Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Essence of Blood (1x1)

Mena (played by kuroi_neko) Topic Starter

He smiled until she brought up his room again. He rubbed the top of her head, to ruffle her hair, before saying, "Why are you so obsessed with my room being clean? I'm quite comfortable in and, and I afraid that if it is clean, I won't be able to sleep when I need to." He then laughed a bit, and gave her a quick hug.

"Let's go for a stroll outside," he suggested, looking toward the front door. "I'm afraid my flowers haven't been tended to, so you will have to ignore any weeds that make the backyard less than impressive."
Zalia (played by CelestinaGrey)

Zalia giggled softly as he ruffled her hair. "Because you don't seem like the kind of person who would bother with keeping their room clean!" she teased. She hugged him back, then smiled. "I think a stroll sounds lovely." She took his hand and walked towards the front door with him. "It's okay. Maybe I'll pull some weeds later today while you sleep." She didn't quite have the same sleeping pattern as he did, after all.

"No, not at all!" He said, stopping the moment he had opened the door. "I wouldn't want to see you work on something so plain and silly. The dirt doesn't suit you at all." He smiled and rested his hand against her cheek. "I can do it. I actually enjoy doing it. I grew most of the garden we had when I was little. I didn't have many friends, so I had to occupy my time somehow."

Zalia pouted up at him. "I like it when you treat me like a princess, Alezander, but that doesn't mean I want to be coddled and confined like one too." When he touched her cheek, however, she had no more rejections. How could she resist him? She nuzzled her face against his cheek and kissed his palm with a warm smile. "C'mon, let's go see them. Maybe they're not so bad after all."

She took his hand again and started walking out. She liked going on walks with him. And she felt like this time, she wouldn't be in danger of potentially harming herself.

Alezander let her lead for a little bit, before he quickened his pace just slightly and lead her on himself. He rounded the house, heading into the back yard, and stepped onto the paved pathway that would lead a winding route between the slightly overgrown garden. It was a bit weedy, and some of the flowers had died. But in other areas, the flowers had flourished, and made quite a pretty sight.

"These purple ones are pretty," he said, pointing to them as they walked past them. "And these are my favorites... the ones I suspect you are named after." He knelt down beside a group of Azalias, and pulled a few weeds from their bed.

Zalia was happy to walk along with him, traveling the path and looking at all the pretty flowers. It was weedy and some flowers were dead but it was still very pretty. "Yes, they are pretty!" When he said that the Azalias were his favorite, she blushed. "They're your favorites? Really?" She fidgeted slightly, watching him weed. "Uhm...yeah. My mom really liked Azalias apparently. So I was named Zalia."

"Well, she named you well. You have bloomed into a lovely young lady, just like a flower." He smiled at her, before picking a blossom and placing it gently in her hair. He then stood and continued on his walk. At the end of the path, underneath a very large oak tree, was a bush that seemed to be nearly dead, expect for a couple of green leaves on it.

"This used to be a beautiful rose bush. I plan to bring it back to its previous beauty. I want you to see it for yourself."

Zalia blushed as he complimented her and she just gave a little nod. "T-thanks.." She walked along with him, still blushing from the blossom placed in her hair. But curiousity got the best of her at the end of the path. "I'd love to see it. I'm sure it's beautiful, it looks like it really would be."

She smiled at him. "I look forward to seeing it, Alezander."

Alezander smile, brushing a strand of hair out of her face, and bent down to kiss her lightly on her lips.

"Aw, how cute..." came a less than enthusiastic voice from nearby. Kai, stood near a smaller tree, looking at them both. "Well, at least I know you guys are so happy, while I'm stuck in town avoiding everyone's stares. Whatever happened, they are accusing anyone that possesses vampiric traits. And unfortunately, I fall into that catagory."

Alezander stood up straight and looked over to her, grasping Zalia's hand lightly. "What do you mean? I thought they were far past the myth of vampires. Wouldn't they just think it a murder?"

Kai laughed. "They may have thought it myth, but your seclusion from the people of this village, and the evidence left behind from the victims makes the suspicion rise fast. I know you didn't attack them, and I know I didn't..." Her gaze moved to Zalia.

Alezander scoffed at Kai. "I know it wasn't Zalia either."

Zalia smiled back at him, returning that kiss that she absolutely loved to get. Her face turned red though from shy embarrassment when she heard Kai's voice. "Are the bodies really that incriminating?" She moved a little closer to Alezander as he held her hand. Kai wasn't quite friendly with her.

"Is it really that odd for him to be so secluded. Any way you look at it, he's just a rich antisocial guy." She frowned when Kai looked at her. "I didn't attack anyone." she said firmly. She knew she hadn't. "It had to have been father." she sighed a little, her grip on Alezander's hand tightening. "He's trying to incriminate us. He knows it's causing us trouble."

Kai waved her hand in front of her face and sighed. "The point is, the town is angry and looking for any excuse to take in anyone that seems different. That includes me. The odd thing is though, even though I know your father's scent, I haven't picked up on it at all since I've been staying here. Can he make a full apparition of himself, that can actually cause harm? That's the only way he could get past me. If he can't... then I think we are dealing with something else. Perhaps even another vampire."

Alezander scoffed. "There aren't any vampires in this area. You should know, at least." Kai shrugged. Sometimes, they have a weaker scent. It may even be a half blood. I can't even pick up on Zalia while I'm this close to her, so it's possible."

Zalia thought things over. "No, not that much. Not enough to kill. He's not powerful enough for that." She paled a little. "Another half-blood? But would a half-blood really be so sloppy, Kai? I mean, I know I always tried my hardest to hide what I was because I knew I'd get in trouble. I wonder..." She went quiet and stared down at the ground. "I wonder if it's a wild one." she finally finished. "If the half-blood is just...crazed. I heard that happens to some. The mixed blood tears them up inside and they go insane. It almost happened to me once."

Alezander looked curiously to Zalia, but Kai spoke before he could say anything. "It is possible... but, something doesn't seem quite right. If it were just a crazed half-blood, the attacks would seem more random. To me... it was like they were strategically placed."

Alezander shook his head. "But why would someone want to do that? In all my time travelling, I made no enemies. I doubt Zalia would have made any." This just didn't make sense at all.

"In any case, watch your back. If it is someone, then they are doing this for a reason. Just becareful, okay?" Kai said, turning from them, but not before Alezander said, "Showing concern, are we?" There was an obvious smirk on his face. Kai huffed and continued on.

Zalia listened to them speak back and forth. Enemies? Only her father? She sighed and rubbed her neck. She just let the two talk, and once Khai was gone she looked at Alezander. "I'm sorry. None of this trouble happened when I wasn't here. It might be someone with a grudge against my dad. Or maybe against me, because I have a 'happy life' as a half-blood. I don't know. I'm sorry."

She looked down for a few moments, then suddenly hugged him.

Alezander had been turning back to Zalia, when she had suddenly run at him and hugged him. He gave a soft chuckle, before rubbing her hair gently while putting his other arm around her. "Don't worry. I don't think it is anyone meaning to intentionally hurt us. And even if it were, I wouldn't let anything happen to you."

He continued to smile as he straightened the flower in her hair. It had managed to slip a bit, when she had run at him.

Zalia held him close. She felt like a child, the way he treated her. But he treated her lovingly, and she truly adored it. Still, sometimes it made her wonder just how he loved her. As a woman, or as a child? She looked up at him for a long few moments. His words had easily reassured her of their safety, but now she needed reassured of something else.

"Kiss me." She had a stubborn little look on her face, even though her cheeks were a soft pink color.

He looked down at her, surprised by her sudden stubbornness. "I'm afraid if I keep giving into your demands, you might grow tired of my kiss," he said, but didn't object any further to her request. He bent down, taking his right hand and tilted her chin upward. He kissed her gnetly, holding it longer than he usually did.

Zalia kissed him back, cheeks turning pink. But the fact that the kiss lasted longer certainly pleased her. When it was over, she hugged him. "I'll never grow tired of your kiss, Alezander. Never." She let go of him after a moment and then looked away shyly, taking his hand in hers. "We should...keep on with our walk?"

After a few more moments of silence, she spoke. Quietly. "Sorry I uhm...was so demanding. I just needed reassuring. I-if I get annoying, or obnoxious or something, just tell me okay? I don't...I don't want to do something that'll make you hate me.." He was so amazing, after all. And she was just...her.

"You could never do anything to make me hate you," Alezander said, smiling down at her and brushing his fingers along her check. He then kissed her forehead for reassurance.

As to continuing there walk, he wasn't sure it was such a good idea, with the thought that someone, or something might be out there to hurt one or both of them. But, it was his own yard, and what would it mean if he didn't feel safe at his own estate? So he took her hand and led her along the path once again.

Zalia smiled back at him, though deep inside she wasn't so sure. But at least he felt that way right now. She smiled as he kissed her forehead and touched her cheek, then started walking along with him. "Alezander, did you ever think about...well, moving? I mean, in the case that maybe things got too bad around here and you needed to go away. Would you?" She wondered, if he would stay at his home even if it meant death.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Essence of Blood (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus