Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2019 » Puzzle2 symbol discussion (SOLVED)

Number of displaced letters...maybe there are some letters in the clue that don’t belong, and would be part of the hint.
Wait... you might be right. Question is, what letters don't belong?
I’m not sure...maybe each odd letter, or even letter, but that’s just speculation. It also mentioned to “move the chosen letters to the start,” so perhaps those that don’t belong are the ones to solve the riddle. I’ve no idea on how to figure out which is to remain or not, however.
Ilmarinen Moderator

Interesting thought! I don't see any letters that look misplaced in the clues, though. As for the keyed caesar shift, I *think* that's the same thing as a keyword shift but I dunno for sure!
Yeah, I deduced that I couldn't find anything that worked. I'll still try out any other ciphers that I can find and use.
Ilmarinen Moderator

Make a list of the ones you use! They may be useful in other riddles, if not this one :)
Alright!
Here's all the ciphers I've used so far.
Caesarian, Keyed Caesarian, Atbash, ROT13, Vigenere, Keyed Vigenere

Also, while looking at the list of ciphers that I have, I found a couple that have to deal with switching letters to numbers. I haven't tried them out yet, but I'm currently trying to brainstorm a way to use it in case that it may be the answer.
Right now, I'm currently using a random ciphertext in the hopes I figure it out at random.
Great7

Look where I point. The comic, I think the comic is a clue
It might be. Maybe look deeper into the comic and see if there's and artistically hidden arrow pointing to something useful.
Great7

The girl in the comic is pointing
Alright, I got pretty much nowhere with randomness.
Message in a bottle for the pointing. Not sure if this has been shared yet;

"The pointers in both the comics and the video must be utilized for Puzzle 2"
Ilmarinen Moderator

Hey Great7, do you mean in the last panel, where she's pointing with her thumb? It doesn't look like she's pointing at anything in particular.
Ilmarinen Moderator

Oooh!
Ilmarinen Moderator

I had tried to do some work with the comic and video pointers (BHARTVOG) but... theres more to try.
Alright! I'll keep up with the ciphers. Maybe we need to translate it to English or something?
I took BHARTVOG and put it into a ROT13 encoder/decoder, then saw if any of those unscrambled to anything, but to no avail. Closest I got to an 8 letter word was "pluvian" with ROT20...
Alright, I'm gonna go through Google Translate and see what it comes up with.
Google Translate didn't work.

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2019 » Puzzle2 symbol discussion (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus