Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Maximum Ride RP (closed RP)

Xyla Kailani (played by 8TigerBunnyTora) Topic Starter

She looked up at Valerius, somewhat put off by the formal diction that she had used. It reminded her a lot about how the labcoats talked. Formal and almost dry in their words. If anything, she would've taken the older girl's hand much sooner had she not been somewhat unsettled by the simple sentence. Ayura hesitated for a long time before she took Val's hand at last, watching her carefully. There was some uncertainty in that upward-turned, chocolate gaze but eventually she averted her eyes, allowing Val to assist just a little bit with the balance.

She glanced over at Erion, nodding. "I can help if we stay together… if there's a real guard then they won't see us. But cameras… I can't help that… if there's cameras we'll just have to sneak past them." She shrugged.

"..l-let's go already…"
Valerius (played by Storm_Hazel)

She held the child's hand with minimal strength so as not to hurt her or to have any more contact than needed. Valerius, after making sure Ayura was situated and wouldn't collapse, turned to the others. "Lead the way."

The brunette was ready to disembark, her own leathery bat wings tucked close to her back underneath her plain white t-shirt the Lab-coats had provided, slits in it in case they needed to come out. She knew how to fly, but just barely. The scientists often tested if she could sleep upside-down like how her animal counterpart did, and should she fall from such heights, injuries would befall her. It was like a mother bird throwing its young out of the nest to teach them, except to the extreme. It took many broken bones before Val figured how to work her extra appendages to a satisfactory level.
Drake Blade (played by CrimsonWolfGod)

The owl-boy stopped when Ayura mentioned she could cover them, narrowing his eyes a bit, he examined her form and the amount of strength it took just for her to talk. If she used her powers on so many people it could only make her worse.

At least, those were his thoughts,"I'll be fine without your cover. You guys can stick close, I'll stay ahead. If I see anything it'll give you time to go around while I distract." He turned his attention forward but not before giving Erion a glance. The kids attitude toward him was not unnoticed, nor cared for. For the time being, the owl left Ayura in his hands.
Erion the Scattered Wing (played by jpdelta)

Erion nodded to the owl, "Thank you we'll be right behind you. Come on." He flexed his wings again and readied to follow him. "We will need to avoid major roads and trails. See if we can find a car maybe, I can wire it." He looked to Valerius, "Take good care of her, I'll cover you as best I can. " He looked behind them and tensed, "I think I hear someone, we need to get moving, now."

The bat-hybrid nodded once, following them at a pace Ayura could keep up with relatively easily. She kept her ears focused on the noise, not able to judge the distance to the mile like how she would if she used her echolocation; however, who's to say the Lab-coats didn't have sonar detecting devices? That would royally screw them over if they did, so Valerius would have to make rough estimates instead. 90% of her attention was homed in onto the task of tracking their pursuers' progress, while 5% was on sticking close to the others, and the last 5% to Ayura.

Who was closing in? By the sound of the heavy footsteps, rapid heartbeats, and panting, most likely Erasers. How many? If she had to guess, possibly a little under half a dozen. By the way they weren't charging quite yet, it was safe to assume they had yet to catch their scents, but that could change should the wind not be forgiving and shift.

The owl noticed the small panic from the group but kept his calm. If the enemies were near it would be best he pretended not to know. Although he couldn't help but inwardly smirk.

More white coat lackies to beat on, he was a bit excited. Stretching his wings, owl-boy picked up his pace,"Come on..Come on.." he mumbled to himself.

This would be a good opportunity to see what the rest of the group was made of. A display of their abilities, what they would prioritize. He was sure Ayura would be properly protected, given her ability.

As the others made glances he let his instincts lash out, his hand grabbing and adequate stone, and from his pant loop he produced a thin wire from a computer which he rapped one end to his hand. A hungry look filled his eye, a hunger for a coming fight. He could hear the erasers for sure now, they'd be on them in a matter of time, so he leaned down a bit next to Valerius and whispered, "These guys are going to be on use in a moment, I'm going to get them off use, you take Ayura and don't look back."
He prayed she would listen to him and keep going, and not see the carnage that was about to rain down. With that he stepped into the undergrowth off the path and hid behind tree, rapping the wire into a loop and holding the stone in his other palm.

Val turned her golden gaze down to the young avian girl, an apologetic look in her eyes. "I'm going to pick you up to fly better. I know being touched is.. undesirable, but to move swiftly, I need to fly."

Not waiting for her to protest, the teen scooped up the child in her arms and let her wings unfold themselves from their prison of fabric. The thinness of them made the setting sunlight easy to see the veins inside their 16-foot span. Giving them a couple test flaps, Valerius jumped and fought to gain altitude, but stayed under the tree branches.

Sure, it was dangerous to be flapping large wings around tree limbs that had the potential to rip apart the membranes of the only thing keeping the two above the ground, but since the light from day was dimming significantly, the experiment's eyesight was already increasing in sharpness. Not to mention how acrobatic bats can be.

The owl boy raised an eyebrow when he noticed the strange phenomenon happening around Erion but said nothing as he began to flap his wings. Keeping himself a few inches off the ground, his hands balled into tight fists, scanning the area for enemies. His heart kept racing, excited to use his powers again, he loved controlling the White coats and anyone on their side, it was his own feeling of justice.

"Don't hold back." He stated clearly, not bothering to look at Erion.

"Where are they--?" Ayura looked back in her haste, her senses reaching out all around them to scan for any minds in the area that she could sleight--only to release a small yelp, suddenly getting dizzy as her sensory reach was interrupted by the sudden and unexpected movement of Val picking her up.

It took her a few moments to understand what was going on as she took a moment to reorient herself and ease away from the nausea of the interruption. "H-huh...? What..." she shook her head, snapping herself back into gear, suddenly twisting in Val's grasp. "Wh-what're you doing? If I stayed back there, they'd head right past us! They wouldn't see, hear, or even smell us! I can lay a false trail of our scent and we didn't have to leave them--!"

"I was told to keep you safe. Doing such a thing would have weakened your already strained body, would it not?" Valerius didn't spare her a glance, too concentrated on weaving through the trees at as fast as a speed she could maintain safely, but still kept a good grasp on the girl. She was much stronger than she looked, after all. "Besides, the other guy said he had it handled. To interrupt his plans, whatever the hell that is, would likely result in his injury, and that of anyone who is to pop in between him and the Erasers."

Her speech patterns wavered from formal to informal, as she wasn't concentrating how how she talked at the moment. "But, should you want to help them out, feel free to try and reach their minds to keep tabs on their progress. If they gets into a sticky situation, we will turn back. Sound reasonable to you?"

As the first Eraser moved to go pass the tree, Erion's body went into an over drive. Erion was at least a quarter size smaller then the beast man, but that was the thing with ravens, they were bold little ****ers, and for good reason. When he was younger peering from a crack in the foundation of his old home, he'd watched a raven a quarter of the size of a great Dane, fight off a great Dane attacking its fallen young.
(this part might be disturbing, but it's the nature of Erion's character)
The wire wrapped around its neck as he yanked slamming the Eraser into the tree, blood exploding from the nose. Following was the stone quickly driven into the throat. From a young age, Erion had violent tendencies, they been written off as the young strong willed male. It was something else, he knew how to fight, but fight to the death, every time he threw a punch his body pushed him to make that punch a killing blow. His flight or fight instincts were always striving to stay and battle it out. It was like an addiction, a bloody addiction, and he loved it.
The next one came straight for his shoulder, he dropped and it struck its gagging brother. He quickly slashed the stone into its tenant, a howl of pain went up, he was down. Two more jumped on him, they pinned him down, there teeth bared as he wiggled. He did something unexpected, he leaped forward surprising them and bit the first one, hard. It howled slapping to get him off, he responded with a blow from his freed arm, slamming into his eardrum repeatedly till he was off then went for the second. He grabbed at its jugular as it realized what was happening, and pulled back. Seconds later he stepped from the chocking man beast and jumped on its stunned ally, he grabbed a stone hitting it over the back of the head till it didn't even twitch anymore. He got up panting and turned to the one laying, its ankles slashed to the point it would never walk again without extreme surgery. It was no threat but in the back of his mind, something said finish it, and minutes later after the sounds of gurgled screaming, he emerged a whipping his hands off on a bloody shirt he ripped from the Eraser.
He smiled a bit then throwing the cloth to the ground began to fly after the others, away from the bath of gore. Such a scene was the reason the scientist had chained him the way he did, why the guard had beat him, finding that he done similar to the batch of defenseless scientist.

The owl-boy simply watched, he was impressed, the raven-child was merciless. He made sure to commit this to memory, a good person to have on his side. But a dangerous enemy.

"Don't be selfish.." he mumbled, seeing another pack of Eraser's dart past the trees,"..I'm here too!" he yelled, using his power to pull on of the Eraser's a safe distance to him, noticing their eyes were covered,"Guess the doctor warned you guys about me..! Funny!" he couldn't help but chuckle, ripping the protective gear off and locking eyes,"Go kill your friends..!" he ordered, the Eraser's body drooped as the command registered before it was thrown to the ground, where it immediately picked up speed to attack it's allies.

Meanwhile, the mind manipulator threw his hands forward, breaking apart the trees in front of him and lifting them in the air, revealing both Erasers and soldiers, surprised at this move,"I was never a fan of hide and seek!" he said, flying in the air as he broke the trees apart and aimed the peices at his opponents,"I have always wanted to try this..!" he smirked, firing the peices at his enemies, now dealign with both a rogue Eraser and wooden bullets. Their bloodied screams echoed in the woods as the owl turned to look in the direction that the crow flew and then in the direction Val and Ayura were supposed to fly,"..Five minutes. I'll watch him for five minutes before getting out."

Fweee!

A bullet just barley grazed his arm as he looked down to see another soldier hiding behind the remaining trees behind him,"..Better make it seven.." he growled, aiming his hand at the soldier and ripping away the gun, throwing it miles away before landing in front of him,"Too scared to fight a kid hand-to-hand?"

The soldier glared,"You aint no kid! Yer a damned science experiment! A monster! All of you!" he yelled, pulling out a pistol and firing, only to stare in shock as they slowed to a stop in front of the young man, who simply gave him an empty look.

"...I'm getting really tired of being called that.." he mumbled, slowly turning the bullets around with a slow twist of his fingers, watching the man take a step back,"..Bang.."

With a flick, the projectiles pierced into the soldier, his body spasming before collapsing to the ground, motionless. The owl-boy rubbed his head and sighed,"..Think I over did it?" he asked himself,"..Nah. Nah I think I handled it pretty well."

Stretching his wings, he began to fly to the crow to begin his observation.

Ayura twisted in Val's grip. "My reach can only go so far!" Though after the first few moments of thrashing, they were probably already well-away from where the combat was happening. She allowed herself to go limp in the other girl's arms, tucking in her wings so that they weren't dragging back and getting sore. However, she seemed a little pouty.

"If I was there, the Erasers wouldn't be able to see or smell us at all, and they'd have to head in another direction," she murmured, crossing her arms. She didn't seem to be bothered by the fact that she could be dropped onto the ground any moment. He huffed, crossing her arms. "What's the point of being the one who initiated all of us getting out if I can't even help?" she huffed in some measure of annoyance.

"You can help us by resting," Valerius answered. "If you pushed yourself now, who's to say it would not cause irreversible damage to your being? It'd do us a lot of good to have you healthy and happy, as is the same for the entirety of the group. We'll be better equipped to handle those mutts that way..."

She trailed off, nose catching the scent of the mixture of Eraser and human blood on the wind, making her slow her pace, a slight shiver going down her spine. She had already been fed before the escape, of course, but that was a few hours ago now, and here she was exerting her energy by flying. Think of it like coming home from a restaurant, taking a nap for a few hours, then waking up to someone baking your favorite dessert, and you can smell it all the way from your bedroom. It took all of the bat-hybrid's willpower not to turn herself around. If her eyes were red, the ravenette certainly couldn't tell.

"As I said," she mumbled, highly distracted by her battle with her instincts. "It would be best if we waited the conflict out for now.."

He quickly caught up to Valerius and Ayura, "were good to go, Drake is handling the rest so we have nothing to worry about now. How are you two holding up?" He quickly wiped off the left over blood, trying to hide his darker nature from them both. He couldn't let them know what a monster he really was, better that way anyway.

The owl had managed to find the crow minutes before he had found Ayura and Valerius, landing in between the branches of nearby trees. Clearly, the crow wasn't as weak as he seemed, in fact, he was merciless. Any soldier that entered his range was quickly eliminated, Eraser's were cut into pieces.
Near the end, few of the bodies were unrecognizable, the other's simply lay broken on the ground. The horned owl -hybrid lay in hiding until the Crow flew away.

"Dangrous.." he mumbled, an interested glint shining in his eyes,"..But useful.." before he flew away, he stopped to look at the corpses. His eyes becoming cold as he stared at the grave,"..They'll either learn to leave us alone..Or fear us.." he whispered, landing on the ground below.

About twenty or so minutes later, he finally caught up to the group, only slowing down for a moment,"Let's go. We're done here." he said simply.

Ayura was pouting, crossing her arms rather cutely with averted eyes. However, if anyone made a comment about it now it certainly was not going to end well. It was frustrating to know that at least for the time being, she was more or less useless. Her range only went so far, and that reach was hindered even more by the fact that she couldn't fly, despite having wings. So frustrating. She had never used her wings before, being experimented on as a mine of data because of her abilities instead.

However, she didn't say anything. No use of complaining now. After all, the whole chaos and breakout of the laboratory had been her own instigation that had been fruitful. She didn't need to prove to the others that she was useful. She didn't...hmph.

"Let's go then," she murmured, though she was still in Val's grasp, not really having a choice in the matter either way.

Nodding, Valerius bit her lip, careful not to break her pale skin with her incisors. If those two didn't wash off that blood soon.. Clearing her throat lightly to try and catch Drake's and Erion's attention, the bat teen spoke.

"I think it would be best if.. we took a quick splash in a source of water. It'll wash away the blood before it starts to chafe your skin and become irritable. Plus, it will amount to be one less burden for Ayu to not have to cover our scent. The mutts won't be able to track us nearly as well that way."

In all honesty, however, the brunette wished they'd agree for her sake as well as their own. Some blood, she could handle, but this much? Even with a full belly, it would be a gamble to take that risk. She didn't trust herself in the slightest.

He sighed looking at Ayura, the girl was a worrisome one, she didn't understand, but she understood it better then most. He nodded to Valerius, he understood, his senses were concentrated in his ears, but the poor bat had much stronger scent, she could probably smell every drop of blood. Blood didn't phase him but her, he could only imagine. "Yea of course, as soon as I'm able to I'll clean up."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Maximum Ride RP (closed RP)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus