Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Maximum Ride RP (closed RP)

Drake Blade (played by CrimsonWolfGod)

The owl- hybrid ignored Angelo, he didn't beleive him to be worth the effort. He was more interested in the Bat-hybrid, never seeing her kind before (although, technically he hasn't really 'seen' anything in the recent years).

"At least one of you can do something." He mumbled,"Right then. I don't know about you guys but I'm not planning on sticking around for long. I only landed to make sure this one would be alright." He stated, hinting to Ayuraime.
Erion the Scattered Wing (played by jpdelta)

He groaned as he slowly gestured to his broken wing, "it-it's shattered I'm sure, and my right ribs are maybe broken. Beyond -cough- I haven't a clue." He panted, now out of breath from talking. But he thought he was safe so the pain was dulled by his hope.
Valerius (played by Storm_Hazel)

"I agree, but we can't just move him until we're sure he's fit to do so." Val gestured to the hurt hybrid's wing. "Do you mind if I take a look at it? I won't cause you any pain."

She had to know exactly where the broken bones were in order to try and reset them in place before she could attempt to make a splint to prevent further damage. That is, if the bones weren't ground into dust particles in any places. If that was the case, then he would definitely need to seek medical attention from a trained professional, but who would be willing to assist escaped experiments other than the Lab-Coats already after them?

He groaned as she examined the wing but he looked less pale slowly, "if we can get my injuries handled," he coughed a trickle of saliva spilling out his lip now, he breathed trying to get his breath back "I could travel." He thanked Val quickly for her help, "but I can advice a way out of here. I um," he gulped remembering how he'd gained the info, "I overheard a rumor about how part of the sensor grid is down to the east of here, they would know where we'd gone exactly."
Xyla Kailani (played by 8TigerBunnyTora) Topic Starter

Ayura bit her lip, averting her eyes. She'd taken some time to adjust to the presence of other people whilst everyone's attention was trained on Erion. It was so strange, being in the company of others now. The simulations had come with the saddening conditioning that other people, real or not, were often her enemy. However, it did come to mind the idea that she had reached out to that boy in order to get out of here. Also, these people here didn't really seem that bad...? Listless, somewhat confused, unsure of what direction to take, but honestly she felt the same way, and everyone here had just gotten out of that terrible place. She couldn't blame them for what they were feeling.

She looked up at them. "Th-there might...be something I can do," her small voice wavered. She definitely seemed to be the smallest, and the youngest, out of all of them. The simulations had shown her things that were out here, in the real world. At least in theory. Was the real world the same, though? "B-but I don't think it's a good idea in the long run...just until we can find somewhere a bit...safer," she shrugged vaguely. She had taken Erion's comment to heart about the grid and was suddenly set on making it off.

"I could probably...numb the pain, at least enough so that you can move and be moved without a problem," she bit her lip. "But, if you're not careful, you'll just hurt yourself more..."

Erion nodded to her, "that be wonderful thank you." He had sudden flash of memory's his eyes dashed around the crowd, his mind having a play. He suddenly giggled a little, his memories were, he fell silent again blushing a bit realizing he had.
Angelo (played by Jangel13)

He listened as they started to talk about finding a safe place to go and the injured one saying that going a certain direction wouldn't work. Angelo didn't know how he could help when they were in the wilderness like this his abilities only worked when he was around electricity. He then said "I think we should find a city. I can control electricity and make things much easier for us." At least he assumed, after all he wasn't sure if the outside world was filled with rubber but he had to at least seem useful to them.

Val didn't understand some of the words that the group was using. What in the world was a city, and how would that benefit them in any way? All she knew for sure was that wildlife would be their friend and ally in this situation. The cover of trees, caves, and convenience of flowing water to wash away their scents should Erasers be on their tail when they had to travel via the ground. After all, sometimes, flying in the sky wasn't always the best of options.

The laughing of the hurt boy caught her attention. She tilted her head to one side like a curious pup, her goldish eyes trained on him.

"Why're you laughing?"

His mind sped up, excuses were not his strong suit, hell communication wasn't his strong suit. But he had to cover, "oh nothing really, uh, it's just been nearly, oh I don't know how long it's been. But I'm out, and it seems like I have an actual chance to get free, to go home. It's all so much and well I just had to a momentary laugh."

The bat-hybrid struggled to find accurate words to form her next sentence. "...You had one of those before, a 'home', outside of the School?" That concept was foreign to her mind as it seemed even the Lab-Coats lived in the facility, always working and running tests or just monitoring the cameras and security feeds in the compound that had been a constricting prison to all the escaped experiments that once resided in it.

Ayura looked between the others, not quite sure what to make of the exchange. The simulations when it came to the studies of her power had maybe, just maybe, prepared her for what would exist in the outside world. Hopefully she would be able to be of some help to the others regarding this...at least, this was under the assumption that those simulations were telling the truth about the world. At the same time, she acknowledged that it was likely to be tainted by whatever the labcoats had been trying to teach her or find out.

"I'm not sure that's what it is," she murmured as she edged towards Erion on her hands and knees. Technically she would be able to do her work from where she was, but this gave her a chance to get a better look at everyone's faces. "But now that we're out, what's stopping us from finding a place that we can make our home...right?"

Erion would feel something of a shudder race along his skin, like a gust of wind had taken a physical form, before the pain in his side began to recede from a debilitating agony to a dull throb.

He smiled, "yes, oh it was a wonderful place, it wasn't very big, but a home doesn't need to be big, it just needs to be well... well I can't remember. It's been so long." He had a blissful look for a moment, but then he jumped as he felt the ripple. But as the pain vanished he smiled, "OH?! That was very strange, but thank you, that will help a lot."

The owl boy raised an eyebrow, why we're these people talking about making a home? It would be best if Students just stayed on the move. Haven't they been trapped in a place enough already? Why confine to another one? He simply shook his head,"Whatever. You..!" He said looking at Erion,"Good to walk? Fly? If so then I don't see a reason to stick around." He glanced at Ayura.

"And you..I still don't know what your deal is..Im not gonna force you to come with me. In all honesty, I dont care what you guys do. But, if you do then I'll protect you. Hopefully you'll remember some stuff and then you can go solo." He made sure he was very clear with his words.

The owl-boy didn't want or need anyone slowing him down. And the idea of creating a home seemed too dangerous in his mind.

"He's right," Val agreed, gesturing with her head slightly to Drake. "But we do need to find different shelters while traveling. What would happen should we try to sleep, and we get ambushed by Eraser dogs? As much as the thought bugs me, we can't fly 24/7."

Her eyes glanced at the sky beyond the tree branches and leaves, sensitive eyes squinting at the harsh light of the setting sun. Who knows how long they've been here? Doesn't matter. It was too long, in her opinion. "Speaking of those mutts, perhaps we should save this discussion for another time? I don't hear them, but they must be combing the area for any signs of the experiments, no?"

He stood slowly steadying himself for a moment then nodded, "I can walk, but I don't think its wise for me to try to fly. And this place as aerial surveillance, and air to ground weapons, most non-lethal. We take to the air we'll be caught in no time. We'll be dragged back under ground, and we'll never get free again."
He looked to the owl, "and I don't plan to stay there, it just be nice to see what happened, pay respects to my friends and family." He nodded to Val, "though I agree with you, it can't be long for they start streaming in. Like i said a East of here, a sensor grid has been shut down. If we head that way we can get away with them having less chance to track us down. But what once we get clear of that, we should be good to fly for the most part."
He placed a hand on Ayura's shoulder, "don't worry though, I think we may be able to actually pull this off. In all my years here, I've never heard of such an escape, and I bet none of them have either. That's our biggest advantage. But I'll do my best to protect use all." He smiled at her. He could feel his wounds healing quickly, this girl was probably the only reason he'd survive.

The owl-boy sighed,"Do whatever you want. Though I doubt your family will want your respects, it's your choice in the end." He stated simply, beginning to walk to the down grid.

"And we will pull this off. I refuse to be tied up and blinded again..I won't let that happen."

His tone had a hint of fear buried within, although he did his best to hide it. He couldn't help but glance back at Ayu and the others, still trying to gauge them. Ayu he felt he could somewhat trust, she seemed innocent enough and it was because of her that he managed to break out. Erion seemed to be a weak link, but that was to be determined later. Various so far had been on the same page as him and she seemed capable. Angelo..He still wasn't sure their attitudes may clash often.

He also wondered if any of them saw him use his powers during the escape, of course he couldn't help it if they did but he preferred to keep his abilities hidden for now.

"Will you guys hurry up?"

He winced at the owls harsh words, he knew the man didn't understand his life, but god he was agitating him. But even worse, he worried that he was right, that his family had lost any care of there avian son. In the back of his head, something pulled, a rage, telling the owl to be silent, telling him to lash out, saying Drake was like the grays and the coats. He was a threat to freedom.

But he held his toung, and held his fists, "No one wants to go back, so that's why we need to get moving. And trust me, I know all to well what its like." He remembered the helmet they left on at all times, blocking out sound, light and, smells. They had originally kept a cover on his mouth to feed him, but after he bit through it and almost... His mind flashed with images of blood on the ground of the lab, he shook his head. They knew how dangerous he'd become, and they knew how valuable he could be, so they'd done everything to make sure he'd stay put. Until they'd made a mistake. That was all it took, and he was now free.

Ayura stood to her feet, quite shakily, having to use a tree to help her stand. How long had it been since the last time she had actually stood on her own two feet? She was a small girl, and as she hadn't used her wings in so long, they'd probably be in a similar state. Admittedly, she didn't even know how to fly, and she couldn't help but wonder if the others did.

She shook out her legs until she gained a little more strength to them, then managed to wobble her way off the tree, like a newborn deer standing for the first time. A little gangly, a little awkward, and it would improve with practice. "I-if we all stay together, I can make sure that nobody can see us."

The brunette teen hesitated before approaching Ayura. She didn't want to frighten the small child, or make her run, but it seemed she might need some assistance until the young girl would be able to find her strength. Almost like how Val hadn't been able to move during that week they ran that.. horrible experiment. She was so starved that she couldn't move a pinky, let alone stand on her own. Seeing her in such a state made her furious. Just what, exactly, were those humans capable of doing to one so small? It sickened the experiment to her core.

Valerius offered her a gentle smile, holding out a hand as though trying to coax a cat into letting her touch its fur. If she was denied, the teen would back off. She didn't like to be touched, and she was sure most -if not all- of the others didn't either.

"Do you require assistance?" she asked in her hushed, echo-y voice, rough from years of only being used to scream, wail, and beg.

He smiled at Valerius, offering her hand to the young child. He remembered when he was young and he'd hid in the basement for so many years. His parents fearing what would happen if people discovered his wings. And when there was no other choice, and people learned, he was accepted. But in the first day he emerged from his basement, he'd had to crawl. His skin had been pale, his wings frail shriveled sticks. His legs had barely been functional, he looked like a polio survivor.

But this girl, she had gone through experiment after experiment, and now she could even try to stand was impressive. "If you think you could cover use all, that would be great." He looked to his wings and flexed them a bit, testing them, he couldn't fly long and far, but he could make at least a few miles.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Maximum Ride RP (closed RP)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus