Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Welcome to the Tavern (CLOSED)

She returns in her normal form. She walks up to the bar and asks for the strongest thing they have to drink. She heaves a big sigh and slumps into a bar seat. "If at all possible, make it as strong as you can... I still don't get this place but its got alcohol and that is what I need right about now.
She notices the Knight and his sun-like aura as she tucks her hair behind her ear. "This place is definitely unique" She says as she still patiently awaits her drink.
Both of them shake their heads, a little bit off beat than the other. "Sorry, we were thinking." Ben says. Benjiman looks at Jules. "Also, who in the name of Qiren are you?" He then opens his flask and takes a small swig. "Anyone have any rum?" Vei looks at the barkeep.
"I'm Jules, Jules Geist. And if I told you who I was then I fear I will be looked upon as a monster or rather I suppose people will make assumptions. But as for what I am? Well... I don't rightfully know myself. It's easier to just call me a demon and leave it at that I suppose." She sighs and then smiles. "Granted I don't typically go telling strangers my life story in the first meeting anyhow." She gets tired of waiting for a drink and snaps her fingers. Some rum and whiskey appear in front of her along with some glasses. "I'll make myself something. You said you wanted rum?" She slides a glass down. "Here have a glass." She then takes the bottle of whiskey and chugs a great amount of it.
Vei grabs it and drinks it quite quickly. " We have a lot in common, Jules." Ben chuckles, a bit bored. "I mean... the demon thing someone we know can relate to. But they're not here." She replies. "We might be able to get them over here if you want."
"I mean sure. I'm always happy to meet new people or beings." She finishes her whiskey and snaps her fingers once more for something they've never seen before. It was a bottle with crossbones and a skull on it. She starts drinking.

((Quick question but who am I talking to? Vei or Ben? Or both? I'm a bit confused lol))
((Both. Sorry, I'm a bit tired so I can't figure out how to elaborate. Maybe with Vei speaking it will be in '' and with Ben "". Hope that helps.))

Vei stands there, seemingly thinking. "Well, she's getting her so that might take a bit. Also... I'm guessing you're drinking some poisonous liquid. You guys are going to get along great." Ben sighs, a bit bored as he can't really do anything. "Anything you want to know about us?"
Flynn Auburn (played by Tink)

He walked in the Tavern, tripping casually. "Ouch....." he looked at the surroundings as he stood. "Where is this?" He looked around, not really focusing on anything in particular. He rubbed his eyes to make sure this wasnt a dream. He felt like he was outta place with his all black outfit, wolf ears and demon wings that were folded at this moment, his sea green eyes and black messy hair made him feel even more outta place.
"Oh hey!" Vei said, looking at them. "You're pretty interesting. But trust me, you're not out of place. Heck, I can break the fourth wall!" She chuckles. "So... you exist now." Ben looks at Flynn, a bit confused. "So... where did you come from?"

He looked at Vei, confused "What do you mean by I exist now? I've always existed havent I?" His brow furrowed and his tail flicked. "I'm pretty sure I've always existed cause I cant just poof into existence......."
"I've seen it happen." Ben interjects.

"Uhuh..... ok...... umm where is this?" He looked around, confused by the new place he just stepped into.
"It's almost connected to a lot of universes, so perhaps a teleporting universe? It's either that or the doors act as a portal to this universe." Ben sighs, feeling like he's spouting out nonsense.

"Ok......." he looked around, not fully understanding where he was or how he was here.
"Trust me... I don't get it either. But Vei does." He nods to the girl next to him.

"Mhm......" he looked at Vei, before looking around again.
"Whelp, I'll be over there." Both of them go into a secluded and private corner.
Raven (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

((Hi, I love all of you and I’m really happy you’re enjoying my roleplay, but as the person in charge of the whole and of playing the Tavern Keep, I’m going to ask you to take a break while I try to come up with a way to control posting. I’m really sorry; I can’t be online all the time to take my turns and keep the roleplay from dissolving into chaos like it kind of is now. If I’m interrupting any nice conversations that legit have nothing to do with the rest of the Tavern, you’re more than welcome to continue via private messages while you wait. Just let me catch up and write some new rules. Thank you. ))
Personally I do not see it being chaotic. However I will and do respect your decision. I understand life happens and when many people respond it is overwhelming. On top of that this is your server or forum that you put some serious thought in to.

I could argue the point that you said in the intro of all this that said:

"If you're gonna be gone for some time, please try to take a moment to roleplay your character out of the tavern and properly close whatever interactions they were involved in. If you can't, however, don't stress. I'm not going to murder you over this. I only ask you to help me keep the game clean if you can."

BUT I know how hard you worked on this and just want to be involved as much as you can. What can I say we love the environment you created. So please take you time in creating something that best suits your needs and wants. We will all be awaiting the new one. Thank you so much for you great idea and allowing us to be a part of it. I hope it comes back soon!

~ Rachel
Raven (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

((Thank you for understanding, except I don’t know how easily or believably I can roleplay the Tavern Keep out of the game. He’s in charge of the place and of making sure patrons don’t panic, kill each other, etc...basically an IC game mod.

And to clarify, I’m not permanently shutting down this thread or starting over. When I have time, I’m going to implement a new rule to try to control bursts of activity like what’d happened. It might not have dissolved into chaos, but part of me worried that it was headed that way. Apologies if I’ve stepped in too early, and if anyone has suggestions for a post-limiting rule that does not totally undermine the casual-ness of the Tavern, I’m open to what you have to say.))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Welcome to the Tavern (CLOSED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus