Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Cat's Tail Tavern [Open]

Hunter (played by DovakiinDemon56)

Hunter laughed and said, "You can keep your sand mate, Here." Hunter handed him the Sand. "You can keep your sand, I just wanted to drink a shitload for free."

"You're joking right?" Hunter looked concerned, "We had a drinking competition, I won." Hunter said.
Dan Burrow (played by Skipbab)

Dan snapped back "Oh shit, right. Well it sure was enjoyable."

"Hell Yeah man, one day we could do this again, actually maybe not." looking around the bar, it was on fire because of the flaming table.
Alf Ochoa (played by Ashley)

=== New Scene ===

(I'll be starting a new scene today. it's been a while! I'd like to add a reminder that posts should be at least five to six sentences in length. I also request that the fourth wall not be broken, as it messes with immersion for other players. This thread is meant to be a place for spontaneous, daily Rp. It's a place to meet other players without having to worry about long term commitments. I want everyone to know they can start a new scene each day! You don't have to join the current one.

If you're at all confused about how this thread works. Refer back to the very first post!)

The windows rattled. Sometimes the walls shuddered, too. To qoute a terrible song, the weather outside was frightful. The icicles on the porch would have been easy to weaponize as clubs.

Alf was inside. He had crawled into a sheet of netting that was usually reserved for keeping crates and sacks off the floor, but after finding it emptied he'd made a hammock of it. The net sat close enough to a bend in the wall that his impossibly large shadow seemed like part of the wallscape. He was a big boy, but it wasn't too much of a stretch that he'd go unnoticed until he moved.
The shock was that the net and the beams it was strung from held his weight without complaint. He was bigger than a bear, well over thirteen feet tall, and must have weighed as much as a car.
But there he was. As cozy as a kitten with a patchwork fur blanket thrown over him.

One foot sloughed off the edge and swayed. His big toe claws nudged the cobblestones around like they were potato squares in soup.

He wasn't asleep, but his eyes were closed and his chest rose and fell in the tell tale way of an off duty predator.
[Imma take my leave now before I regret many things, boi]

"We do need to do it again" Dan said then looked at the burning table and bar, then putted his hands on his hips "Goddammit" He took a little handfull an made a fire extinguisherm, proceding to kill the fire. Then the extingusher shattered like glass. The shard just vanished. "Can't you control your blades fire?" He asked Hunter.
Skarlett Redburn (played by ChaosRain16)

(I'm gonna jump in if that's all right.)

Skarlett needed a break from looking for ingredients for her next elixir. She had been out for five hours, and she was starving. Normally, a high elf such as herself would not be out in the woods for that long of time, but Skarlett needed those ingredients. She looked at the little tavern in the woods and stared at it for a few seconds. She wondered if they would serve someone like her. Unfortunately, something must've happened to the tavern. "What on Earth...?" she asked. She rushed toward the tavern, hearing screams and cussing.
Melody (played by TardisCatTwo)

Rp Wishlist wrote:
Cat's Tail Tavern
Welcome!
cozytavern2_by_greekceltic-dbrnx3v.png

:star: Where am I? :star:
A fantasy tavern! Mostly fantasy, anyway. The Cat's Tail Tavern sits in a lovely fantasy forest, but for our convenience it's been known to have inter-dimensional hiccups. If you can think of a reason for your vanilla human, tiger guy or space man to be here, then that's fine with us! The setting is flexible. Just think cozy tavern with a stable.

:star: What kind of Rp is this? :star:
This thread is for non-committal, spontaneous Rp. RP here is usually fast-paced. Scenes end when the players have to go for the night, and often have assumed endings. The next day, someone starts a new scene and the Rp starts fresh! The tavern is meant to have a low pressure atmosphere so players feel okay just dipping their toe in for a little while. It's a good place to get your daily Rp fix and go hunting for a new RP partner without having to commit to anything long term.

:star: Can I play? :star:
Yup! You don't have to ask before entering your character. Please read the tips first! It might make your Rp experience smoother.

:star:What about post length?:star:
Ideally posts are at least a paragraph long (5 - 6sentences or more) on average. This tavern shouldn't be used as a script Rp. We're looking for something more substantial than that!

:star:Group RPs are messy and that's okay.:star:
You don't have to worry about replying to everyone, in fact, it's more ideal that you don't. A tavern is just like a real bar scene, you're probably only holding a conversation with one person, but you're giving head nods to the other people at the table so they feel included. People come and go from your table, too! If you tried to hold a conversation with everyone who came and went, you'd need five heads and ten hands.

So what's the answer? Moderation. There's nothing wrong with focusing on what you're already doing, skimming posts for references that are relevant to your character, and giving brief head nods to people entering a scene. Otherwise you're going to start feeling overloaded.

A tavern Rp is a good place to meet people, but a not so good place to obsess over responding to every little thing that happens.

:star: Tips :star:

- Keep it PG-13ish. That means no F-bombs or C words. More Info.

- No sympathy fishing. You can stumble in gravely injured if you want to, but don't be angry if the other players overlook it. Sometimes tavern goers just want to have a drink without being interrupted by a guy with arrows in his back. (There's one in every RP, you know? If we rushed to all of them, nobody would get to talk about their day.)

- Be respectful of other players and their space. If they're not feeling an RP with you, let it go.

- Any kind of character is fine. The setting the tavern resides in is fantasy, but we'll take whatever you've got! (Vanilla humans, aliens, dragons, motorcycles, guns. It's all allowed.)

- Be respectful of Rp immersion. (Example: Crashing your dragon OC through the roof in a way that forces everyone to notice you would be considered disruptive, and generally not cool.)

- Keep the OOC atmosphere pleasant (and fairly minimal, OOC should be relevant to Rp.)

- Please use your best grammar and spelling. You don't have to be perfect, just capitalize those Is and use periods.

- Please don't break the fourth wall. It's disruptive of immersion for other players.

We're also on Discord!
If you prefer discord Rp, we have a duplicate of the Cat's Tail on my server. Alas, the server is 18+ only. We're not getting down or dirty, we're just old. 18+ Only Discord Server
Skarlett Redburn (played by ChaosRain16)

((Oh. My apologies, but I don't understand what I did wrong. My apologies again. It is my first time role-playing on a site like this.))

((You haven't done anything wrong! The last scene that was being played here appears to have been wrapped up. My suggestion is to start a fresh day at the tavern.))

=== New Day, New Scene ===
A woman cautiously walked in through the front and grabbed a chair near a corner. She fiddled with a menu and a few other random objects that seemed to interest her before sitting up straight with her head held high and legs crossed. She wore an unsightly black hood and a long dark blue gown. Under the hood her white hair barley poked out.

((Updated the info post. I hope it's more clear now! https://www.rprepository.com/community/forumthread.php?t=46188&p=1#3811272))

((Is the tavern rising from the dead?))
Realizing she came in early the woman looked around at the seemingly empty tavern and slouched back in her seat relived. She counted the planks of wood used in the building which seemed strange but relaxed her. After awhile she even uncrossed her legs and began to drift off into sleep. Every now and then fluttering her eyes open Incase something were to barge in. Even this didn’t last long for she eventually fell forward and hit her head on the table waking her back up.
Andrew van Helsing (played by CassandravH)

((Well, if anyone is going to jump in it my as well be this guy))

Andrew...is not the brightest of lads. This was made abundently clear as he entered the tavern. Tired, hungry, and one of his pant legs burnt off all the way to his knee. Truly, he looked like the village idiot, and walking into a table did not help his case. Cheeks immediatly turning red as he realized someone had been trying to sleep, "Oh my gods! I am so sorry! The table! It jsut. Came out of nowhere I swear!"

A lie, but the hunter wasn't going to admit to walking into the table that easily. There was a reputation to keep after all.
Andrew van Helsing (played by CassandravH)

((Hope its okay that I'm jumping in))
The woman immediately straightened up crossing her legs and sitting back. “It’s quite alright. Those pesky tables are always on the prowl. We’re you planning on grabbing a seat?” She asked with a sunny smile which seemed slightly ironic.
(Hope it's okay how I wrote my entrance..I will write less from now on.. totally didn't mean to write that much...)
He controlled the wooden spoon.It began spinning counter-clockwise as he started gesturing with figers of his left hand over the warm drink he had in the cup put on the desk.Despite the concentration needed to charm the wood not being negligible, but not really big either, he managed to casually hold the book in his other hand and read through its content, his eyes' sight fixed at the text.Its title was : "The theory of protective magic:defend your allies and repell your enemies.."

The spoon stopped moving as somebody, presumably by accident, bumped into the desk near the one Roland had decided to sit at(the desks were connected). The content of the mug spilled upwards, directly onto the page Roland was reading, and a bit on the table. "Oh well....", he said. He decided to look at the stranger.Yes, it must have been an accident. It wasn't a big deal, a drying spell could do the trick, and he knew that very well. He gestured his hands over the wet paper and looked at it as it gradually regained its original state.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Cat's Tail Tavern [Open]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus