Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Just Talkin' :)

Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Haaaa I remember back when Server was out here writing weird poems for everyone XD
Claine Moderator

What if it didn't stack. Like it can be ANON OR Friends only, not both.
Yeah! Like Claine said!
That's more of what I was thinking :)
Yeah anon vs friends only is also what I have expected out of that feature.

That's potentially a temporary solution, though probably a bit annoying to users in terms of UI expectations. You know that day one people will be asking when they can do it with anon characters, though ;)
One step at a time is all anyone can ask for :D

Maybe what it could be is that there's like... a stump page that just says "send friend request"? So you could send a link to the profile to people you wanted to see it?
Huh, that's a good idea!
That way the profile isn't completely locked, but doesn't show the whole profile until you are friends with that person (or already friends)
I think
Kind of like GM(?) pages in Groups?

Game master pages don't have quite the same issue in that only parts of a group can be GM only, so it's still possible to see the group and join it and then be assigned to the role. But I kind of get what you're saying.
As I said to Claine (who is trying to explain CSS to me), my vocabulary is of a peanut, forgive me lol ^^;

Regardless; it's an entirely solvable problem and something I want to do. TBH SO much of my creative juices have been being strained and poured into the staggeringly huge maps project for quite awhile now that it's sometimes a bit hard to think creatively about other things. Especially in the first quarter when EW is imminent. So I guess the good news is that that suggestion will almost certainly happen at some point in future, I just don't *quite* know when.
*yawn ... what time is it...
Oh Hi! Office Hours! :)
Claine Moderator

Hi Dawnia :D
You must have some manic energy Kim

Quote:
- Discourage search engines, but show on the community character page ⭐⭐
I think I've read someone suggest this in the past?
A way to hide characters from search engines, but let it still show on the community character page.

For this one, there's no particular reason why not; it's definitely been asked about before. It's just been a bit low priority so far.

@DarkonDreams - Golly, I had so much more a decade ago XD But I definitely seem to like to go at a big project like a husky likes to pull a heavy sled.
Oh... talking characters!

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Just Talkin' :)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus