Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Doom of the Savage Kings

"We have no proof it was them. It could have been older sacrifices too, and the three could have fled, although highly improbable."
He answers, and prepares a spell in case other undead attacked.

rolled 1d20 and got a natural 2. After the modifier of +1, got 3
Spell - Arcane Projectile

Xepil (played by MordosKull)

Xepil smacks his lips as Rae makes fun of him but decides to disregard it.

"It's probably them, grrr." Says the Hobgoblin to Galiena who seems to connect the dots about the three missing friends of Josh and the three corpses in the entrance of the tomb. "I ain't no forensic expert, grrrr, but those were three human heads at the entrance and we had three missing men that came to the tomb, grrr. Seems too much of a coincidence to me, grrr." Guess they would have to ask Josh directly, though he doubts the boy would recognize the skulls of his comrades.

Anywho, with that distraction out of the way, Xepil takes point behind Rae and clambers up the shaft, leaning down to help Galiena up behind him. "Upsie daisy now people, grrr. The more we procrastinate the more time the Hound has to recover."
Archer (played by FandomsForDays)

Archer shrugged.

"Well, it wouldn't hurt to try." He ambled over to it and beckoned Iraco to follow him.

"Ready?" He asks.
The GM (played by Juls) Topic Starter

"Sure," Iraco wades out into the pool, past the leather bound bundles and rests his spear against the face of the mound beside the door before putting his hands on the circular stone in an attempt to move it.

((If Archer helps try to move it, roll a d20.))

"This one still has his head though, along with a skull," Galiena said once she finished the short prayer over the body.

Regardless, there seems to be nothing more to be done about it now other than be on guard against more undead. So she lets Xepil help her up into the tunnel, then offers a hand down to help John climb up behind.

The small passage is only 2 feet in height and width, with a rough stone floor and a ceiling built of branches and roots. It goes south for about 10 feet, then turns to the west. Rae, being in front with the lantern, is the only one who can see much of anything.

28ba2pu.jpg

rolled 1d20 and got 20
Iraco Strength

rolled 1d6 and got 6
secret GM reasons... ;)

(( Those are a lot of crits... ))
"What are you waiting for? The tunnel gets smaller or what?" John asked aloud. He was quite nervous, not liking a space where he barely could move and would be an easy target for any small beasts, like for example conjured snakes able to live in an undead's stomach...
"Nae, I ken if we've found any o' them three, t'was this'un here," Rae agrees with Galiena. "Th' others was tae old, and who'd've put 'em there, yeah?"

She waves her hand at the offered dagger. "Best yeh keep it in case o' somethin' sneckin' up from b'hind, I ken."

And then she hurries off as quickly as possible with a lantern, hammer, and bag of supplies to move along as well.

Turning the corner, she pauses to double check for any hidden problems ahead.

((Edit: Well, this is one time I'm quite glad to see a 1.))

rolled 1d6 and got 1
Investigating. Success on 1-4

Rae sees nothing concerning after the first turn and the party progresses to the second turn without issue, the dwarf prodding the walls and the ceiling as they go.

When the tunnel turns north again, she can see it opens up into another chamber ahead. Almost at the same time, she prods the ceiling to find a spot where nothing stops her hammer from pushing up through the weave of sticks and roots that make up the ceiling, crudely disguising a chimney-like passage above.
"'Ey!" Rae quietly, but excitedly, cheers. "Pass it on back tha' there's an openin' ahead inta a chamber, an' there's a wee chimney bit 'ere. Not sure as I kin stand up innit, but I ken I kin try. Whaddya thin'?"

She places the lantern on the floor of the tunnel and peers up through the ceiling, looking for daylight.

((Approximately how wide is the chimney-like passage? And how tight are the roots/branches? Would Rae be able to stand up in it without difficulty?))

Archer tried to help Iraco move the fixture, pressing his against it and shoving with his entire body.

rolled 1d20 and got 1
Archer - Strength

((That was a waste, damn XD))

((Ouch, Fandom, we gotta get you a new set of dice. ;) ))

The stone starts to move, but then Archer's grip slips off the large round stone, sending the falconer back into the shallow water on his butt. Just beneath the sandy bottom, his hand finds a leather bundle. Iraco laughs and puts a hand down to help Archer back up.

The bundle, if investigated, is nearly identical to the 3 that were discovered by the first group (and are still in the pool, though not buried in the sand). It's secured with rotting leather straps and contains a nicked and pitted bronze sword, a few tin coins, and a cracked, humanoid skull.

"Let's try that again," Iraco says. "If we can't get it, I'll have Hadden tie that bard to a tree or something and come help us."

The chimney has similar dimensions to the tunnel. About 2' by 2'. The roots and branches, while probably once upon a time were fairly tight, are now brittle and dry. Though as Rae parts the roots and looks up, hoping to see daylight, she sees instead a dull pair of eyes staring back: another ghoul crawling down head first toward her...

rolled 1d20 and got 6
Iraco - attempt #2

((Oh crap, does anyone have a spear? Otherwise I dunno how are we gonna reach that ghoul. Also, what's the marching order right now? Rae, Galiena, Xepil and John right?))

Xepil wrote:
((Oh crap, does anyone have a spear? Otherwise I dunno how are we gonna reach that ghoul. Also, what's the marching order right now? Rae, Galiena, Xepil and John right?))

((I thought it was Rae, Xepil, Galiena, John))

((Oh well, in that case, would Xepil have a chance at hitting the Ghoul about to attack Rae?))

((Yeah, I could go with that... though the ghoul would have some cover.))
"Lah! What's this?" Rae exclaims as she sees the ghastly face peering down. "Xepil! Flank it!"

She turns herself about in the passageway so that both she and the Hobgoblin are facing the foul creature. A wildness flares into her eyes as she stares at Xepil for a second or two.

"If we light a torch up there, th'airflow'll pull the flames upward an' away from us...," she whispers as she glances upward again and reaches for her pack.

Archer rolls his eyes but accepts the help gratefully.

"Ah, whatever." He grins, getting up and sighing at the wetness cascading down his back. "If I catch a chill, it won't matter."

He walks back over with the bag.

"Should we keep this or not?" He asks. "I don't think there's anything too important, but...you never know."
Vilod (played by AdoniVae)

((So sorry for being innactive ;^;/))
-
I nod and walk out of the door with the two. I make my way through each of the streets, passing houses that gave chills. The place seemed so empty. The grain beneath my feet even felt scared somehow. I almost felt sad about it, but at the same time, I felt like an imposter to feel that way. I was gone for so long and came back to this. I couldn't blame myself, I am not that person. I just hoped the rumors weren't true about this hag.

"What? Flank what!? Grrr!" Xepil all but scrambles forward with knife in hand when Rae calls out in alarm. As much as he hates fighting in cramped spaces, that doesn't mean he's not going to try.

"Graaa! Dang it, Rae! You're too tight!" He says as he tries to squeeze past the dwarf to confront the ghoul-- not really paying any attention to his words.

When the dwarven woman turns to him with fire in her eyes though, the Hobgoblin stares at her with wide eyes. "Wait what? Now? Grrr.. well alright." He closes his eyes and purses his lips clearly thinking that Rae was going to kiss him, and then sputters when Rae suggests that they set fire to the thing.

"Right! That's exactly what I thought you were going to propose, grrrhehe! Good plan!" He thinks its a terrible plan, but at this point he's glad to change the topic. So much that he actually tries to scramble past Rae and push his buckler onto the Ghoul, making himself a large target to distract the Ghoul away from Rae. He brings his knife down on it too for good person. "Hey ugly!! GRAAAH!!"

rolled 1d20 and got a natural 6. After the modifier of +1, got 7
Distracting Attack

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Doom of the Savage Kings

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus