Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2019 » Puzzle3 symbol discussion (SOLVED)

No, look at how the portal is activated in the video.
Do we want to identify some color-related numbers related to the crystals and then try them out as guesses once the monsters are destroyed?

Or... something else..
Dragonfire Moderator

Sure, let me do a little colour-picking and see.
Dragonfire wrote:
The letters around the portal, you mean? They spell out 'BHAR' in the comic and 'TVOG' in the video! We used them for Puzzle2. :).

There are seven cursors/markers in the video; three of them stay on top and two go down on each side.

The four letters relate to the four cursors / markers which go down, but what about the three pointing at signs on top?
Dragonfire Moderator

Hrrm. I have noticed that the video ones in general have more pointers. But I figured that was just a limitation of the lesser space available on the comic version.

Could give it a shot, I guess! Although we can't know what the video ones are pointing to.
I think I can capture a screenshort, lemme try.
DUNeIJc.png
Ilmarinen Moderator

Hmm ... could the answer be as simple as "3"?
Or the three letters for the symbols on top?
Dragonfire Moderator

Heimdall wrote:
Hmm ... could the answer be as simple as "3"?

translation-i-see-what-you-did-there_o_1852513.jpg
Dragonfire Moderator

The only thing is that those pointers are still in motion when the camera pans out of view. But it's possible!
Watch the very next sequence in the video, showing the top third (to the right) cursor. I think those three symbols are it!
Dragonfire Moderator

Alrighty, the colours on the Ribble Deast in the comic:

Green: 17f30d / RGB 23 245 13 / HSV 117 95 95

Pink: fd97e4 / RGB 253 151 228 / HSV 315 40 99

Blue: 5cfefe / RGB 92 254 254 / HSV 180 64 100

Meanwhile, in her most powerful battle-image, she's glowing at a 80fefe / 128 254 254 / 180 50 100 in the middle of the large crystal.
DorianM wrote:
Puzzle 3: One of the images you are looking for is in a comic

Puzzle 3: The other image you need is never depicted in the videos

Well 😂 at least we know for sure it's halved between the videos and comics, so we should be comparing them!
Dragonfire Moderator

But if it's never depicted in the videos, then... An enemy, or another image associated with Epic Week.
Ohhh right right, tricky 🤔... so one was definitely in a comic, the other is anywhere else except the videos... but we need to compare things? Maybe we can look into the comics from last year and see what doesn't quite line up, didn't it end with the portal?

Edit: https://www.rprepository.com/events/epicweek2018/index.php
I'm still thinking it might have something to do with the sphinx and its different crystals, but there's also the portal from last year (top) VS this year?
qXKkBgH.png
It's open!! I tried "treasure" based on the last image but no dice.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

tenor.gif
comic2_sphinx-small.png

I tried sphinx
wisdom
togetherness
tests
power
riddles
sphinx stones
colors

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2019 » Puzzle3 symbol discussion (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus