Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Cat's Tail Tavern [Open]

Dan Burrow (played by Skipbab)

"Why is there so many interdimensionel travelers here. You, me, the note book guy, then this samurai dude, and the fairy girl. I feel so unoriginal, Like a cross between Tracer, Rick Sanchez, starlord, and a ginger. I even look like a bad OC, makes me feel like bullshit." I turned to Kristan. "I miss my family" A tear fell from my robotic eye.
Kristan noticed this and sighed. "Never really experienced much family attachment to understand how you feel," She sighed softly "How was your family? Maybe I can understand what a real family is like... Cause through all the stories and worlds I've been in, I've been ditched, mentally abused, or just grew up alone. What's a family like? Is it as good as some people say?"

"I loved it, as a child my mother would always make these small chocolate oats balls around christmas, I was always excited about it." I see the look that Kristan gives me. "Sorry, didn't mean to smear it in your face. Why don't you have a family?" I asked carefully, as it seemed like a touchy subject.
Dr Volker (played by DrVolker)

'Never had a family either.' He added in his thoughts
Nwyvern Adeptus (played by kiobio)

There's a small snort from the back table where Nwyvern was still working on her computer, "Family? Don't make me laugh. Family... family isn't a good thing, let's leave it at that." She took another swig from her bottle, thumping it back down on the table. She glanced up from her work, studying the other people in the tavern. She then sighed, turning back to her work.

"Oh, oh my." She looked down at the innards of her computer, pulling out a black box, "That explains it." She frowns, taking another sip from her bottle, "I guess I have to huh?" She pokes at the box before setting it down on the table. With a quick snap of her fingers, the box is back in the computer. In fact, the entire thing was assembled now. She booted it up once more, a content smile on her face, "I love it when that works."
Litten (played by EeveeMaster)

Litten felt Kessel's hand and he sprang up in surprise away from Kessel. "Litten!" 'Hey, don't pet me!' Litten said angerly, unsheathing his claws, "Litten!" 'I don't like that!' He looked at Kessel without fear of him being neither human or Pokemon. His tail swished through the fire, and came out not burnt.
Kessel couldn't help the low growl emanating from his throat. His lips lifted just barely, enough for the fire light to catch the edge of his long canines. This thing, whatever it was, was definitely sick with a meow like that, though who was he to say what was and wasn't right for a cat? They were the ultimate invasive species, after all, reaching the far edges of the universe, adapting for all walks of life. This one was even fireproof, what a nice perk. And pissed. Yeah, that too.

His long tail thumped the floor in annoyance when it skittered away from him, though. Cats were good little creatures with their little paws and tiny faces but sudden movement from any tiny animal made him thoroughly regret not grabbing a sandwich before he had to go. It was something he inherited from some raccoon-sized, burrow-digging weasel thousands of years ago. Instinctual predator drive didn't much care if it was your favorite animal. Its name wasn't Ringo and it was a funny color, anyway. He reached for it again, eyes a bit colder this time.

Litten used a Ember attack at Kessel to show he was something not to mess with. "Litten!" 'I don't like being petted, ya strang creature!' he said, even more angerly than before. Then he backed up a bit.
It could breathe fire. Kessel's other hand instinctively reached for the gun on his belt as he stumbled back. "Little shit," he snarled. At this point, it almost wasn't worth the trouble, but he'd had a less-than stellar day and his back hurt and his ears were getting hot from all the fussing. Or it could have just been the fire. Speaking of which, that was going to make it a whole lot harder to get to and shooting it might raise the alarm on the whole place. No one had noticed thus far, but he wasn't taking chances.

Just as he stood up, trying to get a better grip on what the new plan was, his phone rang- the work phone. He gave Litten an annoyed huff and stalked off to one of the further tables, casting an occasional glance at the creature once he'd sat down and taken the call.

Litten layed back down, but stayed awake. He was watching Kessel to make sure he didn't try to pet him again.Why does he have such intrest in me? Litten thought. Every now and then, Litten would look around the room, wondering why he was at this tavern.
"I mean, depends on what you call a family," Kristan shrugged "I'm a, as my OOC would say, a Mind World Human. I was purposely created artificially to benefit my OOC's mind world, a place they create just for them as a home to their imaginations of comfort and interest. If anything, my OOC is technically my mother since I'm artificial, and my siblings would be every other person in that world that she's created. But otherwise, I don't have an actual family labeled as my official family as a background. The mind world thing doesn't even count as a background. I just have a bunch of other dimensional families that are scripted to abuse me, ditch me, etc, or I'm a part of an orphanage and live with a non-related family. I guess I have a family, but at the same time, I don't."

"Ok, that's fourth wall breaking beyond me"
"My apologizes then, I don't have enough glue to fix the fourth wall at the moment," CF joked. It was a thing where she and other people would joke about always needing to fix the fourth wall after they break the fourth wall, which only breaks it more honestly.

((I forgot Kristan's supposed to be referred to as "CF" towards strangers. Just pretend that we've been calling her CF the entire time))

Litten look at Dan Burrow. Forth wall? What in the name of Arcues does he mean by that? he thought. Then Litten lean forward, curious to hear more. His tail swished on the floor as he did.
'What a strange place....' He thought a bit while he waited for his drink. The bartender bringing him a foamy mug with a metallic handle. Kenji drew out a piece of gold, formed into a small block that could be held in one's hand. Maelphsel gave him such a thing for his travels to help fund some of his expenses. The crimson eyed male took the mug and peeled his mask downward, revealing his face before covering it quickly with the mug. Taking a sip at the strong alcoholic drink, then returning it back to the table. His eyes wandered the scene and took note of those who made noises or who were interesting to say the least. First was a small creature that produced flames. Kenji imagined that it was someone's pet, or perhaps a creature that found this place to be its home and defended it. The next one was the strange amalgamation of what he could only describe as a Ferrialie, a creature best known in his own world that is akin to 'Beast Folk', except this one was some kind of 'star' traveler? That seemed to be too much for Kenji to grasp, giving a soft shake of his head in response to his thoughts. He hoped that the shaking would remove such ideas quickly, but it only made him question it more.

Next was the two individuals speaking to each other. His hearing was great, but that doesn't account for comprehension of what they spoke of. He was more confused and intrigued by their own use of unusual words. The white hair male took another sip from his mug, gathering his own thoughts before setting the mug down completely and crossing his arms. His head tilted to try to find fitting words to describe the scene he took interest in. Many words came to mind, but nothing that forced him to speak out loud. 'There seems to be a gathering of unfathomable beings that have interesting traits and qualities, along with several words and strange ideas. The conglomerate of vastly unknown knowledge pooled into one area is a perfect place for my own good. I must thank Maelphsel for this opportunity to learn.' He nodded silently to himself before returning to a more dignified seating posture and sipping his mead once more. Taking his time to observe them silently.
Nwyvern Adeptus (played by kiobio)

Nwyvern then began typing on her computer, muttering in a strange language. The words she spoke were very lilting, a smooth torrent of beauty. As she spoke, her body gained a warm glow, almost reminiscent of the soft spring sunlight after a cold harsh winter. She continued on like this for a few minutes, the soft Litanies of the Forest rolling off of her tongue as though she had been speaking them her entire life.

After a while, she stopped chanting, leaning back in her chair with a sigh, "Still here a while yet I suppose." She picked up her bottle, moving to take another drink before realizing that it was empty. She groaned, slamming the bottle back onto the table. She reached into her jacket with a sigh, drawing out another bottle, "I didn't think I need this but, duty calls." She popped the cork and took a small sip, savoring the taste. She leaned back once more, sighing in contentment.

"Wanna see a trick?" I looked at CF, hoping for her to say yes.
"Sure, I guess," CF responded.

I twirled my finger around in a circular pattern. At three tiny purple portals opened, and out of each marched a little man made of wood, straw and cloth. They then turned to me, awaiting orders. "Lift it" I pointed at my pint. The figures looked at eachother, then proceeded to lift the cup. "I call them Dems"
Dr Volker (played by DrVolker)

'Your own little soldiers right?' He thought

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Cat's Tail Tavern [Open]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus