Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Oakwood High School (Closed)

Bear was the quintessential WASP with a name that dated back to some plantation family and her vintage preppy style. She even summered in the Hamptons and wintered in Aspen. However, after her fathers most recent financial scandal her mother left him, then made Bear move with her and change schools for her senior year.

Bear found herself wondering the long halls alone long after the bell rang trying to follow the directions to her new class. Bear stopped and twisted the small orb on her vintage Vivian Westwood pearl necklace. This piece of jewelry was about as rebellious as the girl got at least in public.

She finally threw her hands up and frowned. That’s when her eyes narrowed on the number she had been looking for. She pushed the door open loudly making quite the entrance as the class had been working on something. “Hey, I am Bear Wonderson '' she made a paw motion with her hand “is this the right place” the fact that all eyes had turned to take in Bear, did not waver the confidence of the petite, sun kissed blonde In the doorway.
Tiffany Kraft (played anonymously)

Tiffany looked up over the top of her glasses at the student who decided to take half the period off. She thought a lot of herself announcing who she was while other students were working on the assignment.

“It’s nice you could join us Miss Wonderson. I’m Ms Kraft. Please have a seat.” Tiffany said as she pointed to an empty desk behind Macie. She looked down at her desk and smiled and said, “Thank you Macie. You’re the first to turn in your paper.” She then looked back down to mark Miss Wonderson tardy for the first day of class.
"Yes," With a half roll of her eyes a nod, and a pangent girl smile, Bear slid into the seat behind the way to an enthusiastic girl named Marci or Mattie. She peered at the girl's head a bit longer, as she mentally kicked herself for being so horrible at names. Finally, Bear fliped a long golden lock of hair over her shoulder and leaned forward. "PSSS what are we doing, I got a bit lost this morning" The smile on bears face was inviting and seem genuine at least to those who didn't know her true nature.

Bear's eyes rolled up to see that Ms Kraft staring at her again like she was evaluating her every move.
Macie Melody Lightfoot (played by MacieLightfoot)

Bear Wonderson wrote:
"Yes," With a half roll of her eyes a nod, and a pangent girl smile, Bear slid into the seat behind the way to an enthusiastic girl named Marci or Mattie. She peered at the girl's head a bit longer, as she mentally kicked herself for being so horrible at names. Finally, Bear fliped a long golden lock of hair over her shoulder and leaned forward. "PSSS what are we doing, I got a bit lost this morning" The smile on bears face was inviting and seem genuine at least to those who didn't know her true nature.

Bear's eyes rolled up to see that Ms Kraft staring at her again like she was evaluating her every move.

Macie did not even know who the teen thought she was. She had already come in acting like she was the most popular diva ever to walk the halls. She wanted to be disgusted at that idea however due to her pretentiously good loving nature... she couldn't retort a snide comment. So from her very generous nature she told what the assignment was...

Macie: *Passing a reply back; Whispering* write a brief five hundred word summary about yourself and your aspirations in life. That's the assignment. And here's a slice of advice for free. Next time you're late... try being more silent about it and a little more cordial in stating for forgiveness from being late. Just because I'm giving you the assignment this time... doesn't mean that you can come to expect that to happen every time. Not everyone is as nice and sweet and giving as you believe them to be. I happen to speak from experience. So... word for the wise... Next time you're late to class... present yourself to more dignified. It'll give you a better outcome.

She wasn't insulting. Mean. Cruel or crass. She was being subtle and genuine. Being cordial as profanely possible. It was the only way to be. Which was fair.
Bear’s eyebrow rose and a sly smirk crossed her lips like a cat up to no good. Bear was intrigued tell the girls started to be crass but quickly dropped off. “Im never late but who know the secretary wasn’t great at giving directions, ” she held up a piece a paper with scribbles and chicken scratch for handwriting that was almost impossible to read. She leaned forward a bit more “being quite and fair isn’t the only way to live” she leaned back pulling out her notebook and pen “ I mean one day I will be filling filling all of my families expectations, but right now we have youth and energy let’s use it”
Nguyan Le (played anonymously)

Guy was kicked back as best he could in those plastic chairs that were attached to the desks and had his feet stretched out. He was amusing himself tapping Charlotte's chair leg in front of him before his eyes turned to the girl who came busting into class.

"Niiiice..." he said under his breath as he looked the tiny blonde over. He was guessing she was a bit of a preppy and would likely not want to have anything to do with him, but you never know. He watched her move as she took the seat Ms Kraft directed her to.

So... he could check out two cute girls by looking up toward Ms Kraft who wasn't bad-looking herself. He was earlier put off by the prissy studiousness of Macie, but just because she was Asian like him, he had come to the conclusion that she wouldn't have time for a guy like him either. Of course there was always Charlotte.

Guy spent the class time doodling in his notebook, making caracitures of the three girls. He did have a talent for sketch-art, and he did have art class fifth period, but for now, he had to plod through these morning classes. He would turn in his assignment tomorrow since it wasn't due until then.
Bear found her eyes wondering the room instead of doing her work. She scanned the other students her eyes landing on the Asian looking boy across the room. She tapped her pen on the desk as she watched his movements like a cat watching her pray. As his eyes seemed to meet her she quickly glanced back at her paper, Bear knew that boys like that don’t tend to take I treat in a girl like her.
Charlotte Walker (played anonymously)

Charly, having gotten trouble for cutting a lot of classes last year vowed to try and stay the course this year. She was behind credits, and so when she came into Ms Krafts class she sat down and minded her own business. The trouble was the boys she had gone out with last year and over the summer had other ideas. She sighed when GG moved from behind Macie to sit behind her.

Trying not to let him distract her, Charly fretted about writing about herself. She hadn’t really ever thought about what she wanted to do in life, and other than growing up in the shadow of her big sister Bree, she only really wanted to imitate her. When the girl came in to interrupt class, Charly didn’t pay her much mind outside a quick glance up. She instead wondered what else to write. She had one hundred and eighty-nine words... only ... she tapped her fingers together as she counted... three hundred and eleven words to go....

... her thoughts was interrupted by GG, and Charly turned around and said loudly as she glared. “Dammit Guy, stop it! I’m doing my schoolwork.... you’re distracting me...”

Charlotte Walker wrote:
Charly, having gotten trouble for cutting a lot of classes last year vowed to try and stay the course this year. She was behind credits, and so when she came into Ms Krafts class she sat down and minded her own business. The trouble was the boys she had gone out with last year and over the summer had other ideas. She sighed when GG moved from behind Macie to sit behind her.

Trying not to let him distract her, Charly fretted about writing about herself. She hadn’t really ever thought about what she wanted to do in life, and other than growing up in the shadow of her big sister Bree, she only really wanted to imitate her. When the girl came in to interrupt class, Charly didn’t pay her much mind outside a quick glance up. She instead wondered what else to write. She had one hundred and eighty-nine words... only ... she tapped her fingers together as she counted... three hundred and eleven words to go....

... her thoughts was interrupted by GG, and Charly turned around and said loudly as she glared. “Dammit Guy, stop it! I’m doing my schoolwork.... you’re distracting me...”

Macie was just sitting in her seat and quietly listening to her one CD that she had with her and minding her own business. But that was when she caught sight of a couple of guys trying to mess with the one teenage girl. She didn't know what to do other than call for the teacher. She got the teacher's attention and motioned that someone was bugging Charley. Macie knew it was not good to squeal on someone... But she couldn't take it anymore. She knew that she would have to say something.

Guy smirked at Charly’s irritation and said, “Come out to my car at lunch and I’ll do your assignment.” he said before wagging his tongue at her. He also caught that cutie Macie looking back at him before saying something to Ms Kraft. When she looked back while talking to the teacher, Guy raised his eyebrows and waived at Macie in a ‘bring it on’ sort of motion. He straightened up quickly when Ms Kraft looked his way.

Nguyan Le wrote:
Guy smirked at Charly’s irritation and said, “Come out to my car at lunch and I’ll do your assignment.” he said before wagging his tongue at her. He also caught that cutie Macie looking back at him before saying something to Ms Kraft. When she looked back while talking to the teacher, Guy raised his eyebrows and waived at Macie in a ‘bring it on’ sort of motion. He straightened up quickly when Ms Kraft looked his way.

Macie looked at the teenage boy and scoffed. She was in disbelief of how some of the guys in the room were behaving. It was as if the guys in the class all thought of the girls as just Sex objects and nothing more. She wanted to just puke. But instead... She got up and walked over to the guy and gave him a thing or two.

Macie: You sir... Can back off from her. Right now. Before i lose my sweetness nature and let loose a little thing called Lightfoot Fury. Just because i am a sweet looking gal don't mean that i can't fight. I can and i will. I promise that you don't want this. My cousin is also in this school somewhere and if i gotta... i'll call her and she'll do the plastering. You don't want her to come at you. If she does... You'll wish that you never messed with anyone... Girls deserve respect and it's guys like you who give all mankind a very bad name. Sit down... Shut Up... and refrain from the girl. One more attempt from you and it's go time. The gloves come off, pal. You ready for the Lightfoot hurricane? Just try to mess with her one more time. Just try. I dare you. One more time.

Macie was putting it straight and for the sweet girl that she was... It was truly showing that she was not gonna take any crap from any guy who's only objective is to do any and all possible to get into a girl's pants. This was proof.

GG sat back and looked up at the ranting girl with a bit of amusement on his face. His eyes looked her over as she went on and on. When she stopped for a breath, he said calmly, "Are you done yet?" He raised his eyebrows at her and kept his eyes squarely on hers. She sure was an uptight one.

"Dude, she likes you..." James, a rather large guy who was on the wrestling team and played offensive guard on the football team said. He sat to Guy's right and he was clearly amused at the girl's outburst. "And she proposed an outing with you and her cousin too... wow..."

Guy looked at him and gave him a silent 'shut up' mouthing and moved his hand flat and across slightly in a non-verbal 'shut up'.

"Macie! Sit back down!" Miss Kraft said sternly as she was right there behind her. Yes there was some scoffing between the students, and she could see Nguyan had bothered Charlotte. who took the matter into her own hands and told him to stop. Guy didn't do anything threatening to anyone in the class to warrant an outburst like that from Maci. "I'll have to see you after class Ms Lightfoot."

Yes, Maci may be right about Nguyan, but to burst out with such words and accusations toward another student could land the fiesty young woman in trouble. Ms Kraft then turned her steely gaze toward Nguyan and said, "You too Mr Le". before giving James a hard stare and walking behind Macie making sure she again took her seat.

"We will NOT have anymore outbursts in class, and if you were pestering anyone else, that will stop... Today." Ms Kraft said as her eyes beamed through her glasses at the class.

"Tomorrow's assignment will be on Respect. Despite not going about it the right way and aiming her accusations at one particular person, Macie did bring up some valid points and I think it would be good to discuss them."

She scanned the room and stopped on Nguyan. He was trouble... she could see that when he walked into her class. But she didn't expect an explosion on the very first day.

Guy tried to keep any emotion off his face while Ms Kraft restrained Macie. He shook his head as he looked back down at his Caricature of Macie and started on another one. He looked up in surprise when Ms Kraft called to him to stay after class as well.

He dropped his pen on his notebook and spread his arms out and put a look of surprise on his face as he said in a surprising tone, "Me? Why? I didn't do anything.... except be a target of Miss Macie's rant and invitation." He folded his arms across his chest and looked to James and shrugged before he shook his head. He sighed and picked up his pen and finally opened his notebook. He couldn't use up the whole notebook cover in the first period of the first day. He needed a fresh sheet of paper...
Bear slammed her hand on the desk and started to laugh until she was almost crying, after a few moments she wiped a tear from her eye and narrowed her eyes dangerously at Maci before flipping a loose hair over her shoulder " Look at little Marci Go" Another soft smile crossed her face and she knew that wasn't the girl's name and she knew she was pushing poor Ms. Kraft's limits but Bear had a sour taste about Maci. "Stop holding everyone to your morals and your way of thinking" Her smile becoming even more vicious "Also Next time you do, Learn to fight your own fights not call a cousin" Bear leaned back in her chair crossing her tan legs " that's it, unless that offer still stands about going to that dudes car inturn for him doing people's work because this assignment is sucks," Her eyes saw the Teacher "Sorry Ms. Kraft I am done now" Bear knew she had no place to really say anything but she couldn't help herself.

She glance at where the group of boys were sitting and the girl named Carly giving the group a small smirk before rolling her eyes back to the large clock and to take in whatever punishment she was about the endure from Ms. Kraft.

"Ms Wonderson, you are already on thin ice with me for showing up late. You best be here on time the rest of the week." she said sternly to the blonde. She then turned her head and went on. “And this will be enough. Since there is only ten minutes left in class, does anyone else have anything they want to say? No? How about you Mr James Stapp? Or you Ms Walker? We may as well get it all out in the open here and now."

Ms Kraft sat her bottom back against the front of her desk as she spread her arms out and put her hands on the desk as well. She thumped her fingers a few times on the desk as she looked at her students, waiting for one to speak up...

Guy paused his drawing and looked over at the tiny blonde as she decided to join in. A grin spread across his face as he listened. He did raise his eyebrow when he heard her say she wanted to visit his car at lunch. as he looked her over as much as he could see. She was cute and had nice legs, but he wasn't going to say anything right now. He was sure he already burned all his measure of granted goodwill that Ms Kraft was giving out on the first day.

Tiffany Kraft wrote:
"Macie! Sit back down!" Miss Kraft said sternly as she was right there behind her. Yes there was some scoffing between the students, and she could see Nguyan had bothered Charlotte. who took the matter into her own hands and told her to stop. Guy didn't do anything threatening to anyone in the class to warrant an outburst like that from Maci. "I'll have to see you after class Ms Lightfoot."

Yes, Maci may be right about Nguyan, but to burst out with such words and accusations toward another student could land the fiesty young woman in trouble. Ms Kraft then turned her steely gave toward Nguyan and said, "You too Mr Le". before giving James a hard stare and walking behind Macie making sure she again took her seat.

"We will NOT have anymore outbursts in class, and if you were pestering anyone else, that will stop... Today." Ms Kraft said as her eyes beamed through her glasses.

"Tomorrow's assignment will be on Respect. Despite not going about it the right way and aiming her accusations at one particular person, Macie did bring up some valid points we should discuss."

She scanned the room and stopped on Nguyan. He was trouble... she could see that when he walked into her class. But she didn't expect an explosion on the very first day.

Macie realized that what she did was not right. Not right at all. But she didn't waver. She saw a lot of women during her previous tour being treated wrong. Like sex objects and for all the times that she could say something... she saw that she couldn't as she had a image and rep to uphold. She couldn't say anything without it come back as a backlash. However now that she was in a classroom and not in the mass public eye. She thought that she could speak her mind. But turned out... she was given the eye.

Macie: Sorry, Ma'am. But i was not about to just sit idly by and condone the sort of talk coming from the two guys. They were talking as if all girls and women were to be seen as nothing more than sex subjects. I don't really know how it gets to you. It probably gets you deeper than it does me. But i was not one to just sit and take it. I wasn't. There is no way i am gonna be expected to. You can send me out if you don't agree... But i don't tolerate any talk like that towards women. Not now... Not ever.

Macie was direct. She was standing up for the rights of all women. Girls. No matter who it was. If one was being disrespected... What was being done to all the others? Macie wasn't one to take it. She wasn't going to either. Ever.!

Ms Kraft looked again at Macie. She could see there was something deeper that was calling out here. She said calmly and with a softer expression as she met and held Macie's eyes.

"Like I said Macie, you bring up some good points. Tomorrow I said the topic would be respect, and that means respect toward women as well. I would like for you to talk about your view on the subject tomorrow in front of class. I think your concerns should be heard." she spoke a bit more soothingly. "I would like to still talk to you after class. I'll let Nguyan go so you can talk freely."

She hoped she got the girl to calm down some. She looked around at the other students who seemed to have just wanted to get to the end of class to see if anyone else wanted to speak.
Charlotte Walker (played anonymously)

Charly had just kept her head down and managed to get about fifty more words down while all the banter was going on. When she did start to pay attention she realized that this Macie was trying to defend her! Charly raised her hand and said, "I..I have something t...t... to say."

Charly did have a bit of a speech impediment and she wasn't as smart as, well a lot of people, but she had swore she would try this year... She took a breath to try and gain confidence, and she stood up by her desk and put her hands together and said, " I told Guy to knock it off and he did. I don't see what all the fuss is about. I didn't and don't feel disrespected, by him or anybody, so if all that was for my benefit, it was unnecessary. I can take care of myself."

Charlotte picked up her notbook and remained standing, anticipating the bell. She smiled slightly, impressed that she managed to get all that out without a stutter.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Oakwood High School (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus