Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Welcome to the Tavern (CLOSED)

((Note that he's kinda in the middle of cleaning up broken glass right now. '^v^))
Neyesha wrote:
((Note that he's kinda in the middle of cleaning up broken glass right now. '^v^))

((Okay, I fixed it. Hopefully that's better))
((Zafnir is a dragon right? a full size normal by dragon means dragon yes?))
Zafnir Adubriscr (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

Pix wrote:

((Yes; I'd read his bio if you're curious about him.))
Pix wrote:

((he is, in fact, a full on dragon. Also, a big sweetie))
Neyesha wrote:
Okay.... three panicked individuals, in less than a minute.... Sox quietly drew the small pistol, and had it unfold itself into a short vambrace along her other wrist, and closed her hand around the grip of her fan.

((I swear its a coincidence lol))
((It's fine, she's just concerned))
Xenith Vermilion (played by iolhantheX)

((Nvm, sorry, wasn't trying to be rude.))

((Hey, hey. Chill Io; some of the posts are long and it's not hard for me to sum up events. We got several new visitors. One of them had some blood on them and that worried the Keeper. He's attending to her while the other characters sit at the bar wait for service, except for Pix, who kind of ran in here willy-nilly and has mistaken Zafnir for a Vyrin, a type of extinct dragon from her homeworld that's fabeled to snatch her people into the sky and drain their life force.))

((Oh, and Sox started dancing to relieve some of the tension.))
Zafnir Adubriscr wrote:
((Oh, and Sox started dancing to relieve some of the tension.))

((She is very good at that. lots of practise))
Xenith Vermilion (played by iolhantheX)

((Sorry, wasn't upset, just wondering.))
((Um... I would like to join, but I have 2 questions. One of my characters has a '4th wall breaking ability', which means that they would be able to remember it. However, they cannot speak about it to anyone because the universe doesn't allow them to. What would I do if I used that character, Vei? Another thing is that would this be a separate universe and doors are like portals? And what circumstances would make a door a portal to the tavern?))

((I'm actually very interested in seeing that fourth-wall breaking power play out. I don't know exactly how it would work, although I can say the Keep wouldn't like someone who can remember his Tavern on the outside very much.

As for the second question, the Tavern is like a little pocket dimension and when a door turns into a portal, it doesn't last long, just enough seconds for whoever's opening it to walk in. The door out of the Tavern, however, acts as a gate to whatever world its present user is from. When you leave it, you're back wherever you were when you entered. What makes a door become a portal is going to stay unclear for now, but you can try to uncover the mystery IC.))
Raven (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

((Hi, I love all of you and I’m really happy you’re enjoying my roleplay, but as the person in charge of the whole and of playing the Tavern Keep, I’m going to ask you to take a break while I try to come up with a way to control posting. I’m really sorry; I can’t be online all the time to take my turns and keep the roleplay from dissolving into chaos like it kind of is now. If I’m interrupting any nice conversations that legit have nothing to do with the rest of the Tavern, you’re more than welcome to continue via private messages while you wait. Just let me catch up and write some new rules. Thank you. ))

((Thank you for understanding, except I don’t know how easily or believably I can roleplay the Tavern Keep out of the game. He’s in charge of the place and of making sure patrons don’t panic, kill each other, etc...basically an IC game mod.

And to clarify, I’m not permanently shutting down this thread or starting over. When I have time, I’m going to implement a new rule to try to control bursts of activity like what’d happened. It might not have dissolved into chaos, but part of me worried that it was headed that way. Apologies if I’ve stepped in too early, and if anyone has suggestions for a post-limiting rule that does not totally undermine the casual-ness of the Tavern, I’m open to what you have to say.))
Flynn Auburn (played by Tink)

((You could always have limit of like 10 or 11 post a day, no excuses or anything and in the last post you get for the day you Rp your character outta there.))
((I would very much love to join this if it´s still going. But can anyone give me a short recap? What has happened up till this point? Is this place like the Room of requirement? And what happens if you leave the tavern? Are you somewhere else or are you back to where you were before you entered it?))

((Unfortunately this roleplay’s gone inactive because at the time, I couldn’t keep up with the buzz of activity it managed to stir. Apologies for forgetting to update the title. I intended to bring it back shortly but then managed to get even busier with IRL nonsense.

I may revive this roleplay again someday; it won’t be soon because I’ve picked up some other group RP commitments. If I do, I’ll make a new thread to start from scratch. Feel free to send me a friend request and I’ll let you know if I ever start it up again so you can join in from the beginning. :) ))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Welcome to the Tavern (CLOSED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus