Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Adventurers' Quest! -Closed Topic-

Dylan Sylus (played by Laydrin_Conarsis)

Dylan laughs at her statement. I may be able to tolerate this one after all. "So lass, you like death and destruction? Sheer will to kill? Or just hate monsters?" His posture remains calm but his voice is loud and boisterous. His tone is cheerful and friendly, but his words hold weight even if he tries to make them seem light and fun.
Vilmarys Nesheim (played by AdoniVae) Topic Starter

((Brb))

I look at him, "It depends. If I need to protect myself, then without a doubt, but if it is anything else, I never throw the first punch. That makes them the victim." I smirk, "And that remark you said about killing children, I like that. Shows you're a good person." I smirk and start eating some bread that was on the bar.

He smiles sickens, turning into a maddening one instead of a kind one. "Oh yes of course. I was tortured till the age of about 19? Yes 19. My parents did experiments on me and other poor children who were sold to us. I can't bare see or hear another child scream. So I keep them safe. "

His voice was happy when talking about his past, then went to upbeat when talking about specifically just children. His posture now assumes anxious as he sits on the edge of his chair, bouncing his leg.

My eyes widen, I felt sorry for him and the children who had to go through such things. I keep eating bread, then I felt my eyes change into grey. I looked around, trying to change my mood, but that didn't help. I was sad and I just needed to deal with it.

Dylan looks at her eyes, and is confused momentarily. "Your eyes have changed color. How strange." His voice isn't patronizing or mean, just curious and amazed.

I look at him like a deer about to get shot. "Ah, it is after all, in my nature as a Changeling. Haha, get me mad and I will turn into a dragon!" I laugh as I lift the bread for another bite.
Lyra (played by EterniGhost)

Her head snaps toward Dylan at the mention of his past. "Experiments? Were there... needles involved?" She coughed. "Um, yeah, killing children aren't really my thing," She forced her shoulder back and her chin up. She glanced at the humanoids' eyes, and found that they had changed color. After a few seconds, she tore her stare away, aware that she had been looking for too long.

He laughs at this woman comment. "A dragon!?" He then stops at the mention of needles. He starts to have flashbacks, then they stop. He lunges for whoever said the word and wraps his clawed extremely tightly around their throat. He screams in her face. His voice loud and harsh as well as his posture. "NEVER EVER SAY THAT WORD!" His grip tightens and he starts to cut off her air. "I SWEAR TO ALL THE GODS AND GODDESSES IF YOU OR ANYBODY ELSE SAY'S THAT WORD I'LL KILL THEM!" The tavern has gone silent, as he was louder then all the commotion.

He see's nothing but her, as she has triggered him. Dylan throws her across the room, ears twitching. His eyes pierce through her like swords. His smile is that of a mad man, a man who has no sanity left in his being. Her walks over to her and kneels down, whispering softly in her ear. "Now. Don't ever. Ever. Say that word again. Do you understand me lass?"

Tables and chairs are toppled, a few broken as she lays in the pile of rubbish.

I stand up in defense mode, my claws came out(From her true form) and I snarled a bit. "What the hell, man?" I went to help her up and sat her down, "Listen, if you want to hurt anyone, do it on a dummy, otherwise, calm the hell down!" I say as I sit back down, my claws were getting darker and my arms started to thicken and had spots of red scales. My teeth sharpened and my pupils turned into sharp daggers. Everyone in the tavern was still and even the bard had stopped playing his lute. I asked for a strong beer but the bar tender denied, I look at him and my eyes glowed red, it was like I scared his soul form his body. He handed me the bottle and I drank.

He looks at the scale covered female. "SHE SAID THE WORD! THIS IS A WARNING! I COULD'VE SNAPPED HER NECK! DO YOU WANT THAT INSTEAD!" He is starting to get more and more angry by the second.

((Brb gotta charge phone, so I won't be on for a bit))

I start to drink the bottle more until it was empty. I motioned for another, "Listen, we don't know you. Do you really expect for us to automatically know you don't like that word?" The bar tender hands me the bottle and I drink it down like the last. I put down a pouch of gold, "Keep 'em coming." I say to him and he grabs the gold and puts down another bottle.

((Oki doki!))

Lyra was thrown against the side of a chair, the intricate carvings smashes into her side. It would probably leave a bruise.
"Uh," she gasps for air. She sits down, and leans heavily against the side of the bar.
"Sorry," she said, slightly dazed and her nerves going crazy. After a few minutes, she begins to understand why he got so angry. He was like her. She gazed at him. "You understand," she muttered under her breath, then immediately coughed to cover it up. It was probably a trick. People were spying on her. He had been sent here to get information out of her. He couldn't possibly have the same panic that she had over needles. She glances at him. "I'm really sorry," she said again. Her ears flatten, and her tail tucks behind the chair. She had just come in looking for a job to get her some money, and now she wanted nothing more than to run away to the forest, seeing the blur of trees rush by her as she ran. She looked down at the floor of the dirty tavern, both dazed and anxious.

((I am going to leave as well, I will be back at 8AM tomorrow!))

"WELL I CANT CONTROL IT ALRIGHT! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! YOU DONT UNDERSTAND WANT IT'S LIKE TO HAVE THOSE THINGS CONSTANTLY POKED INTO YOU! ODD LIQUIDS SOMETIMES WITH CHUNKS JUST BEING PRESSED INTO YOUR BLOOD! DAY AFTER DAY SINCE YOU WERE 3 YEARS OLD! BY YOUR PARENTS! ALRIGHT! SO YEAH! IT'S GONNA BE A PROBLEM FOR ME!"

He looks over at the girl. "You'd better be sorry. And what do I understand? I understand a lot of things." He starts to laugh again, this time it sounding like nothing good was left in him. It filled the tavern viciously as his laughter is insanity inducing.

Tears flood her eyes, but she blinks them away. Her heart began to beat even faster, if that was possible. He had just voiced what she had felt, but was never able to tell anyone. Her fingers started trembling, and she willed them to be still. You are looking for a job here. No one's going to hire you if you have a breakdown. But they were still shaking, and her tail was wrapped tightly around one of the legs of the chair.
"Never mind," she said, barely audible in the crowded bar. It suddenly felt very hot in the tavern, the noises too loud. She stared at the ceiling, feeling dizzy. Hopefully they're all going to look at Dylan and not notice the weak, wolf-woman beside him who can't even sit down at a bar without panicking. You're looking for a job, that's it. Ignore all of this other nonsense. The edges of her vision began to get blurry, and she sank her face into her hands.

I drink more and more, not caring about the fact that I am slowly destroying my liver's. My vision gets a little hazy after my second bottle. "Ok, ya know what?" I say with my head a little dizzy, "I am sorry I yelled. People go through stuff, and others can't help it." I shrug and keep drinking from my bottle. I grab another and drink more.

((Ok, now I am gonna narrate the Tavern))
People started to chatter once more, but most went into rooms with dancers or by themselves. Men started to laugh and drink bottle after bottle of strong beer. The bard starts to sing a song about a weary traveler and the tavern started to quiet down again. On the outside of the tavern, a beggar sat. In the alley next to the place, were rats and a weird goblin-like creature that ate them. It started to screech and people who walked by begun to run by. The dragon at the top of the castle screeched and then disappeared into the tree for the night. Some fire-flies came out and light the streets as kids played with them and others settled down for the night. There was nothing but peace at night. Some of the guards played a game of Rummy and others stopped in at the tavern. Men stared at them as they sat at the table in the corner.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Adventurers' Quest! -Closed Topic-

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus