Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Winter Art Trade 2017

Loki wrote:
Hey Guys,

Just letting you all know that I am not gonna get the names out today. I really wanted to but I am really sick and feel awful. I hope to have them out tomorrow (nov 2nd) sorry for the inconvience! :(

Take your time! Focus on your health, I hope you feel better soon! :)
FreeJayFly wrote:
Loki wrote:
Hey Guys,

Just letting you all know that I am not gonna get the names out today. I really wanted to but I am really sick and feel awful. I hope to have them out tomorrow (nov 2nd) sorry for the inconvience! :(

Thanks for at least keeping everyone update. TT v TT /

And yes, please totally focus on yourself and get well soon. ♥

No worries. Feel better!
Lupus-Raziel-Shadows

Loki wrote:
Hey Guys,

Get well soon!
Loki wrote:
Hey Guys,

No rush~ These things happen
Take care <3
dio

Is it perhaps too late to cast an entry? I would love to participate.
Loki Topic Starter

dio wrote:

Go for it, I haven't been well enough to pass out the names yet so I will be extending it a few days at the end :)
dio

Loki wrote:
dio wrote:

Go for it, I haven't been well enough to pass out the names yet so I will be extending it a few days at the end :)

Okay. Hope you feel better soon, by the way.

Did you read and understand the rules of the trade? Yes.
Dabbler or Devotee? Devotee.
Why did you choose that category? I believe my art is on par with this category.
Please link to three examples of recent artwork you have completed:
Examples
1506322961.wormwound_bur.png
1507051109.wormwound_sabcol3.png
1508455440.wormwound_ln1.png

Character Name: Omnus
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/harbinger
Species: Gryphon
Personality: Reserved. Secretive. Distant.
Brief physical description of the character: He is of imposing height and stature- though not particularly muscular. His chosen outfit reflects a cleric or priest in mourning; heavy flowing robes dyed in grays and black and a black stole draping his shoulders. He treads barefoot and has feet/paws like a lion.
Suggested environments: Anything dark/melancholic/creepy. A dilapidated castle, an abbey or temple.. that sort of thing.
Anything else we need to know: His wings are disproportionately tiny and his tail is fleshy and tipped with a heart-shaped spade. He always wears a golden mask.
Shadowbanish

I am SOOOOOOOO sorry, but is it okay if I pull out of the art trade? I feel so bad, but it's just that I got a call from my landlord today, and he's decided to sell the house we're in, and so instead of being free to draw over this month and next, I'll be having to house hunt and move out. :(
Last minute entry! Sorry about this, Loki. >o<

Did you read and understand the rules of the trade? Yes.
Dabbler or Devotee? Devotee.
Why did you choose that category? I'm a professional illustrator.
Please link to three examples of recent artwork you have completed:
Examples

Character Name: Calder Daire
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Here.
Species: Human / Slowly turning into a demon.
Personality: Grumpy, sad, generally unhappy. He doesn't smile a whole lot. Lately, he's usually got a bit of a headache. He self-medicates with comfort foods, especially baked goods and sweets.
Brief physical description of the character: Fairly average-y, not-too-skinny, not-too-built. Calder's recently acquired a lot of cracks in his skin that are up to artistic interpretation. He's in a slow progression of being sucked into Hell, so depending on the references, he might be pinkish or turning red. He has to give up bits of himself to stay on this plane of existence, so he tends to have little notches missing from him. Alternatively, he keeps a lot of his body covered up and he tends to dress in longer sleeves, scarves, etc. If you want to draw his arms, they might be pretty marred up. Calder has red eyes, and short hair. Sometimes it's a little shaved on the sides, but he's not great at his own upkeep, so it can get messy.
Suggested environments: Somewhere dark. Somewhere urban. Somewhere that sells cupcakes.
Anything else we need to know: Nope!

Character Name: Elliot Chau
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Here.
Species: Human.
Personality: Cheerful, geeky. Lowkey, but excitable. Adjunct professor / student teacher at a school for magical kiddos, but he's a bit more of a fun uncle than a mentor type, most of the time.
Brief physical description of the character: Elliot changes his hair color magically to color coordinate it with his things, or just to match whatever mood he's feeling in the morning. He's pretty slight of build, and he tends toward fun but basic clothing, like t-shirts or patterned button ups with jeans (and sometimes wizardly robes, depending on the occasion). He has a tattoo of several silhouettes of mice on his right forearm...usually, but they tend to get scared and scatter around the rest of his body.
Suggested environments: Anywhere magical or mundane, as long as it's fairly modern.
Anything else we need to know: I think I got it!

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) No.
Loki Topic Starter

Alright guys, everyone that was eligible got a PM with their trade partners name. So sorry this took me so long to do, I was just really not able to sit at a computer. I did extend the days at the end, so you still have the same amount of time to draw. Can't wait to see what you all come up with! :)

(Yes I realized after I sent them all that I marked all the PM's 2018 instead of 2017. Just got some crossed wires in my head cause it ends in 2018 lol My mistake! :p )
Damn! I missed it!
Dang it. I keep missing these. I will just have to remember to check for them earlier. 8/
*creeps in.*
It’s getting closer to the 10th huh? Are we allowed to post our arts in here yet?
Ilmarinen Moderator

TinyCentaur wrote:
*creeps in.*
It’s getting closer to the 10th huh? Are we allowed to post our arts in here yet?

Tradition dictates we post arts on the 10th itself! :D
TinyCentaur wrote:
*creeps in.*

I don't believe we are allowed to post until the 10th. I think not until it's the 10th in a certain time zone? Loki can confirm if anyone is confused :>
Claine Moderator

I know it's not the 10th everywhere in the world but I'm going to get us started :D

I drew Jack, Melanie and Robbie for MythicalBeast5

utEO7uu.png
Claine wrote:
I know it's not the 10th everywhere in the world but In going to get us started :D

I drew Jack, Melanie and Robbie for MythicalBeast5

utEO7uu.png

Oh my god!!! That’s so cute!!! I’M DYING! Thank you so much!
Hurrah! I've been super excited to get pieces posted for my recipients for a while. :'>

For RemanLongtail!

rpr_wat_2017_1finalised_smol_by_freejayfly-dbz44rl.png

And for Starrymuse!

rpr_wat_2017_starrymuse_finalised_smol_by_freejayfly-dbz44s2.png

Both of you can reach the larger scale images by clicking your respective images to their stash on dA. :>

Also, Starrymuse, I hope that you like what I did! TT v TT I wasn't really sure what to do in terms of design, so I hope that what I have is acceptable. :'>;;
Arana Rothscomb (played by Spoody)

For Laineie!

https://m.imgur.com/kXYUXJv

Super fun to do!
Alright! Molten Mauler for Forta-ver!

qTnIo6F.jpg

hope you enjoy, had a fun time drawing her!

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Winter Art Trade 2017

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus