Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » We'll buy you art. CLOSED, seeking input

Novalyyn wrote:
Orrik_Zynn_x2 wrote:
Omg I just squawked like a dying ostrich and got up to dance around my camper!! THIS IS SO NICE THANK YOUUUUUU!!! 💓 💓 💓 💓
*cries happily*

Ok, so...I have two artists in mind but I'm waiting on price check confirmation from one because it's stormy and my phone won't load deviantart...

Stoopid phone -.-

Anyways, I just wanted to squish myself in here while I try and figure out actual prices (mostly so I can just look through my posts and find this one...makes it much easier for me to get back to this topic.)

One choice would be 6$ (humanoid, full body with transparent background, full color and shading) and the artist is both here and on deviantart and goes by the same username in both places so while I don't have a direct link to her commission page here is a link to her profile here: SerpentSolus
(She's probably gonna see this in like ten minutes or so and figure out why I was being the weirdest thing alive when I questioned her this morning and I will laugh at her reaction)

Again THANK YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!

Her dA page says commissions are closed. You're sure she's willing? And that she will accept cash in place of points?

Yes; I forgot to open it xD
SerpentSolus wrote:

HAHAHA! I've been found out!! XD
(...knew you'd see this sooner or later Kat~)
Alrighty let's do this

I've wanted to commission Birdy66 for a small ink and watercolor drawing of one of my character. The price of this would probably end up being around $5 probably (I'll update this when I'm able to get a quote for shipping fees)

Anyways, I decided this would be worth a shot :)

https://www.rprepository.com/community/forumthread.php?t=61390
Zelphyr Topic Starter

SerpentSolus wrote:

Thanks!

AnAngrySnowyOwl wrote:
Alrighty let's do this

I've wanted to commission Birdy66 for a small ink and watercolor drawing of one of my character. The price of this would probably end up being around $5 probably (I'll update this when I'm able to get a quote for shipping fees)

Anyways, I decided this would be worth a shot :)

Let me know when you get the full price, and don't forget to provide a link to their price list. :)
Ilmarinen Moderator

This is an amazing idea! I would like to offer 3 colored bust sketches for 3 different entrants! :D
Heimdall wrote:
This is an amazing idea! I would like to offer 3 colored bust sketches for 3 different entrants! :D

OwO

Heimdall your art is amazing!

...what I wouldn't do to get some art made by you :3 ooh, if I win maybe I could?! *gasps*
Zelphyr Topic Starter

Heimdall wrote:
Awesome! You you have a link you'd like to use for examples of your work?

I think I might end up with more prizes than entrants at this rate!
Novalyyn wrote:
Heimdall wrote:
Awesome! You you have a link you'd like to use for examples of your work?

I think I might end up with more prizes than entrants at this rate!

If it's all the same I'm not sure if the second artist I was thinking of is open for commissions and Heimdall's art is lovely...maybe I could snatch a bust shot made by them if I win? (so I have options)
Zelphyr Topic Starter

Orrik_Zynn_x2 wrote:
If it's all the same I'm not sure if the second artist I was thinking of is open for commissions and Heimdall's art is lovely...maybe I could snatch a bust shot made by them if I win? (so I have options)

Are you asking to take one of the busts instead of money to commission someone else? I'd encourage checking with Heimdall about commissions first, and adding that to your regular entry. If Heimdall would prefer though, I'd be willing to swap out your commission request for one of their busts.
Ilmarinen Moderator

Novalyyn wrote:
Orrik_Zynn_x2 wrote:

Are you asking to take one of the busts instead of money to commission someone else? I'd encourage checking with Heimdall about commissions first, and adding that to your regular entry. If Heimdall would prefer though, I'd be willing to swap out your commission request for one of their busts.

This would be ideal! I don't have regular prices for my drawings. :) Examples will be along the lines of these two pictures: 1 and 2
...I have never felt so torn ._.

Hnng...my gut says to stay with my current choice though so I'll stick with it. (Besides, I'm sure Kat will enjoy my request and I'd really like to see her style for the character I have in mind~)
Zelphyr Topic Starter

Orrik_Zynn_x2 wrote:

Hnng...my gut says to stay with my current choice though so I'll stick with it. (Besides, I'm sure Kat will enjoy my request and I'd really like to see her style for the character I have in mind~)
I'll note it as an alternative if you come up when there's less than $6 then. :)
Novalyyn wrote:
Orrik_Zynn_x2 wrote:

I'll not it as an alternative if you come up when there's less than $6 then. :)

Ok~!! <3 Thanks Nova!
Whoa !! I'm broke and I don't see a reason to not join so why not !!!

Aha,, I feel kind of awful for choosing such an expensive one, but I don't want to miss my chance!
https://www.deviantart.com/bloodnspice/art/Painting-Commissions-OPEN-704444502
I'm after the $50 (waist-up) bc I have ideas lmao,,,
Zelphyr Topic Starter

RhythmRose wrote:
Whoa !! I'm broke and I don't see a reason to not join so why not !!!

Aha,, I feel kind of awful for choosing such an expensive one, but I don't want to miss my chance!
https://www.deviantart.com/bloodnspice/art/Painting-Commissions-OPEN-704444502
I'm after the $50 (waist-up) bc I have ideas lmao,,,
Don't feel bad! I put in so much money specifically because I know some art does cost a lot, and it's absolutely worth it! The only time I discourage someone listing more expensive art is if they want something less expensive more. :)

I'm delighted to see more people entering!
This is so kind of you!
I've been wanting to commission art, but money has been so tight lately. Adulting is hard.

It'd be really awesome to get a full-body sketch from Madratbird! https://www.deviantart.com/madratbird/art/OPEN-Commission-Prices-742880473
I loooove their stuff
Zet

hey there, I'd like to volunteer as one of the artists.

I'm willing to do cell shaded busts for 3 entrants.

Samples at this folder here: https://imgur.com/a/e2t6sW4
BunBunUke

Oough... I've been so out of it lately, and struggling with visiting the doctors as of late.

But... I'd like to get something nice for my fiancé since he's always working and making sure he provides the best for me. He rarely gets to sit down and draw his own stuff lately, so I would love to commission MadRatBird for his character, Ebony. Preferably a waist up (~$50 for the lineart) if not just because he deserves something really nice of one of his characters since, again, he hasn't really had time for himself and has done so much for me that I haven't been able to make up with everything that's been dragging me down lately.
Zelphyr Topic Starter

FreeJayFly wrote:
Oough... I've been so out of it lately, and struggling with visiting the doctors as of late.

But... I'd like to get something nice for my fiancé since he's always working and making sure he provides the best for me. He rarely gets to sit down and draw his own stuff lately, so I would love to commission MadRatBird for his character, Ebony. Preferably a waist up (~$50 for the lineart) if not just because he deserves something really nice of one of his characters since, again, he hasn't really had time for himself and has done so much for me that I haven't been able to make up with everything that's been dragging me down lately.
Should I list you just for the waist up lineart, or since you said "preferably," would you like me to include any lower priced options as backup?

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » We'll buy you art. CLOSED, seeking input

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus