Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Tomb of Aamon (Closed)

Iquine Catta (played by dana3400)

"I'll try to get to you. By the way, am form a kingdom call SpringLake, The magic wielders there are very different than the ones you talk about. As for who change the layout am trying to figure out that myself, to be honest. It has to be someone more powerful than The Corrupt Prince. I only saw this magic twice. One time when I was very young and when I was fighting a Blackin." Iquine explained clapping her hand's which in turn teleported her next to Max. "Oh, Thank god it worked! That doesn't usually happen when I have low mana...."
anon (played anonymously)

No sooner the mage had crossed the wall, Rufus set upon seizing the wizard, tying him up with ropes and chains

"Not sure about you... lads... but I don't trust anything that uses magic" scoffed Rufus glaring at Iquine

Matthew protested at the gesture

"Oi... we were having a friendly talk you know... no harm at all..." complained Matthew coming to sit by Iquine.

"Here have some food... do people call food mana in the place where you come from?" quizzed Matthew offering his apple at Iquine. "strange language indeed you lot have" mused Matthew patting Iquine "You eat and rest... I´ll just chat along whilst we wait for the walls to shift back to their right place, could take a while till we figure out who has done it in the first place" muttered Matthew

Iquine accepted the apple. But she had to laugh at the bandit's question. Didn't he know Mana was the fuel of all mage's magic? But on the other hand, magic is different depending on where your form an who told you about it. So the question wasn't that out of the ordinary. "Thanks for the apple but mana I was getting hungry, but mana ain't food it more of a mage thing. By the way, mind introducing your friends?" Iquine snickered eating the apple.

"Between us? best you do not ask such questions, last person was murdered and I certainly don't want them cutting out my tongue for daring to speak about them... suffices to say they operate outside the law and trod the path of dark foul deeds" smiled Matthew as if a minor comment

"So... this mana mage... what does it do? can it relocate the layout? or at least summon the culprit?" quizzed Matthew growing more restless each hour and day they were stuck below underground

Iquine sight wondering if Max was going ask her every question about mana and mages in the world. "In a nutshell, Mana is the fuel for most magic where I come from. The more mana you have the more powerful you are. Of course, mana is very common in Springlake. since everyone has a least a bit magic even the common folk. Most of the time it found at ruins of ancient buildings or churches of former gods and goddesses. It quite an amazing subject." Iquine explained thorwing the eaten apple way. "And yes, in theory, mana could change the layout of this tomb if you have enough. Though very few have the much mana to used, unless they used dark magic or if they found Demon mana. The last one is a joke by the way Demon mana has been gone for years. Only ever used by the Red King and his followers Demon mana was the most powerful fuel anyone has ever seen. Until DreamBloof banished the Red King into the old dungeon leave him there to rot.As for his followers, When there king was banished they dispersed without a word with the demon mana. But some said you can still find them hiding in the backcountry of SpringLake. Wait for the right moment to attack!"

Matthew rubbed his chin thoughtfully, listening at the detailed explanation

"Were you born with mana? or did you acquire it later in life?" quizzed Matthew trying to figure it out "And how exactly do you get this mana? it is a liquid? or a rock? or a fruit that you eat?" questioned Matthew

If large amounts of mana were there... he could gather that and bottle it up somehow to then sell it on for a profit for sure. Who knows this mana item might be more valuable than all the old trinkets and artefacts they had stolen from the tomb so far.

"You ask a lot of questions for one person. Where you born this way?" Iquine joked staring at Matt. "Anyway I was born with it but you acquire it as a gloopy liquid. Most of the time it's in lakes near ruins. The main color of mana is blue but it can be any color depending on where you live and it's history ."

"Smart as paint, lass, smart as paint! Of course I was born keen to know, after all only those curious enough to find things out make it far in life... follow in my footsteps and maybe one day you grow up to be as learned as I am... you just have to pay attention to detail and find the right crew, at the right place at the right time" encouraged Matthew patting his chest when speaking of smart and clever men causing Robin to roll his eyes at the commentry

Iquine was still smirking. She enjoys hearing Mat's replies and wanted to know more about him and his little group he had. But at the same time, Iquine also wanted to be herself and be a smug, hothead, sassy mage "Don't you curiously killed the cat?" Iquine asked crossing her arms.

"Come now what we have to do is find the mana juice and get you to reposition the walls and stones as per these plans" concluded Matthew

"Will you hush it now!" snapped Robin taking an arrow and tensing it threateningly "Whoever moved the building is certainly alive, here and probably listening in... best you quieten down before we all end up dead" scolded Robin

Matthew pursed his lips and sat down by Rufus, who was equally bothered by the constant chattering. This time he was whispering the words lowly

"And ... you think... this... this mage of sorts... can kill us? Bury us alive here?" quizzed in a tense voice

much-little-john-robin-hood-6397398-500-275.jpg

"Who knows... just keep your eyes peeled" advised Rufus motioning Matthew go to off with his new friendly captive so as to give him some private space for himself.

"Now how will we ever get out of here? Our plans and maps and entirely mismatched and obselete" protested Glendale whose artwork was now worth but wet paper

fc9e7d4ce420186e12828966e3a23f8c0ff8ecc4.jpg

Haldor stood up, taking his candle, which was growing dimmer by the hour and came to read upon the walls.

054330012d0026c7c5286371987a7af8.jpg

"Reading... of course... the runes on the wall might help us summon the culprit" muttered Haldor looking at Iquine

"What say you? can this spirit be called upon?" demanded staring at the mage meaningfully

Iquine read the runes on walls carefully. She could tell what most of the runes says but some of the runes look like another language. "The writing is a tad sloppy, but I think I can call upon the spirit that trapped us here or least a way to communicate with it." Iquine explained touching one of the runes. "However I bet whoever trap us here thinks this is some sort of game and probably wouldn't let us go easily without a fight."

"Read the wall and tell us more of this... creature... who might be fooling us" ushered Matthew.

"I am sure you can at least decipher its name? Names are important, I do not like speaking to strangers, mother always told me not to speak with strangers" explained Matthew, clearly not the smartest comment to make.

Iquine tried reading the rest of the wall but the only words she could decipher were 'Lord and Red' "There's no clear name, but it seems like this creature is some sort of Lord" Iquine explained stepping away from the wall. "There's also a seemly random word in one of the runes. It's says;'Red' "

"Well that was obvious enough, with the amount of treasure we robbed from this tomb, the man had to be a lord or a king of sorts, peasants could never afford wealth such as this." muttered Matthew admitting to the theft openly and scratching the back of the head.

"Red... red... red... makes no sense at all. There is nothing red here... what does red have anything to do with this tomb, it is made of stone... unless... there is red mana juice of yours somewhere in here... come, let's march forth and find it, must be worth a fortune..." prompted Matthew springing up to his feet and offering Iquine a hand to raise up.

Iquine accepted Mat's hand. "Right, let's go!" Iquine said starting marching through the tomb.She was ready for anything to come or at least she thought. After all, this wasn't her first time exploring in a tomb or a strange place. Iquine had explored many tombs and during her traveling days with her childhood friend Sun.But this her first time exploring a tomb without her friend.

"Tell me mage... have you been at this particular tomb before or read about it?" asked Robin curious to gather as much information as he could out of this unlikely companion.

Perhaps he knew of the wealth that had been stashed in this tomb and that they had been robbing the entire night and morning, if so, that could possibly force them to share the booty and nobody liked smaller shares, that was for sure and certain
Ameliana stared at the wall, covered in writing. The 15 year old princess couldn't understand anything it said. She felt like she was being followed.
"I don't think I should be here..." She said, scared.

"I have never been to this particular tomb before or read about it. But I have explored similar tombs to this one, with a friend of mine and in every tomb, there are set of runes or some sort of a puzzle. " Iquine explained with a smile. "and usually near the runes or puzzles. There some coins on ground or a maze"

"Coins! Definitely coins! I much rather the gold" announced Matthew with a smug smile on his face

"Now then where are the coins? Because we already took all the artefacts but I saw no coins there" admitted Matthew confessing to the large scale theft they had just conducted

Rufus hushed the pair of them.

"I hear steps.... who else did you bring in with you mage?" demanded Rufus trying to run a count on his head and possible plan of action

Iquine rolled her eyes. "Like I told you earlier, the group I was with got separated when the layout change. It's probably one of them or a monster." Iquine answered bittery crossing her arms. "Now, would you stop calling me mage?! If you don't I will start calling you a pest"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Tomb of Aamon (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus