Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2019 » Puzzle2 symbol discussion (SOLVED)

A door, perchance, for the third?
Ilmarinen Moderator

I've tried BHARTVOG and TVOGBHAR both, just as is. And yes, in the video, there is an encrypted phrase above a doorway that some of the labyrinth guardiand emerge from :)
Nope; not a door.
Just in case it hasn't been mentioned already. Got from a bottle.

Puzzle 2: You can shift in directions other than forward...
I haven't shifted the rest of the alphabet forward yet though.
Ilmarinen Moderator

Iiiinteresting.... that said, im now home from errands and am ready to redouble my efforts! BUT, if anyone here is also fighting the enemies at the top of the hour, please be sure to make a note of the flavor text. More info in the warrior chat.
Okay, after doing that, here are my results:
TVOGBHAR: mjft kbu zmhkbt igt vgrr
BHARTVOG: mjfb ktu zmvktb irb hrgg
Looks like it didn't move much.
Dragonfire (played by Dragonfire)

What if the shift changes depending on some other factor? If we're talking about displaced letters, the BHAR from the 'labyrinth' anagram are displaced from where they 'should' have been. The B is two forwards, H is seven back, etc.
It's worth a shot. If you would want to extend the idea a bit, I'd be willing to try it out.
Dragonfire might have a point; perhaps the numbers are in a specific order, and the letters correlate with it.
This may be a time to use the Affine shift. All I need is a number to shift the alphabet by and then a multiplier that can further unscramble it.

I need more coffee before I can deal with this, hahah.

All this solving is starting to have some effect, though - the obelisk is starting to light up! Neat.
Ilmarinen Moderator

Oh dang, you're rigth!
Awesome. I might actually have to start working on other riddles.
Also, do you know anything on how we could use the Affine cipher for this Heimdall?
I'm just going through and trying to find a number to shift the alphabet over by and then a multiplier that can further unscramble it.
Ilmarinen Moderator

Hmmmm, I'm not familiar with Affline shifts. But the second clue is talking bout shifting the number of displaced letters, which may be 8?
I'm gonna try to use that as the multiplier since the number to shift the alphabet by has to be coprime to 26, which is apparently all odd numbers.

Or eighteen, if one is shifting backwards.

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2019 » Puzzle2 symbol discussion (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus