Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Quirky Beauty (1x1)

Fial (played by CelestinaGrey) Topic Starter

Fial squeaked when he was pushed down onto the ground. He hadn't been expecting that at all! He listened as she spoke, then simply sighed and pet her head. "I am happy." he answered honestly. He was happy with Riiko. She made him feel...like he wasn't such a terrible person.

"When my sister died...I wanted my heart to stop beating too. But I'm glad it didn't. Because I'm very happy to have met you, Riiko."
Riiko Kitase (played by kuroi_neko)

She was sad to hear him say such things. She didn't want to ever hear him say such things again. She didn't want him to even think them. So, if she made him happy, she would continue to do so!

"I'm glad I met you too, Fial. I don't even want to go back to my tribe now." And that was the honest truth. Having met Fial gave her less of a reason to return to a life she didn't want. He accepted her for who she was, and he loved her. Something that she could never know with her people.

Fial finally stood up and smiled, petting her head. "I don't want you to go back either." he quietly admitted. "Now come on, it's time to get back to work." He smiled and would train her some more, until it was time to go home and get ready for supper. He was glad that her co-worker would be joining them. It would be fun!

Riiko found it a bit easier to concentrate now, and actually did better with the magic Fial showed her. But before she knew it, it was time to head home to get ready. "Let's make sure to pick up some things! I want to try and make a cake! Or you can..." she said, as she walked, thinking about how it might turn out if she made it, versus how Fial cooked.

Fial smiled at her. "A cake sounds like a wonderful idea." He would stop at the store with her and get some baking material, then head off to the home to get everything ready. He cooked, cleaned, and made sure to keep Riiko involved in everything. Once everything was set and ready, the food was waiting and Fial was dressed nicely, he sat down and relaxed. Riiko's co-worker would be there soon. He was almost..nervous.

Once everything was set, Riiko decided it would be best to change out of her work uniform. She disappeared into her room, changing quickly into one of the nice sets of clothing Fial had gotten her.

Jinx, on the other hand was watching Fial as he stood in wait. The cat almost seemed to be judging him, but eventually jumped from the couch and curled up outside the bedroom door as he waited for Riiko to come back out.

There came a knock at the door, just a few minutes later, and Riiko called out, "I got it!", as she threw open the bedroom door, smoothing out her shirt as she quickly made her way to the door. She pulled it open, a bright smile on her face as she looked to her friend. But she was caught of guard, when she saw someone else with Teresa.

"Ah, sorry. I know I didn't ask, but I brought 'a date', if you guys don't mind," Teresa said. Riiko blinked a few times as she looked from Teresa to Eros.

Fial called foul the moment he saw Eros. Why would Teresa bring him, of all people? Something seemed off about that. But Fial played the gracious host, waving away Teresa's worries of not telling them and inviting both in, saying 'the more the merrier'! He quickly got out an extra place, setting it down at the table and making sure it was just as nice as all the others. Then he had everyone sit, being incredibly subtle at the fact that he'd made Riiko sit between himself and Teresa. Then the food was served, and conversation began.

Fial included Eros in everything he asked Teresa, making sure the man didn't feel left out. For all anyone knew, Fial was very happy to have another person at his table.

Riiko, on the other hand, was quiet most of the dinner. She was confused, wondering what was going on. She would keep looking from Eros, to Teresa, most of the dinner. Eventually she felt that was rude, seeing as they were being completely normal about everything. So she finished the main course, and placed her hands in her lap to wait for the others to finish.

She then decided to ask, "So, what happened to make you decide to bring... Eros?" She hoped it didn't sound rude, but Teresa answered almost immediately.

"Well, after you left, I got to talking with Eros. We found out we have quite a lot in common. And so, we decided to try out the dating scene," Teresa said, giving a light touch to Eros' hand.

Fial knew it was a set-up. It had to be. Eros was trying to get to Riiko through Teresa. Why else would he be so enamored with the girl and then move on to her co-worker? Unless he realized that Riiko was unattainable. Fial just let it go though, still pretending to be quite happy and content.

"Really? That's wonderful, congratulations to you both! I hope it works out." He smiled, then when everyone was done he brought out the cake. "Here's dessert!" He sat down comfortably and started serving the cake.

The moment Riiko saw the cat, her worries seemed to disappear for the moment. She placed her hands together and looked at the baked goodness before her, licking her lips. "This looks so good!" she said, her tail wiggling behind her as she looked to Fial with a toothy smile.

"I think someone likes cake?" Eros said, giving a light chuckle. Riiko nodded her head, and then seemed to remember who had said that. She blushed a bit, and went straight to eating to dessert.

Eros smiled and then took Teresa's hand. "And, what do you do for a living, Fial?"

Fial giggled lightly. "I think we all like sweets." He smiled, his attention going to Eros. "I'm an artist. It's nothing special, but it pays the bills rather well." He was being far too modest of course, not that he was trying. His art fetched a rather good price on the market. There was one picture he would never sell, though. The picture he'd done of Riiko, which was currently hanging in his room now that he'd finished it.

"What about you, Eros? I obviously know what Teresa does." he said with a soft chuckle.

Riiko looked up in interest when Fial asked his question. Eros didn't answer right away, having taken a bite of cake. He finished eating that piece, and then spoke.

"I am actually a freelancer. I usually do journalist entries, but I have been working on a book recently," he said.

"Oh, I didn't know. Can I read a bit of it?" Teresa said, looking at him with sudden interest. "I'm sure it is interesting." But she did something odd after that. She looked back to Fial, even after Eros had said, "Of course."

"I've never actually met an elf before," she said to Fial. "I know it sounds stereotypical, but you all do have a natural beauty, no?" Riiko let out a little cough, seeming confused on how to feel about that comment.

Fial listened to Eros and smiled. "Really? That's wonderful, I wish you all the luck. I was never much good at writing." When Teresa asked the question, Fial blushed. "Eh? I ah...well, yes. I suppose so. I've never really met an ugly elf. So don't worry, it's not stereotypical at all. It's just the truth, really."

He cleared up all their places once things were finished. "I'm glad you both could come over. It's been a wonderful night."

"Indeed," Eros said, standing and pulling the chair from behind Teresa. "I hope we can do this again, sometime?" Teresa nodded in agreement. Riiko did as well, giving a somewhat hesitant laugh. She felt a bit odd. She actually felt that the whole night had been odd. But the guests hadn't seemed to ahve noticed, so that was a good thing.

She stood, and Teresa said, "Well, I guess we should be going! Don't forget, Riiko, you have the day off tomorrow."

"Oh, yeah," Riiko said, knocking her knuckles against her head light as she remembered. "I almost forgot! Thanks for coming over, though!" She showed them to the door, and held it open for them.

"I hope to see you both soon," Eros said, touching Riiko lightly on the arm before they both left.

Fial smiled warmly. "Of course! I think it'd be great fun. Just give me a date, and I'll see if it will work out." He walked them to the door, said goodbyes, and let them leave. The door was closed and Fial instantly had Riiko in his arms. He was very unhappy that the man had touched his Riiko. He snuggled against her, sighing. "Goodness. I thought the night would never be over!"

Riiko gasped when Fial hugged her, very protective like. "I'm sorry," she said, trying to smile. "I thought it would be fun to invite her over. I didn't know she would bring someone else." Of course, Riiko thought it was the fact that someone else came in general, not Eros specifically. She wasn't quite aware that Fial didn't like Eros.

Fial smiled gently. "It's okay. It was fun, I liked having Teresa over. Eros...not so much." He pulled away slightly to look at her, brushing his fingers along her cheek. "Please stay away from him, Riiko..." She was given a warm little nuzzle, and then a nudge towards the hall. "Well, now that all the excitement is over, it's time to bed for you."

"Okay," was her reply to him telling her to stay away from Eros. She didn't really have a problem with that, and sort of understood why Fial felt that way.

"Bed, already?" she asked, as she was being nudged toward her room. "But, I don't work tomorrow! Why don't we just stay up a bit longer?" She turned to him, giving him puppy dog eyes... or kitty cat eyes, you could say. "I'm not one bit tired!" Even after all that training, she was surprised. Usually using magic would wear her out.

Fial took one look at those eyes and relented. "Alright...but just because you don't have work tomorrow." He stopped his nudging and smiled at her. "So since you are staying up, what do you want to do?" He brushed his fingers along her cheek, then hugged her. "I might do some painting later, but right now I just want to be with you."

She blushed a bit. She opened her mouth to suggest something, but was distracted by a clawing at her leg. Jinx was reaching up her leg with his paws and then gave a little meow.

"Oh, Jinx! I haven't said hello to you all day! I'm sorry!" she said, bending down and picking him up. She scratched him lightly behind his ears and all resentment he had at that moment seemed to fade away. That was truly his sweet spot. "I learned a little more magic, today," Riiko told him, and Jinx looked to Fial with somewhat satisfied eyes. But it was apparent that something was still bothering him.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Quirky Beauty (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus