Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Household memes?

Yersinia wrote:
Graideds wrote:
Yersinia wrote:
At this very moment I can hear my roommates trying to teach the bird how to make Waluigi noises and I swear to god if he learns how to go "WAH" I'm moving out.
this sounds like the literal exact opposite of a problem. if they dont teach that bird how to say WAH there's just no point. why would u have it
i can't handle living with the feathered incarnate of waluigi man i just can't
vro imagine coming home and u just hear WAH greeting you? what a notion
Oh boy where do I begin:

-Theres this one particular made up word on my family. It has literally no meaning, yet it works for every thing: From filling akward silences, to beginning conversations, and mostly, to annoy each other constantly. We even text it on the group chat of the family just to pester the others.

-Here, the vulgar word for the female genitalia is one of the ways of saying "Seashells"...Guess whose WhatsApp's friend group chat has been named "Coronel Has Four Kg of Conchas" for about a year now?

-A friend of mine at a Biology class would often bump on me or poke my arm w/pencils at the calling of "I'm a phospholipid!". Consequently, she would later end up pushed around by her bagpack at at my warcry of "I'm a carrier protein!" (With ain't that accurate But eh)

-My cat Jojo is the meme source of the family. Along the honourable lore surrounding him there is:

1.That he's married to dog Blonde bc they are both lazy asses, and he's the stay in husband.

2. That he's cheating on her with her sister, Black. But both relationships are actually just "beards".

3. He isn't a cat, but an alien who's come to earth to enslave us all. This one is actually backed up by the fact that he eats plastic, isn't afraid of dogs,0p and gets static on his hair every now and then.

4. He isn't Stupid, but he's actually an evil mastermind planning to conquest earth by disguising as a dumb katto.

5. He's a plushie that came to live to fill my life with his love and poop. Kinda like a Rip off Pinocchio.

I'm sure I have a few more, but I'm kind of bummed about some exam results. I'll try to post them later tho!
Yersinia Topic Starter

CoronelCoscacho wrote:
-Here, the vulgar word for the female genitalia is one of the ways of saying "Seashells"...Guess whose WhatsApp's friend group chat has been named "Coronel Has Four Kg of Conchas" for about a year now?
Coro n o
Yersinia wrote:
CoronelCoscacho wrote:
Coro n o

They refuse on changing it, but I least I got them to change the word "Concha" for the seashell emoji after about two months...On their defense tho I knew those are synonyms, but forgot the other word for Seashells and just went with what I got :"D
Pastel--Grape

I don't have too many with my actual family, but I have a lot when it comes to my close friends. //We're pretty much always at each others houses, or together in someway

Ones we have at home is
    The toaster that literally burns whatever you put in it, no matter the setting (DON'T USE THE TOASTER, IT'S SECRETLY A DEMON- my 10 yr old niece when it burned her bagel.)
    our mother making fun of new Spanish novellas saying they will never be better then the one's of 'her time'
    Whenever someone jokingly mentions 'lying is a sin' we all respond with calling them one of the teachers at my school
I'm moving onto my friends ones because these are better
Angrily saying "Bella!!" whenever she does something out of line
"Everyone, Logan is a furry"
Calling said Bella dad
making fun of our family issues
Gay Lego Ninjas. That's it, who ever gets the context gets a cookie
"I'm cold" "You're always cold" "I'm anemic stop attacking me"
"Ashley are you aware you're a basketball mom"
I JUST REMEMBERED MORE WOWIE
"Ashley I'm not gay you're gay." "Yeah, I know"
Logan is Balto (the main character from that movie about the wolf dog)
"I'm about to underline the subordinate clause, WHOOOO"
Making fun of our ELA teacher (EX: calling him batman since he usually spends his time alone in the classroom in the daRK)
That one time my friend called our science teacher dad by accident
Friend: *pretends to scold one of us* Other person: yeAH THEY'RE RIGHT
"Avocados are stupid" "You're stupid"
constantly getting in trouble for PDA since we're always holding hands.
Joking about the time our friend thought Bella and I were dating.

That's it I guess. ¯_(ツ)_/¯
Recently came up with a new one that's being consistently used!

We have a joke in when someone either a) cant find something or b) forgets something, we call them "Kenneth C." (cannot see)

This joke gets particularly used on my brother who has glasses. When he can't find something, we call him Kenneth.

LOL
We got 2 big ones i can think of

"Are you trying to kill someone" for when someone does the dishes poorly

"And ten years form now i will end up needing therapy for this"a joke for me and my brother when our mom does something
If my dad's deep enough in the mood, he'll give a long and heartfelt speech that jumps from one topic to another (his homophobia to school shootings to how I'm turning out and back to homophobia jesus christ) while the pizza gets cold.
My mom always has a Christmas song stuck in her head.
I get a monthly dose of "the talk" from my dad, but it's just him telling me not to leave kids scattered everywhere.
Dirty jokes between me and my dad.
My boyfriend hates puns so I make them every chance I get and he will respond with “I want a divorce”

Every time he asks me to do something “the stars are not in alingment for this tribute”

When I’m on my personal lady week of the month my boyfriend brings me chocolate and other sweet snacks going “I bring Satan another sacrifice in hopes to survive another month”

Everytime I ear something on the spicy side because I have a high tolerance my bf will yell “I am the lover of dragons!”
Lillie (played by concludingTorero)

just the term "hOnK" is a meme enough for me and my family.
not completely 'household' but i work in a family business

- we have this little yellow rubber finger doll no bigger than 7 cm. it has four arms and used to have two antennas. we've named it jesus. we've made clothes for him, stuffed him full of carpet lint and drawn a variety of different faces on him. he usually replaces whoever is sick or not currently at the office.
- my brother pretending to shoot me with an invisible shotgun.
- me pretending to shoot my brother with an invisible revolver.
- "don't worry, our chief of storage will do (insert really mundane or weird task here)".
- making up weird songs. mostly applies to my brother, but he will try and turn it into a duet with me.
- "wanna go to the kebab place?" followed by the sound of agony from whoever was asked.
- "just roll me into a carpet like cleopatra and let me die."

i also share a couple of memes between friends

- "don't. just. park."
- "it's tight like a bird's asshole."
- translating danish words directly to english, or reworking mundane words like "monday" becomes "the day of mons".
- "i will send you a chick pic", a 'chick pic' is a pic of defrosted chicken.
- knees.
My chronic depression.
Me and my siblings' inside jokes are just any quote from Nacho Libre and Invader Zim, and applying them to our conversations.
Invader Zim is mainly my thing because i'm the only one that can do a decent Zim impression.

Some of the best Nacho Libre ones are only funny because of nostalgia.
*Our oldest sister is recovering from a dentist visit, on anesthetics, rambling on and on* ME: And that is a crazy lady.
See what i mean? So i'm just going to skip to Zim.

One time i was challenged by my brother to talk like Zim around our family for the rest of the day. That was a good one. I referred to my dog as Gir also, and for some reason my impression freaked him out. He wasn't whimpering or anything, just like "What is this noise coming from mah human"

*My sister is a painter, and being the annoying teenager i once was, i messed it up.... on 'accident'*
"You messed up my painting!"
"I think it still looks okay, insolent artisan!"
"Okay, but at the very least you made it worse!"
"Worse... Or Better!?" (Quoting episode 1)
Jesus, i was a jerkwad back then...

Near the end of the day, my mom asked me what was going on.
"Why have you been acting like this?"
Once again, i responded in quoting episode 1.
"Is it not clear?! Invader's blood marches through my veins like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!"

When i woke up in the morning, i resorted to one last quote: (Well, actually two combined, but whatever.)
I walked to my brother's room to get the 10 dollars he promised me(even though to be honest I would do this for free), it was locked.
"They locked down their fortress... with locks!"
BROTHER: "Oh, right. You can stop imitating Zim now. it's getting annoying now."
"They dare agree with ZIM?! Prepare to meet your terrible doom... Okay that was the last one."

I earned my 10 dollars, even though I would've done it for free. Technically he was cheated out of 10 dollars.
There's not much going on in my household, really. Really boring people.
HOWEVER, at the place I work (I work as a media designer) we have a few funny memes among us coworkers, because we're all totally chill people there.
-Whenever we see and/or discuss something that makes no sense and shouldn't have a logical purpose, we in the end just brush it off with the words "It's art."

-Sometimes we just jokingly discuss the exact colors of random things, like: "What HKS color you think the orange juice in that bottle is exactly?"

-Our boss's ringtone. Just. BEST. RINGTONE. We hum it sometimes.
I have a bunch of inside jokes and memes that i have developed with family and close friends, but i'm pretty sure that posting any of these here would get me banned from the site.
- *getting frustrated at game with online mates* "aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!" any flatmates currently at home the: "aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!" *yelling/scream contest begins across each room until someone tells us to stfu*

-*walks past a specific flatmate in the morning, flatmate makes screech noise, I imitate said screech noise, keeps going back and forth getting louder*

-*something happens that bad in some form whether it be outside of the flat or in* "I blame Gerry"

-we have a flat whiteboard specifically for important stuff like flat inspection dates, what we all need, ect but instead a few of us (mostly me) draw stupid pictures or write stupid stuff on it, when the Ugandan knuckles was a thing I drew about 7 of them on this one white board after someone erased just one of them.
Yersinia Topic Starter

More!

- forgetting to throw out a jackolantern we've had on the porch since October; somebody remembering and shouting "THE [censored] PUMPKIN" the day after trash collection
- "that's my rapper name"
- "that's my band name"
- for some reason we used to get three newspapers a week so I'd cut them up into ransom notes and leave them in people's rooms
- everyone hiding their pets when the landlord comes
- that time the township sent three men to steal a tree from our front yard
- "fun with the son"
- that other time I walked in on one of my roommates staring deep into the pet bird's eyes and slowly repeating "bastard" trying to get him to say it back
christophr wrote:
There's not much going on in my household, really. Really boring people.
HOWEVER, at the place I work (I work as a media designer) we have a few funny memes among us coworkers, because we're all totally chill people there.
-Whenever we see and/or discuss something that makes no sense and shouldn't have a logical purpose, we in the end just brush it off with the words "It's art."

-Sometimes we just jokingly discuss the exact colors of random things, like: "What HKS color you think the orange juice in that bottle is exactly?"

-Our boss's ringtone. Just. BEST. RINGTONE. We hum it sometimes.
I concur, it is just me in my household now, but at work we tend to be pretty funny.

If something goes missing it is *time traveling, inter dimensional, extra terrestrial sasquatch's* fault; what began as a small joke between me and Skippy has turned into a shop wide joke, thanks Ancient Aliens.

Not sure if it is a "meme", but being ad we are auto techs, we put tires and oil in cares, we just simply tell people we work with rubber and lube all day. Which somehow sounds sexual... Only making it funnier.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Household memes?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus