Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » This Town is to Die For! (Closed)

“I can protect myself!” Liliath shouted suddenly “I am not a baby.” She looked away “Sorry .”
She cracked open an eye, her inner iris a brilliant violet as she resorted to her arcane sight to see clearly. The girl, being alive as she was, made a glow for Victi to glare at. "By walking into every danger you can find as soon as possible, every time it shows up?" Her voice was still rough, "Lisa, sure. She can fight, and she's smart. But you waltz up to everyone you see like they're an old friend, and we're fighting a shapeshifter!" She finished, growling again, "You wouldn't survive an hour in the Great Wood." She closed her eyes again. Hopefully that kid would think for a minute. She probably wouldn't, but hopefully.
Liliath runned away “I hate you guys , and you to Lisa!” She yelled running away crying. “I can take care of myself so shut up stupid pumpkin !” She yelled.

Liliath didn’t really realize what she just did was dumb , but she felt so upset and hurt. She missed Lisa already , but she couldn’t crawl back . No she should try to survive in her own
As Victi went back to sleep, she managed to mutter, "She'd better prove me wrong."
Lisa Adrean Adeptus (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

"No, don't!" Lisa tries to chase her, but she can't run more than a few feet before her legs buckle and she falls. The pangs in her head strike like flashes of lightning. objects in front of her seem to duplicate and meld into each other. She can't catch Liliath in this condition.

"Damn it, Victi!" She strikes the pavement with her fists. There's another pain to add to a mile-long list.

Her anger fades as soon as it had come; it drains out of her and leaves her feeling weak and hollow. She lies on the ground and rolls over to face the sky. No stars, no moon. This dreary black sky holds no joy for her. She heaves another sob. "What have I managed to do?"
Raven (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

From the distance, Raven sees a small dark shape streak away from the rest of the group. Damn it, Liliath! She crouches to chase after her, but another form catches her eye and she turns to stealth mode.

A human, or "human," she has yet to meet. Curly dark hair, mouth agape in shock, normal human scent...she sniffs the air several times to be sure.

Not Vincent.

However, the last Not Vincent nearly killed her girl. She can't risk that happening again.

The stranger's headed toward the police station, near which Lisa, Victi, and the boomy guy are huddled all in terrible shape. She needs to stop the new guy from reaching them.

Still crouching, Raven stalks toward Adam. She has to sprint some to keep up with them, but her paws let her do so quietly. Once she's hiding a few feet away, she stops, wiggles her launches, and attacks.
Victi gives up on sleep at this point. The floor was too rough on her hips to lie on to let her get comfortable. "Survive, and let others do the same." She didn't open her eyes. The girl was magical, and she knew looking at her would be too bright right now.

"If she survives and thrives, she'll be fine. If she survives and suffers, she'll come back, and hopefully listen. If she dies... It sucks to have been her. Call me cold. You won't be wrong," Victi says, still clearly not doing well, "What else do you think you should have done?"
Their green eyes went wide as they fell over, groaning as they scooted themself away from whatever had just attacked. Their originally excited expression became scared as they scrambled up. Noticing it was “just a cat,” or they thought it was, they weakly smiled and slowly picked up Raven. “Hi, pretty kitty. What’s a b-beautiful little kitten doing out here? Do you have a home?” They still had a hint of fear in their eyes as they brought the cat towards their chest. “It’s alright, cat...”

She first thinks her attack perfect as Adam falls on their behind and moans with some weak terror, but then they smile, and before she can retreat, the stranger scoops her up in their arms. She growls in protest, but then the guy speaks.

Flattery is super effective on Raven.

She begins to purr and lets them bring her close. She curls up against their warm chest and closes her eyes. This feels good. She can almost forget everything that's going wrong.

And this is probably how I'm going to murdered.
Adam grinned as they gently scratched behind the cat’s ear. Like, ‘Oh, this random cat attacked me? I bet it’s safe!’ They giggled before putting the black cat back down. “You lost, kitten? I’ve always wanted a cat like you.” They continued to pet the cat, sitting down in front of the feline.

Boy, you have no idea, Raven's wry smile twinkles in her eyes. She likes this human.

Gears start turning in her head. Before her sits an able-bodied, not a child, and apparently not paranoid or homicidal person.

She doesn't feel like speaking. They clearly don't expect her to do so, and she doesn't want to make this weird. She stands, her tail rising above her head and curling at the tip. She mews at him and starts strolling away toward the police station. She walks in the direction of, they might notice, the sounds that'd drawn them earlier.
They tilted their head, slowly getting up. They quickly followed after the cat as they wiped their eyes, which her full of tears, probably from being frightened. “Is this where you hang out?” They smiled, folding their shaking hands behind their back.

Raven certainly does not miss the sniffling and wiping of tears. She wishes she could tell Adam that they have nothing to be afraid of, but:

a) She wants to see how long she can go without speaking.

b) That would be a lie.

She keeps walking, occasionally turning back and meowing to make sure they follow. Soon, the dark shapes of Victi, Lisa, and boomy guy come into view under the looming police station. She stops and stares at it. Her heart seizes for a moment when she sees that Lisa lies on the ground, but the girl's chest heaves and she gestures weakly as she says something to Victi, who's now apparently conscious.

Raven trots to Lisa and shoves herself under one of Lisa's arms and mews pathetically. Yes, she is using Liz as a tool to gain more sympathy, but the chimera doesn't seem to notice (In fact, she's oblivious to Adam's presence.) and responds by stroking Raven's cheek.

"Cold, yes, but..." Raven's back. Lisa feels her soft fur press against her hand. She starts to pet the kitty. "...true. It's only that, she is a child, and I can't stand the idea of letting a child die alone if I can...can..." it's getting harder to put her words together. Her head hurts a little less, but now everything is getting...fuzzy.
Victi lifts her head sharply. First thing, ow. Second thing, She smells Raven, and.... fear. Good, not the shifter. Smells like a bunch of the others. same species? interesting.

"Found help, Raven?" She asks through the side of her mouth. She was.... a little concerned about being focussed on first with her bright white fur, but she'd see what happened. Or, well, more smell, hear, and guess a lot.
//i’m just going to see if someone else will do it after this-//

They bit their bottom lip as they got down by whoever was laying on the ground. They didn’t dare make a sound, though at one point, the sniffled and quietly scolded themselves. They turned back to the black cat, and asked in a hushed voice. “Is this your owner, or something..?”
Victi cracked an emerald-green eye again. She could see a little more already, but knew she'd be paying for it soon. She looked at the newcomer. Not all that impressive, but hopefully they'd do

Raven nods a slow, deliberate nod that comes across as a very human thing to do. Then she drops the no-talking shtick; Lisa's few movements seem weak and shaky.

"We need help."

Help? That's it!

"If I can help it." Lisa shifts her head slowly to the side so Victi lies in her field of vision, but instead, her eyes fall on a dark form looming by her head. She gasps, terror seizing her. Stranger. Piercing green eyes. Wait...

Are they crying?

That doesn't assuage her fear. Why are they crying? Why over her? Who is that? What is that? She tries to get up, but pain wracks her body and she lies down, cradling her throbbing head in one hand. She feels Raven pounce on her chest like she can actually pin her down.
As events play around his unconscious form, the soldiers armor begins to take on a gentle aqua-colored glow at the back of his neck. Running outward like water droplets, they begin to run through every crook, cranny and rivet of the armor. The glow is now noticeable to anyone within a few feet of the still body. Perception would suddenly be taken from the light, as the armor itself came alive. The gentle hiss of once air tight seals being breached joined the chorus of hydraulics and gears, as the armored body rose abruptly from the ground, looking like a marionette on strings.

Perhaps the most eerie part was how it just stood there: head slightly lolling side to side, as its masked face seeming to stare at and through everything it saw.

"Biological proto-plasmic jellies," spoke the blue-lite armor, "what the hel-hel-hel- heavens have you dam-dam-dam-dam- done to my bonded!"

The chipper tone which it delivered this stuttering denouncement was hair-raising. And as if to emphasis the point, the armor raised the unconcious mans arms, hands hanging forward zombie-like. "Look at this mess."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » This Town is to Die For! (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus