Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Maximum Ride RP (closed RP)

Xyla Kailani (played by 8TigerBunnyTora) Topic Starter

"Nn...not really," Ayura murmured apologetically, shaking her head a little. "Well, at least, nothing that I know for sure is real..." She looked down at the ground, shaking a little as if she feared some sort of retribution for not being able to answer their questions satisfactorily. "There are...some things I think I know, from the simulations, but..." she trailed off into murmurs, though it was a bit more than obvious she was getting more and more worked up the more she spoke.

She covered her face with her hands. "I'm sorry...I got scared...they were going to put me down today, and I-I--"
Drake Blade (played by CrimsonWolfGod)

The owl-boy cautiously approached Ayura, placing a hand on her shoulder,"Uh..There..There..?" He mumbled, he wasn't used to comforting people.

"You're safe now. Nobody is gonna hurt you, maybe things will come back to you in time, until then just be happy you're out of that place." He said.
Antero Perez (played by CoyBoat275)

Antero nodded smiling, "That place was insane anyhow. I couldn't imagine why they would do that to us. All of the testing, it was unbearable." he looked to the direction of the school, though it was out of view, "But... The real question is why? What were they trying to acomplish with this?" he said looking back to the others.
Valerius (played by Storm_Hazel)

Not far from the other three experiments, a teenage girl walked around the area. She had short, wavy hair the color of dark chocolate and gold-ish brown eyes like new bronze with a fresh coat of polish over the top. Her clothes consisted of plain baby blue scrub pants and a white T-shirt without shoes.

She had fled the School in the riot, having been freed by a boy with brilliant blue wings, unlike her own leathery ones folded against her back. The teen had no idea what caused such an uproar, but would not stay, not after the latest tests they've put her through.

At the moment, she was following the sounds of talking, having no other directive or direction to head in. Hopefully, it wasn't Erasers, but their tone didn't sound like the harsh barks of said wolf-hybrids.. Once she was close enough to see the group, the pale female peeked through some bushes, fascinated with the feeling of the leaves on her arms, grass under her feet, and wind on her face.

She let out a soft sigh.

So this was what it's like to be outside of that godforsaken building.. I didn't even know there was an outside world.
Jamarco was hanging upside down by his toes on a nearby tree, letting the sweet-smelling wind flow through his short hair. When he was captured the second time he thought that he would never see the outside world again. Now that he had been liberated once more, it felt like visiting an old friend. Once he had been taught how to read, the tan-skinned boy had learned a lot about world history, especially about a place called the United States. Many people from that land visited the restaurant that he worked at and he was often educated about the sacrifices and struggles that had to be fought in order to maintain freedom. Jamarco remembered seeing a phrase that appeared very often: Live Free or Die. As the West Indian boy enjoyed his liberty from being treated as a house pet and a trophy, he decided to make that a sort of mantra for his life from now on. He wasn't going back to the School, life as a free man was much too exciting. So many happy memories, so many colors to see, so many tastes and smells, so many flashy stars in his vision...

Whoops, Jamarco thinks to himself as he let's himself fall, landing on his feet. The avian hybrid let the blood retreat from his head before he made his way back to the group, smiling when he saw the formerly incapacitated girl moving again. "Ah, nice to see that you're awake! Do ya feel good? Need some water or something to eat?"
Erion the Scattered Wing (played by jpdelta)

Erion slowly stumbled up the stairs, his finger was broken and twisted, he had a ripped shirt and blue thin pants that had a splotch of blood on it. His left ear rang and was probably bleeding, he couldn’t feel it but his right ear could hear someone up ahead. His left wing twitched with a sickly movement and is clearly broken, looking up tears streak his bloodshot eyes. He stumbled out the door and his foot touched the earth, his eyes widening and a sigh leaving his lips, he stumbled further he heard something.
He could hear voices as he collapsed to his knee, “help,” he’d narrowly escaped the grey nearly beaten him to death finding that he’d escaped his restraints, he’d shot the man in return. But now he was out, his freedom was in his hands, but now he was sure he was dying, or he was overreacting, that happened sometimes.
He called again as the pain drove him to the ground, “HELP!!!” Tears began to run, he pulled himself towards the voices he could see someone further ahead but if they saw him. He’d never been so scared, he’d felt fear of course, when he’d first seen blood he’d almost had a mental breakdown, that’s what the Whites had said. From there’s he’d slowly lost the need to fear as it was overrun with the drive to escape, and a time late he’d tasted the fresh air and kneeled in soft grass, and he felt joy, and again he felt the same grass he could swear he was in the same spot as before. Before being dragged back through the doors of course.
But now he felt fear, because he could see freedom again, he could see beyond these sterile walls, beyond the black head restraint that kept him still. He saw the sky, he saw the trees, he saw the grass, he felt the wind and it was gentle. And it seemed to be fading quickly, “please don’t leave me.” He didn’t know who he called to, they could be greys, they could beat and drag him back again, but at this point he just wanted to live. He whimpered as he curled into a ball, his face touching the grass it stung, and all he could do was hope for some mercy “please help me, I swear I surrender.”

"Why? Who knows when it comes to those stupid labcoats," Ayura kept her head down as she responded to Antero's question in a small murmur. "They don't make any sense. They're always going on about how 'valuable' things are and then taking measures to get rid of it..."

Suddenly, her breath paused as her chin lifted a notch. There were other presences here, other minds. She could feel them, she could--

Before she could react any more, she jumped a little with somewhat of a squeak when she heard Jamarco's voice. There was another new face. In her poor experience, new faces didn't always bode well for her. She almost tripped suddenly getting to her feet and backing away, flaring her brown-mottled wings in a threatened manner, heart suddenly pumping again with a fight-or-flight response. To Jamarco's and Valerius' eyes, she promptly vanished from sight.

Valerius blinked her eyes in confusion, her head tilting this way and that to try and understand what she saw, or lack thereof. That little child just vanished, poof! Not being allowed around a lot of other experiments save Erasers, she had little knowledge on their abilities and such. It was an odd sight, not being able to see something. Maybe this was what the Lab-Coats felt like with their limited sight capabilities.
Angelo (played by Jangel13)

Their was one thing Angelo felt above anything else, bored. Oh don't worry Angelo felt angry and cheated as well but it was the endless monotony of doing the same test over and over and over again and hoping for a different result. He did rebel a few times but they made sure Angelo felt pain for doing so. His white wings were nearly as white as the labcoats and he despised that fact. He was starving since they decided that Angelo didn't give good results on his last test.

The guards that had Angelo were smart knowing he could control electricity they made sure to wear things that could withstand electricity like rubber boots and the like. When the riot started however he was given a chance since they were transporting him back to his room as guard came by carrying walkie talkies Angelo then used their batteries and made them explode in their pockets seriously wounding them. It was Angelo's favorite trick when he first figured out about his powers.

When they were dealing with their wounds Angelo was able to get free from his bindings by grabbing the combat knife one of the guards were carrying and he cut the ropes. He then ran as fast as he could not knowing which way was an exit but anywhere was better then staying. He wanted to see what was behind these white sterile walls! He kept running until he found an exit and ran out unfluring his wings and flying out. He was hungry and thirsty and couldn't go far so he looked for anywhere he could rest. He soon found that place and noticed that their were other like him nearby. He flew down and said "lucky for a riot weren't we? Hi I'm Angelo" he said with a wave thinking it was better to make friends with his fellow experiments. He immediatly trust them over any normal human any day.

He felt a little flustered after she called them stupid, but he hid his frustration, "Hey hey. Come on, I'm sure they felt bad doing this. I mean, they arnt all heartless monsters." he turned around and saw the three new faces, "Oh, hello there! Nice too meet you Angelo. I'm Antero, this here is Ayu, and Drake." he said with a smile, "I'm guessing we all made out of the school huh? That's good. We should stick together. There is safety in numbers."

Valerius, otherwise known as #214503, shrunk a little further into the bushes she was hiding in. There were quite a few experiments now, and despite having just been fed before the riot broke out, she didn't want to greet them out of habit. Who knows? They could get hungry at any given time; however, it didn't appear as though any of them had the same type of teeth that she did. Perhaps they were different species? Fruit bats was a possibility, yet that didn't explain their odd fur on their wings, nor the vivid blue of one of the experiments'.

As the bat-hybrid moved further into the brush, leaves and branches rustled, making the teen inwardly cringe at the noise. Even a human could have been capable of picking up that sound from this distance, if only faintly.

He heard the noise coming from the bushes and looked over, "Hold that thought, you guys hear that?" he walked over and crouched down, looking through the bushes, "Hey, hello? Anyone in there?" he asked in a clam voice, not to scare whoever was there.

Erion could hear them still, so he wasn't dead, he prayed he wasn't insane then. He pulled himself forward, his breath all gone just hoping at this point they'd just see him. But now he could see they were like him, hybrids, winged men and women, this lifted his spirits his uninjured wing flapped, slapping the ground and branches trying to attract there attention.
Drake Blade (played by CrimsonWolfGod)

"The hell is Drake..?" The owl hybrid asked, shooting a confused look at Antero before he stared at the new comers, he assumed a majority of the other students had gone their own way, but it seems there were some stragglers..Great..

Upon hearing the rustling in the bushes as well as a strange flapping of wings, he sighed,"Enough of this..Ayura You can relax around this guy.." he said giving a lazy point to Jamarco,"..He helped me bust you out, this one however.." he looked at Angelo, unlike tbe white winged student, the owl didnt trust other so easily, even if they were of the same kind,"..Just keep doing whatever yer doing."

With those words he made his way to the flapping sound to find Erion,"Huh..Guess not everyone made it out without a scratch.." he mumbled, crouching down,"You look like crap."
He gave an annoyed sigh before gently picking up the wounded Student and throwing them over his shoulder,"May as well join the group..Maybe one of these guys have some..healing power or something." He grumbled, making his way back, only to hear the snapping of twigs again.

"And to whoever else is out there. You suck at hiding..Just reveal yourself. You obviously don't wanna kill us or you'd have done it by now. Or just stay where you are forever, doesn't matter to me." He stated loudly, walking past the sounds.

As he neared Jamarco and the others, he placed the wounded Student against a tree,"So..This kid is messed up. And I don't heal people. Can anyone do that?" He asked looking around,"Well come on speak up, the quicker you fix him the quicker he can go on his way."

It was obvious the crowd was making him a bit tense, again he didn't know these people, he couldn't trust them. He wasn't even sure he could trust Ayuraime, Jamarco or Antero even if they escaped together.

He was honestly considering leaving on his own, despite his lack of knowledge of the outside world.

Seeing there was no point to it now, Val crept out of the bush. Her molten gold gaze flicked over the group to assess them all while she was closer. To Drake's question, she shook her head and gave a wispy 'no'. "I've only ever observed the medical Lab-Coats tend to my injuries after tests." She was very soft spoken, it seemed, which matched her mousy features and skiddish behavior.

Under normal circumstances, Valerius would've avoided the social interaction, but if she went off on her own right now, this close to the School, she might be found by security or Erasers, despite having flown for some time. The Lab-Coats were efficient when it came to hunting their escapees, and had told her many examples of punishments they give to the subjects once recaptured.

Ayura looked around at all of the new people, of which she had been completely invisible to. So long as they were all well within her range, she could stay hidden...at least, that was her instinctive, gut-kick mindset. The simulations had supposedly--supposedly being the key term--prepared her for what she would probably see outside the School, and though it had taken some time, she had carefully picked out the fact that there had been so many other people, experiments like her, who had their own special abilities. But that still didn't dispel the fear that they too might be still dangerous to some extent. The only one she really trusted right now was the one who'd helped set her free, and so long as he thought others were worth trusting, she would listen to him. After all, he'd saved her life. She couldn't imagine why he would do something to place her in harm's way.

She lifted the sensory veil from Jamarco, and in his eyes it looked as if she just shimmered into existence. But to Erion, Angelo, and Valerius, it looked to them like Antero was introducing no one, and that the other boy was speaking into thin air. She did cringe when he spoke her name aloud. Sensory manipulation would only work so far, but the more that Antero and the other boy were acknowledging her existence, the more that the fact that there was something there would be made more apparent to the other three new people. Eventually, there would be absolutely no point in hiding herself. And at the rate that things were going, there wouldn't be any point in hiding.

So, after a great amount of hesitation, she appeared to everyone present, and it looked to them that she had just materialized out of nowhere. Ayura was a frail girl, kneeling down on the ground, her mottled brown wings hovering protectively over her torso, of which a papery hospital-like dress was visible. "I can't, I'm sorry," her voice wavered a little. She looked over at him. She knew how it was like, to be in pain like that. "...I wish I could."
Angelo (played by Jangel13)

Angelo had smiled until he noticed the one called drake looked at him with what he could only describe as suspicion. Angelo crossed his arms as his wings bristled a bit in annoyance "well hi go you too" he said knowing he shouldn't be made that he wasn't trusted yet but they had to know that they were all on the same side. They were all experiments and went through hell in their own ways some more then most but that pain should connect them not make them suspicious of each other.

He watched as they introduced someone that wasn't their and it seemed that the person they were referring to had some kind of camouflage ability because he didn't see her till after she was introduced. She looked so frail and she seemed the perfect example of 'more then most' when he was referring to personal hells. He then waved his hand and said "hi nice to meet you"

Erin didn't struggle as he was lifted he just attempted a gurgled thanks, but he lay limp over his shoulder his hair obscuring much of his face.
But as three more appeared he slowly looked up, soon enough to see the shimmering girl. He remembered a quote instantly, " angels often appear in our lives," he slowly glanced around then back to the girl, "and just wait for use to say hello. Hello there." He was clearly now a bit delirious from a loss of blood, and was unsure wether or not he was seeing things straight. At least now he was sure he wasn't dying and felt rather foolish for crying, curse his bird brain.

He smiled as he looked around again at the group of experiments. He felt safe around them. But he knew soon they would part ways, probably. Some of them would pair together, not with him however. After hearing them speak amongst themselfs, Antero knew that they didnt like the people in the lab coats, or anyone working at the schools, and he was afraid if they knew about him trying to find one, well, he just didnt want to think about what would happen. At least them just shunning him would be acceptable.

Val shifted from foot to foot, listening to their interactions while also paying attention for possible Erasers that might be trying to find them. So far, she only heard the sounds of birds in the trees, some chittering sounds from smaller mammals, and the talking of the other hybrids. Still, she was on edge.

When the girl appeared, she blinked twice, unsure whether to say something or not. Seeing how the little girl was probably more skiddish than herself, she decided it was best to let her settle down on her own.

The bat hybrid turned her attention to the injured boy. "I-is anything broken?" The least she could do was offer some way to be useful. The Lab-Coats often left her to set her own bones to heal whenever they thought she was 'misbehaving'.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Maximum Ride RP (closed RP)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus