Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Omniversal Chaos (OPEN)

Vadraaghain (played by GrandFinale)

It has been several millenia since his last incursions into existence. The God of the Void had learned one thing from those two invasions - that he had been too direct in his proceedings, thus leading to handy defeats by those who would stand tall in the face of annihilation. It was, by this point, that Vastator made his decision...this time, he would be more subtle, he would call in other forces with which to mobilize in his attacks, and he would stay in the seemingly impregnable shadows.

A tear in space-time, one that showed the pitch-black emptiness that resided beyond all, was torn by claws of purest darkness into existence in a very remote corner of a dead universe, and the massive bulk of the God of Nothingness clawed it's way out, a beast of eldritch complexity bedecked with many bladed tentacles. The god-thing's massive wings flapped through the vacuum of space wildly, and from it's three mouths ejected deep clouds of violet gases that reeked of death, and formed a nebula of evil power that practically pulsated with the mighty beast's power. At the center of the gargantuan cloud (it was at least a whole astronomical unit in diameter), it pulled together pieces of floating matter from all corners of the darkened, dead universe with dim stars and numerous fields of debris, and formed them into a large rocky planet of blue-black waters, with an atmosphere of deep red and violet hues, and black rocks, mountains, and lands. Confuse this process not with actual creation of matter, all Vastator did was cobble together a planet of the matter already existing in this universe (he's actually incapable of creating such things as planets all by himself, the best he can do in the way of creation is make himself new weapons and such, so he needs already-existing matter for these things, and don't even mention trying to create living beings). It would reside at the very center of this, it's new fortress, and plot it's evil schemes against all that drew breath.

This time, there would be no failure. And...there would be nothing at all left.

((Yeah, Vas's decided to cause trouble once again for all existence, yet this time he's going to take a more hands-off approach, unlike his previous advances. Really, this RP is mainly my way of making up for stupid decisions in the past with this guy, and to establish that the dark should indeed be feared. Ordinarily, I would put this in Fantasy RPs, but this is going to be affecting many, MANY universes, on a grand scale. In other words, any character from any timeline in any universe, even if they're from an official series, can join in here, as long as there's a good reason as to why they've become involved. In truth, this is going to be more of a full-on Cosmic Horror Story, if anything. Besides, I've been inactive here for so long, it's about time I did something again!

EDIT: Changed Alphanus's name to Vastator, the old one sucked because it had ANUS in it.))";
Jadis (played anonymously)

(OOC: Alright, I'm game.)

Jadis walked through a street, trying to hide herself. Blend in. No doubt Xavier's assassins had followed her here, to this world.

The girl's beautiful gown had been replaced with uncomfortably skinny jeans, a t-shirt, and a grey... What did these people call them? Ah, yes. Hoodies.

The hood was on, even though it was a perfectly sunny, warm day. Of course, the shudder Jadis felt gave her cause to worry. Something, somewhere, had been released, and it was evil. The energy in the stars seemed to tell her the same story. What's happening up there?
Vadraaghain (played by GrandFinale) Topic Starter

((Also, you seem to already be aware, but I just wanna make sure - any character can start this out on any world. Soon enough, everyone will be taken to the Big Bad's lair.))

Well, I guess that's just what happens when one of the most powerful beings of all decides to become active, eh? She may notice that some extremely odd beings are walking around the world she's currently on......they look to have charred black skin, and they all have a faint purple-black aura about them......
Blake Numara (played by Trowa)

(Well this sounds like fun, let's hope this actually goes somewhere instead of a slow death, eh? Been happening too often in my efforts.)

Blake had been working on some of his junk sculptures when suddenly his fire flared out of control and turned the thing into slag. He gasped at what had just happened and remembered he hadn't had any issues like this since he first learned of his abilities.

"Well that was stra-", he was cut off as another flare kicked up. His eyes widened, "This isn't good!"
Unable to think of what may have been causing this he ran downstairs to his basement and into the room he had dubbed "The Furnace" to try and wait for this strange phenomena to pass.

Whatever was going on was causing some weird flux in his power. He could have swore it seemed to be getting stronger, or at least more unstable. Then his conscious thoughts ceased as his mind poured forth a torrent of fire.

It was always a side-effect when Vastator awoke and started getting nearer and nearer to full strength that sporadic anomalous phenomena would occur at random throughout existence, ranging from a few scant plants on (a) planet(s) turning red and/or black, up to people's powers going randomly haywire, and all the way up to the extremely rare occurrence of stars going supernova before their time and forming into black holes. Sometimes this could be used in the god's advantage, although it was mostly an unconscious thing...

The girl noticed the strange-looking people, and gasped. Humans and human-variants were the only ones to exist on this world, right? Then her Starian energy fluctuated. "Ah!" Random orbs of light-blue energy began appearing all over the place, having different elemental effects on anyone who touched them. Some would be burned, while others would feel the pain of frostbite. Still others would find that small leaves sprouted from their bodies, or had the feeling that they were dead walking.

"Not good..." Jadis ran as fast as she could to get out of this street, and to a place that was less civilized, like a forest. There she could calm down, and reign in her elemental powers. What is going on? She looked to the sky, starting to put two and two together...

The odd beings threw up shields of dark energy, and began stalking Jadis. These beings are Inanis Demons, a race of demons that Vastator conquered and turned to his side many eons ago, and are now fiercely loyal to their god. They seemed to blend into the shadows as they stalked Jadis, their shields deflecting any of Jadis's wild, uncontrollable blasts until they reached the forest with her. Lowering their shields, they literally melted into the shadows of the trees and slowly moved in, hopefully unnoticed (it's up to you to decide whether they're noticed or not).

Oh no... Jadis mistook these creatures following her for creatures from her own world, which were called Shadows. These were equally as evil as Alphanus' followers, if not more so. Of course, those creatures were actually the embodiment of darkness, and not demons powerful enough to harness it, like Alphanus's demons were. Jadis ran even faster, trying to concentrate her blasts of energy in light, instead of random elements, which for the most part worked. She hoped they would leave her alone, trying to call out to Thilga, her faithful bodyguard and only fellow Atlantian on this lonely and obscure world. The skinny jeans were not helping Jadis to run any faster, and in her opinion were immodest. She wished she could fight, but her powers were out of her control for the moment. Something that never happened. All the more reason for her belief that something horribly wrong was going on amongst the Stars.

Meanwhile, Starian warriors in space tried to fend off Alphanus' dark aura, some exploding into supernovas and sucking in their comrades. Others survived, and retreated. Whole constellations moved, trying to protect themselves from, and later, simply live through the attack.

All at once, the dark effects of the god retreated from Jadis's universe completely. Told you they were random! Considering that, however, the effects may resume soon, or they may not resume until much later.

Regardless, the demons still chased Jadis, manifesting back into their physical forms - first impressions were that they were EXTREMELY tall, easily raching the eight foot mark or above. Second was that their skin was charred completely black, as if they were burn victims, with red-black blood seeping everywhere. This was actually normal for them, though. They literally had no eyes, their sockets seeming to be empty black voids. Even still, they could see just like you or me, and there were indeed tiny points of deep purple light in the empty sockets. Their mouths, when opened, also seemed to be completely empty black voids, but this is actually just dark power continually funneling out of their mouths - on the inside, there's sharp teeth, a tongue, the works. They all had a pair of large, leathery wings, but they seemed to be in a state of advanced decay, as the flesh on them seemed to be melted...regardless, they worked just fine. They also had a myriad of weapons, ranging from swords, axes, spears, and even guns. Rather startlingly, their voices were normal, but always had a bit of unnatural reverb to them. The largest one, the one leading this squad at an imposing 11 ft 5 inches, stepped forward and pointed a grisly hand at Jadis.

"Our master has deemed you a threat, and wishes you eliminated. Prepare yourself for the Void."

They all rushed at Jadis after the leader was done talking. Don't be intimidated by their somewhat eldritch appearances, however, they're only a bit less frail than most humans.

Jadis glared at the tall one. "Me? I've done nothing but hide! I'm the least threat you'll find!" She was clearly annoyed with running, and her powers had gotten back under control. Bad news for these guys. Royal Atlantian blood could harness more Starian energy than even the most advanced regular Atlantian warrior. Her first target was obviously the one who spoke to her, placing a giant forcefield around him. It would electrocute and burn him, and was solid, unbreakable. The field shrank rapidly, until it began to crush the thing. "Tell your leader I won't tolerate any more attacks." She realized with relief that these weren't Xavier's forces, and were merely just cosmic warriors trying to kill her.

Sadly, she'd have to to better - black bolts of lightning radiated from the demon and collided with the field, causing the front half of it to recede, allowing the monster to walk through. Every single one decided to zerg rush her at this point, all firing off bolts of purple-black energy at random at her. Really though, Vastator never DID send them here, they just assume that anyone with proficient enough powers is a threat to the dark god and they chase them down. They're actually rather dim, for the most part...there are a lot of other Inanis Demons that do follow orders when given. Also, I feel like mentioning that if Jadis goes wild enough with attacks, it'll probably work - there's a lot here to hit, after all.
Thilga (played anonymously)

Oh, you are dead. Would resonate in every creature's mind as if they were hearing it loud and clear, as if they were hearing it. It was Thilga's voice, and though he never said a word, he could communicate quite clearly. The man appeared, wearing a sword across his back and steel, short-spiked knuckle gauntlets on his hands. He slammed his fist into the first demon he saw, imbuing his assault with Starian energy and hellfire for good measure. This process would be repeated multiple times with a barrage of melee attacks in rapid succession and often combination of each other. The man could be made out of fire and he wouldn't burn things anymore than he was right now.
The Riaqu (played anonymously)

The things were being offed in droves, and in just the space of one minute, almost all the detachment had been decimated. The leader, having survived the assault, gave a desperate order.

"RETREAT!!!"

He managed to teleport away in a black flash, as did the rest of the survivors. The corpses began to melt at that very moment into puddles of liquid gore before completely disappearing, as if they didn't exist at all.

Back at the planet in the dead universe, Vastator was busy screaming at the failed demon officer.

"You WHAT?!?! Do you KNOW how much opposition I may face in the future now, due to your amazing ineptitude?!?!?!?!"

The demon begged and pleaded for forgiveness, but was effortlessly smashed into a grease stain by his angry god. He growled loudly and went back to rest, thinking up new plans in case he has to deal with any would-be heroes trying to muck up his plans.
The Riaqu (played anonymously)

In hindsight, maybe those demons SHOULDN'T have gone off completely on a whim, thinking their master would approve...
Thilga (played anonymously)

Thilga, not even acknowledging that the demons were dead, walked over to Jadis. Are you alright? He asked the girl checking her up and down for potential injuries. He was, admittedly, a bit surprised at the girl's abnormally indecent garb, but said nothing.

Smiled when the demons retreated, and Thilga appeared. "Yes, I'm fine. Thank you. Something is happening in the stars, however. I can feel it. Something... Evil has awakened." She had apparently been shaken, but no cuts or other injuries of that nature. Only the discomfort of the skinny jeans, which appeared to be popular to wear in this world. Very odd. How did these people cope with the outfits?
Ditzy Doo (played by The_Ross)

(If any players are pony-averse, I'll stay out of the thread, I know some people can't stand 'em)

((Nobody should be, you do seem to be well-like around here (who could blame 'em), but you never know.))
Ditzy Doo (played by The_Ross)

(It's all good, I just don't wanna make the thread any less fun for anybody. I'll wait until the weekend so people get some free time to post, if nobody says anything, I'll assume the all clear. In the mean time, I'll finish reading the thread, 'cause it's already a doozy!)

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Omniversal Chaos (OPEN)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus