Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Real Life Romance

I'm just curious to know how many people actually found their significant others here on RPR. I'm one of those said people
Taramafor

RPR? No idea. But it does happen online often enough to not be as rare as some might pretend.
halwa_noori

Actually no, I don't know if I could actually consider something like that since my fiance and I have known eachother well before childhood since our families were close friends. From a different perspective like yours, it must have been pretty amazing for you, no?
Not here on RPR, but on Tumblr in that roleplay community. <3
MasterWinter

Met many lovers via RP, but not any specifically from here on RPR. None of them have ever lasted. Plus now these days people don't want long distance relations. Not that I blame them, just saying.
I met my husband on this site. We have been together for 5 years, married for 2 and from different countries but we made it work :)
Nope. Can’t say I’ve ever had any sort of connection of that kind with anyone here. I’m sort of scared of long distance relationships too. I wouldn’t mind being in one, but I’m the type of person who has to know someone for over a year or so before I even remotely think of that stuff.

I have major trust issues and probably why I’m in the place I’m at right now lmao
Actually this is a rather interesting topic, I joined RPR a few days ago and well I haven't found anyone really XD (not that I'm searching though >.<). The thing is that the closest thing I have done was getting married in ragnarok online (non RP server) and I was really happy about it until the server closed, of course I met different people over the years in different settings asking them to be my partner some said Yes while others said No.

The long distance relationship is in my opinion a strong factor in a relationship, hell one of my relationships ended because of that but still the feeling of being unable to hug/kiss or even comfort your loved one in the long run is rather disturbing.

So for me internet relationships are very enjoyable but to be honest I'm kind of tired of how quickly they end but that's just my case, If you managed to pull it off you have my deepest respect.
_Hermes_ Topic Starter

Well, right now we have been together for nine months. It's hard, granted and I actually refused to get with him for a while. One, i had just gotten out of a serious relationship that totally destroyed me and two, because of the distance. But he kept on chasing me, lmao. I'm quite happy though. We talk everyday, whether it be video call or voice call or texting. In a way I think it's easier to get close to someone over the internet. There's no social awkwardness to complicate things. Do I regret it? Definitely not. If I had the choice to do it over again, I would. Even if we had met face to face for the first time, distance would always be a problem since he's in the army. It just takes a lot of communication and determination to see it through.
Outside of RPR? Why yes I have! I've been with them in a steady, poly-open relationship for 5 years, and we recently just met face to face for the very first time! I think it takes a certain amount of patience (and diligence, and a whole lot of communication) for a long-distance relationship to work out. However, I'd never recommend it to the faint of heart or those who just want a quick and easy relationship.

Long distance relationships are beyond high-maintenance, yet it can be rewarding to the right people if they really want something like that and if they truly care for the other person that's behind the screen. It doesn't work for most people, but it works well enough for others! Such is life after all, and life always works in mysterious ways.

(Ironically, I tried meeting someone locally once while in my current city. It only got as far as one awkward phone call and me having to avoid a certain pizza place to this day. It's a long, long story.)

Inside RPR? ...Now that's of no one's concern. *wanders away*
Romluek wrote:
Well, right now we have been together for nine months. It's hard, granted and I actually refused to get with him for a while. One, i had just gotten out of a serious relationship that totally destroyed me and two, because of the distance. But he kept on chasing me, lmao. I'm quite happy though. We talk everyday, whether it be video call or voice call or texting. In a way I think it's easier to get close to someone over the internet. There's no social awkwardness to complicate things. Do I regret it? Definitely not. If I had the choice to do it over again, I would. Even if we had met face to face for the first time, distance would always be a problem since he's in the army. It just takes a lot of communication and determination to see it through.

Awww, I love you too, darling!
Not on this site, but I met my wife on an RP site. It was a public and live site, so when RPing the players were present at the time and would reply as soon as your reply came in, things like that.
Anyway, I'd been watching her play for about an hour. They were massive posts and only took her about 10 minutes to write, but took me about that long to read, so every time I finished one, there was another. She was 'soloing', so was posting on her own, sorting out her character I guess.
Anyway... I reached out on PM and was like "Hey, can I bring my character in to play with yours?" and she was very welcoming.
We started slowly chatting out of character, just general chat like "Hey, how's it going?" That kind of thing. Then over the next few months, we just slowly started getting closer. I lived in England, she lived in the US. I didn't want some ridiculously long distanced relationship and neither did she, so I ignored how I was beginning to feel, and it turned out she was doing the same thing.
Out of nowhere one night as we'd just finished having a discussion among a bunch of us, I'm saying goodnight because it's 5am for me, and she drops "I love you." and being the obviously smooth talking man that I was (not), I froze up and had no idea how to respond. I can't remember what I said, but it wasn't "I love you too." That came about 4 hours later when I failed to sleep because that was all that was going through my head, so I said it back, but by that point, she'd gone offline, so she got it when she got back on.
We didn't talk about that exchange for about 2 weeks, and then eventually we started talking about it. Took three years (from when I first said hi to her), about $5,000, 2 visits and jumping through a ton of government hoops for me to get out here to the US and we got married.

I would never, ever recommend to anyone to do the long distance relationship thing, because there are times where it can be crushingly difficult to maintain (especially for the length of time we did), but those that do pull through form an incredibly strong bond.

The long distance thing nearly ended us once or twice, but we pulled through, and as a result have an incredibly strong relationship now. Since I moved out here, we've been through some serious shit (someone tried to kill us in our sleep once, and that wasn't even the worst thing we went through) but our relationship has been the one indestructible thing throughout it all, and because of that, I would go through it all again without complaint as long as I had the love and support from my wife.
_Hermes_ Topic Starter

DaMuffinMan343 wrote:
Romluek wrote:

Yee!
_Hermes_ Topic Starter

Romluek wrote:
DaMuffinMan343 wrote:
Romluek wrote:

Yee!

Let's hear your side of the story! Yes, this is a challenge.
Well... the woman I love is on here, met her in here, fell for her here. We talk almost every day through here, text, calls, we've been there for each other through the hardest moments of my life and a repeat of the hardest moments in hers. I'd do absolutely anything and everything for her, and she'd do the same for me. She's.... amazing. Perfect in my heart in every way imaginable. A Valkyrie given form. I love her with every fiber of my being.

And I've told her. But.... her heart belongs to someone else... And I still love her, knowing she'll never love me. so theres my RpR love story
Awkward (played anonymously)

Once. It was weird lol. Now I'm lonely, have no one outside of family. It's better that way for me, though. People stress me out, it's hard trying to find ways to keep conversation going. 😂😂😂
*proceeds to hug both Alister and Awkward, then leaves rapidly before realizing what he has done*

I feel ya guys u.u
Awkward wrote:
Once. It was weird lol. Now I'm lonely, have no one outside of family. It's better that way for me, though. People stress me out, it's hard trying to find ways to keep conversation going. 😂😂😂

Well sometimes a comfortable silence is better than a conversation anyway...
_Hermes_ Topic Starter

Well, I wouldn't recommend long distance relationships for anyone unless you have the guts and balls to see it through. It's not something for the faint of heart. But, despite the stress and struggles with it; honestly, I've never been happier. I have a great guy that appreciates me, helps me through my issues, treats my kids like his own. He has been with me during one of the hardest moments of my life and honestly, I don't think I would have been able to get through it without him. I love how it began with small chats OOC. Honestly, I didn't realize how strong my feelings had grown for him until I was too far in. I hope that this lasts, but my luck in the guy department...not so great. But I also know that as long as he fights for it so will I.
**I know this is a kinda old thread, sorry**

I met my ex on here, I know that's not really what you asked, but... knew him on here for a while, and then we started skyping, and we ended up together for a year. Our relationship was very long distance, (3000 miles, ocean between us.) Unfortunately he went from being really sweet for the first 3-4 months, to slowly revealing to me the person he truly was. He ended up being very emotionally and mentally abusive... By the time he ended up dumping me when he was sick of me, I was such a insecure confused mess because he made me believe everything and anything was my fault, including him hurting me.

After that experience, it's made me decide I don't really want to be in a relaitonship again at least for the next five years, and just want to focus on my personal career goals, and my mental health.

I might have a bias opinion, but I just really don't recommended dating someone one meets on here, unless they have been friends for a LONG time, like years. I also wouldn't recommend the really long distance thing either unless both people are well off, and at least in the same country.

However, just because I had a bad experience doesn't mean there aren't several people here I know who have met their SO's on here and have a good experience. I just happened to meet a really abusive guy and unfortunately I have to live with that.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Real Life Romance

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus