Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » (IC) The Conclave (Random Play)

"Fascinating, and very educational. My world has no figure in myth or legend to whom anyone ascribes as the source of all evil--or good, for that matter," he explained, once he had read all of it. He rubbed his chin in thought. "The most common spiritual belief people hold, where I come from, is that people are reincarnated--reborn--when they die. The biggest differences are debates on where and when you are reborn, who you are reborn as, and what determines the previous questions, as a general rule. Is it a question of the actions you took, and if so what kinds of actions? Is it chance? Is it who you may be related to?"

He felt that it was only fair to thank her for the gift of knowledge, by giving her some of his own.
"It's real fascinating stuff, isn't it? So, what else do you need to know?"
Sisti wanders back in again, stumbling and tripping over herself silly. She appears to somehow had gotten accidently drunk, for her cheeks were flushed and her tongue speaking in a slurred speech.
Tifa Lockhart (played by AgitoAceXIII)

“Well...This isn’t confusing in the slightest, I suppose...” She simply sighs. “Oh, well...”
"Fascinating? Oh yes, very much so,, he agreed, still looking over the bounty of information. "I think this is good for the basics, though if you have any more I certainly would not object," he added. He certainly was a lot more polite again now that someone had taken the time to explain things to him.
Asami - Embodiment of Puu (played by Xpoint_MetaPulse) Topic Starter

> While Atsuko and Samson connect over mutual discoveries, Asami cuddles drunk Sisti and Tifa rather cutely~

((Samson, Atsuko's showing each link in that article.))
((I figured as much, I just wanted IC justification for it XD))
((I gathered, but I don't like to double post in the forums. Messages are a different story.))

"Those words that are blue? Links. Just tap 'em...like...this! Each one holds a rather large page of data, regardless of what you tap."
> Atsuko, however, is long-tapping to send the links to new tabs.
Ben stood, leaning against a wall, hood from his long medieval era robe pulled to cover his face. "Quite complicated magic... interesting." He had a British accent, with a tang of Scottish. Part of his soft black hair stuck out of his dark purple robe. "Who are all you?" Suddenly the wind picked up, and 2 things were made clear. His robe was embroidered in deep black, and his eyes are different... color. The left eye is a deep magenta, the right a deep red. But then he covered his face. "Tch... Stupid wind..."
Atsuko wrote:
((I gathered, but I don't like to double post in the forums. Messages are a different story.))
((ah ok, fair))

Samson followed her instructions--he certainly made a keen student, browsing all the related information as quickly as he could--and he seemed to be a fairly swift reader. It was fortunate that his written language seemed to be identical to hers, or at the least there was some powerful translation magic going on in the background, though obviously there were terms and concepts his world had no word for--yet, anyway. Who knew what lay in their future?

He did glance up at the newcomer, especially when the wind picked up. "Magically induced heterochromia?" he murmured, not at all put off by the differing eye colors, or even their unnatural colors. Such things weren't common in his world, but neither were they exceedingly rare, either.
"...Where I come from, it's apparently a status symbol associated with miracle workers..."
> Atsuko looks bemused, as she has to contend with her outfit when the wind picks up.
"Why the hell is this my normal duds again!?"
> Atsuko tries not to give her student a pantyshot...Samson seems the kind who she wouldn't want to do that to.
Atsuko was definitely right on that score, though at the moment he still seemed more focused on the man's curious colorations and the contents of her device, not her figure. "Where I'm from it just indicates a strong affinity for one or more elements of magic," he said absently, turning back to read some of the new links she had brought up.
"Fair enough...so, you enjoy that tablet, eh~?" >_< "There's more where that came from...I can set you up with one later, as...well, my work in the Guardians pays a lot. Of course, I also pack a deep browser on that tablet, but...stay off that one--you're not gonna like what happens down there. After all, I have that as a necessity and, well...when I get on there, I often find something to shut down. Just last week, the Guardians actually stopped a few people from taking a flamethrower to a few people from a small magically rich village."
> Atsuko looks amused, and fortunately didn't have to worry about the wind anymore, as it slowed down.
"I can certainly see its uses," he said, still going through everything. But he did glance up at her again, from time to time, while she rambled about her life. some of the terms she used, he had no idea what they meant, but he could infer from context that they were not things to be trifled with.

When he had read enough that he was starting to get the idea, he handed it back to her. "I would greatly appreciate one, thank you," he said politely. "Though I do have one question. Is it sophisticated magic--or technology?" He hadn't detected magic, but that could be from a shielding enchantment, or the magic was incompatible with that of his world. Then again, it might just be a perfectly mundane but advanced machine as the northern barbarians would call it.
"Well, some call it magic. It's neither..."
> When Atsuko receives her tablet back, Samson still had a tablet just like it.
"It's Cipher's Tab. You could say it's a step higher than magic, and the best tech can't really replicate it. Funny thing...it chooses its owners."
> Atsuko looks amused.
"That's something it only does if the Guardians clear it. Guess they said yes."

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » (IC) The Conclave (Random Play)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus