Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Welcome to the Tavern (CLOSED)

"Ah, okay, technological or biological energy manipulation then.... Most of the time magic is the simpler evolution, from what I know," she mused, "Be careful who you call primative, though, my kind have spread to many universes both using magic and technology. Doesn't bug me too too much, personally, but as a general rule. Anyway, neat trick, since it isn't magic. I can do some things with fire kinda like that. Mostly my species uses magic for anything like would need energy manipulation, though." Satisfied that she had explained it well enough, she moved on to the more interesting part.

"Neyesha Sunspark Firefur," she answered politely, "Heiress to Sunspark Arcane Materials Ltd. and Sunspark Heavy Industries. Now, since tech like that tends to be a little less than obvious in its use from a first glance, if your people are anything like mine, why don't you give me the full run-down on it."
Pix took hold of the item in her sleeve she intended to pull out and 'unclipped' ot from her wrist band, still holding it in the same position. That was when she paused a moment, considering what Neyesha just said.

"Oh," Pix began as she eclipsed the item back to her wrist guard and pulled her hand back out onto the table empty. "This is not technology, it is our biology."

Pix held her hand in front of her, with her palm facing upwards, as if she were holding a small pet rodent in front of her face for view. In the next moment a strand of glowing energy matching the color of her eyes and particular strands of hair emitted in a line like fashion. The strand moved like a snake being drug across a path, making a circle in front of her three different ways to now appear more like a 3 dimensional globe. The energy then intertwined within the 'globe' creating a strange symbol also in an apparent 3 dimensional look.

"This is a gift from our Goddesses. They created us in this way, in a similar likeness to them. Our technologies are based on this energy, not the other way around." Pix's tone lost its light hearted 'happy to sell' demeanor as soon as she began speaking about this energy. In its place was a calm informative tone, quieter and far more serious. The energy was a holy thing to her, like all of her kind, and the way she spoke about it was a reflection of those feelings.

Pix held the symbol there and turned her eyes to look at Neyesha, scanning her face to interpret her reaction of such a thing.
Sox's eyes sparkled with curiosity. "You may be surprised to hear that that makes sense... Rare to be sure, and always slightly different in each case, if Avi knows what she's talking about. I know you'd like to sell things, but I need to ask a few questions, this is very interesting!" She was clearly genuinely curious, and rather enthusiastic. "You mentioned a divine gift, but a biological mechanism. If you've focused much on the biological sciences of your kind, do you happen to know what the mechanism of the energistic manipulation is? I'm... only so will versed in xenobiology and non-magical bioenergistics, but I do know a little more than just the basics," she finished, nearly bouncing in her chair while observing it. If only Victi were here to show of magic magic, too. The sorceress would probably make someone upset trying to determine the nature of this place, though... especially since it wasn't impossible that she's actually pull it off. Sox had a sense that this place was not supposed to be... revealed? That seemed like the best word for it.
The glyph of energy in front of Pix dissipated, the glowing beams of energy simply vanishing onto the air. Had she not grown up in a world driven culturally and religiously on this ability, it would be easy to misinterpret it for magic.

Pix looked back sheepishly, "Unfortunately I was a field researcher, far more an anthropologist than an....actual scientist, so I do not know the full extent of how it is used....but I can tell you this." Pix raised her arm and outstretched it in front of her with her wrist up and pulled her hand back towards the table below it to more fully reveal her wrist. She proceeded to pull the long sleeves on one arm back, revealing completely the wrist guard and attatched blade hilt. The blade hilt could now be obviously seen to be missing possibly the most important ingredient to said object, the blade itself was not present. Above this was a small dark blue jewel, about the size of a golf ball. It had only a slight glow to it, and the deep blueness of it almost seemed to pull those who looked at it into it, another item less informed races may believe to be magical. Next to it was a small silver colored piece of jewelry, faced down toward her wrist band. The emblem it had was in the shape of an almost animated looking star, the circular design exceeded by small spikes of simulated solar rays made of the same metal. The chain itself was wrapped around her small wrist several times before being clipped together loosely, yet even then seemed to be just as stuck to the wrist guard as everything else was.

Pix stalled there a moment, looking Neyesha in the eye a moment and purposefully allowing her to see the display. Certainly allowing her to browse was not going to hurt anything.

After the moment ended, she placed her index and middle fingers on her wrist. There could be seen apart from her ghostly white skin a light, almost unnoticeable coloring of green where her veins proceeded past.

"Our energy is stored in out blood, and is provided to all the parts of our body, organs bones, muscles. This is more than just our source for this ability you called magic, but is also what keeps us alive. However the Goddesses designed it, something in our pores we just call 'emitters' is responsible for the actual manipulation. What the are and how they work I do not know, but I do know they are most densely grown in our palms and on the soles of our feet."
Nightmare listened in on Pix's conversation, very intrigued by how she described who she was and where she came from. "Excuse me miss, but what exactly are you?"
Sox considered it for a long moment, looking at Pix, her eyes changing slightly in some odd way while she stared, her gaze flicking over the creature.

"I think," she said finally, "That you and I are more similar that either of us thought."

"For us, mana, the energy used in magic, is gathered from our environment and stored in our bodies, specifically our tails, and is carried by our blood and nerves to other parts of our bodies," she began, doing her best to remember the explanation Avitra had gone through with non-magical individuals in the past, which... usually seemed to make sense to them, "The ecosystem we evolved in was rich with it in all creatures, plants, and even micro-organisms. Almost all of them had some way of using that energy, either directly or indirectly. Small herbivores who could turn nearly completely invisible to hide, larger ones who could protect themselves in bubbles of energy, small hunters who could sing luring songs into the minds of their prey, and massive grassland predators who could make the ground move under their feet to hurtle them toward prey. And then us. Sure, we can spit fire or release electrical discharges or create wind, too, and sharpen our senses and strengthen our bodies with it, but we also learned to use the energy in the same way any species that will grow a civilization uses tools made of sticks and stones, and then more sophisticated tools once they figure out how to make them. I guess my point is, most of the time, magic has a biological mechanism. I'm not sure that it's the same energy for both of us, but from how you described it.... It sounds like magic controlled through a sophisticated biological adaptation, at least to me. I could be wrong, but functionally," she held out her hand, offering it to Pix to take hold of, "I think they might be close enough." She looked up at Pix, eyes bright with enthusiasm, "Would you like to find out?"
Pix's brow furred as she listened to Neyesha speak. The beginning of her comparison had made sense, somewhat. At some point in the duration of her speech, however, she had lost Pix, and as far as she was concerned Pix lost her too. The more she went on about invisible herbivores and ground moving predators, the crazier she sounded, and at the end of her speech, Pix simply stared at her incredulously. She wondered if she had caught one of the mind altering energy diseases that occasionally afflicted her people. Of course then she would have to be as energized as Pix or any other Voldarian, something she was certain wasnt possible. If she were, Pix would sense it.

Pix retracted her arm quickly, pulling her sleeve down as she did when Neyesha offered her hand, still staring at her with wide eyes and a shocked expression.

"No," Pix said promptly, "Attempting to share energy with the energess, or non energized beings, most often kills them, it is rare when it does not." Pix paused a moment considering Neyesha's face, attempting now to return to a normal expression of her own, "It is also illegal."

Pix looked towards the table with her eyes, then off to the side uncomfortably. Of course as much experience as Pix had with aliens, she was able to remain tolerant of the inappropriate offer Neyesha had unwittingly made. That didnt mean it was not disconcerting for her.

Her head turned to its side as she heard another lady behind her speak, as this occured Pix twisted only slightly at the waist as her head lined up to face her. "Oh I am from Voldar, but currently I am living on Navin. I would tell you where that was but j am not certain where we are even," Pix said, laughing nervously.
"Okay.... different power source. I was wondering why I wasn't seeing anything. Anyway, if it tends to overload, not testing resonance is probably wise. I've seen what psionic feedback does, and don't want to take anything that might be like that. I apologize for my lack of restraint, and ignorance of your ways," she replied as graceously as she could, "I would still be happy to browse and make a few purchases, though. With the setup you had, it looked like an energy projector of some kind?" She hoped she hadn't turned Pix off too much. She seemed like a nice enough girl, if furtive. That, of course, also made her interesting.

"If anyone wants my guess, I'd say an extradimensional locale of some kind. Doesn't feel like a world, exactly, but it's hard to tell."
Xenith Vermilion (played by iolhantheX)

Xenith's nap was disturbed, and he felt slightly cranky as he got up and downed the end of his drink. This place was beginning to be a little too boring, he needed something more exciting. The pirate sauntered his way over to the petite, disconcerted female, who was obviously made uncomfortable by those around her.

Completely ignoring the others the elf spoke directly to the green haired girl. "Lass, ya're looking to sell something? Whatcha got?" He motioned her towards him and away from the small group she had been conversing with. "Ah think we should go talk somewhere else aye? It's about time for some food ain't it?" He offered the woman his arm, in a startlingly gentleman-like way for one who looked so rouge-ish. "Shall we?"
Pix locked eyes with Xenith as he gestured her away from the company she had been keeping. She provided a, yet again, slightly surprised look as he not only spoke, but then offered her his arm. She looked at his arm a moment before glancing back at Neyesha, then back to Xenith.

She was genuinely surprised at his boldness, and given a different persona she had quickly come to recognize, she may be insulted by the offer. Any other Voldarian almost certainly would. Pix, on the other hand, was...impressed. She couldn't deny the possible attraction he had for her in the back of her mind, but even so, the way she had observed how he had carried himself made this less concerning.

A smile crept across her face as she thought about where he might lead her, and what she might find while she was there. While she didn't enjoy combat as much as the next Voldarian, she certainly enjoyed adventure....adventure was profitable, and this new alien intrigued her. She wondered if others of his kind were anything like he was.

"Alright," Pix blurted out, smiling in a plutonically pleased way. She floated off the chair and onto her feet, grabbing his arm. "Where are we going?" she asked, eyeing up to him from a standing position on the floor.
Neyesha wrote:
Sox laughed, "Finally noticing, huh? The sudden arrival in this tavern, my fans fitting in a pouch less than half their length, the wings spreading from nowhere, the fire during the dance.... Magic!" she answered with a wink, "Not everywhere has it, but enough do. Welcome to a whole new adventure, soldier."

She giggled. The bird was right, this kind of thing was fun!

"A fantasy adventure, since Magic isn't real..."

His cheeky counter was probably lost in the swell of attention suddenly directed at him and his joindre. First a smallish green humanoid approached them, and promptly insinuated they were compatriots of bedroom matters. Before he managed to lift a protest like Sox, two other clear aliens sallied forward and join the fray. The whole conversation suddenly becoming a free-for-all symposium. Having trouble getting a word in response in edge wise, and more perhaps approaching, the Imperial found himself slowly body blocked from where he originally stood.

Well this got busy...

Irked, he reached a hand through the crowd to nick his helmet from the newly jam-packed bar. It didn't look like he would get back his place anytime soon, so best to hold onto his belongings. The discussion had evolved, or devolved, into a discussion of "Magic", with sprinklings of more concrete science-sounding adjectives. It was like he was at the Courascant Myth LARP all over again. An unfortunate convention that his squad-lings had dragged him on a shore leave better left forgotten.

Thinking of his empty glass ruefully, now far behind enemy lines, as he reached over the counter for the whole bottle of Old Jax. The places proprietor still had his credit chit -- he hoped -- so he felt at ease to take some liberties. Perhaps his eyes met those of the foxy enchantress as he did so. With an shoulder shrug and smile at the whole situation, he lifted the bottle and two fingers in a sloppy salute, before beating retreat to a more secluded corner back toward the front door.
Xenith Vermilion (played by iolhantheX)

The handsome rouge chuckled and looked down at the cute woman, his deep, intense rusty golden eyes meeting her's firmly. "Why, wherever sounds good to ya lass, ah just need a good feed. Do ya like seafood?" His amiable response came, as he began to move them forward towards the exit. His stride was long, and slightly awkward, but he continued to lead the girl in a respectful, caring manner, taking smaller slower steps so she could keep up with him as he opened the door to the Tavern. Preparing to leave behind the fantastical Tavern that still held many adventures of it's own.
"Seafood?" Pix questioned, "I have never eaten a vegetable from the water, unless you cultivate from Plysol as well? Regardless if it is a plant I will certainly try it, a dead animal I....might...." Pix took over the conversation as she walked with Xenith towards the door.

"Hey have you ever tried Eola? Most species will no drink oil, really...but I have met some that will...." Pix's voice trailed out the door as she completely hijacked the conversation Xenith had begun. She was on her way out the door to new riches and adventures....hopefully her current companion would fare better than her last one.
Zafnir Adubriscr (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

The Keep, who had been kept very busy with taking care of everyone's drinks and answering questions, catches sight of the Voldarian and the elf man trying to leave together. Not good; even he doesn't know what happens when two beings from different dimensions who try to leave together, and he isn't sure he wants to find out so he calls out to them. "Oi! If ya two would like enjoy some seafood, I can throw it together fer ya over here." Although if they still choose to leave, he can't physically stop them. Trapping guests in the Tavern goes against all of his personal moral and business principles.

Zafnir had listened to the surrounding conversations for a long while before the chatter -particularly Sox's rambling about her universes technology and magic- turns into a lullaby in his ears. That seems like a cue to leave. He stands, carefully rights the stool he'd knocked over, and turns toward the door to take his own leave, following the wily Voldarian the elven rogue.
Nightmare knew that Pix hadn't noticed him, so he stood up to leave. "Wonder if I'll ever be back here again." he said as he exited through the door and returned to his team.
Ender (played by Wandering_Ender)

- As Ender walks in he looks around and is suddenly taken in aw at all the people around him as he walks up to the bar keep and asks for a drink-
Ender: This is nuts, how the heck did I get into a dimensional Fisher like this one?
The Ashen One (played by LittleFireKing)

A Knight walk in dragging his broken sword on the ground, the Knight amour have blood on it and the Knight was limping too. When the Knight look up he see all of these people the Knight sigh deeply and mumbled, “This is what I see after walking through a huge doorway,” he see the bar,” Welp, better make the best of it, never know when you get slash in half or burned alive,” the Knight sat down very heavily and lay his broken sword in front of him and try to fix it with some tools.

After a while he felt very thirsty, so he pull out his own drink, then realized it empty from the fight,’Ah hell, it empty from the fight, meh i’lll eat my food then’ he think to himself, then he realized it was all mush up . The Knight sigh deeply again,’Might as well ask for food and drink then,’ The Knight called for the Keeper and waited for the Keeper.
It looked like someone was having a bad day... Things had been going awkwardly enough for her here that she wasn't so confident about approaching anyone at the moment, though.

On the other hand, she may be able to help with that blade. She'd done enough heat work on various weapons and tools as part of the Sisterhood that she could at least be a bit of a makeshift forge.

She trots back over to the bar in near perfect silence, and takes one of the stools next to him while he isn't looking. "Seems someone's had quite the adventure," she says playfully, in classic kitsune style, "Mind sharing the story? We are in a tavern, after all. Call me Sox, by the way."
The Ashen One (played by LittleFireKing)

The Knight look over to her, surprise that he could not hear her came over, the Knight think for a while,’Should I tell her about my “adventure”, meh might as well,’ the Knight thought to himself ,”There only on word to describe that adventure, Hell,” the Knight say coldly.

“ Anyway you look like you have forged swords before, mind helping with this one,” the Knight say,” I have a few souls that I can give you in return.”
Raven (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

Zafnir having gone, a small cat follows the bloody knight inside and halts in the doorway, blinking. "...the heck?" She's just strolled into a tavern, like the one in town but better in the sense that it is filled with the most bizarre patrons she has ever seen. A fox-lady with fiery fur and three tails, the man she'd followed is covered in blood has a broken sword. While trying to fix it, he calls a man- probably the Keep -over to the counter.

The Keeper takes one look at this battered man and says, "Sir, can I interest you in a bed and some medical attention?" He masks his worry with a small smile. "And of course, whatever food or drink you'd like."

Raven approaches this trio silently, sneaking in true feline fashion toward the fox, whose tails are in easy grabbing distance of her claws, if she can just slink a little closer...

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Welcome to the Tavern (CLOSED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus