Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2019 » Puzzle2 symbol discussion (SOLVED)

Ilmarinen Moderator

Maybe that phrase isn't the one being referred to here... maybe thats for a different puzzle. In that case, where is a different "phrase where we enter"? The script around the portal is the alphabet, which isn't a phrase.
Hades_

In the main video where two characters walk through together there are 3 symbols specifically pointed out.
Ilmarinen Moderator

There's actually 4! One of them is closer to the top of the arch. But maybe it has to do with only the three.
How about this little scene?

XYo97x1.png

Could that be deemed a phrase?
Ilmarinen Moderator

That spells "labyrinth" scrambled up, and was the answer to Puzzle1 :D
Ilmarinen Moderator

So, the letters that are pointed out on the portal in the video are T, V, O, and G. Maybe we.... need to find some text, and however many Ts, Vs, Os, and Gs are in it, shift all the letters by that amount? >_<
Ilmarinen Moderator

Well.... from brute forcing, it seems that the jibberish phrase from the door doesn't use any Caesarian cipher. No result makes sense. I may be way too hung up on Caesarian ciphers right now... but I did also try keyword ciphers too.
Ilmarinen Moderator

Of course, maybe there IS more to the portal in the comic. Hm. THOSE arrows point to B, H, A, and R.
Isn't she pointing down?
Ilmarinen Moderator

It's kinda hard to tell, since to me, the koi cat isn't really pointing at anything. The portals, both in the video and the comic, both have pointers on them--that's what I've been referring to. But maybe we need to consider the kitty again...
In my inexperienced opinion, the little darts pointing down on the letters on the portal seem too well placed, but if nothing's working...
Ilmarinen Moderator

Yeah :( In the video, the letters being pointed to are T, V, O, and G. But I've tried a million things, to no avail.
Which are the two letters pointing down?
I know we've already figured out that it's not the koi cat, but look what I just got in a bottle lmao. XD
Message in the bottle wrote:
The koi cat is not the one that is pointing.
Ilmarinen Moderator

Oh phew XD thank you for dropping off the good news.
Ilmarinen Moderator

As for the letters pointing down... hard to say. Of the 7 arrows, we only see where 4 of them "land."
Ilmarinen Moderator

But you may be seeing something I'm not! Here is the translation of the alphabet that's used on the portal, so you can double check!

Atlantean script here
0JWL8Bb.jpg
Dragonfire (played by Dragonfire)

I have a feeling that once we figure out what the 'displaced' is referring to, things will click into place. But until that point...!

Maybe we're meant to combine the things being pointed at, in some fashion? We've got TVOG from the video, and BHAR from the comic, right? Could the shifts or displacement refer to 'labyrinth' and how it was scrambled?
Just a random guess here, but maybe it has something to do with the difference between the letters TVOG and BHAR? Like, how many letters are each of these separated by, and what would that produce if we converted those numbers back to letters?
Nope, that only gave me GJKJ or PLML, depending on which way I went. That doesn't seem to help much.

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2019 » Puzzle2 symbol discussion (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus