Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2019 » Puzzle2 symbol discussion (SOLVED)

The Dragon (played by Ilmarinen)

RWOAR!

(I also started a thread for the scorpion cipher, but haven't gotten very far at all!)
Dragonfire (played by Dragonfire)

(I think we may need a little more information on the Scorpion Cipher, whatever it may be, before we tackle that one head-on!)

(I think you're right!)

I really REALLY should get some work done. So I'll let you noodle on this for a while and I'll pop my head in periodically!

Righty-o! Forts will be held down. ...Possibly by a dragon laying on them.

Have fun!
I don't get the second clue at all

Hrrrm. *squints* Confirmation on the TVOG / GOTV, for certain. But the phrase above the doorway in the video... I'm not sure. Almost looks like it could be 'kzxo iep tkfieo vda bdhh', to me. It's a bit fuzzy!

Tried to play around a bit with the brightness and contrast to make it easier on these old eyes. If anyone can squint it out better than me, please, by all means! :P

161l4s2_th.png
I believe it says "kzxa iep tkfiea yda bdhh"

Idk, but I'll keeptrying out as many ciphers as I can find.
Could on of the words be “day,” because I think “yda” could be scrambled into that word.
I can try to put it into the cipher, but I don't know if it would work.

And I'm back. Thanks for the extra sets of eyes, guys!
Ilmarinen Moderator

"Shifted the number of displaced letters" is a little ambiguous, grammar-wise, but I don't think it helps us. It could mean that the number of displaced letters was shifted ... but that doesn't make much sense. More likely, it means that something (the phrase?) is shifted by however many displaced letters there are. Or it's shifted by some number value of these displaced letters. Now, which letters are the "displaced" letters? The only letters that are singled out anywhere are the four that get pointed at in the video, but we have tried multiple Caesar and keyword ciphers, none of which helped.
Ilmarinen Moderator

Alrighty... the last word is "bdhh." If this is a cipher like a Caesarian, it'll be a word like "well" or "ball." Generally, at the end of a word, a double letter like that will be LL... I guess it could be SS? Or EE?
Ilmarinen Moderator

If H is L, ..... *squint* that is a Caesarian shift of 4.
Ilmarinen Moderator

Or, 22 I guess. Hmmm. If we shift the other letters accordingly, we get "FHLL." Doesn't help us.
Ilmarinen Moderator

Ooh, okay, if we assume the last two letters are SS, and we calculate the shift for the rest of the word, we get "moss." However, the full phrase is "vkiz tpa evqtpz gol moss" whiiiich is no good.
Ilmarinen Moderator

Squinting at the phrase above the door again, and going off what you guys said, too, I think it's "kzxo iep tkfleo yda bdhh"
Ilmarinen Moderator

Displaced letters... Well, two of the clues for other seals have randomly capitalized S's. Could that count as displaced, and if so, how does that factor in to the "look where I point" clue?
Ilmarinen Moderator

In a couple of attempts, I've turned up the fourth word ("yda") as _he... which might be "the."

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2019 » Puzzle2 symbol discussion (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus