn't mean anything to me."
Jamarco nods and brushes his hair from his face, taking a moment to wave at Riya with a friendly smile on his face. "Hey, My name is Jamarco. They should be getting to the exit by now, they seemed pretty determined to get out of here. I'll see if I can find them, c'mon!" As he walked with Drake, he thought about what the young man had said. While it was true that he wanted freedom, he didn't know a lot about the world. His entire knowledge of life outside of the School was based on him interacting with tourists and the boy knew that the world wasn't full of easy lives like the one he lived. The thought of being alone in an unknown land frightened him. Jamarco didn't want to be a pet anymore, to always have to depend on someone. But he just wasn't ready for that kind of life, he rationalized. Besides, he liked the other male; he was dependable, very leader-like, and working with him just felt right for some reason. "You know what?" He pipes up as they make their way towards their lives as free beings. "I think I'll stick with you, man. I trust your judgment and I'll help you with whatever you need." Jamarco know that he sounded like a small child, but he did trust the young man's judgment much more than he trusted his own.
Antero Perez (played by CoyBoat275)

The tall boy was wandering the halls, trying to figure out what was happening, ¨Hey sir? Do you know why everything is going crazy?¨ he said to a white coat knocked out, lying on the ground. He bent over and poked him, ¨He´s asleep. Typical.¨ he continued to walk to the exit, soon meeting up with another, ¨Hmm? Ahoy there!¨ he said waving down the group heading for the exit, ¨You guys know whats happening? This place is going nuts!¨

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Maximum Ride RP (closed RP)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus