Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » (IC) The Conclave (Random Play)

He rolled his eyes, clearly even more annoyed now, not carrying what Asami might be, only that she doesn't see fit to provide a straight answer. "It's really not that hard at all. I can infer he's some kind of mythological or historical figure from the context of this conversation, but can someone please actually explain a little about the general story of this...'Devil' person?"
Asami - Embodiment of Puu (played by Xpoint_MetaPulse) Topic Starter

Like she said, the devil is different based on who you ask. If you asked me...the embodiment of the devil can be male or female, but always takes the form of whatever the person perceiving the devil desires most.
Samson groaned, clapping a hand to his face and shaking his head. "Again, not helpful. I'm not asking for an abstract philosophical generalization, I'm asking where the concept comes from originally and what was originally said about them. Who first told stories of him or her? Where'd the name come from? Is the Devil a good or evil entity or somewhere in between? Generalizations don't help when I have no context, as I already explained I don't. Explain as you would to a child, not someone who already gets your cultural references."

"It's something a child won't understand. Nobody even knows who spoke of the devil first, and nobody agrees. The sooner you accept that not everything is easily explainable to everyone, or anyone in this case, the sooner you can see what I mean."
Indeed. Now I ask YOU, what do YOU think the devil is?
Umbra (played by AgitoAceXIII)

"Uh, I dunno what it is, but it ain't me."

"And the puu speaks up, finally~" >_< "Well, I have quite a pillow here~"
> Poor Tifa-puu remains taped up~
Asami wrote:
"It's something a child won't understand. Nobody even knows who spoke of the devil first, and nobody agrees. The sooner you accept that not everything is easily explainable to everyone, or anyone in this case, the sooner you can see what I mean."
Indeed. Now I ask YOU, what do YOU think the devil is?
"Are you always this unhelpful and dense? How would I know what the devil is to me when I've never heard of it before? How many times do I have to tell you this before you get that it's a concept my world has never heard of?" He waved her off, turning his back on her to look at the rest of the people there.

"Does anyone else here feel a little more helpful than her? Can anyone explain 'The Devil' to someone who is not from a culture that has ever heard of it even once?" He would now ignore Asami if she tried to speak to him any further. Better to pretend she didn't exist than do something he might regret later.
"...I would choose my next words carefully...I wouldn't wanna find out the hard way...I know, as I have..."
"Thank you, I figured that much out myself, it is why I asked someone else to explain, because her words make no sense to me--I prefer two-way communication, not riddles in response to earnest questions." His lips were pressed together in a thin line, but he said nothing more, waiting to see if anyone felt like giving a more helpful answer. Judging from his words he didn't understand, but either way he clearly intended to not say anything more to Asami, for good or ill.

He decided to clarify his position to anyone else who might be listening. "If nothing else, I'd read a book if someone had one or knew where I could find one I could read on the subject; I do enjoy learning about new cultures, and it sounds like there would be a lot of fascinating things to learn on the subject. Perhaps someone might help me locate a library in this mishmash of worlds?"
"She tends to be enigmatic on purpose...you may not know this, but she has plenty to hide...but it is possible to look it up...seeing as we have full signal here. Wanna try that, as I doubt many know...which sucks, but hey. Those who do usually wish not to say..."
"I don't care why she does it, it's not helpful and I highly doubt the 'devil' is something that she needs to hide judging how most people here aside from me seem to know what it is, so there's no need to be enigmatic on an apparently commonly known cultural reference. And I have no idea what you mean by a signal." He looked at Atsuko expectantly, with a quizzical arch to his brows, likely waiting for her to explain what she meant.

((he's from a world that hasn't hit their Industrial Revolution yet, he really wouldn't know what an electronic signal is, lol. It's a mix of Medieval/Renaissance levels at best))
"...Wouldn't you be embarrassed if you created pure evil as well? Anyway, I could show you what a signal is, but promise me that you won't tell your peers back home if you see them again--trust me, what I speak of is unbelievable in your time...a time that predates the web."
> Atsuko pulls out a tablet. If Samson looks closely, the home screen shows Atsuko's family. She would start searching for info on the devil.

((Would you like a clickable link showcasing what she finds?))
"Ah, pure evil, now we're getting somewhere." He actually smiled, now that he was getting some helpful information, and leaned in to look curiously at what she brought up. He also waved a hand over it briefly, the hand glowing faintly but doing nothing of note, just sending out passive sensory probes of a sort. "Not magic?" he asked, clearly fascinated as he studied the displayed family tree.

"I give my word. No one back home would believe me anyway, so that will be an easy promise to keep."

((sure, that would be the easiest for both of us ^_^))
"I know. The screen is touch sensitive, meaning that just tapping it can do some amazing stuff. While I'm surprised someone here doesn't know what the devil is and all, I found this."

((Here ya go! In the Xenoworlds lore, the aspects seen here are a selection of ways a devil is seen.))
((ok, awesome ^_^ Though I think two links got blended there))
((What did it do? I just linked the generic wiki for the devil...))
((It began with what looked like was going to be a link to an RPR community. I just wanted to be sure that it wasn't intended to be two different links))
((I see. If you got into the page, that's good. Otherwise, see this.))

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil

((Makes sense, yeah?))
((absolutely, yep! Now I gotta figure out how he'll react to this XD))
((Good~))

"...So, whatcha think about that?"

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » (IC) The Conclave (Random Play)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus