Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Just Talkin' :)

That is a good one MErcy!
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Hmmmn. Maybe? My knee jerk reaction is yes, but there is a part of me that is afraid there is a ramification I haven't thought of yet, possibly just that it will remind people BBCode works there and I don't have to disable it right now because no one has abused that XD
I get the immediate edit thought, but I tend to not see things until I'm back in the other screen, and the edit button is right there.
Is there a way to not include a hot bar but make it so hot keys work for BBCode in status?
Sent that bug report for future Kim to look at :)

Oh now that's an interesting solution! *scribble scribbles*

@Gregory Thank you! :D

Quote:
- RPR Rewards System ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
An RPR rewards system where you do tasks to collect points to redeem for shop items or just shop items. Which is helpful for those who don't have the money to spend on items.
For this ask, I'd like to start by directing people to the upcoming Epic Week contests, where a whole lot of epicness and other shop items are available as prizes! You don't need any money to enter those, many of them don't need any particular talents, and many of them are very sparsely entered to the point that most years there's at least one contest where every single person who posted an entry got a prize. It is the most direct version of "do a little task and get shop items" that we already have.

Epic Week happens towards the end of April, and a lot of the contests last many weeks beyond the main event, so there's plenty of opportunity to enter.
I'm looking forward to Epic Week!
Yess! And many people hold raffles during epic week giving away party bags and other things.
Hasn't been a raffle in a while. Oh, I have another question.... the 'Random' widget.... is there a limit on how many *** lines can be made?

We also do have some collector's items that can be obtained by participating in events (Summer soiree, trick or treat the forums, welcoming new members each month) and then trading the resulting accolade(s) to Moa when she comes into town. I would like to expand on this a bit in future.

But when it comes to the majority of shop items... I super duper feel for people who are young or underemployed or on a strict budget or simply don't feel comfortable entering their CC info online. I wish that money were not a necessity to keep the site running. Alas, it is. Servers can be pricey, running events can be pricey. I suspect a lot of newer players don't realize that the RPR doesn't make enough money to pay for any full time employees at all, and that includes me -- I have to work other jobs most of the year to keep the roof over my head. So some, perhaps the majority, of shop items, need to stay as obtainable through money-only to keep the lights on, so to speak.

@Dawnia - Oooh, what an interesting question! I don't believe there is a practical limit.
I was curious is all. I have a character who tends to put out one-liners in the random.

I think it's an under-utilized widget
They have a lot! I have only played with it with one character.
Ohhh I just thought of....using the random widget for songs/youtube videos o:
random character songssss
Yeah! Great Idea!

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Just Talkin' :)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus