Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Quirky Beauty (1x1)

Fial (played by CelestinaGrey) Topic Starter

Fial wasn't stupid. He could see Eros watching, and it took all his self-control not to pull some elven prank on the man to teach him a lesson. But Fial quickly realized the darkness in his heart and his smile slipped. When did he become so dirty? He shook his head a little and focused. Think happy thoughts. His sister. His sister. Riiko.

Riiko. Riiko filled his mind, every bit of her adorable and sweet. So pure. Fial rubbed his thumb on his cup, staring at it. Was he worthy of such a pure, innocent being? What if the darkness in his heart bled over to her heart? That would be terrible. Fial had a lot to think about while Riiko did her job, so oblivious to his mind.
Riiko Kitase (played by kuroi_neko)

Finally, the last member of the large group left, and Riiko made her way to Teresa, looking at the tip they had left. With a little squeal, she took her share, and reminded Teresa when and where to go for dinner. "I'll see you then!" Riiko said, waving to her friend as she made her way over to Fial. She noticed he seemed lost in his thoughts.

Gently placing her hand on his shoulder, she said, "I'm off. And I made quite a bit in tips!" She smiled and stepped back so he could stand. "After training, we should buy the things for dinner. Especially a dessert." Her cat-like eyes flashed with mischeviousness whenever she mentioned the dessert.

Fial was startled out of his thoughts when Riiko came back, but he smiled. "That's great!" He stood up and took her hand carefully. "I think that's a great idea. Let's go, then. We don't want to waste any time!" And he started off with her, eager to get her out of Eros' vision. He headed to the forest like before, hoping he would figure out what she should do next.

"I think I'll have you work on the basics like last time, get a bit better at them. Once you have the basics down solid, you can move on to more complicated things."

"Right! Sounds good," she said, taking her apron off, not wanting to get all of her uniform dirty, if it came to that. She couldn't wait until she was able to use the bigger spells, having seen some in the past from other casters. They truly could get amazing... and dangerous.

She held out her hand, and cast as small spark, showing that she remembered what he had taught her from their last training session. "I think I'll get the hang of whatever you teach me... because you'll support me."

Fial watched as she cast the little spark, smiling. "Great! Let's try the water again, and then we'll work on earth and air. You can create a soft breeze, and move pebbles. But we'll move to that after you show me what you remember with the water." He smiled and pointed to one of the flowers, then stood back to watch her.

Riiko was less excited about the water spell. She swallowed and made her way over to the flower, and knelt down beside it. She studied it for a long moment, trying to concentrate. Then, placing her hands in front of her in a cupping manner, and closed her eyes and tried to focus. Flowing... flowing water... through her. She hated water... She laughed a bit, out of no where, and looked into her hands. A small little puddle of water was in her hands and she broke them apart so the liquid would fall onto the flower.

Fial watched her carefully, then smiled and clapped as she succeeded. "See? You're doing wonderfully!" It was almost like a change came over him, when he was teaching. He was mature. Almost manly. He crouch beside Riiko and showed her the few pebbles that were near them. "Concentrate. There is life within everything, even the rocks. Feel the life and beckon it to you. Carefully now; when I first tried this spell I ended up hitting myself in the forehead with one."

That didn't sound like a good thing. She definitely didn't want to hit herself in the head. She looked at a few of the pebbles. She tried to focus, so she could feel the life force that was in them. It was hard, since she didn't exactly know what the life of a rock felt like. She clenched her teeth, though remained close-mouthed. <i>'Come on, pebble... come to me.' </i> One of the pebbles moved just slightly, and she smiled, keeping at it.

But it suddenly flew from the ground and went straight past Riiko at Fial. "Ah! I'm sorry!" she said, moving toward him to see if he had been hit.

Fial watched her and smiled happily as the pebble moved slightly. "Great job! Keep at it, you can do it." And then suddenly the rock flew from the ground and whacked him in the face. Fial teetered, tottered, then fell back onto his rump with a fwump! He groaned a little and rubbed his eye. "Owww..."

He smiled reassuringly at Riiko, even though his hand covered his eye. "I'm okay."

Riiko felt terrible. "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to, I swear!" She crawled over to him, and kneeled beside him. "I guess you are just unlucky with first timers doing that." She giggled a bit, but then turned serious. "Let me see it. Let's make sure it isn't bad."

She got close to him, moving his hand aside so she could see that damage.

Fial's hand was moved, and he was staring at Riiko. She was very close. Very pretty. And for a moment, he seemed mature again. Leaning in slightly, as if he were to kiss her. Closer, closer....but then he suddenly blushed and pulled away quickly, giving a nervous, very girly giggle. Not like he tried.

"O-o-oh, I'm okay! I'm fine, I promise, just a little bruise..." He giggled nervously and waved away her concern. "Go ahead and try again."

Riiko blinked. As he waved off her concern, she almost looked disappointed. She nodded her head though, and turned back to the pebbles that still littered the area in front of her. She attempted to focus again, but found it a little harder to do this time. She now had other things on her mind. After several minutes of no pebbles moving, Riiko reached forward and tapped one with her finger.

"I'm sorry, I just feel a bit distracted," she said, raising her eyes to look around. She was glad it was quiet here, away from everyone else. It almost seemed to be a completely new place they were in, not able to see any buildings or people. She liked it. She enjoyed the outdoors, and spending time with Fial.

Fial tsked quietly, gently. "Part of training is about blocking out distractions. Focus. There's nothing else but you and the pebbles, nothing else exists, Riiko." He watched her, his hand still over his eye. He'd probably have a pretty bad bruise, so he didn't want to show her.

"You can do it, Riiko. I know you can."

She turned back to the pebbles, looking hard at them and trying to focus only on them. Fial believed in her, so she couldn't let him down. He always had faith in her, in everything she did. And that always helped her. That was one of the reasons she was attracted to him, among many others.

Riiko blushed, covering her face with her hands. Distracted again. Just being around him seemed to make her mind wander. She turned back to him, and smiled. "Maybe I'm just a bit tired from work." She crawled back over to him and then snaked her way under his free arm, resting her head against his chest. "Maybe just a little nap will help." She smiled, closing her eyes and sighing. Perhaps enjoying a bit more of Fial's company would help clear her mind.

Fial was reluctant to give her a break, but as she squirmed under his arm and spoke of a nap, he sighed. "...okay. Just a little break." He pulled his hand away to cuddle her with both arms, snuggling her against him. He wanted to be with her, as much as she wanted to be with him.

"You're doing wonderfully, Riiko. You truly are."

She sat quietly, trying to feel tired, but in truth, she wasn't. Soon, she began to talk about the times she travelled through wooded areas just like the one they were in, and how she liked sleeping outdoors on occasion. And then she spoke of how she once met another neko like herself in a big city. She had never seen one outside of her tribe, and found that the neko held none of the traditions her tribe did, and she found it interesting.

"Are you different from other elves?" she asked Fial, looking down at his hand as she traced his fingers with hers. "Do elves live seperately or in groups?" She didn't know what elf life was like here.

Fial was quiet after he heard her question. A bittersweet smile touched his lips. "Right now, yes. I am quite different. But before, I was not so different. We tend to live in groups, yes. But it's not unusual for a family to move away to a new place. At one point or another, all elves are expected to marry and have a family. If the elf does not, then they move away to live their own life."

He watched her tracing his fingers before speaking again. "Normal elven men are rather proud of who they are. As for myself...well, I'm a tad messed up." He spoke it so casually, even though it had a heavy weight on his heart. "I don't believe most elven men would start dressing and acting like their sister upon her death."

In that one sentence, Riiko might be able to notice something. Something he tried to keep hidden. Fial hated himself.

Riiko listened as he explained, and when he spoke the last bit of words, she did feel that someone was hidden in them. Though she couldn't quite pick up on it. She had a hunch, but she honestly couldn't believe that Fial would feel such a way. Her ears twitched as she remained silent, thinking on his words.

"I'm different too..." she said, trying to find a way to make him feel better. "My tribe is made up of warriors, and people who fight constantly. They are often cruel, even to their own kind. We grant power to those that prove they are ruthless. But I don't mind being different. I enjoy being like this."

But then she paused. "Do you like the way you are, Fial?"

Fial looked at her, smiling gently. "Your difference is wonderful, Riiko. I don't want you to be like that. You are just fine the way you are, there's nothing wrong with you." He nuzzled very gently against her. "I enjoy you being like this too." Her question, however, made him grow silent.

"I love the way you are, Riiko." he said softly, pressing a kiss to her cheek. "I am so very happy I met you." Trying to smooth over the question, as if it had never been asked.

She noticed his avoidance, but didn't quite know how to handle it. She sighed a little, deciding to let it slide until she felt he was ready to talk about it. She wouldn't tell him that she felt bad for bringing it up. But her tail did otherwise, swishing back and forth in aggravation at herself.

She moved with force against Fial, pushing him down onto the ground as she laid her head upon his chest. She was silent for a moment, but eventually spoke, "I like the sound of your heart. I like the feel of your skin, and the warmth of your embrace. I like you for who you are. So be true to yourself, Fial. I don't want you to be unhappy..."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Quirky Beauty (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus