Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Quest for the Elemental Gems

Blaise (played by Dregnosteel) Topic Starter

Blaise shook his head, "No matter the danger Snow will always go on an adventure. Well for this one we have no choice. I just hope this Ravanna person is not associated with Molorg."
Ran Sokyos (played by Ransokyos)

Ryò cocked his head before he felt the ancient wooden case vibrating. "Blaise, how good are you with dual swords?" he murmured wryly before he pulled out an ornate box.

He knew that the armors of Rekka no Yoroi, attuned to the element of fire, Kongō no Yoroi, attuned to the element of earth, and the Suikō no Yoroi, attuned to the element of water, as well as the armors of Riki, Shikoku, Mugen, and Yakushi, attuned to the elements of Thunder, Darkness, Illusion, and Poison respectively. As he had suspected, the slits in the lid were pulsing with a ruby light... from the Rekka no Yoroi.

Blaise shrugged, "I am more experienced with a single sword, a battleax, and duel war axes. I can give dual swords a try though. Especially if they have something to do with fire. My fire is not an ordinary fire, they help other fires that I use/summon, and by that I mean the longer they next to each other the bigger and more powerful they grow, same for weapons that have fire attributes."

((Hello))

"You see, what I have after the predecessor passed them to me... they're semi-sentient. They choose their welder, I assume, from the element the person is most intimately connected to, though they do have a test to see if you're truly worthy of the, and no, I don't know what the test is," he said dryly. I do know that I'm able to summon them, presumably to see who gains them," he said.
m4zKt8H.jpg
"I do know that the last holder of the Rekka no Yoroi actually slept in the magma of an active volcano," he said dryly.

Blaise nodded, "That is pretty interesting. Oh, and speaking of volcanoes, In my phoenix form I can use volcanoes as waypoints and travel from one to another. I can only do it when I have already been there however. I won't mind trying the test to see if I past but if I do not pass then that is fine."

Ryò chuckled as he shrugged, picking up the glowing ruby crystal which was glowing as if a flame were in its heart. "Interesting. Admittedly, from what I can tell, only the user will know what the test is. Since the Rekka no Yoroì has never reacted to me, i have no idea what sort of test it may give. For all I know, it could be the predecessor showing up... at least that's what I experienced with the Tenkū no Yoroì," he said wryly.
m4zKt8H.jpg
"Busoù Rekka, Dao Jìn," he intoned, flicking the crystalline sphere which flared brightly before the glow faded to reveal the armor crouched in a ready stance.

Blaise nodded, "The armor does look cool, and it is the color of fire." He looks over at Ryo, "Do you know if it can morph with its user or not, as you saw in the battle with the Wraith I can morph into a phoenix when I want to, I normally use that form for battles. I do get a drawback though, I can only be in my phoenix form for 30 minutes and then I have too wait another 30 minutes till I can change back into it."

Ryò shrugged. "It's possible. Admittedly, my predecessor with the Tenkū no Yoroì admitted that he and his allies didn't know everything about the armors," he said wryly.
m4zKt8H.jpg

"Ok. I guess I will give the test a try no harm in trying it out. So what am I supposed to do?"

Ryò shrugged. "Touch the armor. If it accepts you... you'll gain the subarmor... essentially dense body armor," he said dryly.
m4zKt8H.jpg

Blaise nodded and walked over to the armor. He put his hand on the armor and waited.

Ryò saw Blaise's eyes dull slightly before his gaze sharpened, spotting a flicker on Blaise's forehead. It was a kanji he recognized... .
m4zKt8H.jpg
Almost the same moment, the armor exploded into a fireball.

When the armor exploded into a fireball, Blaise did not flinch. He kept his hand exactly where it has been. The flames do not even leave burn marks on his hand.

Ryò could see the flames swirling wildly before they were absorbed, revealing the gunmetal gray and deep crimson colors of the subarmor.

m4zKt8H.jpg

Blaise, keeping his hand on the armor, looks at it and says, "Hello there."

Ryò snickered as he cocked his head, noticing that the armor was shimmering off motes of deep ruby and orange light.

Blaise keeps his hand on the armor and looks where the face is.

Ryò wasn't very surprised when the subarmor exploded into streams of bright crimson flames, winding around Blaise's forearm before cooling into its dormant form.
x354-q80.jpg
He glanced at Snow, not surprised she had grabbed one of the banana splits when they weren't looking. "You know, I wouldn't be surprised if the Suikō no Yoroi responded to her. Ice is, after all, one form of water," he remarked wryly.

Blaise did not flinch when the armor burst into flames and wrapped around his forearm. Once it was done Blaise lowered his arm back to his side.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Quest for the Elemental Gems

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus