Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Omniversal Chaos (OPEN)

Vadraaghain (played by GrandFinale) Topic Starter

Multiple images of planets began to surround Vastator. He grabbed each image and crushed them, causing them to fade back into nothingness.

"Oh please, that is paltry compared to what you could do under my leadership. If I were to give you enough power, you could eradicate entire planets. But let's work you up to that, no? That's a bit...much, to start one out on."
The Shadow (played anonymously)

The Shadow, too, felt the enormous disturbance caused by Vastator's return.

Interesting... Someone new has come to... Play.... I wonder if he... Knows who I... Am?

The Shadow shifted his consciousness throughout the realms until he found one where the presence was felt strongest. (Oh, yeah. He exists simultaneously in all darkness at once. That's why Shadows travel fastest.)

Who is this...? Who is this being... That caused a... Disturbance so suddenly and so... Violently that the entire universe... Feels it?

As he was talking to the human, he noticed something was indeed off. A presence near his own level was watching, it would seem...but who? Obscuro? No, he usually doesn't eavesdrop on the dark god's conversations......maybe Interitia? She would be the type to spy on him, but this new presence was a bit stronger than her. Vastator's gaze shifted about the massive area, as he tried to deduce what was causing this phenomenon he was picking up. That's right about when he noticed that it seemed to be hiding in the darkness itself, as if it was rendering itself invisible...trying to do that is like trying to hide inside of a tiger by climbing inside of it, you know. The lights of his eyes intensified a bit as he made his awareness of this new party known.

"Whosoever may be watching...mayhap you could show yourself?"

Oh, dearest... You honestly believe that I can just... Show myself? As if I am... Invisible? No. I am already here... I am beside you... I am the very darkness that surrounds you... But of course that cannot satisfy your visually reliant mind. No. I must come up with a form for myself, is that correct?

What an interesting specimen, this creature of mass destruction. This one so bent on death and killing all things.. Destroying all worlds! How fascinating.

Perhaps there may be use for this one... Big bads always make the best Shadows...

"You? You are the darkness beside me? Don't make me laugh. You cannot be me, for I am the darkness, NOT you. Let that be clear now, lest I smash you away from existence right now...if such is possible. I know beings like you, you can be very hard to dispose of. But surely a being that claims to exist within darkness itself, that which I have primordially embodied, and NOT YOU, can be affected by me..."

Yeah, he was feeling pretty miffed by this guy, alright. And Vas thought he himself was pretentious!
Blake Numara (played by Trowa)

(I apologize for my long absence. Been a weeee bit busy. I'm also assuming that the conversation between Vas and The Shadow is being held in private. If mistaken I will edit.)

Blake was a bit shocked at the idea of having to eradicate entire planets,which showed on his face, but he could also understand how some species would only blindly wish for the destruction of others. As long as he wasn't just wantonly destroying people and only those that threatened him and his new home he was relatively alright with it.

Shaking his head to clear any confusion that may still be on his face he noticed that Vas seemed to be a bit distracted, and also a bit annoyed.

"Forgive me if I seemed to be a bit hesitant, I just had to come to grips with the idea. I will do what needs to be done to ensure our safety. Is there anything I can do for you at the moment?"

I am obviously distracting you from your... Activities... Please, don't allow me to keep you any longer. By all means, tend to your... Friends...

And with that, the presence was gone. Vanished, poof.

Of course he was still technically there, being the embodiment of all darkness in the universe, but that's for some other time. For all intents and purposes, Shadow had nothing to do with Vastator Inanimentum and his evil shenanigans... For now.

(Sorry for the late reply. IRL stuff and... Stuff to attend to.)

Meanwhile, the older and primordial embodiment of darkness and non-existence turned back to his new human minion. He smiles a bit, already thinking of ways to use this new turn of events to his advantage.

"I apologize, I had a private mental conversation with another being who interrupted...a being much like myself, in fact. Hrm...I kind of like him, now that I think of it. But the importance of that is naught compared to why we are here: for you."

He sat back on his throne and struck his best Slouch of Villainy, whilst quietly chuckling to himself. What a day this was shaping up to be!

"As of now, you may go to the tower and familiarize yourself with my strongest minions, the Tenebris Dominorum. I've already told them of your arrival, and I'm quite sure my demons have been talking of you for quite a while now. 'Tis not often that humans are directly introduced into my services. After that, little else remains for you to do here...mayhap you could go and eke out some revenge against your lifelong pursuers whence your business here concludes for this eventide?"
Rashinnu (played by Katia)

[Time for me to come back in? Just want to be sure.]

((Almost. Once Blake gets back to the tower, then it'll be time...well, about. He'll have more than just one member of the Dark Ones to meet, after all.))

(I know that of course, I am just excitied. ^^;)

"It seems that would be the best course of action then," replied Blake while bowing. "Once again thank you for your hospitality and giving me refuge. After I familiarize myself with your minions a bit I believe paying those wretches from my old home a visit would be a good place to start."

Blake turned around and began to walk towards the exit portal with some minor trepidation. The transports themselves were becoming less taxing, but he was a bit apprehensive about the creatures he'd be meeting. He hesitated at the portal for a moment before walking through, thinking that no matter what he encountered they would either not bring harm to him due to his new status, or would simply get a taste of the new power he had begun to have an itch to try out.

((Actually, I should probably take care of something.))

He just thought of something - he may well lose his new minion if he doesn't let Rashinnu know that the boy is no enemy. He immediately sent her a psychic message, to go ahead and nip this potential problem in the bud.

"Rashinnu, a human is headed towards the tower. Leave him be, he is no enemy. I may have a few suspicions of him due to how easy it was to talk him in to joining me, but I doubt he will be a traitor already. At any rate, you've told me of your hatred of humans, and I will not stress my warning enough - do NOT harm him."

Sighing a bit, he leaned back even more and attempted to relax.

"Now, Blake, before you leave for the tower, you must know this - the tower is two-hundred and fifty floors high, and every fiftieth floor has one of the other five you are looking for. Don't worry, there is an elevator for ease of travel for those unable to teleport. I'll open my personal portal, it lets out at the top floor, as you have had experience with. There, you will find the entrance to the quarters of my second-in-command. Knock on it and tell him I sent you. The same for every other one - you'll be able to tell their doors as they are specially decorated."

The black portal opens again, behind Blake.

"Thank you for the instruction, I had assumed that they'd be waiting for me at the exit. I'll make sure to ask for any other instructions concerning your domain should the need arise. Might there be a method of contacting you if I have any other questions, or can I trust your subordinates enough to not try anything foolish?"

This last question was punctuated by a flare from the fire he'd seemed content to cloak himself in.

The god snapped his fingers, and several screens appeared behind him, right from thin air. These were linked to several surveillance devices throughout the tower. The whole system was designed by Obscuro, fittingly enough.

"Worry not. I have my ways of overseeing activities, no matter where I am. If they try anything, know that several consequences will befall them."

In Rashinnu's chamber, it was almost completely black and was decorated with torches of black fire. There were a few perches shaped like red feathers scattered in the walls and the flames themselves had flame shaped cravings covering them. There was one large window on the south wall from which she coul leave the chamber by. In the center was a silvery nest craved from tantalum and in the middle of this nest was Rashinnu. The phoenix was currently incubating her egg that Vastator had been gracious enough to bring back from the dead. It had been an act that had won him unmeasurable loyalty from the dark fire bird.

Suddenly Rashinnu heard a psychic message from Vas which she immediately replied mentally to.

"Very well. No harm shall come to him from me aside from that which he has brought upon himself. By this I mean, he will be safe from me as long as he doesn't try to harm me, or more importantly my egg. Should he be idiotic enough to try to harm my egg...let's just say what I did to that warlock will look like divine mercy."

With that she moved off her egg and gave it a look of intense longing. It had been over a century since the small egg with it's pattern of almost living flames had held life in it which made parting even temporarily with it difficult, yet it had to be done. She quickly used her beak to pluck some down from her chest, made a pile of it and then gently set the egg atop the pile. She then breathed a stream of fire of a precise temperature onto the egg which her down caught hold of and held tight to. Those flames would not being going out anytime soon so her egg was in no danger of growing too cold.

Finally she took to the air and flew out of her chamber in search of the others.

(Long story short, Vastator here found Rashinnu destroying ta castle, no not the one in this thread. He was impressed and propostioned to her. Rashinnu being a monster accepted. Outside the base, Vastator learned about her history and brought back her egg. In return her won her considerable loyalty and a gift from her. As to what that gift was, I'll leave that up to GrandFinale to either spill or keep secret. So there you go)

(("flew out of her chamber towards the tower" Someone's forgetting her chamber is already in the tower XDDDDDDD))

(Whoops fixed.)

With Vas's final bit of instruction Blake stepped through the portal.

This trip was nowhere near as bad as the previous ones and he suspected that he was either gettung used to them, or the change to his condition had made it easier to withstand the jumps.

Shaking off the mild disorientation that occured Blake proceeded to look for the door he'd been instructed to find. Once he found it he walked over to it and knocked, stating that he had been sent by Vas to familiarize himself with the beings he'd be working with.

(Sorry for how long it took to respond. I know I hate it when things get delayed, and I hate to be the cause of it. I'll bee keeping a closer eye on this.)
Tenebris Dominorum (played by GrandFinale) Topic Starter

What could only be described as an golden, aquatic being with six feathery wings grafted onto it (four gold, two black) and an unnatural-looking mouth and tail was floating DIRECTLY BEHIND BLAKE as the human emerged. Seemed Blake wouldn't even need to knock. The insanity effect that Blake experienced when in the presence of Vastator in his true form exists here as well, although it is less severe with this one. It's effect will diminish the lower on the power ladder Blake goes. In fact, he may be eased into getting used to this as his exposure increases, given how he had a bit of it with the big guy himself but it stopped before any big effects could manifest.

"So you've spoken with the Master, no? I overheard you conversation with our king, and I am greatly satisfied with your decision to join us! We've recently received another recruit, as he may have mentioned..."

He shook his fishy head a few times and flapped his wings a bit. Those appendages seemed to function more like arms than wings for this particular abomination, which fit seeing as he has no arms or fins naturally, and can float under his own power.

"...oh, my. Excuse me for forgetting introductions, young one. You may address me as Obscuro Veritas, but you have no idea of knowing that is my real name."

As to be expected, he's lying about that last bit...at least, somewhat. Every good lie has hints of truth: that is his real name, in a way, but a running theme with all of the Dark Ones is that their usual names are merely approximations of their true, unpronounceable names. Vas himself is the exception, his real name is close to the word 'Void'.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Omniversal Chaos (OPEN)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus