Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Essence of Blood (1x1)

Mena (played by kuroi_neko) Topic Starter

A date? He thought to himself. He had never experienced a date before, nor ever really thought about having one. Of course, with being undead and all, he would be really limited at what to do even if he did. But since Zalia was the one offering, it might make things a bit easier.

"Alright then. I can set up a little date, but does it have to be tonight? I would like to make it perfect for you," he said, kissing her hand lightly. "Just let me know what you think."
Zalia (played by CelestinaGrey)

Zalia blushed when he mentioned making things perfect. "A-ah...okay. I don't mind. Whenever you want it to be..." She watched him kiss her hand, then her eyes trailed back up to his. "So, uhm...w-what are we going to do tonight, then?" She kept a hold of his hand, her eyes locked on his.

She was thankful for being a half-vampire at times like this. Her heart was beating soundly in her chest from the affections Alezander was giving her. There was no way to mistake her feelings when her body reacted in such a way.

Not doing the date idea did put him on the spot to think of something to do. He raised his head in thought, wondering what there might be to do. He did need to finish cleaning out Marie's room, but he didn't want to involve Zalia in that. He felt it would be a bit awkward. But there was another room he did need to clean as well. His parent's old room.

He hadn't dared enter since arriving back, seeing them gone. But, he felt that with Zalia there, he might be able to confront any part of the past that might come up. "Would you like to help me clean my parents room?"

Zalia listened to him speak the rather odd request. "Uh...sure. Yeah, I'll help you." She smiled. The pieces had been put together, albeit slowly. The request was very strange, but she eventually realized he must not have been there much, if at all, in a long time. So she would take his hand, and let him lead her. She had never seen his parents bedroom.

"What about your bedroom, Alezander? Is that clean?" She giggled lightly.

A sort of 'pfft' sound came from Alezander as he closed his eyes in retort. "As clean as I need it to be," he said, feeling suddenly like his mother was talking to him. He looked down at her for a moment, and then sighed. "Thankfully, I have all of eternity to clean it."

He led her down the hall, past the study, to a door at the far end of the hall. There stood a large oak door, giving a fair assumption that what lied beyond was dark... and quiet.

Alezander took hold of the door handle, and pushed the door open with a gentle nudge. It slowly creaked to reveal a room, that seemed to stand still in time. It was obvious the decor was from several decades ago, having faded redish-orange bedding, and dark oak furniture. In all honestly, it looked to be more than a bed room. Perhaps another house would have been a better statement.

Alezander took a deep breath, reminiscing.

Zalia giggled softly. "If you say so." She smiled and would walk along with him to the door. "I suppose you're right." Eternity...was not something she had. She certainly would live longer, age slower than the average human. But her vampire blood was not enough to make her immortal. This thought made her quiet, contemplative. "Alezander, if I asked you to turn me...would you?" She knew this topic was a very sensitive one...and anyone in his right mind would probably say no. But Zalia...she wanted to be immortal. She wanted to live out immortality beside Alezander.

Her attention turned to the room as the door opened. "Wow...this is your parent's bedroom? It's like a whole other house.."

Alezander didn't answer her question right away, but instead made his way into the room. He put his hands on his hips as he looked around, taking it all in. "Definitely feels that way, since they have another living area just over there," he said, pointing over to a slight opening along the far wall.

"I hate to admit it, but I would come in here when it was storming, and hide. I was very young then, though," he said, grinning a bit.

Zalia noticed he didn't answer her question, but she didn't press it for now. "Yeah. I understand." She smiled at him and would walk around, looking it over. "So what do you want to do with this area now?" He'd asked for help cleaning it, so he probably had something in mind. She suddenly felt something bump into her leg, though. A gaze downwards found that black fluffball at her heels. "Hey, Shadow. I guess you want to help clean too, huh?" She giggled lightly.

He looked down at the bunny, quite impressed that he managed to follow them so well. He smiled and then looked back around the room. "I don't exactly know what I want to do just yet. It was quite a big step for me to come in here in the first place, and I didn't quite know what to expect. But it looks exactly like it did all those years ago."

He went over to a desk, and flipped through some papers that were sitting on it. He let out a sigh. "Do you think it would be disrespectful to clean out their room?"

Zalia thought over his question. "I don't think so." She smiled softly at him. "It's been a long time, Alezander. Humans die. It happens. Generally there's a mourning period, but I think you've passed that long ago. So I think you should. Clean the room out, maybe make it into something that you can use. I don't think that would be disrespectful at all."

She touched his arm. "There is a time to move on, Alezander."

"I think I took the time to mourn away from myself, when I left, and took so long to return. I think it would be disrespectful for me to clean out this room. I don't think I have the right to do that, since I left them to die without my knowing of it." He shook his head lightly. He wouldn't show her the actual emotion he was feeling. But instead, he smiled at her and said, "I just don't feel right doing it. I had hoped my mind would change when I came into the room, but it didn't."

Zalia looked at him, thinking for a long moment. "You need to let go, Alezander. You left them to die without your knowing of it, so why are you letting it hurt you? You didn't know it. Everyone dies, Alezander." She lifted her hand to touch his cheek. "You do have the right. It's not disrespectful. This is your house, Alezander."

She wondered how she could get him out of this slump he seemed to be in.

He smiled at her. "Did I not know? As an undying, shouldn't I have known they would die? It didn't matter when." He cleared his throat and placed his hand on her back to usher her out of the room. "We will save this for later. It seems to only put me in a bad mood to be in here." He felt uncomfortable feeling that way, like he once did when he first entered his sister's room all those years ago.

One step at a time, he told himself.

Zalia blinked and walked out with him, smiling softly. But her smile left in favor of a serious expression. "Well, since you're already in a bad mood...will you answer my question now?" She tugged on his sleeve and looked him in the eyes. "If I asked you to...would you Turn me?" She wondered if it occurred to him that she wasn't immortal.

"Please answer me, Alezander." She didn't want him dodging the question again.

He looked down at her, and didn't hesitate in answering. "No." It was quite blunt when he said it, and he almost didn't want to explain his answer, but he felt he should. "Why would I curse you with something that I don't even want? It would be far better if I let you lived your normal life, and once it was gone... end my existence. It wouldn't be hard to do at all, you know."

He rested his hand her head. "But we won't worry about that until later --- much later."

Zalia had expected the answer, but it still hurt. "I don't have much later, Alezander! I'm already half of it, why don't you make me all of it? It's not like you're turning an innocent human into a vampire." She had a point. "I don't want to live and die. It's not fair. I don't want to become an old lady while you're still the same." Sure, it would take longer than normal for her to age. But she would still become an old lady eventually.

"I'm not saying it's a decision that has to be made now. But...I want to be Turned. And I want to be Turned before I'm older than you, Alezander." She took his hand and looked him in the eyes. "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. I don't want to lose that. I want to be your princess forever."

There was a sinking feeling in his chest as she tried to convince him. "Alright, I'll think about it," he said, though he was almost dead-set into his decision. He then bent down, picking something up.

"But this little man..." he held out Shadow to Zalia. "I think he wants something, since he keeps following us around. Either that, or he really loves my shoe." Rabbits seemed to be rather interesting creatures, now that he actually got to watch ones actions.

Zalia smiled in relief. "Thank you. That's all I ask, Alezander." When he mentioned Shadow, she giggled softly. "Yeah. I think it's time to give him something to eat." She took the bunny and snuggled her head against the fluffball, then went down to the kitchen to get the rabbit something to eat.

"Alezander can you come here please?" She had fed Shadow, and once Alezander obliged she wrapped her arms around him and hugged him tight, burying her face in his shoulder. "I love you."

Alezander couldn't help but feel that Shadow might grow to be quite fat, if he kept getting fed all the time. Of course, anything that ate more than him seemed odd nowadays. When Zalia called to him though, he obliged, making his way toward her. He was surprised to feel her hug him and wondered if something might be wrong, or if she just felt exceptionally loving today.

He still wasn't used to someone saying 'I love you' to him, but he didn't mind saying them back one bit. "I love you, too," he said, hugging her back gently.

Zalia needed to be reminded. Things were so fragile and fleeting all her life, anything that resembled happiness never lasted long. She was positive that Alezander's love was only temporary. So she wanted to hear it and have it while she could. There was a happiness unlike anything she had ever known, whenever she heard him say those words. It was like her heart had suddenly been given wings.

"So what should we do today?" Since they weren't going to be cleaning the room, they needed something else to do. She looked up at him and stuck her tongue out. "Are you sure your room is clean?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Essence of Blood (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus