Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Winds of Ithilien

Durian (played by Rogue-Scribe) Topic Starter

Durian laughed at her words and said,

"Well, she didn't look at my knife."

He watched Fay as she stood at the basin as he reached for his tattered breeches. He pulled them on, finding himself suddenly self-conscience. Watching Fay wash, the water dripping from her face gave her skin a sheen and it seemed she glowed in the morning light.
Phaether (played by LadyOfGondor)

She laughed and nodded her head ”Yes I suppose she didn’t.” she took one of the towels and dunked it in the steaming water. She unclasped her bra and let it fall to the floor as she dabbed away some of the dirt on her skin and cleaned up.

She sighed happily as she enjoyed the feeling of the hot water on her smooth skin. ”There’s another towel for you.” she said with a smile

Durian walked over and stood behind Fay as she washed, He reached over and picked up the towel and said,

”I didn’t want to soil the water before you were done. And please, take your time."

He paused and watched Fay and he took in deeper breaths, knowing he was standing too close. His hand lifted and his fingers stretched, and it slid around Fay’s stomach as he leaned against her back, kissing her neck…

She smiled and her eyes fluttered shut as he kissed her neck. She relaxed and leaned back against him a little. His lips on her skin made her shiver.

Phaether set the towel down beside the bassin and she pulled his arms around her waist. She turned around and pressed a gentle kiss to his cheek then his neck and she smiled against his skin.

Feeling Fay turn caused Durian to gasp, and as his hand slid up over her back, he pressed his face to her hair and whispered,

"Fay..."

She turned her face up and looked to him, and his lips gently touched hers. After a pause, he kissed her deeper, losing himself for that moment. Breaking with a gasp, he held Fay close and he said in a breathless whisper in her ear,

"Fay.. I don't think... do you..."

He couldn't finish speaking his thoughts...
Cloris (played by Kungfu6453)

Can I join?)

((Ummm idk I’m not sure if Hanasian wants to keep this a 1x1 rp :/ ))

She melted against him as he kissed her deeper. When he pulled away she was already wanting to kiss him again. To be in his arms. How had a simple Dunedain ranger made her so weak at the knees?

”Do I what...?” she whispered and gazed up at him into his enchanting eyes.
Cloris (played by Kungfu6453)

( I understand.)

(OOC: It is common courtesy for one to ask outside the IC story thread beforehand to join , or at least reads the first post where it is stated that it is an RP between Phaether and Durian before posting in the In Character thread. I sent you a PM)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Durian lost his thought, and wondered how it came to be so. Had he not lost control of his boat on the river, he would have never ventured into Ithilien, yet here he was with this remarkable woman who seemed to have a way to reach inside him.

"I lost my thought.... "

He felt himself floating in Fay's embrace, and he again took her lips to his...

She blushed and kissed him back slowly yet deeply. Their lips moving in sync and her body pressed right up against his. She ran her fingers through his hair unable to move away from him even for air. Phaether felt her heart pounding as they kissed and she smiled against his lips.

She daringly deepened the kiss and quickened the pace of it, wanting more every second.

Any thoughts of hesitation had well and truly fled Durian, and as he returned Fay’s passionate kiss, he lifted her in his arms and they fell into an entangled embrace, losing themselves in each other…

Meanwhile Outside the village…

Khor had his Easterlings poised and ready. There had been no sign of the Rangers but for two who his scouts saw ride in to the village late yesterday. The local guard were few, and they were in position. With the sun fading in to the blackness belching from Mt Doom in the east, the light faded from its crim red to a brown-grey dusk, and Khor signalled it was time. They silently moved toward the village and surprised the guards at both gates. With the gates now broken, the Easterlings started hewing anyone who they came across, and setting fire to everything. Most of the few local soldiers were killed and the pillaging was merciless with nobody spared.

Inside the inn, Durian and Fay were breathless from their entangled in bliss, unaware of the trouble that had come. His face was covered in Fay’s hair, but as she rolled to the side, he opened his eyes and saw her rune aglow.

”Trouble!”

Durian said in an alarmed voice. It was only then they became aware of the screaming and yelling outside and downstairs. The smell of smoke had turned from the scent of cooking food to burning pitch, and there was a bit seeping into their room. Durian quickly stood, his hand holding Fay’s and bringing her to her feet beside him. A scream outside the door turned into a gurgle as the door splintered from an axe. The maid fell in to the room with her dying breath bleeding. Durian threw a tunic to Fay as she went for her belt with her daggers, and Durian grabbed for his sword. Two Easterlings rushed in and Durian rolled out, barely missed by his axe swing. Grabbed the knife that was in the floor, he threw it into the Easterling’s neck. The blood flew out as he fell, blinding Durian for a moment as he heard Fay battle the other Easterling…

Fay thankfully was able to not only toss on her clothes but grab her daggers as well. She turned and slit the throat of one Easterling then roundhouse kicked another that was coming up behind her. She jammed her knife into his throat and went back into the room. "We have to move." She said urgently and tucked away her daggers then grabbed her bag.

Fay, out of respect, placed a towel over the face of the dead maid and whispered something in Sindarin. A small prayer for the girl. She was young and seeing such a life lost broke her heart. This was war and she knew it was all the shadow in the east that was prompting it. She grabbed Durian's hand and pulled him out and back behind the inn to the stables.

"Get your horse. Our best chances are sneaking out through the back." She quickly mounted her white horse and sighed. She wanted to help the townsfolk but she knew the best way to do that was to figure out what was happening and report it to Gandalf or Elrond.

Unlike Fay, he had no time to get properly dressed, only managing to grab his weapons and don his boots and surcoat. The tunic he threw to Fay was not needed but there was no time to get it. The words for the maid were touching, and they managed to get out at the end of the hall where the flames of the fire were only starting to burn. It wasn't long before the inn was fully engulfed in flame.

Fay had gained her horse and as he did so, it spooked when an Easterling came for it. Durian ran him through and managed to steady the horse. He looked around and saw Fay turning in the smoke of the grey light, but then saw another Easterling coming at him. Maybe his instinct got hold of him and he was not going to run from this fight. He let the horse go free in hopes it ran for Fay as he and drew his sword. Stepping forward toward the Easterling his blade stopped the swing of the Easterling's axe and it broke below the head. His return swing was stopped by teh Easterling's dagger, but Durian spun it out and slit his neck. He fell with a rush of blood darkening the ground.

Durian stared at the Easterling, and he took the Easterling's blade. he could hear Fay calling out in the smoke but he could not see her. It was then she came riding by and he jumped up behind her, hoping he could find his horse in the chaos.

Fay urged the horse to go faster and she sadly saw his horse dead with three arrows in its neck. She took a deep breath and snapped the reins urging her mate to go faster.

Soon enough the chaos and the screams were distant and she slowed down. ”This is war...” she mumbled.

”This isn’t some petty battle it’s war...” her voice held sorrow. For the people and the horse. She shook her head and pet her horse’s mane soothingly. ”are you injured?” she asked and turned over her shoulder to look at him.

Durian held to Fay’s waist as they rode out. Her skill with her horse steered them through the bushes and trees silently and unseen, which was difficult with all the Easterlings that had attacked the village. When they had gained the cover of a ravine that had thick trees along its edge, Durian said as Fay asked of him,

”Yes, I think so. And yes, this was not just a raid. The war has begun.”

He looked to the skies which should have been blue and sunny, but instead it was grey and brown and looked like dusk. When they stopped to take a rest, Durian dismounted and saw that he had a cut on his thigh. His ragged breeches were stained a dark red and his surcoat torn where it hung over the wound. Durian looked to Fay as she listened intently. He listend as well, and it appeared they had been able to slip the trap. Durian sat down on the log that lay there and said,

”We let those people down. I don’t think we could have done much, but …”

He ran his fingers through his hair and it streaked his sweaty, soot-covered face. He said,

”I hope your Ranger comrades are able to get any other people that live around here to safety.”

A rustle in the bushes coming up the ravine had Durian stand and ready with his sword. He was relieved to see it was his wayward horse. He patted her nose and smiled,

”I think we may have a connection!”

He looked again at Fay, and the thought of riding behind her was nice, but impractical for where they were going…. The Black Gate.

A piercing shriek was heard that fell over the land, and Durian held his sword as he looked at the sky.

”The Witch King of Old has come! The Nazgul! It was he who destroyed Rhuadur in centuries past! The Dark Lord is already on the move!”

The winged shadow passed over and went west. There must be troubles elsewhere, maybe in Rohan, for him to pass by so swift. He looked to Fay,

The Wise must know of this!”

She was paralyzed by fear for she had never seen such a creature of the dark. She blinked a few times then looked at him ”We must move... now” she mounted her horse once more and was lost in thought. This wasn’t some petty war. This was going to be brutal and she knew it.

”we must take a path hidden from normal sight...” she said more to herself as she tough of where they could possibly go. Being out in the open was a dangerous idea and she knew it.

Durian stepped over and stood by Fay’s leg as she sat on her horse. He rested his hand on her and said,

”Fay, I trust you, for you know these lands. You lead and I will follow you!”

He reached and took her hand and gave it a squeeze and gave her a nod before mounting his horse. He asked,

”Do you know secret ways through this land?”

He rode up beside her as she looked around.

Fay sighed and looked through the thick trees. Green as emeralds they were. The grass was long and lush and without her enhanced vision due to the rune she'd never be able to see the hidden path beneath the lively vegetation. Fay nodded her head in the direction of the path which seemed to simply lead straight through the woods. There was no cleared path that the naked eye could see.

"We head down that path... it should take us where we need to go..." She said sounding only slightly unsure of herself. Sometimes she trusted the Rune's ability and other times it had failed her. She nudged her horse's side with her heel and she began to move at a steady pace. Fay's hair bounced with every step and she kept a sharp look out. She figured the path would simply loop around to the near front entrance of Rivendell. At least that's what she hoped would happen

"I trust you and what you hope for Fay. Let us trust in the power that allows this, and when we get to Rivendell, it will be a good rest."

He found himself enamoured by Fay, and he had to hold back thougfhts of them at teh inn. He could not afford to be distracted by her beauty now.

Fay traveled on along the path and the woods began to grow more and more dense. She pet her horse's mane to help calm her and glanced at Durian. She smiled to herself as she thought about what had happened between the two at the inn. A light blush rose to her cheeks and she tried desperately to will it away

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Winds of Ithilien

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus