Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Essence of Blood (1x1)

Mena (played by kuroi_neko) Topic Starter

As he walked, he pondered the question. But to him, the answer was quite simple, no matter how long he thought about it. "I would leave, most definitely, but only as long as I knew the estate would remain safe. This is the only thing I have left that belonged to my family. I won't let it go without a fight."

His eyes were serious, and stern.
Zalia (played by CelestinaGrey)

Zalia listened and nodded. "Alright. If that time would ever come, be sure I'm gonna fight right beside you." She gave his hand a squeeze and smiled up at him. Once they finally went inside, Zalia reluctantly let go of his hand. "So now what?" She glanced at the clock, wondering how long they had until dawn.

"...Alezander?" She was thinking. "Can I...sleep over in your room?" She knew this could get a flat out no. "We don't have to be in the same bed, or anything. But it might be nice, for both of us. Knowing that someone else is in the room. Someone we trust."

He looked at her for a long moment, and then laughed quietly. Not at her question at all, though she might think that. He recovered and looked at her. "My room is far to messy for you, isn't it?" he said, moving back on a previous topic they had discussed earlier that day. He pulled her closer to him, and looked down at her with a smile.

"How about, I sleep in your room instead?"

Zalia listened to him mention it being messy, and she giggled. "Nooo. It's not too terribly messy probably." She smiled up at him as he pulled her close. "Are you sure my room isn't too bright for you? 'cause it's going to be daylight and all, remember?" She did wonder though, why he wasn't wanting her to go into his room. He trusted her now, didn't he?

"If the room's okay for you to sleep in, then we can sleep in my room on one condition!" She looked at him stubbornly. "You use the bed." He was going to be sleeping longer than her, after all.

He placed his finger on his chin, rubbing it lightly as if thinking. He then smiled down at her and nodded his head. "Alright then, deal. We'll just close all the curtains before we fall asleep, that way nothing bothers me." He pulled away from her, though almost reluctantly, and looked up the stairs. "Well then, let me get ready for bed," he said, turning back to her for a moment. "And you should do the same."

Zalia listened to him and nodded with a happy smile. "Okay. I'll see you in my room." She trotted upstairs happily and went into her bedroom, getting into her pajamas. Then she got out the extra comforter and a sheet, and set it out on the ground, taking an extra pillow as well. She laid on the comforter; it was certainly fluffy enough, and she didn't get too cold while she slept.

Making sure all the curtains were completely closed and Shadow was curled up in his own bed, Zalia waited happily for Alezander.

He dressed into his sleepwear, and removed his jewerly from his ears and wrist. He took a deep breath, feeling somewhat nervous, though he wasn't sure why. But he straightened up and made his way slowly to Zalia's room.

He entered and looked to her as she was waiting on the floor. He smiled down at her, and then made his way to sit on her bed, facing her. "That doesn't look like it will be comfortable at all..." He reached out for her, lifted her up and twisted over to put her on the bed with him.

Zalia smiled at him as he came in. "Hi!" She watched him, though she squeaked in surprise when she was picked up! Her cheeks turned pink as she was put on the bed with him. Was this okay? "Are you sure I won't wake you up if I get up during the day?" She held his hands, shy but happy that he was there. His touch always comforted her.

"Not at all," he said, closing his eyes and smiling. It had been a very long time since he had slept in a bed with someone else. And only once before had he been romantically involved with someone. This made him feel a bit more nervous, since the last time, it didn't end well. But, he truly felt Zalia would never betray him.

Zalia smiled back at him. She moved a little closer to him, nuzzling her head against his chest. "Alezander? Thank you for agreeing to sleep with me tonight." She blushed a bit. "I feel...special. Safe. Like nothing bad could ever happen to me when I'm with you." She wrapped her arms around him a little and hugged him.

"Goodnight, Alezander. Sweet dreams."

When she hugged him, he hugged her back. He watched her for a long moment, just taking it all in. It was such a nice, warm feeling that he hadn't experienced in such a long time. He was glad to have it back.

"Good night, and sweet dreams, Zalia," he said, before kissing her lightly on the forehead.

Zalia fell asleep soon after their goodnights. She slept without fuss, without nightmares. Everything was calm for her. For the first time in a while, she didn't even have a hint of a bad dream. She woke up halfway between lunch and dinner, her stomach rumbling. Carefully, very carefully, she got out of bed.

Then it was off to the kitchen in search of food.

Alezander only woke when she stirred, but remembered that he had said she wouldn't disturb him while he was sleeping if she woke. So he kept his eyes close, and continued to look of slumber. When she had left the room, he turned over, stretching out across the bed.

When Zalia entered the kitchen, the lights were on, as if someone had forgot to turn them off before going to bed. And there was lettuce all over the floor, as if someone... or something... had trailed off with it.

Zalia stared at the lettuce, then giggled. "Shadow. Silly little bunny." She followed the trail of lettuce, using those not-so-human senses of hers to follow the smell of it as well. She needed to scold the bunny for getting lettuce out, after all! But how in the world had he opened the fridge? Unless she accidentally left it open a crack last time she had used it...

The trail lessened as it continued on, but it was still traceable to the front door, which was cracked open slightly. But there was no sign of the culprit anywhere. More than likely, they had escaped outside.

Upstairs, Alezander rolled over once again in the bed, yawning a bit.

Zalia followed the trail outside even. Why not? "How did you open the door, silly?" She sighed and looked around for a trace of where the little furball had gone. "Shadow, where are you? C'mere, Shadow. Heere, Shadow Shadow Shadow." She smiled. "C'mooon, Shadow." She sighed. "Buddy, you're not old enough to be out on your own yet. C'mon, come to mommy."

She was starting to get worried.

There was a sound nearby and then an "Ah." Somebody stumbled up the side walk with something in their hand. "I almost stepped on this little guy. Is this who you were looking for?"

A young man made his way up to Zalia, holding out the little fuzz ball known as Shadow. "Sorry to intrude, but I've been a bit curious about this place as of late." He gave her a smile and stopped a few feet in infront of her. He tossed his shaggy blond hair from his face, and looked at her with his sparkling blue eyes.

Zalia looked at the person and then smiled. "Oh, Shadow! Yes it is, thank you so much!" She took the fuzzball and cuddled him gently. "Little bunny, you should know better than to go out on your own like that!" She looked at the young man and smiled back. "It's okay. Just as long as you're not like, completely trespassing, y'know? Is there anything I can help you with?" She cradled the little bunny in her arms.

She was wary of the stranger, but not very outwardly.

"Ah," he said, laughing a bit as he rubbed the back of his head. "You might find this completely insane, but I came to visit my Aunt and Uncle for a few months, and when I arrived the other day, they told me they thought a vampire lived in this mansion. So I had to check it out for myself. I'm sorry for trespassing, my curiousity got the better of me, you know?"

He looked at her for a moment, and then added, "You aren't the vampire, are you?" He looked up at the sun, and realized how stupid his question might seem.

Zalia stared at him as if he were crazy. "Vampire?" She sighed. "I understand. But really, that's just silly. There's no such thing as vampires." When he questioned her, she gave him a 'look'. "Do I look like a vampire?" She sighed.

"Anyways, really. It's okay, but now that you know there's no vampires here, don't come creeping around. People could call the cops over that." She smiled gently. "But I owe you for finding Shadow, so I'm not gonna tattle on you this time."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Essence of Blood (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus