Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Quirky Beauty (1x1)

Riiko Kitase (played by kuroi_neko)

Riiko watched as he disappeared to ready the rooms. She would glance everynow and then at her mother, but didn't know what to say to her. It, for some reason, was a bit awkward being around her mother after learning why she had really sent her out. Finally, she cleared her throat, and rasped out, "Thank you..."

Menka looked at her for a moment, and then smiled. "Don't thank me. I did it because I love you."
Fial (played by CelestinaGrey) Topic Starter

Fial finally came back and smiled at her. He set his blankets down beside the couch for now. "If you two would like to just sit down and catch up, by all means go ahead. Do whatever you wish, whether it involves me or not. I could simply paint if you two wished to be alone." He was happy that Riiko had some time with her mother.

Riiko looked at Fial, and frowned a bit. She felt bad for kickng him out of his bed, just so her mother could stay there. What that selfish of her? "You know, Fial, you don't have to take the couch. I wouldn't mind sleeping there at all! I can sleep almost anywhere." She gave him a smile, showing that she was being honest with him.

Fial smiled at her and kissed her cheek. "I know I don't have to. But I want to, Riiko." He brushed his fingers along her cheek. "I am glad that you are back. I don't mind spending a night on the couch, if it means having you back." He hugged her gently and then let her go.

"So what would you two like to do?"

Menka waved her hand carelessly in front of her face. "Don't let me stop you from doing what you want. It has been so long since I have been outside of my town that I am just fine with enjoying all this while sitting here." Her gazed moved toward the window, as she looked, her eyes seemed distant.

Riiko grinned and said, "Fial likes to paint... you should see some of his work. It is really good. So good, that he sells it." Her ears perked as she remembered something. "Did you let Tato and Katri know that we were coming home, deciding to end our hunt for Jinx?"

Fial blushed when Riiko spoke of his paintings. "They're not really all that great..." He smiled a little at Riiko and gave a nod. "THey know, we don't have to tell them." He sat down on the couch, tugging Riiko down with him. He was so happy things were better between them.

"I'm really glad you're back. So very much."

She smiled at him and nodded, saying, "As long as you promise to talk things over with me from now on, instead of just assuming what is best." She raised her finger in front of his face and wagged it in disapproval. But she did it all with a smile.

Menka's tail twitched a bit as she watched the two, and then she gave a loud yawn. "So hard seeing my little girl growing up."

Fial's ears twitched a little, but he still smiled as he seemed to look very sorry. "I know, I know. It won't happen again." He nuzzled against her with a gentle smile. "It's late. I think we all need some rest." He smiled at Menka. "Your daughter is a very mature and wonderful person. She even has her own job. She's very responsible. You should be proud of her."

Riiko blushed at his words, feeling that he was over-praising her with his talk. "It isn't anything different from anyone else," she said, smiling. Her mother, though, seemed unimpressed. She sat there, with her legs crossed and hands in lap, looking between the two of them. It would be several moments before she spoke.

"Where will I be sleeping again?" she asked. Riiko swallowed hard and stood up, gesturing for her to follow. She would lead her to her bedroom.

Fial smiled at her. "You're more special than you think, Riiko." When she went to take her mother to her room, he gave her hand a gentle squeeze and then let her go. He laid back on the couch and would relax for a few moments, thinking over the day. He had a lot on his mind. A lot worried him, a lot concerned him. But Riiko was back. And she loved him.

Riiko spent a good amount of time in the room with her mother, just talking about things. But eventually she made her way back out, closing the door behind her. But not before telling her mother good night.

She entered the living room again, and looked over at Fial, who was laying on the couch. "Are you awake," she asked, almost inaudibly.

Fial stirred, almost asleep when Riiko came out. "C'mon over here." He smiled at her and tugged her onto the couch with him to just hug her. "I'm awake. Barely. What's on your mind, Riiko?" She was given a warm smile. "How are you doing? Are things going well with your mom?" He pet her head.

"Mmhmm..." was all she said, when he started petting her. She could fall asleep just like that. Her cat-likeness made her enjoy someone petting her hair more than usual. But then, she remembered his other questions. "Ah, nothing is really on my mind. I just... wanted to tell you I was glad you let me come back."

She closed her eyes, burying her head into his chest. She mumbled something, but it was indistinguishable.

Fial smiled. Of course. He just continued to pet her head and pulled the blanket up over them both, letting peace settle in the livingroom. He held her and would let her fall asleep, and probably he himself would sleep too. He felt comfortable with Riiko. Safe and happy. "I'm glad too." was all he would murmur to her words.

Riiko opened her eyes slowly, having finally woken it up. It took her a moment, to realized that she had fallen asleep on top of Fial. She blushed brightly as she looked down at him sleeping, and didn't dare move, in case of waking him.

She rested her head back on his chest, and looked out over the living room, smiling happily. That was the best sleep she had ever had, and she knew it was because of Fial.

Fial stirred slightly, arms wrapping around her gently. A soft sigh was let out, happy and content. But...there was a weight. Something was on him. His eyes opened, and a groggy gaze was turned towards Riiko. He sighed happily again, tugging her closer. Fingers stringed through her hair, running through her hair and petting along her head.

"I love you, Riiko." he whispered softly.

She blushed, almost afraid that her mother might have heard them. Not that she really cared, but she would feel a bit awkward at the look her mother would give her.

She giggled a little, kissed his chin, and said, "I love you, too." She tilted her head to the side and smiled. "Did you sleep well?"

Fial yawned, smiling a little at the neko in his arms. "Mhm. You?" He rubbed his eyes a bit and glanced at the clock. "Hmm, we should get up. C'mon, I'll make you some breakfast." He patted her shoulder and then shifted around, rolling and standing so that she was left laying upon the couch. With a kiss to her head, he walked over and started making breakfast.

She nodded at him, and then looked up at him when he stood. She found it noticeably less warm with him gone, and she wanted to pout. But she stood eventually, and made her way into the kitchen. She watched what he was doing, before asking, with a smile, "Can I help at all?"

Fial smiled at her warmly when she came over to the kitchen. "You can set the table for me, please." She knew where everything was by now. "But breakfast itself is almost done. Thank you, Riiko." He continued cooking, though the boy was having some inner turmoil in his mind. He couldn't live without Riiko. But could he live with her? He knew what happened to people close to him. So why was he being so selfish?

Fial just shook his head a little to himself and finished cooking breakfast.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Quirky Beauty (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus