Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Omniversal Chaos (OPEN)

Vadraaghain (played by GrandFinale) Topic Starter

((Of course, yeah, he probably IS stronger than anything the ponies have met so far, but...ARGH, YOU GET MY POINT.))
Queen Chrysalis (played by The_Ross)

((No worries, arrogant villains are fun!))

After Vastator finished speaking, there came no response for several seconds. Changelings continued to darken the sky. Eventually, however, they parted near the base of the hive, and a larger form trotted forth. Queen Chyrsalis came to a halt perhaps twenty meters from Vastator, so that they would still need to raise their voices to be heard above the buzz of flapping insect wings.

She took a moment to size up the creature standing before her, but her expression remained deadpan.

"Stranger in a strange land? Who is it that comes into my home, makes noise when most of my brood is asleep, and then has the gall to threaten me and my subjects on top of it?"

Behind her, the swarm continued to expand, and the changelings appeared to be flying faster and faster.

"Choose your next words carefully... whatever you are."

He couldn't help but break out in a wide grin. This was going MUCH better than he had expected. Perhaps this would work. He even chuckled a bit, quite evilly, too.

"So you finally listen to reason. I'm beginning to like you already...which is why I chose you for this. You see, I come not from this universe, nor any at all. I am the very embodiment of non-existence itself, so your summation of me as a 'stranger' is quite an understatement. I've come to present an offer to you, and albeit I do regret almost having to resort to force and that we've gotten off to a less-than-friendly start, I still have hope that you'll hear me out. My name is Vastator Inanimentum, and I seek an alliance with your race, your 'hive', so to speak. You see, I have grand plans for all existence."

His eyes flashed with his maliciousness for but a mere moment, as his grin widened. He was enjoying this already.

"I wish to combine every universe, and every multiverse in the omniverse into a single universe, one where my allies and I can eternally wreak havoc to our heart's content, with any enemies we may face laid dead before us. But, there are a great deal of beings out there that would wish to stop me......you've already met with some of those very beings I speak of, and indeed, they present a prominent threat to me and my ambition."

He directs an intense, angry glare in the directions of Canterlot and Ponyville. The ones he refers to really are quite a concern to Vastator, given how the Elements qualify as a god-tier light spell that could do EXTREME harm to the Voidgod, and they have the backing of two gods on top of that. His gaze returns to the Queen, this time wearing an expression of grim concern.

"So, first and foremost, I seek the deaths of every single one of them, the Elements of Harmony and their two god-princesses. And I will also relish in seeing them suffer in the most unimaginable ways possible. They must not be allowed to cling on to their insignificant lives, and I'm sure you'd relish a chance at revenge. Oh yes, I know of the debacle you underwent at Equestria's capital, how you were so shamefully defeated. As I said, I've been watching this world for thousands of years now, waiting in the shadows for my chance. They've fought off other threats before, and there must be a strike laid against them while they still reel from their previous battles. Otherwise, they may be given far too much time to prepare. I could attack with my own armies, however...I do not have the advantages you and your Changelings have with a hive structure, by which you can presumably issue orders with great ease, like most other hive species in existence. My own forces can be more than a little incompetent most of the time, and honestly, I've grown weary of putting up with them and having no more efficient options available, such as you have. Thusly, I have sought you out."

His three eyes narrowed, and his massive, black energy wings became clearly visible, even against the dark backdrop of the night...and then his smile widened again, his massive, bloodstained fangs glistening in the moonlight.

"I know that you must be wondering if there's anything in this for you. I assure you, the rewards for allying yourself with me are indeed great. Should my plan meet with success, let there be no doubt that you will be able to harvest all the ponies you want. And given how all existence will be compacted, you will have more than just ponies to choose from! Any sentient species you want will be yours to choose from, and I will make sure they cannot fight back against you. There's a certain species out there, known as humanity, that is quite similar to the species of equines you may find here. What's even better is that they only have technology and no magic to defend the sources of love you and your Changeling hordes so crave, so your task will be even easier than with ponies! The emotions, the love of all existence will be yours to take, to DEVOUR."

His grin subsided, and he stepped back a ways, assuming his humanoid demon form and materializing a chair behind himself in which to sit.

"Please, I implore you, consider this offer carefully. My RPer went to quite a deal of trouble making this massive post, after all."

((Nope, there's nothing of note here, wut u talkin' bout))
Ditzy Doo (played by The_Ross)

((getting in the shower, but you haven't seen the last of me! also, everybody knows cartoon characters never die permanently, so they make the perfect martyrs :P ))

((NOTHING TO SEE HERE why cant I actually delete posts TT_TT))

((NHOPE))

[redacted]

((Stop trying to look for things, this post technically doesn't exist anymoar))

((ignore this post))

((this post too))

[redacted]

((NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE))

((nope-avi-entry-cover.jpg))

((I said NOPE.AVI, remember that))

[redacted]

((Yea...WHY IS THERE NO OPTION TO ACTUALLY DELETE POSTS))
Queen Chrysalis (played by The_Ross)

Chrysalis paced back and forth, taking time to digest what she had heard. The cloud of changelings above had become more organized, being made now of vast columns, resembling ribbons flowing across the sky. Some moved quickly, while others crawled along, and they frequently changed speed or reversed direction.

Finally, she turned to face Vastator again.

"Revenge is for little fillies. Now that I know the true strength of Canterlot, my victory is a matter of time. But what of your proposal?"

As she talked, she would pace in one direction, then pause as she reached the end of a thought, turn, and pace in the other direction.

"You wish to harm or kill the creatures we depend on as our food source."

"You want to murder the Princesses, on whom every living thing on this planet depend for their survival - including us. Without them, there is neither wind nor tides, nor can plants grow. All life would end without them."

"Further, you wish to destroy the Elements of Harmony. Yes, they are a threat to me - but if you recall, I went around the Elements when I attempted my coup, not through them. The Elements are as fundamental to our continued existence as the Sun itself. They prevent the emergence of creatures far worse than just Discord and Nightmare Moon."

"If I recall, you also mentioned something about coaelescing various universes together. Assuming you are capable of such, I fail to see the point."

Now she stopped pacing and faced Vastator again. "You claim that you want to 'wreak havoc', whatever that means. But to what end? What do you gain? And what purpose would I serve? If you have such power as you say, why have you not already carried out your plans? And if I serve, why would you not simply slay me once my part in the plan has been carried out?"

Her eyes narrowed. "Why are you really here?"

He leveled a greatly enraged glare at the Changeling Queen. How could anyone brush off a GOD so easily? After a deep growl which reflected his now irate mood, he spoke again in a sour tone of voice.

"It's not that simple, changeling. Your assumptions about my own power are halfway correct: albeit I do have the raw power needed, there's the unavoidable fact that, without links formed to a central point - pathways, if you will - to guide the universes to a central point. If this is not somehow achieved, existence will start moving rapidly in random, chaotic directions, and my job will be made infinitely more difficult. However, I can do it if I have representatives from various multiverses...should I have them, I would be able to link them all together via the connections from said 'representatives'. And no, I do not wish to cleanse all life from your planet...although I do see the hitch involved with killing the princesses. Yes, it would seem this planet lacks a natural rotation, and thus it must be artificially moves in order to sustain life. This much I have witnessed. I could easily give this planet it's own rotation, thusly eliminating need for them. And as for what I'll do after I succeed? Well..."

His own eyes narrowed in return, and he stared directly into the Changeling queen's eyes. He had an big lie planned out for this, rife with half-truths.

"Let me put it like this. You and your hordes feed off love, yes? Well, it's the exact opposite for me, as I live to stir fear and loathing in the hearts of others. In fact, although I can derive sustenance from physical sources, my own main source of nutrition is such negative emotions. Empty emotions...those that speak of darkness and Void. Why do I feed on the darker side of the emotional 'coin', you may ask? Well, the answer is quite simple, really. You stated there were beings far worse than even yourselves, than Nightmare Moon, than even Discord, that, in your own words, "They prevent the emergence of creatures far worse than just Discord and Nightmare Moon." Hrmph......have you not realized the truth yet?"

He stood once again, and the chair dissolved into thin air. Then, he literally melted into a pool of disgusting, gory filth...and said puddle took on the shape of a massive black orb. The orb floated upward, slowly...then it began to change shape, forming into a beast that could only be described as an ultimate nightmare-beast, something weaved from the very fabric of fear itself. His physical 'true form.'

gl-673-1354476064.jpg

The huge beast of darkness floated almost completely still in the sky, at least the size of a skyscraper, with all eyes closed. It was almost invisible, as it absorbed most light and little reflected off it's surface. Then it's hundreds of glowing, hellish eyes (it has more than seen in the pic) and it's multitudes of mouths opened up, and a great deal of pseudopods lanced from it and grabbed large chunks of earth, ripping them from the ground. The giant halo structure behind Vastator's hideous head pulsed with purple/black energy, and the eldritch abomination's wings spread far. It struck the ground with the scythe on it's tail multiple times, and it's most alarming quality became apparent...the goddamn thing has no skin. Red muscles stained almost black by blood (in fact, he was constantly dripping black blood from many places in this form, but this is normal) scintillated slighty in the pale moonlight. Not to mention this think stinks to high heaven too, he reeks of death and decay in this form. The six hands on his six eyed arms were balled up in fists, except for his top-left one which pointed an unholy claw straight at Chrysalis. Every single eye (including the ones on it's horned head) turned quickly, directing a gaze that spoke of how ancient and horrible this beast was, showing the trillions upon trillions of years of torment and death this thing has wreaked, at Chrysalis's own eyes. His voice somehow managed to become even scarier in this form, as the sound of rending flash and cracking bone was added in to his speech.

"I AM one of those very beings you assume is held in check by the Elements. I am the darkness beyond time and space...I am the demon that stalks in the deepest recesses of all beings...I am the realization of the harsh truth of existence."

The foul thing's aura momentarily lashed out again, making everything else in the immediate area besides Vastator feel an immense pressure upon themselves, as if the gravity in the area around the Hive had just been multipled by a factor of ten. After several seconds, this effect dissipated.

"I am giving you an offer of allegiance, a purpose in my schemes, so that mayhap we can reap the mutual benefits that we would both come to gain should we succeed. You'll have a much expanded food source, and I will be free to put any number of beings I choose through hell for my own sustenance. Besides, how can you be sure your own planned takeover of Canterlot will execute without much incident? They know about you, and they could well be preparing something, like, an army to defend themselves against threat like you. I'm only taking a shot in the dark, but if your kingdom had been plagued by multiple cosmic horrors, wouldn't you make preparations yourself? They know about you and your race, and the threat you pose to them, and they WILL be prepared for you in some way or another. Face it, you NEED me, you will never win otherwise."

What's funny is that he honestly IS unaware of Celestia and Luna forming an army once again. It really was just a good guess!
Princess Celestia (played by The_Ross)

"That was an interesting trick."

Chrysalis stood motionless. A breeze picked up the filaments of her mane. She seemed deep in thought. Her changelings had calmed, now circling in slow, lazy ellipses.

"Care to see another?"

Behind her, the changeling swarm faded, and seemed to blow away like dust on the wind. The hive itself followed, crumbling to ash, then dissolving into the earth itself.

"Thank you, Vastator. This conversation has been most... instructive."

Chrysalis herself melted down into a black and green puddle of goo, then sank beneath the ground. Vastator was left standing alone in the middle of a salt flat, with not even the song of birds to keep him company.

Palace of the Sun and Moon
Canterlot

"That is the end of the transmission. Well, Chrysalis? Now you have the proof you wanted. What do you say?"

The magically projected image of Chrysalis' head loomed before the Royal Sisters, translucent. The three of them had been watching another, similar projection, but this one had been a recording of the conversation between Vastator and the Chrysalis illusion.

"Ha! As if I would ally myself with the likes of that... thing." After a pause, she continued, "Yes, I can see that this is a threat to my subjects as well as yours - and the whole world for that matter. Very well. Let us work together against this common enemy, for now. One thing bothers me, however - what of the Elements? Could you not simply banish this apparition as you have so many others?"

"I fear what might happen to Twilight Sparkle and her friends before they could get close enough to use them. This is not some whimsical manifestation of disorder, or a vengeful spirit, but one of the Dark Ones themselves, spoken of in myths that were old when Luna and I were young."

In truth, the Elements had been weakening ever since their re-tuning by Twilight - partly the reason such a being could even enter their region of the material plane in the first place. There could be no guarantee that they would even function. Celestia did not wish to impart this information to someone who had been her enemy just five minutes ago, and would be again - if they survived.

"Reasonable. Well then, I will begin re-imprinting my subjects at once. By this time tomorrow, no changeling will consider a pony an enemy. I must away to prepare my own defenses, but I shall contact you again soon to discuss matters of strategy and to exchange intelligence." Chrysalis' head vanished abruptly.

"Can we really trust her?" asked Luna.

"Of course not," replied Celestia. "And neither can she trust us. But we will each do what we must. Speaking of which - what of our own preparations? Our army is strong, but it will not be enough, I fear. How goes your work with the ECU?"

"It will be ready soon. But we still need a pilot."

"I know just the mare for the job."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Omniversal Chaos (OPEN)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus